Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

Re: [Primer] Tentacle Smash – Eldrazi Aggro Feat. 10 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    What does your current list look like?
    I write a report in big eldrazi. My last list 16 post is very strong. I like my new version

The below list looks great. How do you think it will fare in the new Topless meta? Miracles was always a deck we were able to prey on for easy wins. Wondering what decks will replace it and how we should adjust. Something against elves perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    hi,yesterday i play in milan this list

4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost
    4 vesuva
    4 thespian stage
    4 eye of ugin
    4 eldrazi temple
    4 ancient tomb
    2 urborg

4 seer
    4 oblivion sower
    3 ulamog
    1 emrakul 15/15
    2 kozilek butcher

4 all is dust
    4 grim monolit
    4 chalice of the void
    4 Trinisphere

Side
    4 leyline of the void
    4 spatial contortion
    4 pithing needle
    3 warping wail

at the start 40 player

turn 1 vs bug nemesi (win 2 0)

g1 chaliche turn1,trinishere turn 2,ulamog....gg
    g2 long game i win eye of ugin for emrakul.

turn 2 vs ub reanmator (win 2 1)

g1 my oppo no look creature in the grave and i win with oblivon sower
    g2 i mull 5 no look hate grave and lose exhume turn 2 griselbrand
    g3 i mull 5 ...chaliche turn 1 ,seer turn 2 ,chaliche for 2 turn 3...gg

turn 3 vs miracle (win 2 0)

g1 my oppo play mentor and i top deck eye of ugin and cast ulamog and next turn kozilek...gg
    g2 my oppo play 2 moon and i cast oblivion sower turn 6 and all is dust and kozilek ...gg

turn 4 vs burn (win 2 0)

g1 i start cloudpost and pass,my oppo goblin guide and pass,i play cloudpost grim monolit and trinisphere...gg
    g2 my oppo play guide and double bolt turn 2 i cast turn 3 trinisphere and chaliche for 1 turn 4 ....gg

g5 and g6 id

final scores are in 2 place

quartert final

vs bugr (win 2 1)
    g1 i cast chaliche and multiple ulamog ...gg
    g2 my oppo play double thoughtseize target trinisphere and kozilek and i no see creature...jace in the play turn 5 gg
    g3 long game i cast 3 ulamog and emrakull...gg

split semi and final

I am very happy with this idea

expect your opinions and comments

Aug 2014
    Philippines

Will be trying out Cascading Cataracts and replacing some of the City of Traitors and Urborg since it might have a chance against Wasteland decks.

The best answer to Elves is Cursed Totem. It is as painful for them as Chalice on the first turn. Or you can use tools which MUD used: Masticore or Stell Helkite

Good idea. Between early Chalice, trinisphere, all is dust and cursed totem from the board, elves should be an easy win

The below list looks great. How do you think it will fare in the new Topless meta? Miracles was always a deck we were able to prey on for easy wins. Wondering what decks will replace it and how we should adjust. Something against elves perhaps.
    I think now sensei is banned this deck is competitive... Ok miracle easy game, i think big eldrazi is future tier 1,5!!!!

Go go big eldrazi player.

I test main deck now post bann 4 wurmcoil and cut 1 trinisphere 2 ulamog 1 kozilek butcher.

Cutting trini seems like a bad idea with combo expected to make a resurgence.

Also is Oblivion Sower as potent still without Miracles or is an alternative (Reality Smasher, Wurmcoil Engine, Steel Hellkite to deal with aggro's increased presence or Conduit of Ruin for acceleration and tutoring of Ulamog) worth a look. Miracles was the main deck that ran lots of nonfetchlands and stacked the top of its deck, if it's replaced with combo decks that play few lands, sower becomes much weaker.
    Last edited by Captain Hammer; 04-26-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Also is Oblivion Sower as potent still without Miracles or is an alternative (Reality Smasher, Wurmcoil Engine, Steel Hellkite to deal with aggro's increased presence or Conduit of Ruin for acceleration and tutoring of Ulamog) worth a look.
    Mmmm...trinisphere main deck 3x copy is good Vs combo delver deck,burn elf...is impossible cut.
    What do you think

Aug 2014
    Philippines

Also is Oblivion Sower as potent still without Miracles or is an alternative (Reality Smasher, Wurmcoil Engine, Steel Hellkite to deal with aggro's increased presence or Conduit of Ruin for acceleration and tutoring of Ulamog) worth a look. Miracles was the main deck that ran lots of nonfetchlands and stacked the top of its deck, if it's replaced with combo decks that play few lands, sower becomes much weaker.
    The deck is still good w/o Trinispheres. But, post-ban SDT the resurgence of combo decks is a concern. I already adjusted my deck and added +3 Trinispheres

Oblivion Sowers are still good, if you're paired to Lands and/or Maverick, you get to snatch their Wastelands. Better yet, some luck snatching the Dark Depths + Thespian Stage

Granted that multiple trinispheres are redundant 3 in main seems the right number.

I'm more worried about fast combo and burn. I feel like they are on an upswing and Chalice and Trini will be key to having a shot against them. A trini plus a turn 4 ulamog that blows up two mountains should be an autowin vs burn.

After some testing with Caprinos list against burn and ANT, I'm no longer as worried about those matchups. I think this new meta will be pretty good for this deck overall.

What list exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Cryoclasm View Post
    What list exactly do you mean?
    Sorry for the slow reply, had been sick the past week.

Below is the list I was referencing. Caprino originally developed it and I switched to it soon after.

4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost
    4 vesuva
    4 thespian stage
    4 eye of ugin
    4 eldrazi temple
    4 ancient tomb
    2 urborg

4 seer
    4 oblivion sower
    3 ulamog
    1 emrakul 15/15
    2 kozilek butcher

4 all is dust
    4 grim monolit
    4 chalice of the void
    4 Trinisphere

Side
    4 leyline of the void
    4 spatial contortion
    4 pithing needle
    3 warping wail

Sorry for the slow reply, had been sick the past week.

Below is the list I was referencing. Caprino originally developed it and I switched to it soon after.

4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost
    4 vesuva
    4 thespian stage
    4 eye of ugin
    4 eldrazi temple
    4 ancient tomb
    2 urborg

4 seer
    4 oblivion sower
    3 ulamog
    1 emrakul 15/15
    2 kozilek butcher

4 all is dust
    4 grim monolit
    4 chalice of the void
    4 Trinisphere

Side
    4 leyline of the void
    4 spatial contortion
    4 pithing needle
    3 warping wail
    Is the BigEldrazi thread dead? Is this the main forum for this deck? I tried the less land but more thran version last night. Sower after someone spent 5 life limdul vaulting was funny. Almost every game I hit multiple fetch lands. Also had my dudes path to exiled a few times...switching a thespians for a waste is probably good.

Sent from my SM-G935S using Tapatalk

A waste isn't a bad idea if Path to Exile is a common card in your area, I mostly see StP still.

This thread predates the Big Eldrazi thread but both threads are popular. It's saddening that the deck name Tentacle Smash never caught on. It describes what this deck does perfectly.

The issue with Sower grabbing fetchlands is why I am planning to switch back to Conduit of Ruin or Endbringer. Sower was amazing vs Miracles but doesn't pack the same punch in the current topless meta.

A waste isn't a bad idea if Path to Exile is a common card in your area, I mostly see StP still.

This thread predates the Big Eldrazi thread but both threads are popular. It's saddening that the deck name Tentacle Smash never caught on. It describes what this deck does perfectly.

The issue with Sower grabbing fetchlands is why I am planning to switch back to Conduit of Ruin or Endbringer. Sower was amazing vs Miracles but doesn't pack the same punch in the current topless meta.
    I ssw path a couple times as a sideboard card. Lands has picked up steam in our area so I hope to get matched with them or aggro loam with the sowers but instead I get dnt and exile stp and equipment. Cant complain tho. I often got a single land but meh, variance. I like endbringer a lot bc of show and tell decks being popular here. It also screws with limvul vault setups.

Sent from my SM-G935S using Tapatalk

Below is my most current list

4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost
    2 vesuva
    1 thespian stage
    4 eye of ugin
    4 eldrazi temple
    4 ancient tomb
    3 city of traitors
    1 urborg

4 seer
    4 ulamog
    1 emrakul aeons torn
    1 kozilek butcher
    1 kozilek new

4 all is dust
    4 grim monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo
    4 chalice of the void
    3 Trinisphere
    3 voltiac key

Side
    4 leyline of the void
    3 wurmcoil engine
    3 spatial contortion
    3 pithing needle
    2 warping wail

It's a tweaked version of the list that won Milan and I am very pleased with it.

Quote Originally Posted by josch6083 View Post
    Playing Big Eldrazi for a while now. Played about 150 matches so far. The first week after the top ban I felt no difference in matches. But then the meta changed (at least online). Before Top-Ban I won about 65-70% of my matches, one week later it was about 50%. That΄s a lot. The reasons are:
    - more Delver in all variants
    - all in all more creature based decks with too many early threats

So I made some changes. I think, we have to play more cards to interact with our opponents. Playing a turn 4 Ulamog often isn΄t enough because we΄re way too much behind. Many times I had the following situation: Opponent turn 1 Delver, I play land, He flipps Delver, plays wasteland. Then we need another 2-4 turns to come back. we cast a spell and it get΄s countered. So we΄re pretty dead. I hate that and it happened way more often after top-ban.
    - I added warping wail and spatial contortion to handle the early threats and counter some shit like hymns, natural order, green sun zenith ...
    - I cut Grim monolith and Dynamos. On the one hand you lose some explosiveness, but you get more consistency. I agree with caprino, that 29-31 lands are pretty solid (e.g. they are safe to Thoughtseize and cards like Kolaghans Command, that you see more often now).
    - I also play Needle because we need weapons against wasteland, Jace, Liliana, DRS and many other shitty cards.
    - I Play Kozileks Channeler.I not sure about this card yet, but it did a great Job so far. It is safe to Abrupt Decay and Fatal Push. You can Cast it Temple and Eye of Ugin and it has a solid body to block the early threats of our opponents. And of Course it ramps your mana. I had quite a few matches, where my opponents couldn΄t handle it. I think it is a very underestimated card!

So this is what I came up with.

Creatures:
    4 Ulamog ceaseless Hunger
    3 Kozileks Channeler
    4 Thought Knot Seer
    4 Oblivion Sower (=> great Blocker and good mana Ramp in combination with Urborg)
    1 Kozilek Butcher of truth

Instants/Sorceries:
    3 All is Dust
    3 Warping wail => too strong to be ignored
    2 Spatial Contortion => tried 2 Dismember first but 4 Life to kill a DRS or a Thalia ... is just to much

Artifacts:
    4 Pithing Needle
    4 Trinisphere

Lands:
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    2 Urborg
    3 City of Traitors

I "only" play 28 lands because of the 3 Channelers.

Sideboard: (I΄m trying out some things. So would like to hafe some comments on it)

4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Wurmcoil Engine (against Eldrazi, burn, UR Delver, Nic Fit ...)
    2 Endbringer (against SnT and the just named creature decks)
    1 Dismember (KotR, Gurmag Angler ...)
    2 Phyrexian Revoker (against Food Chain, Elves, planeswalkers) => not sure about it yet
    3 Thorn of Amethyst (against Belcher, Storm and every other combo shit)
    1 Warping Wail

I would love to get some comments on it. Spend lot΄s of time working on this list and hope to get some feedback.
    I love the concept. Have you considered Conduit of Ruin instead of Channeler? It costs one more mana but is beefier and also tutors up a nice threat. That's the best part, that you can get away with running fewer giant creatures (like the list in the op) if you play Conduit.

Caprino, what do you think of this list?

4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost
    3 vesuva
    3 city of traitors or is thespian stage better here?
    4 eye of ugin
    4 eldrazi temple
    4 ancient tomb
    2 urborg

4 seer
    4 reality smasher
    4 oblivion sower
    3 ulamog
    1 kozilek butcher
    1 kozilek new

4 all is dust
    4 grim monolith
    4 chalice of the void
    3 Trinisphere

Side
    4 leyline of the void
    4 spatial contortion
    4 pithing needle
    3 warping wail
    I test this list main deck...

Is good!!! Smasher and oblivion sower is very strong

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    I test this list main deck...

Is good!!! Smasher and oblivion sower is very strong
    Yeah Smasher is awesome. I think this list makes more sense in the faster postMiracles environment.

Glad you are playing it. How is it going?

If you're interested, this is the current build I'm running and I love it.

4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Vesuva
    1 Thespian's Stage

4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Oblivion Sower