Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [Primer] Eldrazi Post – Colorless Eldrazi Ramp

Re: [Primer] Tentacle Smash – Eldrazi Aggro Feat. 10 Post

Hey all! Posted this in the BigEldrazi Thread... Thought it might fit here aswell.

So, I sleeved this up for my local last night, expecting lots of decks that go wide and very little spell-based combo.

Counts : 61 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:13
    4 Walking Ballista
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Spells:22
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Serum Powder
    4 Thran Dynamo
    4 Karn Liberated
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Lands:26
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva

Sideboard:15
    1 Emrakul, the Promised End
    4 Warping Wail
    4 Trinisphere
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 All Is Dust

In short;
    2-0 Vs Miracles (Warm-up round)
    2-0 Vs UBR Tezz
    2-0 Vs Bant Faeries
    2-0 Vs OmniSneak
    1-2 Vs Grixis Delver

The gamelosses vs delver were on the draw, mulliganed, early delver plus wasteland and backed up with FoW.. For a first tournament the deck felt really solid. Serum powder and Ballista were both fine, offering flexibility and help with mulliganing, Warping wail and All is Dust out of the board were ace. Most games were won via Thought-Knot and Karn, Big Emmy ended it Twice.

Might make some changes for next time... Gonna do some testing involving Endbringer, Reality Smaher and Cavern of Souls.

As this forum is more about the hybrid aggro/big eldrazis, I think this fits right here:

Sugiyama Yuya made it to 3rd/about 200 with the hybrid list at GP Shizuoka. List:

Land (26)
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cavern of Souls
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas
    2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4 Wasteland

Creature (22)
    4 Endbringer
    2 Endless One
    4 Matter Reshaper
    3 Oblivion Sower
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Instant (2)
    2 Warping Wail

Artifact (10)
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass

Sideboard (15)
    2 All Is Dust
    2 Dismember
    4 Leyline of the Void
    3 Ratchet Bomb
    4 Thorn of Amethyst

// 60 Maindeck
    // 18 Artifact
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Thran Dynamo
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Trinisphere
    2 Voltaic Key
    3 Sorcerous Spyglass

// 14 Creature
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    1 Endbringer
    4 Reality Smasher
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Emrakul, the Promised End
    1 Wurmcoil Engine

// 2 Instant
    2 Warping Wail

// 24 Land
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Vesuva
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    3 City of Traitors
    2 Eye of Ugin

// 2 Sorcery
    2 All Is Dust

// 15 Sideboard
    // 5 Artifact
    SB: 2 Thorn of Amethyst
    SB: 2 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 1 Sorcerous Spyglass

// 3 Creature
    SB: 2 Wurmcoil Engine
    SB: 1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

// 4 Enchantment
    SB: 4 Leyline of the Void

// 3 Instant
    SB: 3 Spatial Contortion

Planning on taking this to Eternal Weekend. Anyone have thoughts on edits? Decided on the 3/1 split for Spyglass because 4 felt like a little too much. I have a single wurmy in the main because it's currently as a flex spot (No idea what I should put, it'll probably be an Endbringer). I'll probably be taking out Promised End for Aeons Torn just so I can have a much more definite finisher for grindier matchups, and the occasional meme against S&T. Ratchet bombs in the SB are for Moon decks and possibly delver (On 1 hits Delver + DRS, 0 Hits elemental tokens, 2 hits young pyro). I probably should be doing some more thinking on how I'm siding but ―\_(ツ)_/―

Hi all! I'm new here, so sorry if I make any mistakes. I'm working on a version of this deck and wanted to come see what others think. I just posted my list up on TappedOut http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/legac...-eldrazi-post/, but I'll add it at the end of this post as well.

When I first got back into Magic just before Theros, one of the decks I built was a Locus land based Eldrazi / Artifacts colorless deck. It was a lot of fun ramping quickly into big fat monsters, but once I started building "real" decks I assumed it would always be in my past...the fun, janky phase. When I recently stumbled upon the Tentacle Smash deck here, I knew I needed to dig the cards back out and make a more legit version of my old deck. I hesitate to call it "budget" but it doesn't run all of the expensive cards that most other builds do. Hopefully it'll still be fun and competitive!

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Here's my list:

Creature (20)
    1x Breaker of Armies
    4x Conduit of Ruin
    4x Eldrazi Mimic
    1x Endbringer
    1x Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    4x Reality Smasher
    4x Thought-Knot Seer
    1x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Artifact (14)
    4x Basalt Monolith
    4x Chalice of the Void
    4x Thran Dynamo
    2x Trinisphere

Land (24)
    2x Ancient Tomb
    4x Cloudpost
    3x Crystal Vein
    4x Eldrazi Temple
    3x Eye of Ugin
    4x Glimmerpost
    2x Thespian's Stage
    2x Vesuva

Sorcery (2)
    2x All Is Dust

Sideboard (15)
    4x Faerie Macabre
    2x Oblivion Sower
    1x Ratchet Bomb
    2x Sorcerous Spyglass
    2x Spatial Contortion
    1x Ulamog's Crusher
    2x Warping Wail
    1x Wurmcoil Engine

Maybeboard (Other stuff I already own that I could easily use)
    1x Bane of Bala Ged
    4x Cavern of Souls
    2x Cursed Totem
    2x Emrakul, the Promised End
    4x Endless One
    4x Expedition Map
    2x Grafdigger's Cage
    4x Matter Reshaper
    2x Pithing Needle
    1x Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    2x Voltaic Key
    4x Walking Ballista
    1x Wasteland

Mostly I'm missing some copies of Ancient Tomb and City of Traitors. Those are out of my price range at this point. The other expensive lands I already owned, so I can easily swap them into this deck from another one. So yeah, that's where I'm at. What do you think? It's been really fun reading through the posts here and it gave me some fun ideas. Thanks!
    Last edited by LeroyHayabusa; 10-20-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Eldrazi Aggro Rampage:

Lands 25:

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Cavern of Souls
    2 Vesuva

Creatures 19:

4 Thought - Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Ulamog, The Ceaseless Unger
    2 Oblivion Sower
    2 Endbringer
    2 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Walking Balista

Sorcery 4:
    4 All is dust

13 Artifact:
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Pithing Needle (always vs Wasteland)
    3 Thran Dynamo
    3 Mind Stone (Good to play Reality Smasher or Knoth at second turn having also pithing at turn one in the battlefield. In Late game perfect to draw).

Sideboard 15:
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Warping Wail
    4 Faerie Macabre
    2 Grafdigger's cage (also vs. cabal Therapy for example vs delver pyro)
    1 Ratchet Bomb

I'm thinking to play + 3 Sourceros Spyglass and - 3 pithing needle, + 4 Chalice in main and - 2 Oblivion Sower, - 1 Reality Smasher, - 1 All is dust - 2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, +2 City of traitors.

In side - 4 Chalice +4 Leyline of the Sanctity, -1 Faerye Macabre - 2 Grafdigger's Cage, -1 Ratchet Bomb, + 4 Leyline of the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugoal View Post
    Eldrazi Aggro Rampage:

Lands 25:

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Cavern of Souls
    2 Vesuva

Creatures 19:

4 Thought - Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Ulamog, The Ceaseless Unger
    2 Oblivion Sower
    2 Endbringer
    1 Walking Balista

Sorcery 4:
    4 All is dust

13 Artifact:
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Pithing Needle (always vs Wasteland)
    3 Thran Dynamo
    3 Mind Stone (Good to play Reality Smasher or Knoth at second turn having also pithing at turn one in the battlefield. In Late game perfect to draw).

Sideboard 15:
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Warping Wail
    4 Faerie Macabre
    2 Grafdigger's cage (also vs. cabal Therapy for example vs delver pyro)
    1 Ratchet Bomb

Got 39th at Eternal with an edited version of my list. Will do a write up within a couple of days

Eternal Weekend write up
    Decklist
    Land (24)
    4x Ancient Tomb
    3x City of Traitors
    4x Cloudpost
    4x Eldrazi Temple
    2x Eye of Ugin
    4x Glimmerpost
    2x Vesuva
    1x Wastes
    Instant (2)
    2x Warping Wail
    Artifact (18)
    4x Chalice of the Void
    4x Grim Monolith
    3x Sorcerous Spyglass
    2x Thran Dynamo
    3x Trinisphere
    2x Voltaic Key
    Creature (14)
    4x Reality Smasher
    4x Thought-Knot Seer
    2x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1x Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    3x Wurmcoil Engine
    Sorcery (2)
    2x All Is Dust
    Sideboard (15)
    1x All Is Dust
    3x Endbringer
    4x Leyline of the Void
    1x Pithing Needle
    3x Spatial Contortion
    2x Thorn of Amethyst
    Overall, I made it to 36th place at the main Legacy event at Eternal Weekend. I finished 8-3 with me three losses to DnT, NicFit Scapeshift, and Infect. Within those 8 wins, there were a couple that I only won basically out of pure luck. At the Legacy challenge the next day, I finished 2-2 with losses to Czech Pile and Show and Tell, one of those wins being complete luck. If you guys want any information on matchups and how I sideboarded just ask.

Overall, the deck felt like it ran well. With that being said, I only played against two T1 decks during the main event. The largest problem I found with the deck was the inconsistencies I sometimes found with lands in the opening hands. With lands like Eye of Ugin and Vesuva, it's inevitable that we have to sometimes mulligan less than stellar hands. The biggest changes I liked was the basic waste in the main (Relevant for the NicFit matchup sometimes and actually helped against blood moon once!) and playing 3 wurmcoils in the main. Out of all the eldrazi, Smasher was the one that overperformed. I've had more than a few games won off the backs of playing a T3 smasher into a T4 smasher and then having no real way to answer them. TKS obvious did unfair things, and resolved Ulamog either bought me a few turns or often became a 4 for one when they force it.

The largest weaknesses I have found with the deck is that it is hard to beat a flipped delver (Wurmcoil in the main is my way of beating it pre-board) and certain unfair matchups are absolutely awful (Sneak Attack/Show and Tell/Nic Fit/Infect are the ones that did me in). As a modern tron player, playing this deck makes me very reminiscent. We prey on the mid-range and control decks, and they prey on the unfair decks. My current list has cut the Kozilek for a third Ulamog (There was never a time where I wanted to cast Kozilek, and everytime I had Kozilek an Ulamog would've been better), and trimmed the third Endbringer for a Ratchet bomb. DnT never felt like an awful matchup, but in testing I've found it to be closer to 50/50 than I liked. With that being said, I'm only two months into the format with just as much experience with this specific deck and Eternal Weekend was my first big event. Hopefully next time when I can make a legacy GP or SCG I can snag a feature match for us!

Edit: Forgot the results lol No particular order
    2-0 Enchantress
    2-0 Infect (Super lucky)
    2-1 RW Goblins (Decked him with Ulamog!)
    0-2 DnT
    2-0 UW Miracles
    2-0 Maverick
    2-1 Mono Red Sneak (Got T1'd G1 and managed to live through him not topdecking anything for 7 turns so I could all is dust)
    1-2 Infect (G3 was tragic for me, should've mulled to 5)
    1-2 Nic Fit Scapeshift
    2-0 UW Miracles
    2-0 ANT

Legacy Challenge
    2-1 Show and Tell
    1-2 Czech Pile
    2-0 USA Delver
    0-2 Show and Tell

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbunny View Post
    If you guys want any information on matchups and how I sideboarded just ask.

2-0 Enchantress
    2-0 Infect (Super lucky)
    0-2 DnT
    2-0 UW Miracles
    2-0 Maverick
    2-1 Mono Red Sneak (Got T1'd G1 and managed to live through him not topdecking anything for 7 turns so I could all is dust)
    1-2 Nic Fit Scapeshift
    2-0 UW Miracles
    2-0 ANT

Congratz !! Yes, definitely share your sideboard tech and detailed report if you can ;)

Overall, you're not particularly lucky. We destroy DnT 6 times out of 10, so this loss is for the win versus Infect round 2 (even though I've found this match up manageable, we just can't beat nut hands).
    How were Sorcerous Spyglasses over Needles ? Did 3x City of Traitors causes you some problems (especially with 24 lands count) ?

Keep up the good job !

PS : why don't we just post in the same topic ? Either here or Big Eldrazi. Lists are quite the same. Isn't that possible to merge those two topics ?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDissent View Post
    Congratz !! Yes, definitely share your sideboard tech and detailed report if you can ;)

Overall, you're not particularly lucky. We destroy DnT 6 times out of 10, so this loss is for the win versus Infect round 2 (even though I've found this match up manageable, we just can't beat nut hands).

Keep up the good job !
    How were Sorcerous Spyglasses over Needles ?
    I thought they were fantastic in the main. Being able to see your opponents hand to check for counter magic is solid, and people don't realize it's a pithing needle usually so you can snag fetches on the battlefield sometimes.

Did 3x City of Traitors causes you some problems (especially with 24 lands count) ?
    Only in the last game against infect and kinda when I was against Czech Pile. He wastelanded my other source of mana so I was left with only a city and an eye of ugin which didn't give me enough mana to power anything out. Against Czech Pile I purposely missed a land drop in the hopes I'd draw something else so I could have the 5 mana to cast the smashers in my hand. Instead, he hymn'd me twice taking out my city.

PS : why don't we just post in the same topic ? Either here or Big Eldrazi. Lists are quite the same. Isn't that possible to merge those two topics ?
    I feel like since we run the 4 smasher and 4 TKS, along with being mono colourless, it is a bit different than the traditional turbo 12 post decks. With that being said I think there is merit to merging these together.

2-0 Enchantress
    IN: 1 All is Dust, 2 Thorn of Amethyst, 3 Endbringer
    OUT: 3 Wurmcoil, 2 Warping Wail, 1 Voltaic Key

2-0 Infect (Super lucky)
    IN: 3 Spatial Contortion, 3 Endbringer, 2 Thorn of Amethyst, 1 Ugin
    OUT: 3 Wurmcoil, 2 Voltaic Key, 2 Thran Dynamo, 1 Kozilek, 2 All is Dust (could have been Ulamogs)

IN: 1 Ugin, 1 All is Dust, 3 Endbringer, 3 Spatial Contortion, 1 Pithing Needle
    OUT: 1 Kozilek, 1 Ulamog, 4 Chalice, 3 Trinisphere (He plays vials)

0-2 DnT
    IN: 3 Endbringer, 1 Ugin, 3 Spatial Contortion, 1 All is Dust, 1 Pithing Needle
    OUT: 4 Chalice, 3 Trinisphere, 2 Thran Dynamo

2-0 UW Miracles
    IN: 3 Endbringer, 2 Thorn of Amethyst, 1 Ugin
    OUT: 2 Warping Wail, 1 All is Dust, 3 Spyglass

2-0 Maverick
    IN: 3 Endbringer, 1 Pithing Needle, 1 All is Dust, 1 Ugin
    OUT: 2 Voltaic Key, 2 Thran Dynamo, 2 Warping Wail

IN: 3 Endbringer, 1 Pithing Needle, 2 Thorn of Amethyst, 1 All is Dust
    OUT: 3 Trinisphere, 1 Kozilek, 2 Warping Wail, 1 Ulamog(?)

IN: 3 Spatial Contortion, 3 Endbringer, 2 Thorn of Amethyst, 1 Ugin
    OUT: 3 Wurmcoil, 2 Voltaic Key, 2 Thran Dynamo, 1 Kozilek, 2 All is Dust (could have been Ulamogs)

1-2 Nic Fit Scapeshift
    IN: 1 All is Dust, 1 Ugin, 2 Thorn of Amethyst,
    OUT: 3 Spyglass, 1 Thran Dynamo

2-0 UW Miracles
    IN: 3 Endbringer, 2 Thorn of Amethyst, 1 Ugin
    OUT: 2 Warping Wail, 1 All is Dust, 3 Spyglass

2-0 ANT (He scooped early G1 so all I knew was that it ran duress)
    IN: 2 Thorn of Amethyst, 3 Endbringer , 1 Ugin
    OUT: 2 Voltaic Key, 2 Thran Dynamo, 2 All is Dust

I'm in favor of merging the threads.

This thread should be all about Eldrazi Ramp decks using the 12post manabase and/or Grim Monoliths, Thran Dynamos and such, whether you're playing more mid-range Eldrazi like Reality Smasher or ramping into Ugin and late-game spells.

But can we PLEASE rename this to remove "Tentacle Smash" from the title? "Tentacle Smash" just sounds absolutely ridiculous, and this deck should more appropriately be named "Eldrazi Ramp" because that name describes the strategy perfectly - it plays Eldrazi but is more focused on ramping into big spells with mana acceleration than the traditional Eldrazi Aggro deck.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    I'm in favor of merging the threads.

This thread should be all about Eldrazi Ramp decks using the 12post manabase and/or Grim Monoliths, Thran Dynamos and such, whether you're playing more mid-range Eldrazi like Reality Smasher or ramping into Ugin and late-game spells.

But can we PLEASE rename this to remove "Tentacle Smash" from the title? "Tentacle Smash" just sounds absolutely ridiculous, and this deck should more appropriately be named "Eldrazi Ramp" because that name describes the strategy perfectly - it plays Eldrazi but is more focused on ramping into big spells with mana acceleration than the traditional Eldrazi Aggro deck.
    OH OH if we're renaming the deck I want in!
    Colorless Stompy
    Elrampi
    The Dumber Eldrazi Deck
    No Color Control
    Post Up
    Under 12 Post
    10 Mana Combo

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    [...] this deck should more appropriately be named "Eldrazi Ramp" [...]
    I’m new here, but I do agree that renaming to something more specific to the deck would help. Eldrazi Ramp makes me think of something that runs or splashes green. I would probably go with Eldrazi Post, but the goober in me wants ELPOSTI!

My local metagame has become more tight/aggressive with lots of Delver, Ant, SnS, DNT, Tribal, Food Chain, Pox etc. Much like the meta is outside of sweden i suppose. Opted not to play 3Spere due to playing more low CmC stuff, wanting to benefit from Eye of Ugin, and cut some high cmc stuff (like Ugin) for a lower-to-the-ground-approach.

About 25-30 players joined in, four rounds as usual.

This is what i sleeved up:

Deck: 60 cards

4 Matter Reshaper
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    3 Conduit of Ruin

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Sorcerous Spyglass
    3 Thran Dynamo
    4 All Is Dust
    3 Karn Liberated

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    3 Glimmerpost
    2 Vesuva

Sideboard:15
    4 Walking Ballista
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    4 Leyline of the Void

------------------------

and a report from what I remember....

Warmup Round: Rector Nic Fit

First turn Tomb-> Chalice@1, Second turn Dynamo, Third turn Karn. He scooped.

He opened with Oath of Nissa. I played Chalice @ 1, 2, and 3 on three consecutive turns. That was enough. No Boarding here.

2-0

-------------------------

Round 1: URW Control/Midrange (Weird anti-delver homebrew)

Not much to say... saw some Meddling Mage, Reflector Mage and a couple of FoW from a resolved Spyglass. Won both rounds easily on the draw as he had a hard time handling the early stream of Reshapers and TKS, Conduit of Ruins into Ulamog + Kozilek ended it twice. Chalices out, Ballistas in.

2-0

-------------------------

Round 2: UB Landstill

This is supposed to be quite even from what I've heard and he thought he was gonna have a hard time. What happened IRL was that he countered/discarded my every spell/card in both games. FoW, Spell Snare, Spell Pierce, IoK, Thoughtseize and cut off my high end with Wasteland. Didn't draw any answers. Devastating losses, ended with Jace+Mishras. Hope it was luck on his side, otherwise this matchup poses a real problem. All is Dust out, Ballistas in.

0-2

--------------------------

Round 3: Food Chain

I opened with spyglass on the draw, he had DRS on field and a hand of Food Chain, 2 FoW, 2 Lands. I name Walking Ballista to stop the potential infinite, he comments "that's reasonable". He draws into manipulate fate, plays Food Chain and soon he drops 9 power on board. I lose in a couple of turns to the flying beatsticks (No sweeper in sight). I suspect he is on Empath –> Emrakul. Spyglass out, Bridges in.

Next game I go turn 1 chalice @1 and manage to resolve some ramp into ulamog, in the meantime he gets to Food chain + Fate for Griffins and Scourge, but no infinite. All is Dust clears the way for Ulamog beats that mill him out, while he chumps with Eternal Scourge.

Third game goes back and forth, with TKS being countered him dropping Strix + Leovold and Food Chain...and me playing Conduit of Ruin for Ulamog and a Chalice @4 to stop him from playing griffins from exile. Ulamog gets Forced, but exiles Leovold and Strix in the process. Eternal Scourge holds the ground until i find All is Dust to wipe the Food Chain. Conduit beats FTW, phew.

2-1

-----------------------------

Round 4: Vial Goblins (+ Chrome Mox)

First game I get a quick start with Chalice @ 1 followed by Eye -> TKS nabbing Blood Moon and next turn 2x Reshapers. He manages to get a Vial out and gets to Lackey + some support. He kills of my Reshapers and TKS with the attack step and a cycled Gempalm Incinerator, triggers net me a Spyglass naming the Wasteland in his hand and a new Reshaper, awesome! I follow up with Conduits into Ulamog + Kozilek for the win. Ballistas in –> Chalices out.

Next game... He starts with land+mox into Instigator, double-connects and goes matron into Kiki-Jiki, then proceeds to find Goblin Settler a turn later. I scoop with 2x Cloudpost in play. For boarding, Chalice goes back in, Karns and a Kozilek to SB, Ballistas stay in.

Third game i keep a hand of 2x Ballista and 2x Reshaper, Turn 2 i drop the Reshapers with Temple+Eye, then ballista @2. He Pyrokinesises my Reshapers, I get a Ballista and a Chalice. I draw a Tomb, play Chalice @1... some more trades happen leaving him with two 1/1:s and once again Conduit of Ruin for Ulamog does it.

2-1

--------------------------------------------

Deck felt really solid all the way through the tournament. Sideboard felt a bit narrow, but was intended for the stuff i feared the most, but didn't face... might want to include some more ways to draw cards like Coercive Portal or similiar. Conduit of Ruin and Matter Reshaper were both awesome this time around.

3–1 was enough for a 7th place and some store credit.... and what matters most, I had a good time:-)
    Last edited by Tucane; 11-11-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Land (24)
    4x Ancient Tomb
    3x City of Traitors
    4x Cloudpost
    4x Eldrazi Temple
    2x Eye of Ugin
    4x Glimmerpost
    2x Vesuva
    1x Wastes
    Instant (2)
    2x Warping Wail
    Artifact (18)
    4x Chalice of the Void
    4x Grim Monolith
    3x Sorcerous Spyglass
    2x Thran Dynamo
    3x Trinisphere
    2x Voltaic Key
    Creature (14)
    4x Reality Smasher
    4x Thought-Knot Seer
    2x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1x Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    3x Wurmcoil Engine
    Sorcery (2)
    2x All Is Dust
    Sideboard (15)
    1x All Is Dust
    2x Endbringer
    1x Ratchet Bomb
    4x Leyline of the Void
    1x Pithing Needle
    3x Spatial Contortion
    2x Thorn of Amethyst
    Went 3-1 today at a playtest legacy event. Overall, list felt good. Lost my final round because I forgot I can double up on chalice on 1s in case they have the removal for it.

R1: ANT 2-0
    R2: Eldrazi Stompy 2-1
    R3: Dragon Stompy 2-1
    R4: Dredge 1:2

Ant was the usual stuff where lock pieces are op. I got him G1 with a TKS because he didn't have a brainstorm to hide his tendrils.

The "mirror" is always interesting because they generally have a much more explosive start whereas we can grind them out. G1 I rushed out a wurmcoil which is basically unanswerable, lost G2 because I punted and he top-decked a smasher to get through a board stall. G3 I managed to turbo out an ulamog to get there.

Dragon Stompy is always rough because we don't have great ways to deal with moon, and likewise play under moon. He got it G1 with a T1 rabblemaster while I did literally nothing for the next few because of a moon. G2 he didn't find a moon and I rolled over him. G3 my T1 ratchet bomb + voltaic key combo removed his moon effect long enough (1 turn lol) for me to resolve a TKS to check for bridge, and eventually set up for a hard casted wurmcoil that took over the game.

Dredge round was lost because I am bad at magic. I got G1 (barely) because he mulled to 3. Lost G2 and 3 because I couldn't find any real hate. Honestly I'm never sure about leyline just because I can never find it in my opening hand and it's literally uncastable when I draw them. I honestly think 4 tormod's crypt (because surgical/relic/graftdigger's cage gets hit by chalice on 1) is better sometimes. At the same time, I realize that it'll work out more often than not and I'm just being salty.

Overall, mainboard wurmcoils are fantastic and I endorse them 100%. I need to start testing out a ballista or two in the main as well, most likely cutting out an ulamog. Ratchet bomb saw work today and I think it's 100% worth a slot; maybe even cutting out the 3rd all is dust for a second one. Finally, basic waste wasn't doing much for me today. While I didn't play against any GQ/Nic Fit today, I don't think it's worth the slot. If we're looking for something that's conditionally good, I think cavern of souls is much better. Also considering testing out coersive portal over voltaic keys as a way to generate value.

Edit: Also when can we either merge with the other eldrazi ramp thread or get a rename

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbunny View Post
    Went 3-1 today at a playtest legacy event. Overall, list felt good. Lost my final round because I forgot I can double up on chalice on 1s in case they have the removal for it.

R1: ANT 2-0
    R2: Eldrazi Stompy 2-1
    R3: Dragon Stompy 2-1
    R4: Dredge 1:2

Ant was the usual stuff where lock pieces are op. I got him G1 with a TKS because he didn't have a brainstorm to hide his tendrils.

The "mirror" is always interesting because they generally have a much more explosive start whereas we can grind them out. G1 I rushed out a wurmcoil which is basically unanswerable, lost G2 because I punted and he top-decked a smasher to get through a board stall. G3 I managed to turbo out an ulamog to get there.

Dragon Stompy is always rough because we don't have great ways to deal with moon, and likewise play under moon. He got it G1 with a T1 rabblemaster while I did literally nothing for the next few because of a moon. G2 he didn't find a moon and I rolled over him. G3 my T1 ratchet bomb + voltaic key combo removed his moon effect long enough (1 turn lol) for me to resolve a TKS to check for bridge, and eventually set up for a hard casted wurmcoil that took over the game.

Dredge round was lost because I am bad at magic. I got G1 (barely) because he mulled to 3. Lost G2 and 3 because I couldn't find any real hate. Honestly I'm never sure about leyline just because I can never find it in my opening hand and it's literally uncastable when I draw them. I honestly think 4 tormod's crypt (because surgical/relic/graftdigger's cage gets hit by chalice on 1) is better sometimes. At the same time, I realize that it'll work out more often than not and I'm just being salty.

Overall, mainboard wurmcoils are fantastic and I endorse them 100%. I need to start testing out a ballista or two in the main as well, most likely cutting out an ulamog. Ratchet bomb saw work today and I think it's 100% worth a slot; maybe even cutting out the 3rd all is dust for a second one. Finally, basic waste wasn't doing much for me today. While I didn't play against any GQ/Nic Fit today, I don't think it's worth the slot. If we're looking for something that's conditionally good, I think cavern of souls is much better. Also considering testing out coersive portal over voltaic keys as a way to generate value.

Edit: Also when can we either merge with the other eldrazi ramp thread or get a rename
    Nice !
    I've switched some Smashers for Sowers for little tests and they do a pretty good job lately.

How was the Spyglasses maindeck ? I still let them in the sideboard but I may be wrong.

Vs Dredge, if you play Leyline, mull into Leyline or oblivion, but do not start without it. It's just game if we find it. If not and we keep a good 7, the match up is still really hard.
    Vs Turbo Moon, I feel we're in good shape. We have rocks for Moon, we have Warping Wail for Confluence, Spyglass for Chandra (only target), All is Dust to reset their board (I think you should consider playing more of them), we can cast midrange dudes under a Moon (Wurmcoil, Sower). So don't fear it as Eldrazi Stompy should.
    Vs Eldrazi Stompy, this one is really nice as we're far from favoured here. They're usually too fast and they hold Dismember for TKS/Smasher. Turn 2 TKS delay our bombs a lot.

Thx for the report and yeah, maybe one day we'll merge those topics :)

Great finish!

I have been away from magic for a few months but took this opportunity to revise the OP. I also changed the deck's name to Eldrazi Ramp if a mod would be kind enough to modify the title for me.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Great finish!

I have been away from magic for a few months but took this opportunity to revise the OP. I also changed the deck's name to Eldrazi Ramp if a mod would be kind enough to modify the title for me.

Thank you.
    Captain write you list play in this moment thanks

Thread Information