Page 22 of 124 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: [Primer] Eldrazi Stompy

Re: [DTB] Eldrazi Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by DavidHernandez View Post
    I've read the entire 22 page thread but don't see good answers for Back To Basics. Do wee just race the three mana they need?
    The same strategy as Blood Moon, except lands still produce 2 mana, and Eye of Ugin still works

Hello!!

Long time lurker, I have two questions for y'all :

- What's so fantastic about the interaction Matter + Displacer ?
    - Why do you think that LoTV is better than RiP overall?? Because RiP can be decayed?

Cheers !

Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Kid View Post
    Hello!!

Long time lurker, I have two questions for y'all :

- What's so fantastic about the interaction Matter + Displacer ?
    - Why do you think that LoTV is better than RiP overall?? Because RiP can be decayed?

Cheers !

Kid
    - In general, Matter Reshaper is just a nice card that gives value as a 3 drop, which is something this deck really wants to play on curve. There's no real good 3 drops apart from Reshaper for Eldrazi. The Displacer interaction just happens to be a nice bonus because if you have a lucky top deck, you can play the Displacer off of the Reshaper trigger. It's minor but it does come up from time to time.

- I personally like LotV because it doesn't constrain my mana as much (as well as not being a target for AD). I found RiP would require me to have more white sources, which was not ideal if I wanted to run a more aggressive shell with Factories. If you run RiP, you basically need to run 4x Caves as well to have any hope of casting it. I much prefer the colorless shell with the Displacer splash, rather than full on mono - white version of the deck. This is why this deck is not running Containment Priests either, despite it being a very good card with Displacer.

Quote Originally Posted by RhoxWarMonk View Post
    - In general, Matter Reshaper is just a nice card that gives value as a 3 drop, which is something this deck really wants to play on curve. There's no real good 3 drops apart from Reshaper for Eldrazi. The Displacer interaction just happens to be a nice bonus because if you have a lucky top deck, you can play the Displacer off of the Reshaper trigger. It's minor but it does come up from time to time.

- I personally like LotV because it doesn't constrain my mana as much (as well as not being a target for AD). I found RiP would require me to have more white sources, which was not ideal if I wanted to run a more aggressive shell with Factories. If you run RiP, you basically need to run 4x Caves as well to have any hope of casting it. I much prefer the colorless shell with the Displacer splash, rather than full on mono - white version of the deck. This is why this deck is not running Containment Priests either, despite it being a very good card with Displacer.
    Oh I see.
    About the displacer/matter interaction I thought there was more to it than just the Matter's trigger. But, ok, my bad... :')

That's what I thought as well about RiP & CP.

Cheers for your inputs mate!

Kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid View Post
    Oh I see.
    About the displacer/matter interaction I thought there was more to it than just the Matter's trigger. But, ok, my bad... :')

That's what I thought as well about RiP & CP.

Cheers for your inputs mate!

Kid.
    There's a deeper answer, which is that they both cover the other's weaknesses on a strategic level. Matter Reshaper is really good at drilling through the ground. Things like Baleful Strix, random Shardless Agents, Elemental Tokens, random crappy Merfolk, etc. get grinded away at a good rate. In these situations, Displacer is of limited utility due to things like Strix's ETB trigger or because you just don't have enough mana to falter enough creatures to make the combat math favorable for you. On the other hand, Displacer is really good at messing around with things like equipment, big fatties, etc. In those situations, Matter Reshaper does little because of how those decks are constructed. For instance, basically every Stoneforge Mystic deck has Swords to Plowshares in it, Reanimator doesn't care if you flash in another Eldrazi Mimic or whatever off of Reshaper, etc.

Having access to both gives you at least the potential to cast a relevant thing on curve in most matchups.

I didn't see this anywhere in the 22 pages, so ...

What about the use of Riftstone Portals along with Mox Diamonds? If you pitch the Riftstone for the Diamond, all of your lands can tap for Green or White. I know a lot of you play White splash, and this would also get around Blood Moon by giving us a way to cast Disenchant or Krosan Grip. It would also turn our Eye of Ugin into a mana generator while still providing -2 for Eldrazi spells. That's 4 mana on turn one (Mox Diamond, -2 for Eye, tap eye for G/W).

I would splash white if this is viable.

Thoughts?

Dave
    I will Find a way...or make one.
    Check out my wife! http://DanceKitten.com
    Card Carrying Member: Team Mind Trick
    Best.Fortune.Cookie.Evar: \"Among the lucky, you are the chosen one.\"
    Noloam said, "i lost an unloseable game against miracles, where i accidentally tapped my tomb for lethal.."

Getting the Portal into the yard seems rough if you only play Diamond to get it there. It's a cool idea, but I'm having a hard time finding another way to get It to the yard.

The interaction between reshaper and displacer won me my match against shardless bug tonight. i played a reshaper into deed and hit a displacer..it was great!. went 3-1 for second place. there was only 15 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Getting the Portal into the yard seems rough if you only play Diamond to get it there. It's a cool idea, but I'm having a hard time finding another way to get It to the yard.
    Hey man! Good to hear from you! I'm thinking I could waste my own land if necessary. I'll test it. And I'll stop posting fringe stuff until I have results. I don't want to mess up this excellent thread.

Dave
    Noloam said, "i lost an unloseable game against miracles, where i accidentally tapped my tomb for lethal.."

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by DavidHernandez View Post
    Hey man! Good to hear from you! I'm thinking I could waste my own land if necessary. I'll test it. And I'll stop posting fringe stuff until I have results. I don't want to mess up this excellent thread.

Dave
    I love the fringe ideas . That said, what about Anvil of Bogardan? Let's you loot and might help with smoothing out bad draws. I think if I would make a test list, it would be Barook's White splash with reshapers and Worldbreaker SB, and then I would replace lotus petals with Mox, the W/G pain lands with Portal and somehow make room for 1-2 Anvils and run that for a bit. Who knows?

Edit:

Tested the following Portal list for fun:

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Riftstone Portal
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Eye of Ugin
    2 Karakas
    2 City of Traitors

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Mox Diamond
    2 Umezawa's Jitte
    2 Dismember
    2 Anvil of Bogardan
    1 Warping Wail

4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Eldrazi Displacer
    3 Endless One
    2 Matter Reshaper

To preface - this list was developed solely to test Riftstone Portal. It makes certain deck design choices that I think are objectively inferior such as dropping all Mishra's factories and running a full set of Eyes.

Results: You think that with only a 2.5% chance of getting a first turn TKS that it wouldn't happen in my test run. You would be wrong. And it felt AMAZING. Additionally, in a game 2 I was able to get a turn 2 Worldbreaker. (Mox, Eye, riftstone in yard and city of traitors). Note: chance for 6 mana turn 2 will be around 12.5%!, I think. (Eye, Any other two mana land, Mox, and Riftstone hand). More importantly, it seems that your chance for 5 mana turn 2 is significantly higher, especially if you also run Urborg. (any 2 2-mana lands Plus mox/ Eye + Mox + Riftstone (and any other land) OR Urborg - I have the chance of those scenarios being around an estimated %70! This means that Turn 1 Chalice/ Turn 2 Reality Smasher should happen around %14, and Turn 1 Chalice/ Turn 2 TKS should be around %20. Either of them happening should be around %34.) That is certainly interesting at the very least. While awkward, I was able to get white mana through riftstone, karakas, and caverns for the Displacer pretty much always. Anvil wasn't that great. While it helps you smooth your drawing, I think it was a waste (outside acting as discard outlet for Riftstone), since Eldrazi's strength is that we're better at topdecking, and we should be laying threats not draw smoothers.
    Last edited by Cire; 04-14-2016 at 02:19 PM.

Faerie Godfather

Jul 2005
    Finland

Anvil feels ill at home in a deck that makes so little use of its graveyard. There are opponents who benefit a lot more: you give reanimator strategies an easy, free discard outlet while simultaneously letting any Deathrite decks fuel their Deathrites and Tarmogoyfs with impunity, not to even mention what you do to Dredge. And you pay a card for the whole shebang (since Anvil never replaces itself), while simultaneously paying 2 mana to not apply pressure or place lock pieces. The synergy of Riftstone Portal with Eye of Ugin is obviously nice and being able to deal with Moon/B2B/etc. more reliably is convenient but aside from those considerations, you don't actually need multiple W or G for anything so one land tapping for the type is as good as another. Of course, Riftstone does give you some resilience against Wasteland effects in this regard which is nice - but again, unless you have reliable means of getting it into the grave, it's just a nonbasic Wastes.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

People keep asking me for a SB guide for my build. Note that sideboarding is not by forte and I could be entirely wrong, so take this suggestions with a grain of salt.

Edit: Updated: 04.06.2016

Miracles:
    +3 All is Dust
    +2 World Breaker
    +1 Warping Wail

-3 Matter Reshaper
    -2 Umezawa's Jitte
    -1 (could be Dismember vs builds that aren't Mentor or Legendary, otherwise cut into Mimics or -1 City)

Mimics encourage overextending, so you don't want a full playset after boarding. Keeping some to keep up early aggression is okay. Displacer is good in this match, therefore run 4. Against Mentor builds, I bring in the 3rd Dismember. Undecided about Thorn.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mirror:
    +2 Word Breaker
    +1 Dismember
    +2 Spatial Contortion

-4 Chalice of the Void
    -1 Warping Wail

Pretty much straight-forward. For those who like it can cut another card for the 3rd Warping Wail.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shardless BUG:
    +3 All is Dust
    +1 Warping Wail
    +1 Dismember
    +2 Spatial Contortion

-2 Jitte
    -2 Displacer
    -4 Chalice of the Void

You want All is Dust (MVP) and additional removal. You want to overrun them before they can build up a meaningful defense, thus Leyline might slow them down enough. Leyline is nice and all, but doesn't justify dead draws and overboarding.

Grixis 4C Delver:
    +2 Spatial Contortion
    +2 Thorn

-2 Dismember
    -2 Warping Wail

Turns out that overrunning them is still the best plan, despite Young Pyromancer tokens. Dismember hurts you too much to keep it around. Displacer and Jitte are your main ways to clear the way post-board.

Storm:
    +4 Leyline of the Void
    +2 Thorn of Amethyst
    +1 Warping Wail

-2 Jitte
    -2 Dismember
    -3 Displacer

This one is easy to board. LotV is good since most of their kills rely on GY shenanigans.

BUG Delver
    +1 Warping Wail
    +2 Spatial Contortion

-3 something (undecided)

Again, just like in the Grixis match-up, overrunning them works best. Not to sure what to cut. If they rely heavily on the GY, bring in Leyline.

Esper Deathblade:
    +3 All is Dust
    +2 World Breaker

-2 Warping Wail
    -2 Dismember
    -1 Matter Reshasper

All is Dust & World Breaker are clear in this match-up. Displacer is also good since it makes their equipment worse. Your removal doesn't have good targets (especially TNN is annoying), so it comes out.

Death and Taxes:
    +3 All is Dust
    +2 World Breaker
    +1 Warping Wail
    +2 Spatial Contortion

-4 Endless One
    -3 Matter Reshaper
    -1 Mimic

More removal (creature + Breaker for annoying permanents) and sweepers. Yes, those cards are expensive, but then again, they can't mana deny you every game. It's a trade-off. Displacer wrecks them if it can stick.

Burn:
    +2 Thorn
    +2 Spatial Contortion

-2 Dismember
    -2 Displacer

Not much to say here. Potentially World Breaker in for Ensnaring Bridge, although you should never go over 3 lands due to Price of Progress.

Sneak & Show:
    +1 Warping Wail
    +2 Thorn
    +2 World Breaker

-2 Dismember
    -2 Jitte
    -1 Matter Reshaper

Useless cards out, anti-fatty cards + disruption in. Be aware that new lists run Mentor SB, so All is Dust might become necessary to bring in (which also helps against their Blood Moons).

Reanimator:
    +1 Dismember
    +1 Warping Wail
    +4 Leyline of the Void

-2 Jitte
    -3 Matter Reshaper
    -1 Mimic

Could also be keeping Mimic with no Wails brought in. You need fatty disruption & GY hate. Dismember is for problematic creature like Tidesprout Tyrant or Ashen Rider.

Lands
    +4 Leyline of the Void
    +2 World Breaker

-2 Jitte
    -2 Dismember
    -2 Matter Reshaper

You need ways to kill of Marit Lage (Displacer is MVP here) and annoying lands, hence World Breaker.

Dredge:
    +4 Leyline of the Void
    +2 Thorn
    +1 Warping Wail

-2 Mimic
    -2 Dismember
    -3 Matter Reshaper

You need GY hate and more disruption. Mimics run into a wall of chumpblockers and Dismember is useless.

Infect:
    +1 Warping Wail
    +1 Dismember
    +2 Spatial Contortion

-3 Matter Reshaper
    -1 Mimic

Displacer and Jitte are you MVPs here. Especially Displacer can win the game on its own. More removal and spell disruption are also good. One could bring in Thorn, but I have trouble finding more cards to board out as you need enough creatures to race them.

Elves:
    +1 Dismember
    +1 Warping Wail
    +2 Spatial Contortion
    +3 All is Dust

-4 Mimic
    -3 Matter Reshaper

More removal for their creatures. All is Dust to sweep the board if the games goes longer.

Those are probably the most common match-ups.

General rules of thumb for boarding:

Do they have lots of blockers/sweepers? Mimic out
    Does Matter Reshaper not matter and you need space? Matter Reshaper out
    They don't run creatures or good targets? Jitte/Dismember/Warping Wail out
    Displacer being not good while Reshaper is okay? Displacer out
    Karakas is brought in? 1 City out

Are they midrange/control or do they run Blood Moon? All is Dust in
    Do they run annoying noncreature permanents? World Breaker in
    Do they rely on the GY? Leyline in
    Are they running fatties, tokens or equipment? Karakas + Displacer in
    Have they many creatures? Dismember (and Wail) in
    Combo with Sorceries? Wail in
    Do they heavily on noncreature spells? Thorn in
    Last edited by Barook; 06-04-2016 at 04:40 PM.

Great guide Barook, thanks for posting.

I did a bit of testing with a friend with your build last night, results were very good. Shardless is actually a good matchup now with Displacer, my good God man, that card is such a beating!! We had some very close games, one where I was at 2 life from my own Ancient Tombs as I was flickering Tarm x2 for the entire game and eventually won on the back of a Displacer with Reshaper backup. You just can't stop the Displacer once you have the mana.

A few notes:
    My deck is slightly different in that Im running -2 Brushlands / +1 CoT, +1 Tendo Ice Bridge. I actually find I still have zero issues producing white mana and I'm considering changing the Ice Bridge to be an Urborg or the 4th Mishra's Factory. Unsure yet...

CotV is borderline useless against Shardless but if you are going to cast it game 1, play it for 0. At least you'll stop the visions from going off and cascading into Visions is even more awful for us. They have so few 1 drops, playing Chalice @1 like we do against most decks won't really do anything outside shutting down their brainstorms. Chalice @2 is far better, if you can stabilize that long.

Loved the creature base you were running, wouldn't change a thing there. The Reshapes do some serious work, at one point I had Reshaper in play, killed, flipped over another Reshaper... killed, flipped over a Displacer That's fun times lol!

Overall, I LOVED this version of the deck and it will be what I play going forward, at least until I see something that can be considered comparable and put up the same kind of results. My SB is very different (I'm running the Helm combo) which I haven't really tested it yet but I plan to do some more between now and the end of this month. There's a few big local legacy events coming up, so we'll see how it fares then. Overall though, it's been so far so good!

Mar 2007

Great guide Barook, thanks for posting.

I did a bit of testing with a friend with your build last night, results were very good. Shardless is actually a good matchup now with Displacer, my good God man, that card is such a beating!! We had some very close games, one where I was at 2 life from my own Ancient Tombs as I was flickering Tarm x2 for the entire game and eventually won on the back of a Displacer with Reshaper backup. You just can't stop the Displacer once you have the mana.

A few notes:
    My deck is slightly different in that Im running -2 Brushlands / +1 CoT, +1 Tendo Ice Bridge. I actually find I still have zero issues producing white mana and I'm considering changing the Ice Bridge to be an Urborg or the 4th Mishra's Factory. Unsure yet...

CotV is borderline useless against Shardless but if you are going to cast it game 1, play it for 0. At least you'll stop the visions from going off and cascading into Visions is even more awful for us. They have so few 1 drops, playing Chalice @1 like we do against most decks won't really do anything outside shutting down their brainstorms. Chalice @2 is far better, if you can stabilize that long.

Loved the creature base you were running, wouldn't change a thing there. The Reshapes do some serious work, at one point I had Reshaper in play, killed, flipped over another Reshaper... killed, flipped over a Displacer That's fun times lol!

Overall, I LOVED this version of the deck and it will be what I play going forward, at least until I see something that can be considered comparable and put up the same kind of results. My SB is very different (I'm running the Helm combo) which I haven't really tested it yet but I plan to do some more between now and the end of this month. There's a few big local legacy events coming up, so we'll see how it fares then. Overall though, it's been so far so good!
    I wouldn't call Shardless a good match-up yet. This version might have more game against Shardless compared to other lists, but that requires more testing. Lejay's version ran neither Strix nor Hymn, both highly problematic cards.

Personally, I found Matter Reshaper and Factories more important vs Shardless. If Displacer alone had been enough, then my old GW version wouldn't have been destroyed so horribly.

As for the mana, I'm better safe than sorry.

For the SB, make definitely sure you run 3x All is Dust. Trust me, you're gonna need it. It was probably the biggest game changer in certain matches, only outshined by Displayer's ridiculousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I wouldn't call Shardless a good match-up yet. This version might have more game against Shardless compared to other lists, but that requires more testing. Lejay's version ran neither Strix nor Hymn, both highly problematic cards.

Personally, I found Matter Reshaper and Factories more important vs Shardless. If Displacer alone had been enough, then my old GW version wouldn't have been destroyed so horribly.

As for the mana, I'm better safe than sorry.

For the SB, make definitely sure you run 3x All is Dust. Trust me, you're gonna need it. It was probably the biggest game changer in certain matches, only outshined by Displayer's ridiculousness.
    The list we tested last night ran both hymn and strix, and I agree both are problems. I hate strix with a passion, such a bad card to play around but I wouldn't even hesitate to Dismember it if need be. You can flicker tarms with ease but flickering strix or agents is really bad ... I shouldn't have implied it was a positive matchup, I meant to say it's simply much better than the colorless version. Agreed about the reshapers and factories as well.

I'm currently only using 2 all is dust.... do you find the 3rd to be necessary? I have a few less sb slots due to the helms but I'm sure I can squeeze one more in. What about Pithing Needle ? I noticed you aren't running any but they seem really good against planes walkers and wastelands.

As for the final land slot, are you still happy with no urborg ? Been debating testing it now that I know I have enough white sources, just as a 1 of.

Mar 2007

The list we tested last night ran both hymn and strix, and I agree both are problems. I hate strix with a passion, such a bad card to play around but I wouldn't even hesitate to Dismember it if need be. You can flicker tarms with ease but flickering strix or agents is really bad ... I shouldn't have implied it was a positive matchup, I meant to say it's simply much better than the colorless version. Agreed about the reshapers and factories as well.

I'm currently only using 2 all is dust.... do you find the 3rd to be necessary? I have a few less sb slots due to the helms but I'm sure I can squeeze one more in. What about Pithing Needle ? I noticed you aren't running any but they seem really good against planes walkers and wastelands.

As for the final land slot, are you still happy with no urborg ? Been debating testing it now that I know I have enough white sources, just as a 1 of.
    Flickering Agent is only bad because it's a low value target. Strix is a bitch because its trigger is ETB, unlike Agent which is on-cast.

Yes, 3 All is Dust is necessary imho. It's pretty much game-winning every time it resolves. Needle is okay, but I don't have space for that. Plus, it clashes with CotV @1.

Yes, I'm still happy of Urborg. My opinion since the analysis that led to the current list hasn't changed. No pain and mana from Urborg are kinda nifty, but helping out the opponent with their mana is quite the drawback. Casting Leyline of a Urborg seems to fringe to me to even matter, as the important cards probably have hit the bin at that point already.

As it stands, I'm happy with my current 75 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Flickering Agent is only bad because it's a low value target. Strix is a bitch because its trigger is ETB, unlike Agent which is on-cast.
    Well, I feel like an idiot I didn't realize Agent's trigger wasn't ETB, so I was purposely avoiding flickering agents because of it. I guess I should read the cards better, same with Strix (I never wanted to flicker it either) but that one does at least draw them cards, so it was wise not to in this case.

Yes, 3 All is Dust is necessary imho. It's pretty much game-winning every time it resolves. Needle is okay, but I don't have space for that. Plus, it clashes with CotV @1.
    Thanks for the advice - I will cut a needle for a 3rd All is Dust. I kinda thought AiD would be much too slow to run as a 3x but you have more experience than I do, so I'm happy to test it out.

Yes, I'm still happy of Urborg. My opinion since the analysis that led to the current list hasn't changed. No pain and mana from Urborg are kinda nifty, but helping out the opponent with their mana is quite the drawback. Casting Leyline of a Urborg seems to fringe to me to even matter, as the important cards probably have hit the bin at that point already.

As it stands, I'm happy with my current 75 for now.
    A few times I missed the Urborg, especially when I had multiple Ancient Tombs in play and really didn't want to take more damage off them, so I may re-test it in place of the Ice Bridge. Otherwise, I agree, there doesn't need to be too much changed in terms of card selection from your original list. Great job Barook!

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Anvil feels ill at home in a deck that makes so little use of its graveyard. There are opponents who benefit a lot more: you give reanimator strategies an easy, free discard outlet while simultaneously letting any Deathrite decks fuel their Deathrites and Tarmogoyfs with impunity, not to even mention what you do to Dredge. And you pay a card for the whole shebang (since Anvil never replaces itself), while simultaneously paying 2 mana to not apply pressure or place lock pieces. The synergy of Riftstone Portal with Eye of Ugin is obviously nice and being able to deal with Moon/B2B/etc. more reliably is convenient but aside from those considerations, you don't actually need multiple W or G for anything so one land tapping for the type is as good as another. Of course, Riftstone does give you some resilience against Wasteland effects in this regard which is nice - but again, unless you have reliable means of getting it into the grave, it's just a nonbasic Wastes.
    Yeah - I think I recognize that anvil was a waste. I was just expirementing with riftstone. Without some other discard outlet outside Mox diamond, I doubt it is worth expermenting with further.

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    I love the fringe ideas . That said, what about Anvil of Bogardan? Let's you loot and might help with smoothing out bad draws. I think if I would make a test list, it would be Barook's White splash with reshapers and Worldbreaker SB, and then I would replace lotus petals with Mox, the W/G pain lands with Portal and somehow make room for 1-2 Anvils and run that for a bit. Who knows?

Edit:

Tested the following Portal list for fun:

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Riftstone Portal
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Eye of Ugin
    2 Karakas
    2 City of Traitors

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Mox Diamond
    2 Umezawa's Jitte
    2 Dismember
    2 Anvil of Bogardan
    1 Warping Wail

4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Eldrazi Displacer
    3 Endless One
    2 Matter Reshaper

To preface - this list was developed solely to test Riftstone Portal. It makes certain deck design choices that I think are objectively inferior such as dropping all Mishra's factories and running a full set of Eyes.

Results: You think that with only a 2.5% chance of getting a first turn TKS that it wouldn't happen in my test run. You would be wrong. And it felt AMAZING. Additionally, in a game 2 I was able to get a turn 2 Worldbreaker. (Mox, Eye, riftstone in yard and city of traitors). Note: chance for 6 mana turn 2 will be around 12.5%!, I think. (Eye, Any other two mana land, Mox, and Riftstone hand). More importantly, it seems that your chance for 5 mana turn 2 is significantly higher, especially if you also run Urborg. (any 2 2-mana lands Plus mox/ Eye + Mox + Riftstone (and any other land) OR Urborg - I have the chance of those scenarios being around an estimated %70! This means that Turn 1 Chalice/ Turn 2 Reality Smasher should happen around %14, and Turn 1 Chalice/ Turn 2 TKS should be around %20. Either of them happening should be around %34.) That is certainly interesting at the very least. While awkward, I was able to get white mana through riftstone, karakas, and caverns for the Displacer pretty much always. Anvil wasn't that great. While it helps you smooth your drawing, I think it was a waste (outside acting as discard outlet for Riftstone), since Eldrazi's strength is that we're better at topdecking, and we should be laying threats not draw smoothers.
    Wow, that's pretty awesome. I added a third Diamond and I needed a fourth. I did well until I ran into a lands deck. He got turn two Marit Lage... LOL. I think Urborg is necessary with Leyline Void in the board, and I didn't think it through and removed my Urborg...

@barook, thanks for the boarding advice!!!

Oh, and I removed Boseiju. It's too slow.

Dave

Mar 2007

Take that SB advice as a grain of salt, though.

Entered another league, faced Shardless.

G1 I play T1 Chalice, he doesn't do anything expect play a Flooded Strand a Tropical before conceding. I don't know what to put him on.
    G2 I get T2 Lili'ed, then hymned, then beaten down by a 6/7 Goyf.
    G3 Factories do some work. This game also shows yet again why All is Dust is awesome and 3 copies should be a SB staple (he had AD + unknown card in hand). His freshly drawn DRS is no match for the combined forces of TKS + topdecked Reality Smasher.

I think I'll bring in Leyline more often in against Shardless in the future. Keeping their Goyfs small and DRS semi-useless should outweight the potential dead cards drawn later. Overall, this is the list I feel the most comfortable with against Shardless yet.

19-2 and still going strong. 1880 ELO rating - let's see if I can push the 1900. I can't really finish the league before Monday as I'll need to wait for the change towards SoI boosters, though.
    Last edited by Barook; 04-16-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Thread Information