Page 123 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124 LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2465

Thread: [Primer] Eldrazi Stompy

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: [DTB] Eldrazi Stompy

That manabase looks like garbage. There is zero reason to run 4x Shivan Reef over a 4th copy of Cavern of Souls and filling up the rest of the slots with Unclaimed Territory.

My current list is above, we have a montly legacy with about 50 players. with rare exception I can stay into the top8.
    Last 5 or 6 champs doing 5-1-1 or 6-1 (even a single 7-0 for the win)

doubts about the MD...

how many blast zones?
    use or not basic waste?

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Wasteland
    3 City of traitors
    3 Eye of Ugin
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1 Blast Zone

2 Dismember

4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Endless one
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Matter Reshaper
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    3 Simian Spirit Guide
    2 Lodestone Golem
    2 Walking Ballista
    1 Endbringer
    1 Phyrexian Metamorph

4 Chalice of the Void
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

SB

4 Leyline of the Void
    3 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Ratchet bomb
    1 Karakas
    1 All is Dust
    1 Warping Wail
    1 Karn, Scion of Urza
    Eldrazi aggro player
    Working in MonoR welder/engineer painter deck
    In love with CoTV and Legacy for so many years

Would anyone critique my list? I will be facing an unknown, really popular meta at Face in Montreal. I could face anything from Nic Fit, Maverick, Infect, Lands, Miracles, Elves, Death And Taxes, Omnishow... I've never seen any other Eldrazi players or Moon Stompy. But it's a really busy place with lots of players so I really need to be ready for anything I think.

4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Matter Reshaper
    4 Endless One
    4 Thought-knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    2 Endbringer
    3 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Ulamog, The Ceaseless Hunger

1 Dismember
    2 Tangle Wire
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    4 Chalice of the Void

4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City Of Traitors
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    1 Mishra's Factory
    1 Urborg, Tomb Of Yawgmoth
    1 Karakas
    4 Wasteland
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 Wastes

Sideboard,

2 Tumble Magnet
    4 Leyline Of The Void
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    4 Thorn Of Amethyst
    1 All Is Dust
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass

Reasons,

* I don't like All Is Dust main deck. I think it's too slow against decks I want it for like Death And Taxes and Elves. I like that it can kill True Name. So it's a nice sideboard slot for me. What else is this card good for?

* I'm not sure I know the use of Tumble Magnet but it seems good against Show And Tell and Lands. Eldrazi is a fast deck so 3 counters can be a lot.

* Dismember and Jitte are one ofs. I had two slots in the deck that could have been Thorn Of Amethyst, Warping Wail, Walking Ballista, All Is Dust, Grim Monolith... I saw Tangle Wire in the primer and want to try it because I don't like those cards at least not in the main deck. I'm happy with 1 Jitte because I don't think the deck leans on it that much. I like Dismember to kill Gurmag and Delvers and stuff. But in my experience this deck doesn't need much removal either. I like Tangle Wire to slow my opponent down a bit while I proceed to smash.

* I really wanted to play 2 Wastes, against Back to Basics.. and I expect some people to play Assassin's Trophy. I also really love Mishra's Factory (I have black bordered Renaissance too). I really like the idea of playing 26 lands to cast the Ulamog and to slot in at least Factory.

* Ulamog. I'm not sure how good this is. Although it is castable off of 5 Sol lands and I can tutor it. Seems ok as a 1 of.

* I messed around with Blast Zone but I think it is too slow

* Oblivion Sower. This seems really relevant against Gurmag. And it can help cast Ulamog. Though I often lift up a bunch of fetchlands with it. This is another card I am really not sure about

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Troll_ov_Grimness View Post
    Would anyone critique my list? I will be facing an unknown, really popular meta at Face in Montreal. I could face anything from Nic Fit, Maverick, Infect, Lands, Miracles, Elves, Death And Taxes, Omnishow... I've never seen any other Eldrazi players or Moon Stompy. But it's a really busy place with lots of players so I really need to be ready for anything I think.
    Sure, I'll critique.

* All Is Dust can get rid of Solitary Confinement and Blood Moon. Moat, too, although Endbringer and getting up to seven mana to tutor up Ulamog can solve that. You could replace this with a Ratchet Bomb, which is better against Empty the Warrens and Back to Basics.

* Tangle Wire is interesting. I remember testing it a few years ago and deciding it was too slow, but if you have the slots, may as well give it whirl and see if it was worth it. If I were running this list, I'd probably replace it with two Sorcerous Spyglass because that card often impresses me. The fact it gives you information before you name is fantastic, and it's rarely a dead card. I most often name Wasteland. I'd also be tempted to play another copy of Endbringer and a one-of Walking Ballista.

* I've never been impressed with Mishra's Factory in this deck. Love the card, just not in this deck. I'd play either another Karakas, another Urborg, or another Wastes instead.

* Two Wastes aren't going to save you vs. Back to Basics, although they're good vs. Assassin's Trophy, Ghost Quarter, and Nic Fit. Sometimes Death & Taxes boards in Path to Exile to supplement Swords to Plowshares. Against Back to Basics, the plan is to simply play a Turn 2 Thought-Knot and snag it out their hand or get creatures on the board so you have a chance to win through it.

* Play Ulamog. It gives you inevitability at the cost of a single slot. Since this is traditional Stompy, I think one is enough.

* I agree on Blast Zone. The card is very good, but I don't think it belongs in this deck.

* Oblivion Sower is pretty bad unless you're willing to build around it. It usually hits fetchlands, so if you're running Sowers, you should play more copies of Urborg. It is nice with Leyline postboard, and it's good against Death & Taxes because they don't run fetchlands. If you're thinking you'll run into more Gurmags, then a second copy of Dismember might be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    Sure, I'll critique.

* All Is Dust can get rid of Solitary Confinement and Blood Moon. Moat, too, although Endbringer and getting up to seven mana to tutor up Ulamog can solve that. You could replace this with a Ratchet Bomb, which is better against Empty the Warrens and Back to Basics.

* Tangle Wire is interesting. I remember testing it a few years ago and deciding it was too slow, but if you have the slots, may as well give it whirl and see if it was worth it. If I were running this list, I'd probably replace it with two Sorcerous Spyglass because that card often impresses me. The fact it gives you information before you name is fantastic, and it's rarely a dead card. I most often name Wasteland. I'd also be tempted to play another copy of Endbringer and a one-of Walking Ballista.

* I've never been impressed with Mishra's Factory in this deck. Love the card, just not in this deck. I'd play either another Karakas, another Urborg, or another Wastes instead.

* Two Wastes aren't going to save you vs. Back to Basics, although they're good vs. Assassin's Trophy, Ghost Quarter, and Nic Fit. Sometimes Death & Taxes boards in Path to Exile to supplement Swords to Plowshares. Against Back to Basics, the plan is to simply play a Turn 2 Thought-Knot and snag it out their hand or get creatures on the board so you have a chance to win through it.

* Play Ulamog. It gives you inevitability at the cost of a single slot. Since this is traditional Stompy, I think one is enough.

* I agree on Blast Zone. The card is very good, but I don't think it belongs in this deck.

* Oblivion Sower is pretty bad unless you're willing to build around it. It usually hits fetchlands, so if you're running Sowers, you should play more copies of Urborg. It is nice with Leyline postboard, and it's good against Death & Taxes because they don't run fetchlands. If you're thinking you'll run into more Gurmags, then a second copy of Dismember might be worth it.

I guess I'll move my two Sorcerous Spyglass to the main deck. What else could I put in my sideboard to replace it?

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

I guess I'll move my two Sorcerous Spyglass to the main deck. What else could I put in my sideboard to replace it?
    How about Warping Wail? That's pretty flexible. If you want more graveyard interaction, Faerie Macabre would be fine to add. If you want to shore up the matchup vs. Show and Tell, I like Ashen Rider.

4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Matter Reshaper
    4 Endless One
    4 Thought-knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    2 Endbringer
    3 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Ulamog, The Ceaseless Hunger

1 Dismember
    2 Tangle Wire
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    4 Chalice of the Void

4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City Of Traitors
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    1 Mishra's Factory
    1 Urborg, Tomb Of Yawgmoth
    1 Karakas
    4 Wasteland
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 Wastes

Sideboard,

2 Tumble Magnet
    4 Leyline Of The Void
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    4 Thorn Of Amethyst
    1 All Is Dust
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass

Reasons,

* I don't like All Is Dust main deck. I think it's too slow against decks I want it for like Death And Taxes and Elves. I like that it can kill True Name. So it's a nice sideboard slot for me. What else is this card good for?

* I'm not sure I know the use of Tumble Magnet but it seems good against Show And Tell and Lands. Eldrazi is a fast deck so 3 counters can be a lot.

* Dismember and Jitte are one ofs. I had two slots in the deck that could have been Thorn Of Amethyst, Warping Wail, Walking Ballista, All Is Dust, Grim Monolith... I saw Tangle Wire in the primer and want to try it because I don't like those cards at least not in the main deck. I'm happy with 1 Jitte because I don't think the deck leans on it that much. I like Dismember to kill Gurmag and Delvers and stuff. But in my experience this deck doesn't need much removal either. I like Tangle Wire to slow my opponent down a bit while I proceed to smash.

* I really wanted to play 2 Wastes, against Back to Basics.. and I expect some people to play Assassin's Trophy. I also really love Mishra's Factory (I have black bordered Renaissance too). I really like the idea of playing 26 lands to cast the Ulamog and to slot in at least Factory.

* Ulamog. I'm not sure how good this is. Although it is castable off of 5 Sol lands and I can tutor it. Seems ok as a 1 of.

* I messed around with Blast Zone but I think it is too slow

* Oblivion Sower. This seems really relevant against Gurmag. And it can help cast Ulamog. Though I often lift up a bunch of fetchlands with it. This is another card I am really not sure about

Hello fellows, I use 2 dismember in the MD because I think that gurmag and stoneforge must be answer in the act, so 2 removal is enough IMO, no less than 2... wire is VERY NICE,, but too slow for us... every non-eldrazi card must do some AMAZING shit to be in our MD, because temple and eye are bad to cast. ill pass tangle wire if I were you. the MD slot could be warping wail and dismember, 1 jitte is enough,,,

If you want to use ulamog I recommend using grim monolith in tangle wire slot, 2 in the MD solve a lot of moon issues, the only problems left are wastelock and b2b, that a well done tks can solve.

26 lands is way too much IMO,,, i got flooded alot and stay in 24, there's gonna be games that a wasteland and a rishadan port will break you apart, but thats magic.

To use oblivion sower,,, 2 urborg is the right number, its a nice play indeed, the /8 body is perfect if you face gurmag and or tarmogoyf
    Eldrazi aggro player

I've been thinking about Eldrazi Stompy because of the rapid transformations in Legacy. I was a DnT player for years and moved onto Humans in the last quarter of last year (yes, there is a legacy Humans build, it was doing well, IMO better than DnT over the last 8-10 months), but Wrenn and Six+Plague Engineer makes me sad and I have felt like fair creature decks are now being forced toward being more aggressive. Humans is actually quite good at that, but relies on too many synergies and little creatures, as does DnT. I think those cards are significantly less impressive against Eldrazi, and those two slightly unfavorable matches will be less common. Plus, none of the W6 decks outside of Lands are running Wasteland since the mana is too greedy already.

Up front, I have no interest in playing Eldrazi Post. I've played against it, it is fine, but it is a glorified Tron deck and I have some small amount of dignity left.

Just a note on W vs. Colorless right now, I like the positioning of Eldrazi Displacer and the white sideboard options. It obviously has risks, since this list can't use Eye of Ugin, and probably eschews maindeck All Is Dust, Endbringer, and a choice between Matter Reshaper and Eldrazi Mimic. Ulamog is also probably a bit much.

I saw this list on MTGTop8 and it feels like this is an interesting starting place.

25 LANDS
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 Cavern of Souls
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Karakas
    5 Plains
    3 Wasteland

25 CREATURES
    2 Containment Priest
    4 Eldrazi Displacer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    3 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Walking Ballista

10 OTHER SPELLS
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Mox Diamond
    2 Smuggler's Copter
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

SIDEBOARD
    1 Containment Priest
    2 Disenchant
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Leyline of the Void
    1 Palace Sentinels
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Thorn of Amethyst

Probably to Definitely Out:
    Sideboard
    Leyline of the Void: Less than 3 seems bad, but do you really want 4? I think with Karakas, Priest and Displacer, it would just be better if those were RiPs. -2

Palace Sentinels: Do you want Monarch that badly with no cool exile/removal effect? At least Palace Jailer synergizes with Displacer. -1

Ethersworn Canonist: With 4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben, 4 Chalice, and 2 Containment Priest main, 2 Thorn and another Priest in the side, what is this lonely mug doing here? If you worry that much about fast combo, maybe just play a miser Mindbreak Trap? -1

Probably to Definitely In:
    Sideboard, there are 4 slots
    Rest in Peace +2
    Ugin, the Ineffable +1
    Sorcerous Spyglass +1

So far, this is what I have:
    25 LANDS
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 Cavern of Souls
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Karakas
    5 Plains
    3 Wasteland

25 CREATURES
    2 Containment Priest
    4 Eldrazi Displacer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Walking Ballista
    3 Thalia, Heretic of Cathar

10 OTHER SPELLS
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Mox Diamond
    2 Smuggler's Copter
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

SIDEBOARD
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Disenchant
    2 Rest in Peace
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Ugin, the Ineffable
    1 Containment Priest
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice
    Last edited by redtwister; 07-17-2019 at 04:37 PM.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Hey, redtwister, there's a separate thread for White Eldrazi (the OP called it Thalia Stompy), so you might get more action there:

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Thalia-Stompy

Given your background as a Death & Taxes enthusiast, I can see why that version would be appealing. Since I've played all the Eldrazi variations, I'll give you my two cents on the list you propose.

I like 4 Wastelands in this deck. It's very aggressive, and the fact you can tag fetchlands with your Wastelands makes them stronger than normal. It's also important to keep an opposing Karakas off the board. I would trim a City of Traitors, since it's pretty bad in multiples. City should always be the last land you play. I liked playing 1 Eye of Ugin in the deck, but I favored Matter Reshaper over Smuggler's Copter. I also wasn't playing as many Walking Ballista. I preferred a Stoneforge Mystic package instead. Eye is obviously weaker and an easy cut when you have fewer Eldrazi. I think 2 Karakas can be better than 3 Karakas, for the same reasons that it's poor in multiples. Some metagames obviously want more copies due to, say, a lot of Turbo Depths.

I played the Containment Priest + Eldrazi Displacer + Palace Jailer trio for a while but didn't get the results I wanted.

Containment Priest is pretty unimpressive alone. It excels against Elves and Reanimator. Sneak and Show usually wins this matchup by Showing in an Omniscience and casting Emrakul, so Containment Priest is good but often not game-winning. Against Death & Taxes, I actually found Containment Priest to be a liability due to Flickerwisps. I found it pretty dead in other matchups. Assembling the combo isn't that difficult, but it's easily broken up by removal. I ended up devoting the slots to the Stoneforge package.

The WW can make Palace Jailer difficult to cast, so that may be why that other pilot ran Palace Sentinels. Jailer is fantastic in some matchups, and in other matchups it can backfire. Any matchup with flying creatures or True-Name Nemesis is challenging. You don't want to lose the monarch status.

Displacer lost its luster when Baleful Strix and Leovold were everywhere, so it's likely better-positioned now. Strix was also a big reason why Jailer got worse.

For the sideboard, Rest in Peace is excellent and Sorcerous Spyglass is flexible, so those are good additions. I wouldn't run Leyline of the Void. Maybe that pilot expected a lot of BR Reanimator? I'm skeptical about Ugin, since 6 mana is pretty steep. Some versions of this deck ran 3 Reality Smasher instead of 4 because of the curve, and Ugin doesn't benefit from Eldrazi Temple. I guess try it and see.

I agree that Mindbreak Trap is better than Ethersworn Canonist in that situation. Most of the deck's interaction is permanent-based, and Storm usually shaves discard postboard to bring in Abrupt Decay and bounce spells. Also, Storm is usually a very favorable matchup, and the most likely way to lose would be for them to Turn 1 you, which would lose to a Mindbreak Trap.

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    Hey, redtwister, there's a separate thread for White Eldrazi (the OP called it Thalia Stompy), so you might get more action there:

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Thalia-Stompy

Given your background as a Death & Taxes enthusiast, I can see why that version would be appealing. Since I've played all the Eldrazi variations, I'll give you my two cents on the list you propose.

I like 4 Wastelands in this deck. It's very aggressive, and the fact you can tag fetchlands with your Wastelands makes them stronger than normal. It's also important to keep an opposing Karakas off the board. I would trim a City of Traitors, since it's pretty bad in multiples. City should always be the last land you play. I liked playing 1 Eye of Ugin in the deck, but I favored Matter Reshaper over Smuggler's Copter. I also wasn't playing as many Walking Ballista. I preferred a Stoneforge Mystic package instead. Eye is obviously weaker and an easy cut when you have fewer Eldrazi. I think 2 Karakas can be better than 3 Karakas, for the same reasons that it's poor in multiples. Some metagames obviously want more copies due to, say, a lot of Turbo Depths.

I played the Containment Priest + Eldrazi Displacer + Palace Jailer trio for a while but didn't get the results I wanted.

Containment Priest is pretty unimpressive alone. It excels against Elves and Reanimator. Sneak and Show usually wins this matchup by Showing in an Omniscience and casting Emrakul, so Containment Priest is good but often not game-winning. Against Death & Taxes, I actually found Containment Priest to be a liability due to Flickerwisps. I found it pretty dead in other matchups. Assembling the combo isn't that difficult, but it's easily broken up by removal. I ended up devoting the slots to the Stoneforge package.

The WW can make Palace Jailer difficult to cast, so that may be why that other pilot ran Palace Sentinels. Jailer is fantastic in some matchups, and in other matchups it can backfire. Any matchup with flying creatures or True-Name Nemesis is challenging. You don't want to lose the monarch status.

Displacer lost its luster when Baleful Strix and Leovold were everywhere, so it's likely better-positioned now. Strix was also a big reason why Jailer got worse.

For the sideboard, Rest in Peace is excellent and Sorcerous Spyglass is flexible, so those are good additions. I wouldn't run Leyline of the Void. Maybe that pilot expected a lot of BR Reanimator? I'm skeptical about Ugin, since 6 mana is pretty steep. Some versions of this deck ran 3 Reality Smasher instead of 4 because of the curve, and Ugin doesn't benefit from Eldrazi Temple. I guess try it and see.

I agree that Mindbreak Trap is better than Ethersworn Canonist in that situation. Most of the deck's interaction is permanent-based, and Storm usually shaves discard postboard to bring in Abrupt Decay and bounce spells. Also, Storm is usually a very favorable matchup, and the most likely way to lose would be for them to Turn 1 you, which would lose to a Mindbreak Trap.
    I tried to use W eldrazi once, the deck by itself is great, my only "problem" with the deck is Mox diamond, if u keep a hand with 3 lands and 1 mox, u become very suscetive to wasteland, because the mox only add 1 mana, we always prefer multiples mana lands. thalia 2.0 is awesome and the gaga package is optimal, personally after 2 legacy events (both getting top8 with the deck) I rolled back to eldrazi stompy.. I really like the aggro of mimic/endless into tks/smasher.

the taxes of thalia we can have with a harder body (lodestone golem). but its just my personal play style, if you are used to DaT or prefer this midrange style, the deck can be very good in the midrange ground.

I think that can be awesome if you just trade 3 ballista 2 copter for 3 gaga + jitte + batterskull

equipment is a pain and can rally game on its own

equip batterskull into an alien and the game its over
    Eldrazi aggro player

@ESG, painhomoser

Thank you both for all of that feedback. When I saw Barook as a contrib, I figured this was a good thread, if a little less active. I feel like Discord is sort of killing forums, but if you know of a Discord, I'll poke around there too.

Orim67 has been running his specific W Stompy list with some success and Eric Landon had a lovely 5-0 with it on his Twitch.

I am definitely torn between this prison-ish build and the straight aggro build. The only thing I am sure of is the need to fight through the new 4c world + combo. I think both decks do well against Miracles, which still is favored against 4c Control, Delver, and probably Snow Control. Big and fast seems like the best option for a fair Magic player like me who feels a little queasy playing U.dec. I've never warmed to Brainstorm/FoW decks even though I love tempo and control in Standard and Modern because I really love Prison strategies more than anything. My two favorite Magic cards are Chalice of the Void and Aether Vial.

One card choice: Ugin, the Ineffable might be a bit greedy, but n the grindy matches, I feel like a 6 mana card advantage engine that deletes their removal and says "Eldrazi cost 2 less to cast" and can also straight kill Jace is pretty solid .

Not sure why Orim67 went away from SfM, but it was a pretty bad card for a while in the land of K-Command. Maybe it has regained it's threat level.

If I go straight aggro, I'll be back!

2nd place finish ,

4 ancient tomb
    2 city of traitors
    4 eldrazi temple
    3 eye of ugin
    4 cavern of souls
    1 Karakas
    1 urborg tomb of yawgmoth
    1 wastes
    3 wasteland
    2 mishra’s factory
    4 Eldrazi mimic
    4 matter reshaper
    4 endless one
    4 thought knot seer
    4 reality smasher
    2 endbringer
    2 walking ballista
    3 simian spirit guide
    4 chalice of the void
    2 dismember
    2 umezawa’s jitte

Side,

3 Ratchet Bomb
    1 karn scion of urza
    4 leyline of the void
    3 thorn of amethyst
    2 tumble magnet
    2 sorcerous spyglass

My next tournament was a 4th place finish, I made a couple minor changes , I replaced mishra’s factory with blast zone and walking ballista with Ratchet Bomb. I played 1 Ratchet Bomb in side with 2 warping wail

I was unhappy with blast zone and the ratchet bomb. I hoped to face more delver decks and didn’t. My meta is below. So now the slots I’ve been adjusting are mishra’s factory back in the main, blast zones out. 2 all is dust 2 Ratchet Bomb out and put back into the side . Warping wail out of the side.

What I faced on the two days,

Deaths shadow
    Miracles
    Moon stompy
    UR delver
    Turbo Depths
    Dredge
    Nic fit

I lost only to Nic fit and a deck I don’t know how describe it was playing delver mongoose and hexdrinker and random stuff

I’m going to try to see if I can play again next Sunday.

Why are people playing walking ballista? Casting it uncounterable off of a cavern of souls seems really good I guess. 4 mana with Eldrazi temple and eye of ugin in the deck seems really difficult. I don’t play many sol lands that can cast it early

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

2nd place finish ...

My next tournament was a 4th place finish ...
    Sweet! Those are good finishes. Can you give some details about how your games went? What colors were the Nic Fit deck? Did the Mongoose deck just Wasteland you out of the game?

I don’t have any more details my memory sucks.

Last week I played again. I came in 5th so I didn’t make top 4 this time and won no prizes but I came really close. I still went 3-1 but was paired down.

My decklist was virtually the same except I decided to play 3 Ratchet Bomb in my side with a couple main all is dust.

I lost round 1 against miracles. I made a stupid mistake one game I had a mishra’s factory , endless one , and jitte. I had a low life total and equipped my summoning sick endless one. He had some mentor tokens left over after I killed the mentor. Had I attacked with my jitte it would have saved me. So anyway

I beat burn , Lands, and dredge. I don’t think the Lands player had tabernacle it seemed kind of budget with with riftstone portal

3-1 again. Made top 4. Here is what I played against,

Miracles
    BYE
    Painter
    Hexmage/Depths

I don’t remember if I went 0-2 or 1-2 in the miracles matchup but lost. Against painter and hexmage/Depths I went 2-0 and that secured me top 4 in the tie breaker

In top 4 I played against miracles again and lost

Jun 2009
    Detroit, MI

Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Stompy

So is everyone back on 2017 Eldrazi? I was playing Eldrazi Post and now recently went back to pure aggro Eldrazi and just went undefeated 4-0 at my weekly last night. I was on 3 wastes and 2 grim monoliths, otherwise pretty generic Eldrazi Stompy.

Beat:
    2-0 Snow White? - 4c Snow with mentors - Played a ton of TKS eventually he stabilized but I played Walking Ballista for lethal, second game Spyglass on wasteland and wrenn and six, eye of ugin for Ulamog and he conceded
    2-0 BUG Delver - Don't remember the first game, second game cast Ulamog and he conceded
    2-0 Elves - Turn 1 Chalice he concedes (later said he kept a 1 lander with a mana dork), game two he Natural Orders for Cratorhoof and I activate blast zone to wipe his 1 drops
    2-0 Dark Depths - Slow Depths BG with Life from the Loam - Game 1 mimic into TKS to take his hexmage, he crop rots for the token but doesn't make it, I top deck wasteland for win. Game 2 I beat down with mimic he can't find wasteland or stage and I eventually kill him.

Deck felt great, fast clock with good disruption is always good.

Hi,

I just played against Eldrazi on cockatrice and he played this creature :

Dunno if it has been discussed yet, but this seems huge in this deck, nope ?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Makes sense. Once Upon a Time is very good at finding a double land, a Thought-Knot Seer, or a Reality Smasher. This deck usually ran Simian Spirit Guide to enable Turn 1 Chalice more reliably, but the color of mana wasn't particularly important. Now it's useful to have green in order to play a Once Upon a Time drawn after the first turn, so Elvish Spirit Guide replaces Simian Spirit Guide. Dismember kills most creatures in Legacy, including problematic ones like Knight of the Reliquary and Batterskull, and it's strong in the mirror.

Thanks for the update, H.

I know losing chalice is huge, but I'm wondering if it's possible to fit the companion Keruga, the Macrosage in here.

The 4 leyline of the void plus 4 Karn the great creator (to get helm of obedience to win) might be too cute...but leylines do let you draw cards with keruga, lurrus is in literally the majority of decks, and karn is the only good thing vs. zirda I can think of.

4 Matter Reshaper
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Elvish Spirit Guide
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Trinisphere
    4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Karn, the Great Creator
    3 Dismember
    1 Tireless Tracker

4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    1 Eye of Ugin
    4 Bayou
    4 Llanowar Wastes
    1 Overgrown Tomb

SB
    1 Keruga, the Macrosage
    1 Helm of Obedience
    1 Wurmcoil Engine
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Walking Ballista
    1 Tree of Tales
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    3 Null Rod (I know but seems worth it for some matches like Zirda/Gyruda)
    3 Toxic Deluge
    Last edited by kinda; 04-27-2020 at 06:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Thread Information