Page 99 of 124 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2465

Thread: [Primer] Eldrazi Stompy

cant play as much as he wants

Jun 2010

Re: [DTB] Eldrazi Stompy

-edit-
    whatever
    Last edited by sporenfrosch1411; 12-06-2016 at 01:00 AM.

Sep 2010
    Warsaw, Poland

@RhoxWarMonk refering to Thalia Stompy list - can be found here http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Thalia-Stompy

As I said before - I don't like to lose to 1 card or one deck - that's why was seeking for hybrid version of Eldrazi Stompy which would cover all week sides.

What was sacrificed to achieve goals ? Speed mostly - Mimics, Endless One, Eye of Ugins (for manabase consistancy). From Zoo route we know that aggro deck can't be faster then combo. You need hate to fight against. Best hate cards against combo - Thalia & Chalice, adding Thalia 2.0 as really good thread in this shell, SFM to CA and good threads to smooth mana curve and you have really beating deck, which maybe not so fast as colorless Eldrazi - but still decent speed (TKS & Smashers present - which are best cards in Eldrazi IMO).

Last list which I was testing:

// 60 Maindeck
    // 9 Artifact
    3 Mox Diamond
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Batterskull
    4 Chalice of the Void

// 26 Creature
    3 Reality Smasher
    2 Lodestone Golem
    3 Stoneforge Mystic
    3 Blade Splicer
    3 Eldrazi Displacer
    3 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
    3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    2 Palace Jailer
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

// 25 Land
    2 Karakas
    3 Cavern of Souls
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Wasteland
    6 Plains

// 15 Sideboard
    // 1 Artifact
    SB: 1 Manriki-Gusari

// 3 Enchantment
    SB: 1 Parallax Wave
    SB: 2 Rest in Peace

// 8 Instant
    SB: 3 Blessed Alliance
    SB: 3 Disenchant
    SB: 2 Warping Wail

// 3 Sorcery
    SB: 1 Austere Command
    SB: 2 Council's Judgment

//Austere Command is still in testing probably will be cut and added Elspeth as additional thread. Other MD/SB chooses described in Thalia Stompy thread - http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Thalia-Stompy.

Golems & Smashers are probably still debatable.

That's a completely different deck and there's a reason it's under a completely different thread.

I'm hard pressed to call that an Eldrazi deck at all not at all what I pictured when I read "colored Eldrazi".

cant play as much as he wants

Jun 2010

@Fatal:
    Thats 10 Eldrazi you are playing an no eye of Ugin. As i mentioned before , that deck isnt Eldrazi Stompy or a subtype of it, its basically ThaliaStompy/Eldrazi+Taxes.
    Dont get me wrong, it may be a good deck, but it just isnt EldraziStompy and therefore, especially if you post the link yourself, has its own thread

May 2016
    The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Riehu View Post
    I haven't played Eldrazi or any other constructed format in a long time but played all the variations of Eldrazi back in the spring for months. In the end the colorless version was hands down the most consistent of 'em all. I loved tinkering with the different colors but eventually decided against anything else but mono.

Also if you read back the thread there is lots of discussion and 5-0 decklists of colored versions as well. Though I'm quite sure you have done this already.
    Riehu (L), where you at man :)?
    Eldrazi stompy list: http://www.mtggoldfish.com/player/noloam

sideboard guide can be found on page 84

Quote Originally Posted by Noloam_ View Post
    Riehu (L), where you at man :)?
    Too much traveling, settled down to London now :) Will get back to games soon but I think I'll try Infect as it's good in Modern too and I don't have loads of time to practice two different decks for Las Vegas GPs. And settle down to Eldrazi perhaps :D

You coming?

May 2016
    The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Riehu View Post
    Too much traveling, settled down to London now :) Will get back to games soon but I think I'll try Infect as it's good in Modern too and I don't have loads of time to practice two different decks for Las Vegas GPs. And settle down to Eldrazi perhaps :D

You coming?
    yes i have seen some pics on your FB, nice :). Im note very sure, but i will do my best to come. If i go i will play miracles for sure

In Response - Podcast
    Jun 2007
    Berne, Switzerland

Quick tourney report -- Swiss Legacy Cup 2016; finished 9th of 84, 5-2-0

Decklist:
    4x Eldrazi Mimic
    4x Endless One
    4x Matter Reshaper
    3x Oblivion Sower
    4x Reality Smasher
    3x Simian Spirit Guide
    4x Thought-Knot Seer

1x Dismember
    2x Warping Wail
    4x Chalice of the Void
    2x Umezawa's Jitte

4x Ancient Tomb
    4x Cavern of Souls
    3x City of Traitors
    4x Eldrazi Temple
    4x Eye of Ugin
    2x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4x Wasteland

Sideboard
    2x All Is Dust
    1x Endbringer
    1x Karakas
    4x Leyline of the Void
    2x Pithing Needle
    4x Thorn of Amethyst
    1x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Before the tournament it was clear form tournament results in geneva and Berne that one of the main DTB would be BR Reanimator and thus I switched from the Thalia Stompy deck I have been playing to Eldrazi as Leyline of the Void is better than Rest in Peace against that deck.

Round 1: Bye

1-0, (2-0 in games)

Round 2: L. / Reanimator - Delver

Game one I dropped a Chalice on 1 and was able to later dismember a exhumed Tidespout Tyrant. G2 I had double Leyline, but he began Delver - Pyromancer - True-Name Nemesis and I lost in short order. For G3 I sided out the Leylines and kept a T1 Chalice T2 Thought-Knot Seer and he showed me a hand of Entomb, Reanimate, Brainstorm, Ponder and Petal - Feels good to be on the play.

2-0 (4-1 in games)

Round 3: Samuel / UR Delver

He mulligans to 5 and is crushed by a Reality Smasher and a Reshaper. On 3 Life he lavamancers the Respaher only for me to flip a Jitte. G2 I had a perfect curve and a Cavern so he cannot interact with Minic - Thought-Knot Seer - Reality Smasher.

2-0 (6-1)

Round 4: / Lands

T1 Mox Diamon, Mox Diamond pitching Dark Depths and Thespian Stage, Life from the Loam, play Thespian Stage. T2 Dark Depths with 2 Mana open... G2 I get entangled in 2 Mazes and he has enough time to assemble the combo. As bad a matchup as they come.

0-2 (6-3)

Round 5: * / BR Reanimator

My turn 1 Chalice again wins Game 1 against Reanimator. G2 I have double Leyline, but he unmasks my Reality Smasher und can animate it. Luckily I draw my own which is 5/5 instead of 4/5.

2-0 (8-3)

Round 6: Ronny / Colorless Eldrazi

We play a 54 card mirror, but the difference is that I have 3 Oblivion Sowers. G1 He plays Matter Reshapers and I play Thought-Knot taking a Jitte and Reality Smasher. G2 he mulligans and I double mulligan and have the most ridiculous game in my entire Magic life: On the Draw I have in hand Eldrazi mimic, 2 Simian Spirit Guide, Oblivion Sower, Ancient Tomb. T1 my opponent pays Cavern go. I draw Eldrazi Temple and play Mimic. T2 My opponent plays City of Traitors go and I think he heas a double City opener. I draw Oblivion Sower and play Ancient Tomb & Spirit guides to play Oblivion Sower. Sower flips Eye of Ugin, Eldrazi Temple and Ancient Tomb! Off those I play another Oblivion Sower that whiffs on lands. My oppenent has to Warping Wail my Mimic to in response to its trigger. T3 I tutor for Ulamog and T4 I play Ulamog and exile his 2 Matter Reshapers.

2-0 (10-3)

Round 7: Nicolas / Merfolk

He has early Cursecatcher, Silvergill Adept, Mutavault and a Vial at 2 and I try to catch up with an Oblivion Sower. I draw a Reality Smasher and am overeager and attack only to die to double Lord of Atlantis on my turn and before combat on his turn. G2 I Have Matter Reshaper into Reality Smasher and he can never really block in a meaningful way. G3 I play an early Reality Smasher and Beat down, but on his turn he plays Back to Basics - my Spine is instantly broken and when he is able to assemble a True-Name Nemesis and a Lord of Atlantis I get slowly beaten down.

1-2 (11-5)

Thoughts:

The Leylines were great and won against the Reanimator decks I encountered. It is also great that the deck can finish games so fast compared to Thalia Stompy because of the playset of Reality Smashers.

Taking from what has been established before and from the deck I got my Bye with I would go back to Barooks inventions and play slightly white Eldrazi. I very sorely missed Eldrazi Displacer from the white deck and it is such a great card against many mediocre matchups that Eldrazi has (Lands, Sneak and Show, sometimes Delver).

For the future how about a blast from the past (Barook's Deck from a Legacy League ) - he already had 4 Leyline and 4 Displacer.
    Last edited by hofzge; 12-05-2016 at 07:03 AM.
    Chalice on 1

Aug 2014
    New Jersey

Has anyone tried to run 3x Urborg over the Factories? Seems nice to consistently use eye for mana and save life with Tomb in play.

In Response - Podcast
    Jun 2007
    Berne, Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by itrytostorm View Post
    Has anyone tried to run 3x Urborg over the Factories? Seems nice to consistently use eye for mana and save life with Tomb in play.
    How about this:

4x Ancient Tomb
    4x Cavern of Souls
    3/4x City of Traitors
    4x Eldrazi Temple
    3/4x Eye of Ugin
    2x Karakas
    2x Plains

1x Dismember
    2x Warping Wail

4x Eldrazi Displacer
    4x Eldrazi Mimic
    4x Endless One
    3x Oblivion Sower
    4x Reality Smasher
    4x Thought-Knot Seer

4x Chalice of the Void
    3x Lotus Petal
    2x Umezawa's Jitte

Sideboard (15)
    2x All Is Dust
    4x Leyline of the Void
    2x Spatial Contortion
    3x Thorn of Amethyst
    1-3x Spine of Ish Sah / Pithing Needle / Ratchet Bomb / Endbringer / Confusion in the Ranks

To bring Barooks ideas a bit up to speed with the resurgence of Oblivion Sower. Either 3 Eye/4City or 4Eye/3City and in the last 3 slots of the sideboard any combination of the mentioned cards and some Spatial contortions against Delver.
    Chalice on 1

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Noloam, I saw you went 5-0 with two spin of ish. How have the been for you. Did they do as well as confusion in the ranks against the sneak and show decks? Have they been useful in other match ups?
    Last edited by Darkness; 12-07-2016 at 08:43 AM.

In Response - Podcast
    Jun 2007
    Berne, Switzerland

I played this at our LGS to a 3-0-1:
    4x Ancient Tomb
    4x Cavern of Souls
    3x City of Traitors
    4x Eldrazi Temple
    4x Eye of Ugin
    2x Karakas
    2x Plains

3x Warping Wail

4x Eldrazi Displacer
    4x Eldrazi Mimic
    4x Endless One
    3x Oblivion Sower
    4x Reality Smasher
    4x Thought-Knot Seer

4x Chalice of the Void
    3x Lotus Petal
    2x Umezawa's Jitte

Sideboard (15)
    2x All Is Dust
    1x Endbringer
    4x Leyline of the Void
    2x Spatial Contortion
    2x Spine of Ish Sah
    3x Thorn of Amethyst

Round 1: Alex / Infect

G1 I win with enough pressure thanks also to him playing Breeding Pools instead of Tropical Islands. I side in the Endbringer and the Contortions and have a ton of interaction in G2 and the Endbringer in hand, but am consticted on mana and when I cannot activate Displacer twice he kills me. G3 is better again as I play a Chalice an later am able to see his hand thanks to a THought-Knot Seer and he has 2 Glisterner Elves, Berserk and Vines of Vastwood... Soon afterwards he is dead.

1-0, (2-1 in games)

Round 2: Domi / Stoneblade - Standstill concoction

I play about 4-5 Oblivion Sowers after Jaces bounces them multiple times and have 7 lands from him including Mishra's Factory, Wasteland and Karakas. I activate Eye of Ugin multiple times and somehow he still is in the game with a Batterskulled Mystic and Jitte until i get an uncounterable Displacer and can block the Mystic with a factory and waste it. G2 is more of the same, but this time my Reality Smashers beat his Batterskull.

2-0 (4-1 in games)

Round 3: Matej / BURG Delver

The first game has me struggle and die to a flipped Delver and Wasteland, Stifle on Jitte and a Bolt.
    The second game takes about 35 or more minutes as we have a standoff with me at 8 with a Displacer and a Thought-Knot Seer and 6 mana of which 4 are Ancient Tomb Mana and him at 1 with a 5/6 Tarmogoyf and a flipped Delver and an active Deathrite Shaman. This standoff takes an eternity until I can tap him out and attack without risking deatch to a Bolt. Time is up when we shuffle for game 3.

1-1-1 (5-2-1)

Round 4: Tobi / Lands

Game 1 T1 Chalice on 1 makes it so a lone Eldrazi Mimic deals about 12 damage as a 2/1 and is later accompanied by a trusty 2/2 Endless One all the while he has 4 Rishadan Ports and taps me out every turn, but has nothing.
    G2 I have a Chalice again and play Mimic - Chalice - Thought-Knot - Thought-Knot - Thought-Knot drawing 2 Leylines. He has only a Maze and takes a lot of damage and then I can even cast Leyline after drawing Urborg.
    2 games that are very uncharacteristic of the matchup.

2-0 (7-2-1)

I really like the Displacer - not only aginst Delver but also against any unfair creature deck (there were 2 SnT decks that I did not play against).

As a whole I like the maindeck but will maybe play around with the manabase and the 3 Oblivion Sowers were rather underwhelming and should maybe be 1 Endbringer and 2 Matter Reshapers.
    Chalice on 1

(This is my first reply in this thread, I was previously a NicFit Eldrazi player; I have switched on Eldrazi in October. In addition, sorry for my spelling errors, English is not my native langage).

@Hofzge, why not play Caves of Koilos over plains?

Here is the Displacer build I am actually playing:

1 Caves of Koilos
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Karakas
    3 City of Traitors
    3 Wasteland
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Eye of Ugin

2 Endbringer
    3 Eldrazi Displacer
    3 Matter Reshaper
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Endless One
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

2 Umezawa's Jitte
    4 Chalice of the Void

2 Dismember
    2 Warping Wail

SB: 1 Pithing Needle
    SB: 1 Faerie Macabre
    SB: 2 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 4 Leyline of the Void
    SB: 1 Endbringer
    SB: 2 All Is Dust
    SB: 4 Thorn of Amethyst

I don't say that displacer build is better than colorless one (tournament results show that it is not). I choose W build just because I "like playing magic" and made some interaction which my opponent's cards. In addition, in my meta (S&T; Reanimator; D&T; Shardless; Bant; High tide; Enchanteress...), displacer/endbringer are amazing.

In my strange meta, I just have some problems with enchanteress... I am thinking about playing 2 Winter's orb SB. If someone have tips in this matchup, I would be grateful.

May 2016
    The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Noloam, I saw you went 5-0 with two spin of ish. How have the been for you. Did they do as well as confusion in the ranks against the sneak and show decks? Have they been useful in other match ups?
    i have not met omnitell yet. so its hard to tell. i bring in the spines in the mirror to be able to replace all the chalices. it should be slightly a worse card vs show and tell than spine

i am now no longer running eldrazi exclusively, im also Lands online XD. played it for the first time yesterday. i will see how it goes. im getting a bit bored with eldrazi. but i am saying that for a long time now
    Last edited by Noloam_; 12-07-2016 at 04:45 PM.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by benoasan View Post
    In my strange meta, I just have some problems with enchanteress... I am thinking about playing 2 Winter's orb SB. If someone have tips in this matchup, I would be grateful.
    As someone who plays both decks, I can say that the best card for the matchup is All Is Dust. Enchantress excels at erecting a pillow fort, but it lacks the ability to kill quickly, so if you have an All Is Dust, you will always be able to cast it. Play your creatures, cast All Is Dust on Turn 4, swing in with the team, the game is over.

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    As someone who plays both decks, I can say that the best card for the matchup is All Is Dust. Enchantress excels at erecting a pillow fort, but it lacks the ability to kill quickly, so if you have an All Is Dust, you will always be able to cast it. Play your creatures, cast All Is Dust on Turn 4, swing in with the team, the game is over.
    Yes, I am agree with you. All is dust is the key card in this matchup if we can find it very fast! I also use 4 thorn to slow them and sometime I have a strange problem: I am not able to cast All is dust cause the ccm is increase by 1 or 2...
    Anyway, I will try to pack a third AID.
    Last edited by benoasan; 12-08-2016 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by benoasan View Post
    Yes, I am agree with you. All is dust is the key card in this matchup if we can find it very fast! I also use 4 thorn to slow them and sometime I have a strange problem: I am not able to cast All is dust cause the ccm is increase by 1 or 2...
    Anyway, I will try to pack a third AID.
    Our enchantess player in our meta packs in gaddock teeg and karmic justice. I have the exact same SB with yours and 2 all is Dust is just the right number. Moreover, the 2 ratchet bombs are the lifesavers because i cant cast all is dust due to teeg cause I boarded out jitte and dismembers, so my only optipn is to draw ratchet bomb, luckily drew it the next turn, tick to 2 counters blow up teeg, cast thoughtlnot, exile karmic justice then on my next turn all is dust for boardwipe.

I'm on noloams 60 mb except -1 mishra, +1 karakas

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Abantau View Post
    Our enchantess player in our meta packs in gaddock teeg and karmic justice. I have the exact same SB with yours and 2 all is Dust is just the right number. Moreover, the 2 ratchet bombs are the lifesavers because i cant cast all is dust due to teeg cause I boarded out jitte and dismembers, so my only optipn is to draw ratchet bomb, luckily drew it the next turn, tick to 2 counters blow up teeg, cast thoughtlnot, exile karmic justice then on my next turn all is dust for boardwipe.
    Just so there's no confusion, Karmic Justice doesn't defend against All Is Dust (destroy vs. sacrifice). Ratchet Bomb is another solid card for the matchup. For the bigger builds playing Ulamog, Ulamog is usually almost as quick as All Is Dust and can be cast through a Gaddock Teeg.

Anyone winning on MTGO currently? I feel like the league's meta is very Eldrazi hostile.

Jan 2013
    Land of Snow and Purple Rain

Quote Originally Posted by Serapha View Post
    Anyone winning on MTGO currently? I feel like the league's meta is very Eldrazi hostile.
    Legacy Rotates. We'll be old hat for a few months then it comes full circle again. That is the life of a legacy deck not named miracles.

Thread Information