Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2465

Thread: [Primer] Eldrazi Stompy

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Re: [DTB] Eldrazi Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by Qernavak View Post
    food chain 2 2 100%
    Pretty sure that's not how you calculate match win %...
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefaces View Post
    Pretty sure that's not how you calculate match win %...
    I think it is 2 wins out of 2 matches.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    I think it is 2 wins out of 2 matches.
    Ah I see, thought it meant 2-2!
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

You keep in ESG in the miracles MU? In Noloam and my Sb guide you take them out as you want a high density of threats. ESG&SSG gives you fewer threats. I guess the argument of blowing out Miracles with one of their Bomb cards against us works, but what if they have two !
    I MB Thorns x2 and side out Dismember + Jitte vs all variants of Miracles (yes even 4x Mentor Variants). I believe it is more of a playstyle. ESG/SSG to fuel the initial rush and ESG/SSG to fuel the Eye of Ugin tutor for Ulamog. I am personally surprised at how difficult it is to activate Eye vs such a slow matchup in a timely fashion. (Bloody Temples do not produce 2 mana for Eye activations! )

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Anyone have any last minute innovations for stock Noloam 75. He has been occupied with work and other activities and will not be actively playing on modo for the moment. Anyone have thoughts on Basilisk Collar?

Anyone have any last minute innovations for stock Noloam 75. He has been occupied with work and other activities and will not be actively playing on modo for the moment. Anyone have thoughts on Basilisk Collar?
    I dislike Collar unless we are on the Endbringer plan.

Ran a local going 4-1. Lost to friend piloting Aluren using the valuetown BUG build. After slinging like 30 games after the event I believe we are actually quite even.

My SB goes like this
    + all the removal in my sb + all the needle effects + world breaker

on the play
    - 2 thorns - 2 matter reshaper

on the draw
    - 4 chalice of the void

A key thing to note is that Endless One is stellar vs Aluren. Just remember to scale it to 3/3 to punch through the crane. They absolutely hate Jitte while Warping Wail has a million targets.

I believe further innovations for Eldrazi is mostly in our SB and how we want to steer the deck's % vs certain matchups. I for one ignore the Show & Tell variant matchup as shown in my SB below. Note that I play 1 Dismember 1 Jitte only in MB and played 2 Thorns in the vacant 2 slots.

Sideboard
    1 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    1 Warping Wail
    1 Dismember
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 World Breaker
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 All is Dust
    1 Faerie Macabre
    4 Leyline of the Void

This was my 75 this week

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Eye of Ugin
    2 Mishra's Factory
    3 Wasteland
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

4 Eldrazi Mimic
    1 Endbringer
    4 Endless One
    4 Matter Reshaper
    2 Oblivion Sower
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    3 Thought-Knot Seer

2 Dismember
    1 Warping Wail
    2 Umezawa's jitte
    4 Chalice of the Void

SIDEBOARD
    2 All Is Dust
    3 Leyline of the Void
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Dismember
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Warping Wail

I went 3-0 for our weekly and jammed a bunch of games vs taxes and RG lands.

Round 1 ANT
    2-0
    I know what this guy is on each week, game 1 I kept a pretty hateful hand and game 2 I had a mull to 6 with pure hate if he doesn't turn 1 me.

Round 2 Tin Fins
    2-1
    Game 1 on the play I turn 1 a chalice, rip up his hand with TKS, he scoops
    Game 2 on the draw he vomits and kills me on his turn 2
    Game 3 on the play I have Leyline, thorn, chalice, and a couple of critters, he scoops after turn 3

Round 3 BR Reanimator / Necrotic Ooze combo
    2-1
    Couldn't remember if he was on regular BR or that strange Ooze list that did well a few tournaments ago right off the bat, so I figured if he is on the play he has me no matter what. Both games after I played a piece of hate, the deck seemed to just topple over itself.

Games vs Taxes
    60-40 Squids favored
    These were all main board games, I felt very favored, there were a few games where he was able to out stabilize me beyond recovery.

Games vs Lands
    55-45 Squid favored
    Now this was strange, I remember lands being absolutely miserable to play against. He was on the portless version with ghost quarter and manabond. Rest of it still stock, when he snagged the loam / manabond nonsense I was helpless. Or even waste lock. If I stuck a chalice and even got a mild tempo he couldn't handle the pressure. All I remember is feeling helpess vs RG Lands and Turbo Depths but these games felt more even. Maybe it was the player?

I am set on taking squids to the GP, may need to tweak maybe 5 cards of the 75.

Do people have preference over Faerie Macabre vs Leyline of the Void? When I played WG squid I ran Macabre, lately it has been Leyline.

Also how do you guys like 3-ball in the side as a one of? I used to always run a singleton main or side to catch some irritating decks.

Have people tried Cursed Totem or Torpor Orb vs Aluren at all?

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Quote Originally Posted by bonkotsu View Post
    This was my 75 this week

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Eye of Ugin
    2 Mishra's Factory
    3 Wasteland
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

4 Eldrazi Mimic
    1 Endbringer
    4 Endless One
    4 Matter Reshaper
    2 Oblivion Sower
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    3 Thought-Knot Seer

2 Dismember
    1 Warping Wail
    2 Umezawa's jitte
    4 Chalice of the Void

SIDEBOARD
    2 All Is Dust
    3 Leyline of the Void
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Dismember
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Warping Wail

I went 3-0 for our weekly and jammed a bunch of games vs taxes and RG lands.

Round 1 ANT
    2-0
    I know what this guy is on each week, game 1 I kept a pretty hateful hand and game 2 I had a mull to 6 with pure hate if he doesn't turn 1 me.

Round 2 Tin Fins
    2-1
    Game 1 on the play I turn 1 a chalice, rip up his hand with TKS, he scoops
    Game 2 on the draw he vomits and kills me on his turn 2
    Game 3 on the play I have Leyline, thorn, chalice, and a couple of critters, he scoops after turn 3

Round 3 BR Reanimator / Necrotic Ooze combo
    2-1
    Couldn't remember if he was on regular BR or that strange Ooze list that did well a few tournaments ago right off the bat, so I figured if he is on the play he has me no matter what. Both games after I played a piece of hate, the deck seemed to just topple over itself.

Games vs Taxes
    60-40 Squids favored
    These were all main board games, I felt very favored, there were a few games where he was able to out stabilize me beyond recovery.

Games vs Lands
    55-45 Squid favored
    Now this was strange, I remember lands being absolutely miserable to play against. He was on the portless version with ghost quarter and manabond. Rest of it still stock, when he snagged the loam / manabond nonsense I was helpless. Or even waste lock. If I stuck a chalice and even got a mild tempo he couldn't handle the pressure. All I remember is feeling helpess vs RG Lands and Turbo Depths but these games felt more even. Maybe it was the player?

I am set on taking squids to the GP, may need to tweak maybe 5 cards of the 75.

Do people have preference over Faerie Macabre vs Leyline of the Void? When I played WG squid I ran Macabre, lately it has been Leyline.

Also how do you guys like 3-ball in the side as a one of? I used to always run a singleton main or side to catch some irritating decks.

Have people tried Cursed Totem or Torpor Orb vs Aluren at all?
    Leyline is just better can't be instant speed messed around with and both BR and UB reanimator decks use sneak attack and show and tell to get around hate cards. Leyline is stronger against lands.

I do not think trinisphere is needed it seems like it helps you're already good match ups.

I also think the suggested hate for aluren is not a good idea as they run decay.

How was the Ulamog in your testing.

SIDEBOARD
    2 All Is Dust
    3 Leyline of the Void
    2 Pithing Needle
    1 Dismember
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Warping Wail
    How does this sideboard beat an Ensnaring Bridge? And with only 3 TKS's it's hard to pull it out of their hand.

Also I know everyone has talked about Sower but is it that much better than Endbringer? Im thinking endbringer is better against Sneak and Show and helps in the creature matchups.

Lastly, I'm going back to the White splash for Displacer that I went 12-4 at GP Columbus. I struggled with Tarmogoyf (my oppenents always got them in multiples) but I'm thinking about adding Basilisk Collar or Relics (in addition to Leylines) for more GY hate against BR and Lands.

Quote Originally Posted by BoostersDraught View Post
    How does this sideboard beat an Ensnaring Bridge? And with only 3 TKS's it's hard to pull it out of their hand.

Also I know everyone has talked about Sower but is it that much better than Endbringer? Im thinking endbringer is better against Sneak and Show and helps in the creature matchups.

Lastly, I'm going back to the White splash for Displacer that I went 12-4 at GP Columbus. I struggled with Tarmogoyf (my oppenents always got them in multiples) but I'm thinking about adding Basilisk Collar or Relics (in addition to Leylines) for more GY hate against BR and Lands.
    I did well at Columbus also with Displacer in my old diamond build. Supposed to be 4 tks 3 ssg, I messed up when converting. Sower generally is always a goyf, if not bigger goyf. You are correct, colorless doesn't deal well with bridge. The best bet is to ratchet bomb it after a few turns which is terrible vs burn and a few other decks that have been bringing it in.

I do miss being able to displacer my tks to constantly rip out hands, displacer mid combat to trigger mimics, and sb worldbreaker. Colorless has been more consistent for me though.

Leyline is just better can't be instant speed messed around with and both BR and UB reanimator decks use sneak attack and show and tell to get around hate cards. Leyline is stronger against lands.

I do not think trinisphere is needed it seems like it helps you're already good match ups.

I also think the suggested hate for aluren is not a good idea as they run decay.

How was the Ulamog in your testing.
    Ulamog is okay, he is fine against the grindier decks. Against shardless I remember bouncing him with karakas when my opponent played a lili, replayed, attacking, rinse repeat. He hasn't been amazing but in the longer games he obviously turns the tide.

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...?DeckID=107766

This was my 75 for the GP and local events when I was on Displacer. Basically swapping out the Sower spots for displacer, petal vs ssg or esg. Sideboard was garbage. I also hated not running wastelands but I remember mana being rough. Maybe it was only rough when I was running diamond and factory could be wastelands? Could there be a way to fit in containment priest into the white builds to help with the cheat decks? Also displacer opponents idiot while he is out is fine.

Sep 2015
    Shrewsbury, UK

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...?DeckID=107766

This was my 75 for the GP and local events when I was on Displacer. Basically swapping out the Sower spots for displacer, petal vs ssg or esg. Sideboard was garbage. I also hated not running wastelands but I remember mana being rough. Maybe it was only rough when I was running diamond and factory could be wastelands? Could there be a way to fit in containment priest into the white builds to help with the cheat decks? Also displacer opponents idiot while he is out is fine.
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...Thalia-Stompy/ is where some guys are talking about a white splash with containment priests, Thalia and eldrazi stuff. Might be worth your time checking out.

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Landed in Louisville going to test slight alternation to stock list details tomorrow night. If anyone wants to meet up private message me and we can collaborate tomorrow.

Landed in Louisville going to test slight alternation to stock list details tomorrow night. If anyone wants to meet up private message me and we can collaborate tomorrow.
    Hows the weather there right now? We leave in the morning

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Hows the weather there right now? We leave in the morning
    Weather is fine I'm from northern jersey so the snow quantity is super light, but I've been told that the locals are freaking out for no reason. If you want to meet up to get a sudo team going private message me.

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

4-3 Drop since I was starving.
    Meta seemed Eldrazi hostile

Round 1 - Red and Taxes 2-1
    Round 2 - Dark Maverick 2-1
    Round 3 - Death and Taxes 2-1
    Round 4 - BR Reanimator 0-2
    Round 5 - UR Delver 2-0
    Round 6 - Death and Taxes 0-2
    Round 7 - Shardless BUG 0-2

No miracles players played. Was tired and hungry decided to hang with my friend for the remainder of the time here.
    Last edited by Darkness; 01-08-2017 at 12:02 PM.

So, I have been considering adding 1-2 Worldbreakers main, but don't want to screw with the mana base. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, so this is all theory, but would anyone here see an issue with replacing SSG with Elvish Spirit Guide? I can't think of any, but if someone could, it'd be great to hear about.

Very few Eldrazi decks at the top tables in Louisville.

Why is Eldrazi not doing so well in Legacy anymore at big events?

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    Very few Eldrazi decks at the top tables in Louisville.

Why is Eldrazi not doing so well in Legacy anymore at big events?
    The combodecks are Show and Tell and B/R reanimator instead of ANT. Miracles aren't just dead to Chalice, Delver has evolved and isn't just dead to chalice. BUG is significantly boosted due to Leovold, and true name nemesis' are seing a lot of play again.

Thread Information