Page 113 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2465

Thread: [Primer] Eldrazi Stompy

Re: [Deck] Eldrazi Stompy

Was there a sideboard guide on here?

So, it seems like Spyglass is the new hotness for sideboards. It doesnt run into your Chalices and does a better job than Pithing Needle, i suppose, but my question is why are people not running Phryxian Revoker? I've always favored Revoker over Needle, even before Spyglass was printed, and i dont see a reason to play Spyglass over Revoker now, either.

I dont know, what am i missing? I know Revoker cant name Wasteland, is that really the only reason? The 2/1 body is very relevant, i've found, and I like that Revoker can name mana abilities like LED, Petal, and Food Chain, too.

I hate Spyglass, I think it's overrated.

The information you get isn't really that much of a boon over the 2/1 body that Revoker provides (body for jitte, just beats in general), and if we aren't playing Revokers MD why would we play a Revoker without a body?
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Nov 2007
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    I hate Spyglass, I think it's overrated.

The information you get isn't really that much of a boon.
    I think this kind of statement neglects the drawbacks of revoker. Revoker is as fragile as a body gets not to mention the inability to snipe fetch lands, utility lands and
    Dark depths.

Why sling shit on one or another when you could just evaluate which card serves you better in your scene and go with that? I think revoker is objectively better only against storm so I will implement it to my 75 if I think my chalices and thorns need extra help.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

May 2015
    Philadelphia

I'm running 2 spyglass in my sb for decks with wasteland recursion (I've been running into a ton of ramunap excavators lately) and dark depths combo - both of which I feel eldrazi really struggles with. I'll also bring it in for sneak and show, but those are really the only decks I want them. I also run a 3-1 (sometimes 2-2) split of reshapers/revokers maindeck.

Edit - As I write this spyglass is doing work:
    https://imgur.com/aJGRbpf

obviously revoker would be even better in this situation, but like I said - spyglass is primarily for wasteland/thespians stage which are soft spots for this deck.

May 2012
    New Jersey

Have any of you guys tried batterskull somewhere in the 75? We can get it out of our hands fairly quickly with sol lands, and it'd help recoup some of the life loss we naturally incur!

Nov 2007
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by ryscott85 View Post
    Have any of you guys tried batterskull somewhere in the 75? We can get it out of our hands fairly quickly with sol lands, and it'd help recoup some of the life loss we naturally incur!
    It really sounds tempting until you start testing and your lands always seem to be some combination of temple/eye/cavern and then you realize that five fair mana is too much to reach consistently.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Quote Originally Posted by ryscott85 View Post
    If you look far back enough I wrote up an analysis about it. It's cute but like stated too difficult to reliably cast with the eldrazi lands.

Jan 2013
    Land of Snow and Purple Rain

Re: [DTB] Eldrazi Stompy

This is considered Tier 1 again? Did everyone stop using balefulstrix all the sudden?

Jun 2009
    Detroit, MI

Quote Originally Posted by potatodavid View Post
    This is considered Tier 1 again? Did everyone stop using balefulstrix all the sudden?
    I feel like Eldrazi is favored against Czech Pile. Baleful Strix can only hold off Eldrazi so much, it was much better in Shardless BUG because they followed up a strix with a clock. Against Czech you either make it trade with a Matter Reshaper (1 for 1, and possible even with tempo upside) or you remove it with a warping wail or trample over it with Smasher. And Kolaghan's Command is too slow to beat Chalice, if they spend turn 3 getting rid of it you probably are winning on turn 4.

What else plays Strix? Aluren? that is a tougher match up but you try to race and thought-knot seer the aluren before they can play it. and it doesn't even see that much play anyways. Same strategy against food chain but probably harder match up, but again, not seeing that much play.

Eldrazi never really was that bad, its popularity just waned as people mixed it up after top was banned.

Jan 2013

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    I feel like Eldrazi is favored against Czech Pile. Baleful Strix can only hold off Eldrazi so much, it was much better in Shardless BUG because they followed up a strix with a clock. Against Czech you either make it trade with a Matter Reshaper (1 for 1, and possible even with tempo upside) or you remove it with a warping wail or trample over it with Smasher. And Kolaghan's Command is too slow to beat Chalice, if they spend turn 3 getting rid of it you probably are winning on turn 4.

What else plays Strix? Aluren? that is a tougher match up but you try to race and thought-knot seer the aluren before they can play it. and it doesn't even see that much play anyways. Same strategy against food chain but probably harder match up, but again, not seeing that much play.

Eldrazi never really was that bad, its popularity just waned as people mixed it up after top was banned.
    I suppose goyf and abrupt decay is not as popular as it used to be. Abrupt decay hits over half your board easily, and goyfs are almost always bigger than the majority of your creatures. Might need to resleeve some tentacle monsters

Hi,

I just want to ask what slot on the list is replaceable for me to put in ballistas?

Some of the list I saw that warping wail slots becomes walking ballista slots, some discussion i read on the previous pages, Endless One were the slots to replace for a wallking ballista.

And if im going to use walking ballista how many would it be? some lists consists of 4 copies in the deck. some has 2.

Can you please help me and give me a guide list or maybe explain further the pros and cons of having walking ballista in it?

And also the manabase would differ when we use walking ballista in the Main Deck as compared to the Eldrazi Aggro list that has warping wail in it right?

Thanks!
    Team Budget
    "Deadly When Hungry"

Thinking f finally throwing this deck together (having been a fan since the beginning).
    I have some questions about the mana base:
    1. Has anybody tested running Field Of Ruin with 1 or 2 Basic Wastes?
    2. What do you guys think about running Posts?
    3. Does a singleton Karakas really help out much? I can see decks like Miracles or Enchantress running a singleton because it can replace a Plains; or a deck like Lands that can easily find it. But it seems like quite the random (and off colour) card in a deck where we have a lot of good lands competing for slots.
    4. How necessary are Factories? I see a lot of successful lists running them.
    Thanks. :)
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Jan 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Crimhead View Post
    Thinking f finally throwing this deck together (having been a fan since the beginning).
    I have some questions about the mana base:
    1. Has anybody tested running Field Of Ruin with 1 or 2 Basic Wastes?
    2. What do you guys think about running Posts?
    3. Does a singleton Karakas really help out much? I can see decks like Miracles or Enchantress running a singleton because it can replace a Plains; or a deck like Lands that can easily find it. But it seems like quite the random (and off colour) card in a deck where we have a lot of good lands competing for slots.
    4. How necessary are Factories? I see a lot of successful lists running them.
    Thanks. :)

1. Why when wasteland does it's job better with no drawback?
    2. The Big Eldrazi Version does, the sol land package allows for quicker access to things like turn 1 chalice or thorn.
    3. Some lists use Karakas, some don't. If you're running displacer it makes sense. It's also a non-spell card that deals with gris/emmy/Thalia. Your meta might force your call on this one.
    4. Factories are sometimes your win, they're a great answer to things like snapcaster mage. (block and pump) They're probably the 3rd most important land in the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by potatodavid View Post
    1. Why when wasteland does it's job better with no drawback?
    I think the benefits of fetching a Wastes are:
    • You don't lose a land.
    • You can protect yourself from Moon effects.
    I have seen people claiming they dislike Wasteland because it sets them back. This land doesn't, and it's good vs zero-basics decks as well as troublesome utility lands.

I know it hasn't made any kind of splash yet in the competitive scene. Just wondering if anybody is testing it.

Jan 2013

They still potentially fetch a land which is terrible. It also has a 3 land setup. It's not good... at all.

I've been playing Eldrazi for more than a year now. I played it in a tournament today and went 5-2 (including two byes).

R1: bye
    R2: bye
    R3: Loss against infect
    R4: Loss against BR reanimator
    R5: Win against BU control
    R6: Win against UR Delver, only because his two delvers won't flip 5 turns in a row
    R7: Win against turbo depths

The deck is utterly horrible. It loses to almost anything, except fair decks. I lost against Infect and reanimator. Against Infect I lost on turn three twice, and against reanimator i lost on turn one ( swamp, ritual, thoughtseize, entomb reanimate griselbrand) and turn two.
    The deck also loses against show and tell, lands, UR delver, miracles, big red, decks that play Baleful Strix, and every deck that has blood moon in the sb or main... . Chalice does almost nothing anymore since most decks simply don't care about it and play around it easily, or have enough removal. Not to mention that despite that you play 26 lands, you get manascrewed more often than not.
    I think that this deck is way past its prime and if you want to win a tournament, you should play anything BUT this pile. I for one will be unsleeving my Eldrazi and unless the meta changes drastically, I won't be playing them anymore.

Tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
    Mar 2014

Quote Originally Posted by mulder View Post
    The deck is utterly horrible...
    I can't believe I've read this post.

According to MTG top8 (paper data) Eldrazi decks are putting up better numbers than any other Legacy deck besides Grixis Delver.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimhead View Post
    According to MTG top8 (paper data) Eldrazi decks are putting up better numbers than any other Legacy deck besides Grixis Delver.
    I stand by my point.
    This deck has horrible matchups against most tier one decks: infect, show and tell, lands, UR delver (Price of Progress anyone?), miracles, big red, decks that play Baleful Strix, czech pile, every deck that has blood moon. Or am I seeing this wrong?

Chalice does almost nothing anymore because all decks are prepared for it or don't care about it. And apart from Smasher and Seer, the deck doesn't have a lot going for it. The manabase is simply horrible and more often than not, the deck scoops against one single Wasteland.

Thread Information