Page 115 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 2465

Thread: [Primer] Eldrazi Stompy

Re: [DTB] Eldrazi Stompy

Qernavak's list placed top8 out of 75.
    I like everything except the mono-warping wail and the fact he swapped a Jitte for a SoLaS.

After being off Eldrazi Stompy for so long, I took my modified Barook's list to GP Toronto's side events.

1st Run:
    2-1 Sneak and Show
    0-2 DnT (mull to 5 game 2 and die)
    2-1 Sneak and Show

2nd Run:
    2-1 DnT (Displacer being MVP 3rd game)
    2-1 Sneak and Show (Displacer was a king over Emrakul)
    2-1 BU Reanimator (He T1 me G2 when I didn't mull for Leyline)

3rd Run:
    1-2 Mono Black Pox (G2 was quad Sinkholes dead, G3 was double Dark Ritual into Hymn + Lili death)
    2-0 Moon Stompy (G1 he had a 1st turn Magus of the Moon and I had the Dismember for it. Didn't see Bridges both games.)
    1-2 Burn

4th Run:
    2-0 Slivers
    2-0 Infect
    2-1 Grixis Delver

I was impressed with the 9-3 total and still very impressed with Displacers.

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Quick update to my testing. The deck feels strong the grixis match up is still 50/50 like it was prior to my departure from the deck a year ago. Having two Karakas and 3 city’s feels very good. I’ve got about 34 matches in and at a 67% win loss. Current list in my signature. Going to start working on a sideboard guise after 100 matches. If anyone is interested in working on this task private message me.

Jun 2013
    St. Louis, Missouri.

Anyone still playing the Eldrazi and Taxes list? What would an updated list look like?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Once you go Legacy...

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Manroe View Post
    Anyone still playing the Eldrazi and Taxes list? What would an updated list look like?

Here is the thread you are looking for

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Thalia-Stompy

Jun 2013
    St. Louis, Missouri.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Here is the thread you are looking for

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Thalia-Stompy
    Thanks. Sorry for the wrong thread post!

Once you go Legacy...

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Who's going to SCG Worcester? I'm trying to organize an Eldrazi player meet up if anyone is interested.

Jul 2017
    Newfoundland, Canada

Face 2 Face Games hosted the St. John's Classic here in St. John's, Newfoundland yesterday. They had a legacy side event and we had a good turn out from the locals, we had 3 pods of 8 fire, all single elimination. I managed to take 2nd place in the second pod.

My list:

Main Deck (60)
    Creatures (28)
    2 Walking Ballista
    4 Endless One
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Matter Reshaper
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    2 Endbringer

Spells (7)
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Dismember

Lands (25)
    1 Karakas
    2 Cavern of Souls
    2 City of Traitors
    2 Crystal Vein
    2 Mishra's Factory
    2 Wastes
    3 Eye of Ugin
    3 Wasteland
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Eldrazi Temple

Sideboard (15)
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Warping Wail
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Leyline of the Void
    2 All Is Dust

I played the first pod but my first match up was against Pox, what a miserable time that was. Pox did pox things and I was killed by Mishra's Factory.

2nd pod I faired much better.

Match 1 vs Junk Depths.

I had Chalice on 1 game 1 and laid on the pressure quick with Eldrazi beats.
    Game 2 I mulled to 6, believe I had 1 land scry was a land on top. Managed to win this one too as my opponent couldn't find any of his pieces. I also managed to get a couple 12/12 Endless Ones on the board which pretty much gave me the game.

Match 2 vs Czech Pile

My god what a grindy 3 games these were. Chalice lock him out game 1 securing me the win. I didn't see a single copy of it in game 2. Game 3 it stuck around long enough to pull me ahead. These games were pretty intense imo and I just made it through.

Match 3 (final) vs Merfolk

I sadly got clobbered but it wasn't for lack of trying. FoW stopped me from landing bigger threats and I didn't once see the copies of All is Dust I sided in to help deal with True Name Nemisis (my god I hate that card lol).

All in all I'm happy with how I did. Still got somethings to learn with the deck and my local meta isn't packing much hate for Eldrazi - I'm sure that's going to change now.

I want to hear more about the rainbow eldrazi decks

the mana base would look something like this,

3 lotus petal

3 eye of ugin

4 ancient tomb

4 eldrazi temple

1 karakas

1 urborg, tomb of yawgmoth

2 city of traitors

4 cavern of souls

4 unclaimed territory

2 corrupted crossroads

what creatures should it play?

some of the choices,

eldrazi obligator, eldrazi sky spawner, drowner of hope, bearer of silence, eldrazi displacer

what is your reasoning?

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Troll_ov_Grimness View Post

3 lotus petal

3 eye of ugin

4 ancient tomb

4 eldrazi temple

1 karakas

2 city of traitors

4 cavern of souls

4 unclaimed territory

2 corrupted crossroads

some of the choices,

eldrazi obligator, eldrazi sky spawner, drowner of hope, bearer of silence, eldrazi displacer

what is your reasoning?
    I think that those decks are fine but only against a field with no wastelands, ie a meta call deck. You are already bad against wasteland as is, adding the colors just amplifies that. Also the colors don't give you cards to help you against your bad match ups. You are good against fair mid range decks, the color cards really only help against them. IMO stick with colorless.

Sidenote I will be posting a new link in my signature for my current testing shortly. I am hovering around a 67% win ratio after about 50 matches. Deck is awesome! Why did I ever leave?

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

My signature has my current project live with a link to the decks I’ve played against and my W/L record. Will be headed out to SCG Worcester tomorrow and playing in the Main event. If I don't make day 2 I'm gonna play modern, if I do expect a detailed report of the two days.

Update:
    3-3 drop deck felt awesome had bad luck on my opponents end and my end. Lots of mulligans overall very happy with deck
    Last edited by Darkness; 03-04-2018 at 05:37 AM.

I played Eldrazi to a 6-3 record at SCG Worcester (cut off for day 2 was 7-2).

4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Eye of Ugin
    3 Cavern of Souls
    3 Wasteland
    3 Mishra's Factory
    1 Karakas
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    3 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Matter Reshaper
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    2 Endbringer
    4 Endless One
    2 Walking Ballista
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Umezawa's Jitte
    2 Dismember
    --
    1 Karakas
    3 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Warping Wail
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 All is Dust

Round 1: James on Mono Red Moon (Win 2-1)
    My opponent was on an unusual list running the full 12 Moons (Blood Moon, Magus of the Moon, and Blood Sun) with Sneak Attack and Through the Breach as his win cons. I've played against similar decks and knew to keep hands with Spirit Guides, Mimics, Ballistas, and Jittes because those were the cards I could cast through a Moon effect. An aggressive Eye of Ugin/ Mimic draw get me there in game 1, and a well timed Sorcerous Spyglass on Sneak Attack wins me the match.

Round 2: Anthony on Infect (Win 2-1)
    Game one I'm on the play and I have a hand with Thought-Knot, Ballista, 2 Ancient Tomb, 2 Wasteland, and Endbringer. Obviously I keep it blind, but I tanked on whether or not to jam a 1/1 Walking Ballista against an unknown opponent. My sketchy play panned out as my opponent couldn't cast any of his creatures for the first four or five turns because they would all die to Ballista. Post-board we have so many tools for Infect, it seems like a very favorable match up.

Round 3: Mike on B/R Reanimator (Win 2-1)
    Pretty quick games. I lose game one because I keep an aggro hand without Chalice. Game two I have both Leyline and Chalice of the Void X=1 on turn one. game three I have a Leyline which he eventually casts Wear/Tear on, but I am able to play an Endbringer and neutralize his threat while pinging him for one damage a turn.

Round 4: Edgar on Czech Pile (Loss 0-2)
    The most lopsided games against my favor all weekend. Game one I cast a Thought-Knot into his Leovold, which is promptly Fatal Pushed, a fun interaction that nets him 2 cards, including a Baleful Strix. Game two I Thought-Knot him and see Abrupt Decay, Lightning Bolt, Fatal Push, Snapcaster Mage, and Toxic Deluge. Can't beat that.

Round 5: Thomas on Punishing Jund (Win 2-0)
    From the first Eldrazi Mimic I cast, my opponent visibly lacks confidence, doesn't seem to think he can beat Eldazi and pretty much hands me the game. Game two I bring in some Leylines of the Void (maybe two copies - I forget, but not all four) and hit one in my opening 7. Now that he's off Tarmogoyf, Deathrite, and Punishing Fire, I force him to overextend into an All is Dust.

Round 6: Dan on Sneak & Show (Win 2-1)
    Didn't take many notes for these games. S&S feels like a slightly disfavorable match up.

Game three I mull to five cards and keep City of Traitors, Wasteland, Thorn of Amethyst, Endless One, and Endbringer on the play. I play City into Thorn on turn one. He plays a Volc and passes. Turn two I draw a Simian Spirit Guide and decide I need to get pressure on the board. I cast a 3/3 Endless One off City and SSG and Wasteland my opponent. However I missed my City of Traitors trigger and pass the turn. My opponent doesn't notice it either. For two turn cycles, I draw an uncastable spell, attack for 3 and pass. Then we realize I missed my City of Traitors trigger and a Judge gets called over to the table. The floor Judge clearly doesn't know what to do, and calls the Head Judge. I get pulled aside from the table and basically interrogated (he suspects I'm cheating) to the point where he asks me how long I've been playing Eldrazi, what my game plan for the Sneak and Show match up was etc. Given that I hadn't even used the City of Traitors for mana since it was supposed to have been sacrificed, he ends up giving me a missed trigger warning and we continue playing. I ended up winning that game without playing another card, just by attacking for 3 every turn with a Thorn of Amethyst in play. Weird.

Round 7: Justin on Aggro Loam (Loss 1-2)
    I play a Chalice X=1 game one and quickly realize it does nothing. His Knights of the Reliquary are larger than my Eldrazi and he has time to tutor up Maze of Ith. We get into a topdeck war in which he gets Liliana of the Veil and Scavenging Ooze. I lose. Game two I have the nut Eye/Mimic aggro draw and game three he outgrinds me again.

Round 8: John on Sneak & Show (Loss 1-2)
    All three games were pretty much uninteractive races to zero and he wins the die roll and has the faster deck.

Round 9: Ameth on B/R Reanimator (Win 2-0)
    I cast an early Reality Smasher. My opponent Gets a Griselbrand with Animate Dead, draws 7 and passes. I topdeck another Smasher and attack with both. He blocks and I Dismember Griselbrand. We do combat math and he tells me he gains 7 life. I'm like "wait, what?" I call a Judge over to the table and explain that he should be gaining one life off his 1/2 (dismember+animate dead) Griselbrand and I trample over for 8. Of course the Judge agrees with me, and the Griselbrand dies.
    Game two He gets a Tidespout Tyrant and I dismember it. Then he Animates it again and I dismember it again. Then I kill him with some 4/4's.

Anyway, the list was pretty good. I probably want a fourth Wasteland though. Also a huge Congrats to my friends from my LGS Dylan Hand and Noah Walker on their respective Top8s. They're certainly better players than I am. Until next time, Legacy is sweet.
    Last edited by TinkerRobot; 03-08-2018 at 08:48 PM.
    Legacy - all flavors of Delver, UB Shadow, Eldrazi Stompy, UBx Reanimator, some UBx midrange piles
    Modern - Prowess, Traverse Shadow
    Pioneer - UW Aggro

Quote Originally Posted by Troll_ov_Grimness View Post

3 lotus petal

3 eye of ugin

4 ancient tomb

4 eldrazi temple

1 karakas

2 city of traitors

4 cavern of souls

4 unclaimed territory

2 corrupted crossroads

some of the choices,

what is your reasoning?
    This is the current version I'm playing:

The mana base is almost identical to what you show, but +1 Wastes -1 Corrupted Crossroads

Why Wastes?
    Your most power cards, in order are: Chalice, TKS, Reality Smasher. You want to ensure having answers to Blood Moon effects in the main board to cast the latter two. Also, having Wastes will let you get a land from Ghost Quarter, Path to Exile and Veteran Explorer. The consistency gain by replacing said Wastes with Crossroads is definitely smaller than the benefits of having a Wastes.

Deck Choices
    The rest of the creatures each fulfill different roles over a curve. You also gain evasion with Skyspawner and Bearer; Pseudo evasion/removal with Displacer and Drowner.

I noticed that many seem the 4x Ballista as too many; but in my experience, this card is very versatile in dealing with troublesome matchups. The most relevant function is eliminating opposing Baleful Strix.

The 1x mb 1x sb Karakas is in response to the growing presence of Turbo Depths and RB Reanimator.

The +1 Sword of (Fire and Ice OR Light and Shadow) is a tech borrowed from Steel Stompy. According to Amadeus (the most successful pilot of that deck) the Sword is more powerful in the current meta full of TNN and Strix. I have tried both swords and I somewhat agree that is very castable and usable, and that it helps in some games that would otherwise be unwinnable. On the other hand it's still not clear whether the tempo loss has cost me other games. But so far, it seems like the substitution is very viable.

Isn't the colorless version better?
    The colorless version is faster and more consistently deployed. The colorful version gives you more flexibility and consistency across multiple archetypes. Or in other words, for example many of your 65% matchups become 62% but your 45% matchups become 53%. Most notable examples where you GAIN win%: Show and Tell, Reanimator, Turbo Depths, Grixis Delver, D&T, Elves. Most notable examples of REDUCTION in win%: BUG control/delver, Moon Stompy, Miracles, Eldrazi Post, Storm, Burn

How does it fair vs. Wasteland?
    I believe that both the colorless and the colorful versions are affected in a similar proportion by Wasteland. The color requirement is almost always met even under pressure from Wastelands, the problem is when opponents deploy early wastelands with pressure and we fail to draw sufficient Sol lands, which would be the same issue with the colorless version.

Anyhow, just my input, I hope it helps.

May 2015
    Philadelphia

I've also found the list to be fun and relatively competitive. Qernavak's analysis is pretty spot on, but I'd put more emphasis on consistency. Consistency translates into wins as any cantrip loving magic person will tell you. Adding color just makes it less consistent, but infinitely more fun and versatile. Here's my list:

25 Lands
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Unclaimed Territory
    4 Cavern of Souls
    3 Eye of Ugin
    3 City of Traitors
    2 Corrupted Crossroads
    1 Karakas

24 Creatures
    4 Thought-knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Bearer of Silence
    3 Eldrazi Displaced
    3 Eldrazi Skyspawn
    2 Eldrazi Obligator
    2 Drowner of Hope
    2 Walking Ballista

11 Spells
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Mox Diamond
    2 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Warping Wail
    1 Sword of Fire and Ice

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

I played the colored list at a local event and made top 4. My losses were to Elves in the Swiss and then the same Elves player in top 4. The matchup seemed absolutely miserable. Anyone else have that experience against Elves?

Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
    I played the colored list at a local event and made top 4. My losses were to Elves in the Swiss and then the same Elves player in top 4. The matchup seemed absolutely miserable. Anyone else have that experience against Elves?
    Interesting to hear this, I had been considering the switch from Colorless to 3/4/5 color, but I don't want to lose % in that match. Walking Ballista, Warping Wail and Chalice of the Void are such great tools against Elves.
    Legacy - all flavors of Delver, UB Shadow, Eldrazi Stompy, UBx Reanimator, some UBx midrange piles
    Modern - Prowess, Traverse Shadow
    Pioneer - UW Aggro

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

They’re just so fast that an early Ballista for like 1 or 2 isn’t enough. He essentially turn 3’d me every game. Maybe I just got unlucky but it was rough.

Did you guys saw the Dominaria spoilers? Damping sphere is a problem for our SOL lands.

Sure, how much play it will get remains to be seen though. It's a pretty narrow use card.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

May 2015
    Philadelphia

I don't think damping sphere will see much legacy play. Here's my rainbow eldrazi list:

[IMG][/IMG]

Thread Information