Page 119 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2465

Thread: [Primer] Eldrazi Stompy

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Stompy

Seems like the Eldrazis had a good weekend with 3 copies in the Top 16 at SCG Balitmore http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/S...imore_MD_US/1/

I also played my first tournament with this deck and placed 3rd wit a 4:1 finish...

This was the list I played http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=19132&f=LE

My MU´s were:

Round 1: Bye

Round 2: ANT 1:2
    The dice roll decided G1 in his favour because he was OTP and made Probe into Therapy ripping my Chalice, then I had a T3 kill with Mimic which was to slow because he killed me on his T3. Game 2 I totally crushed him with Chalice, double Thorn and TKS...
    Game 3 OTD I mulled down to 6 and kept a hand with Leyline + Chalice but without a Sol land or ape to cast chalice on 1 T1. So I decided to start with leyline in play and play Chalice on zero. It didnt matter in the end because he went off T2 without any LED or Petal and made 12 goblin token, even Leyline was not able to cut his mana enough and he chained two cabal ritual. In my next turn I drew Thorn At the end I died to the goblins and only drew a Matter Reshaper and Endless One. I missed Ratchet Bomb here and I would have boarded it in for the Reshapers left in the MD...
    Super close and unlucky games for me...

In:
    +4 Leyline of the Void
    +4 Thorn of Amethyst
    +1 Warping Wail

Out:
    -3 Matter Reshaper
    -2 Endbringer
    -2 Dismember
    -2 Umezawas Jitte

Round 3: UR Delver 2:1
    Game 1 and 2 were really close games because the power of two colorless mana from Ancient Tomb cost some life. I managed to survive at 1 life in G2. Game 3 I just stomped him with T1 Thorn and T2 Eye into double Mimic and T3 with Smasher/TKS
    The Thorns were really good in this MU but UR Delver is the only Delver deck where I think its correct to bring the Thorns in.

In:
    +4 Thorn of Amethyst
    +1 Warping Wail

Out:
    -2 Dismember
    -2 Endbringer
    -1 Matter Reshaper

Round 4: Elves 2:1
    I had Chalice in all of my games and if I could play good magic I would have won 2:0 but I was stupid and countered a Glimpse (Chalice got destroyed by Abrupt Decay!) and one turn later he killed me with NO, super stupid of me In this game I wasnt able to connect with the Jitte on time because he had Symbiote + Elf to block and bounce the duded before damage.
    The MU was quite easy and TKS, Chalice, WW did a good job. Ratchet Bomb would have been good here also.

In:
    +1 Warping Wail

Out:
    -1 Matter Reshaper

I think we can bring in here some Spyglasses for the MD Reshapers because the Reshapers are super weak here but I didnt boarded them last Saturday...

Round 5: UW Miracles 2:0
    Well what should I say? I just crushed him into oblivion both games, we played another two games after that and went 3:1. I lost one game to B2B. I had really good draws here with Chalice, Thorn, TKS, Smasher but ok...

In:
    +4 Thorn of Amethyst
    +1 Warping Wail

Out:
    -2 Dismember
    -2 Umezawas Jitte
    -1 Matter Reshaper

I think if they´re heavily on Mentor then we can leave in some Jittes and take out more Reshapers. Spyglasses would also be better than the Reshapers but I was new to the deck and did not board 100% correct back then...

The MU´s I faced were good MU´s in general of course.

I tuned my SB to be good vs the Wasteland/Dark Depths/Legendary dudes decks like BR Reanimator, Sneak Show, Turbo Depths, Lands. I also expected some Dark Maverick at this tournament and I think 4 Spyglasses are super important to fight those Wasteland/DD strategies to get enough time to end the game with our fast clock.

Mishra´s Factory did totally nothing and was not really needed at all, most of the time I had stuff to cast with it and no time to animate it. The 2nd Urborg over the 3rd City of Traitors felt good and I was not really missing the 3rd City to be honest but I will test it further to see whats perfect. Warping Wail was really good in the MD and I will play this MD configuration again.

Right after the tournament I switched the 2 Mishras Factory for 2 Karakas to get some space in the SB for 2 Ratchet Bomb. I also cutted the 3rd WW and the 4th Spyglass for additional 2 All is Dust just to be more flexible against the wide field in general. I recognized that if I dont play Ratchet Bomb or AiD in the SB I have nothing or at least not many good stuff to bring in vs TNN decks like BUG or midrange strategys but 11 cards vs combo. I´m aware that Midrange decks are not our worst MU´s in general but I want to replace stuff like WW or something with more powerful cards to get more win % vs those decks, I mean why not making a even MU favourable?

The manabase is still in progress and I will try more configurations but so far I havent missed the 3rd City that much and I really love Urborg for not taking damage with Tombs, transform Eye of Ugin into a Mishras Workshop and casting Dismember without life loss or just taping Eye for a black mana to cast jitte/Chalice/WW.

My new list looks like that:

25 Creatures
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Endless One
    4 Matter Reshaper
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    3 Simian Spirit Guide
    2 Endbringer

10 Spells
    4 Chalice of the Void

2 Umezawas Jitte
    2 Warping Wail
    2 Dismember

25 Lands
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Wasteland
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 Karakas
    2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Sideboard:
    4 Ley-Line of the Void
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    3 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 All is Dust
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Manipulato View Post
    Seems like the Eldrazis had a good weekend with 3 copies in the Top 16 at SCG Balitmore http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/S...imore_MD_US/1/

I also played my first tournament with this deck and placed 3rd wit a 4:1 finish...

This was the list I played http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=19132&f=LE

My MU´s were:

Round 1: Bye

Round 2: ANT 1:2
    The dice roll decided G1 in his favour because he was OTP and made Probe into Therapy ripping my Chalice, then I had a T3 kill with Mimic which was to slow because he killed me on his T3. Game 2 I totally crushed him with Chalice, double Thorn and TKS...
    Game 3 OTD I mulled down to 6 and kept a hand with Leyline + Chalice but without a Sol land or ape to cast chalice on 1 T1. So I decided to start with leyline in play and play Chalice on zero. It didnt matter in the end because he went off T2 without any LED or Petal and made 12 goblin token, even Leyline was not able to cut his mana enough and he chained two cabal ritual. In my next turn I drew Thorn At the end I died to the goblins and only drew a Matter Reshaper and Endless One. I missed Ratchet Bomb here and I would have boarded it in for the Reshapers left in the MD...
    Super close and unlucky games for me...

In:
    +4 Leyline of the Void
    +4 Thorn of Amethyst
    +1 Warping Wail

Out:
    -3 Matter Reshaper
    -2 Endbringer
    -2 Dismember
    -2 Umezawas Jitte

Round 3: UR Delver 2:1
    Game 1 and 2 were really close games because the power of two colorless mana from Ancient Tomb cost some life. I managed to survive at 1 life in G2. Game 3 I just stomped him with T1 Thorn and T2 Eye into double Mimic and T3 with Smasher/TKS
    The Thorns were really good in this MU but UR Delver is the only Delver deck where I think its correct to bring the Thorns in.

Round 4: Elves 2:1
    I had Chalice in all of my games and if I could play good magic I would have won 2:0 but I was stupid and countered a Glimpse (Chalice got destroyed by Abrupt Decay!) and one turn later he killed me with NO, super stupid of me In this game I wasnt able to connect with the Jitte on time because he had Symbiote + Elf to block and bounce the duded before damage.
    The MU was quite easy and TKS, Chalice, WW did a good job. Ratchet Bomb would have been good here also.

Round 5: UW Miracles 2:0
    Well what should I say? I just crushed him into oblivion both games, we played another two games after that and went 3:1. I lost one game to B2B. I had really good draws here with Chalice, Thorn, TKS, Smasher but ok...

The MU´s I faced were good MU´s in general of course.

I tuned my SB to be good vs the Wasteland/Dark Depths/Legendary dudes decks like BR Reanimator, Sneak Show, Turbo Depths, Lands. I also expected some Dark Maverick at this tournament and I think 4 Spyglasses are super important to fight those Wasteland/DD strategies to get enough time to end the game with our fast clock.

Mishra´s Factory did totally nothing and was not really needed at all, most of the time I had stuff to cast with it and no time to animate it. The 2nd Urborg over the 3rd City of Traitors felt good and I was not really missing the 3rd City to be honest but I will test it further to see whats perfect. Warping Wail was really good in the MD and I will play this MD configuration again.

Right after the tournament I switched the 2 Mishras Factory for 2 Karakas to get some space in the SB for 2 Ratchet Bomb. I also cutted the 3rd WW and the 4th Spyglass for additional 2 All is Dust just to be more flexible against the wide field in general. I recognized that if I dont play Ratchet Bomb or AiD in the SB I have nothing or at least not many good stuff to bring in vs TNN decks like BUG or midrange strategys but 11 cards vs combo. I´m aware that Midrange decks are not our worst MU´s in general but I want to replace stuff like WW or something with more powerful cards to get more win % vs those decks, I mean why not making a even MU favourable?

The manabase is still in progress and I will try more configurations but so far I havent missed the 3rd City that much and I really love Urborg for not taking damage with Tombs, transform Eye of Ugin into a Mishras Workshop and casting Dismember without life loss or just taping Eye for a black mana to cast jitte/Chalice/WW.

My new list looks like that:

25 Creatures
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Endless One
    4 Matter Reshaper
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    3 Simian Spirit Guide
    2 Endbringer

10 Spells
    4 Chalice of the Void

2 Umezawas Jitte
    2 Warping Wail
    2 Dismember

25 Lands
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Wasteland
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 Karakas
    2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Sideboard:
    4 Ley-Line of the Void
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    3 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 All is Dust
    Awesome stuff glad the deck performed well for you. I am thinking of cutting my Oblivion Sowers with the rise of Turbo Depths the Meta is speeding up and Czech Pile seems to be on a decline. I will probably replace it for a mix of Endbringer and Warping Wail in my Main and then open up some sideboard slots. How was the 4th copy of Spyglass for you?

Edit: Expect my SB guide sometime Tuesday, I am only doing the current decks I consider the DTB and the ones you should expect to see during your Swiss at a large event. I am also doing a match explanation per Archetype for it and will add to it going forward.
    Last edited by Darkness; 05-12-2018 at 06:36 AM.

hey all,

thinking of buying into the deck as it seems strong and i have most of the cards aside from the creatures. a few quick questions -

what do you think is most fun about playing the deck?

can the deck function without Cavern of Souls? that is the main money card I don't have, and I was thinking I'd play a full set of factories instead while I slowly pick up the caverns

Thank you for your help :)
    Don't recall, Don't imagine, Don't think, Don't examine, Don't control, Rest

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by aslidsiksoraksi View Post
    hey all,

thinking of buying into the deck as it seems strong and i have most of the cards aside from the creatures. a few quick questions -

can the deck function without Cavern of Souls? that is the main money card I don't have, and I was thinking I'd play a full set of factories instead while I slowly pick up the caverns

Thank you for your help :)
    Well I enjoy those T1 Chalice T2 Thought Knot Seer T3 Smasher draws where your oponent cant do that much and just get stomped

I played Moon Stompy and Big Eldrazi aka Eldrazi Post before and I like this stompy version the most because its consistent and fast with a good power level. Moon Stompy for example is more powerful but its just a unconsistent pile of shit, I just realized that after playing four tournaments with it.

I think you can play without the caverns at the beginning but then your Delver MU gets a bit worse of course. In all non-blue MU's Mishra's Factory will be superior.
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

hey all,

Personally the explosiveness is my favorite part. Going Mimic into TKS into Smasher, man not many decks can handle that. I do love seeing T1 Chalice and an opponent scoops em up too! The deck is very proactive and most of the time you are the aggro deck, that may change from time to time but it's pretty consistent. The hardest part about the deck is learning the MU and the opening hands you need and can keep, since we have no library manipulation, and how and what to sideboard, which I am in the process of creating a Decks to Beat Guide.

The deck can but as mentioned my Manipulato your Delver and Miracles MU will suffer. That said if you plan on sticking with it I think it's a good choice.

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Have you guys tried Karn, Scion of Urza? I saw him poping up here and there...

I'm thinking about replacing 2 All is Dust or 2 Ratchet Bomb with him but I'm not sure.

Till now I liked it to board in 4 Thorn vs blue midrange/control decks like UW Miracles and 4c Czech Pile and ride the tempo aggro plan but the Karns have a antisynergy with thorn because I tax my own spells then and 5 non-eldrazi Mana is alot. Same with All is Dust...
    I think if I put 2 Karn into my SB then I should probably cut the 2 Ratchet Bomb so that I have 2 All is Dust + 2 Karn vs those archetypes. When I do that I should not bring in the 4 Thorns because of the taxing effect so the question is do I want to ride the tempo aggro sideboard plan with 4 Thorn of Amethyst or the more midrangey All is Dust + Karn plan?
    I had no time to test both strategies that often so what do you guys think?
    My sideboard with Karn would look like this:

Sideboard
    4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    3 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Karn, Scion of Urza
    2 All is Dust

Or is maybe Ratchet Bomb still good and gaining some percentages vs Delver/Elves/Moon Stompy worth it?

I played a small 3 rounder last weekend and went 1:2 winning 2:0 vs Esper Fearys, losing 1:2 vs Lands and losing 0:2 to Death and Taxes with a T3 Magus of the Moon and lots of equipment in G1 and really mediocre draws in G2.

I find the right boarding plan vs DnT quite difficult to be honest. Normally I would cut 4 Chalice of the Void because of Flickerwisp but they bring in 2 Path to Exile after boarding so we still have 6 Swords to Plowshares + 4 Aether Vial OtP to shut down with CotV and if I board out 4 Chalice then they just flicker my Endless One and plow my Thought Knots and Smashers on time

Those thoughts were the reason why I boarded +3 Spyglass +2 All is Dust vs -4 Matter Reshaper and -1 Chalice of the Void.
    Spyglass was solid but it alone will not win games, the Matter Reshapers are very bad vs DnT I think because of 6 Swords plus 4 Thalia and 2 Mirran Crusader. They have to cut 4 Mother of Runes so they will probably dont have enough stuff out of there SB to replace the Thalias, right?

The 2 All is Dust are also super risky because of there mana denial plan with 4 Wasteland 4 Rishadan Port and the 4 Thalia but if they resolve its lights out and we really have to bring in stuff for those CotV/Reshapers
    Last edited by Manipulato; 05-15-2018 at 12:36 PM.
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Have you guys tried Karn, Scion of Urza? I saw him poping up here and there...

I'm thinking about replacing 2 All is Dust or 2 Ratchet Bomb with him but I'm not sure.

Till now I liked it to board in 4 Thorn vs blue midrange/control decks like UW Miracles and 4c Czech Pile and ride the tempo aggro plan but the Karns have a antisynergy with thorn because I tax my own spells then and 5 non-eldrazi Mana is alot. Same with All is Dust...
    I think if I put 2 Karn into my SB then I should probably cut the 2 Ratchet Bomb so that I have 2 All is Dust + 2 Karn vs those archetypes. When I do that I should not bring in the 4 Thorns because of the taxing effect so the question is do I want to ride the tempo aggro sideboard plan with 4 Thorn of Amethyst or the more midrangey All is Dust + Karn plan?
    I had no time to test both strategies that often so what do you guys think?
    My sideboard with Karn would look like this:

Sideboard
    4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    3 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Karn, Scion of Urza
    2 All is Dust

Or is maybe Ratchet Bomb still good and gaining some percentages vs Delver/Elves/Moon Stompy worth it?
    Karn's power level is high in an artifact heavy deck. On the other hand, you should act with caution in a Eldrazi stompy shell:
    1. Karn's 3rd ability will not be very powerful, and when used will be mostly as a blocker to avoid death.
    2. Karn's 1st ability is slightly worse than a cantrip because the opponent gets to chose which card you get. In that case, getting a random card would be better.
    3. Karn's 2nd ability on 1-card choice is much better than a cantrip; however, the instances of going 1st ability > 2nd ability will be rather uncommon. More commonly you will be playing the 1st ability until the 2nd ability is akin to a tutor effect.
    4. The intersection between MUs where Karn is good and Thorn is good is large. More often you won't be able to cast Karn because if had cast a Thorn earlier.

With the above points in mind, you can already imagine Karn being more of a control power house, or an excellent addition to affinity.

I played a small 3 rounder last weekend and went 1:2 winning 2:0 vs Esper Fearys, losing 1:2 vs Lands and losing 0:2 to Death and Taxes with a T3 Magus of the Moon and lots of equipment in G1 and really mediocre draws in G2.

I find the right boarding plan vs DnT quite difficult to be honest. Normally I would cut 4 Chalice of the Void because of Flickerwisp but they bring in 2 Path to Exile after boarding so we still have 6 Swords to Plowshares + 4 Aether Vial OtP to shut down with CotV and if I board out 4 Chalice then they just flicker my Endless One and plow my Thought Knots and Smashers on time

Those thoughts were the reason why I boarded +3 Spyglass +2 All is Dust vs -4 Matter Reshaper and -1 Chalice of the Void.
    Spyglass was solid but it alone will not win games, the Matter Reshapers are very bad vs DnT I think because of 6 Swords plus 4 Thalia and 2 Mirran Crusader. They have to cut 4 Mother of Runes so they will probably dont have enough stuff out of there SB to replace the Thalias, right?

The 2 All is Dust are also super risky because of there mana denial plan with 4 Wasteland 4 Rishadan Port and the 4 Thalia but if they resolve its lights out and we really have to bring in stuff for those CotV/Reshapers

I'm a big advocate of 4x Walking Ballista in the deck, even though most players here dislike the idea . Vs. D&T Ballista is a powerhouse, and at the very worst, it will buy you enough time to play All is Dust. The Spyglass are also good and should be naming Wasteland/Ports/Aether Vial/ Stoneforge Mystic. I think the key to winning this MU is by stalling as much as possible and executing your AiD. By the way, I advocate playing at least 3x AiD.

Chalice is OK if you're in the play, but in general, I agree with you, they should not come in vs. D&T, they don't have the density of 1-CMC spells to maximize its use, they have several threats that easily dodge it, and they have MD + SB answers.

Cheers,
    -Q

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Qernavak View Post
    Karn's power level is high in an artifact heavy deck. On the other hand, you should act with caution in a Eldrazi stompy shell:
    1. Karn's 3rd ability will not be very powerful, and when used will be mostly as a blocker to avoid death.
    2. Karn's 1st ability is slightly worse than a cantrip because the opponent gets to chose which card you get. In that case, getting a random card would be better.
    3. Karn's 2nd ability on 1-card choice is much better than a cantrip; however, the instances of going 1st ability > 2nd ability will be rather uncommon. More commonly you will be playing the 1st ability until the 2nd ability is akin to a tutor effect.
    4. The intersection between MUs where Karn is good and Thorn is good is large. More often you won't be able to cast Karn because if had cast a Thorn earlier.

With the above points in mind, you can already imagine Karn being more of a control power house, or an excellent addition to affinity.

I'm a big advocate of 4x Walking Ballista in the deck, even though most players here dislike the idea . Vs. D&T Ballista is a powerhouse, and at the very worst, it will buy you enough time to play All is Dust. The Spyglass are also good and should be naming Wasteland/Ports/Aether Vial/ Stoneforge Mystic. I think the key to winning this MU is by stalling as much as possible and executing your AiD. By the way, I advocate playing at least 3x AiD.

Chalice is OK if you're in the play, but in general, I agree with you, they should not come in vs. D&T, they don't have the density of 1-CMC spells to maximize its use, they have several threats that easily dodge it, and they have MD + SB answers.

Cheers,
    -Q
    Hi,
    4 Walking Ballista seems brutal but I'm really interested in your list if your willing to share it with us.
    Have you played some turneys with your Ballista and AiD heavy list? If so how does it went for you?
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Hi,
    4 Walking Ballista seems brutal but I'm really interested in your list if your willing to share it with us.
    Have you played some turneys with your Ballista and AiD heavy list? If so how does it went for you?
    I am more of a MTGO player and usually play in leagues. So far, 4x Ballistas is a plus in my book.

Here are some decklists:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1104402#paper

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=18540&d=315348&f=LE

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Due to financial reasons I will need to sell my competitive MTG collection. I will still be here for advise but will not longer own the deck in paper. Thanks for all the help from everyone and listening to my findings. I will still play on cockatrice.

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Due to financial reasons I will need to sell my competitive MTG collection. I will still be here for advise but will not longer own the deck in paper. Thanks for all the help from everyone and listening to my findings. I will still play on cockatrice.
    Wow that's hard, sorry that you have to do this!

How about your sideboard guide, I could need some advice
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Aug 2009
    Bakersfield, Ca

Sad to hear it. Maybe hold on to Cities? Everything else can be repurchased with far less of a headache.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
    The Reserved List is a) not legally binding, b) antiquated, c) broken, and d) preventative of maximum game enjoyment. Wizards will remove as many cards from that list as possible to increase the fun of their game. Using market research, they can find a balance between printing enough cards to lower a price from $40 to $15-$20, and not utterly ruining their value. This will be both an economically feasible AND sensible move.
    -ktkenshinx-

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Wow that's hard, sorry that you have to do this!

How about your sideboard guide, I could need some advice
    No problem still planning on posting

Quote Originally Posted by bakofried View Post
    Sad to hear it. Maybe hold on to Cities? Everything else can be repurchased with far less of a headache.
    I'll be graduating soon with an Engineering job, money shouldn't be an issue post graduation!

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

No problem still planning on posting

I'll be graduating soon with an Engineering job, money shouldn't be an issue post graduation!
    I got a job, not selling the deck anymore Expect guide soon!

Took Eldrazi to an 80+ man Legacy tournament.
    Played this list:
    4 Thought Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Warping Wail
    2 Matter Reshaper
    3 Eldrazi Displacer
    1 Karn Scion of Urza
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    2 Phyrexian Metamorph (which was excellent the entire day)
    2 Endbringer
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 Eye of Ugin
    2 Karakas
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 Wastes
    2 Wasteland
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

SB
    1 Grafdigger's Cage
    2 Tormod's Crypt
    2 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Wurmcoil Engine
    3 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Dismember
    2 Spellskite
    2 Null Rod (was expecting some Steel Stompy)

R1: Bye
    R2: 0-2 loss against czech Pile. Maindeck Toxic Deluge, Kolaghan's Command, Baleful Strix and Hymn to Tourach and a load of removal is not what you want to face... .
    R3: 2-0 win against Infect
    R4: 2-0 win against Grixis. Opponent mulls to five cards twice... .
    R5: 2-0 win against Dredge
    R6: 2-0 win against Turbo Lands. Thanks to an Endbringer keeping the Marit Lage under control... .
    R7: 2-1 win against Grixis

Top 8: Loss against Miracles. This matchup is absolutely horrible. Before sideboard you have the advantage, but after SB it's like 90-10 in their advantage. Back to Basics, Disenchants for your Chalices / Thorns,... . Any good SB tips against this deck?

All in all, pretty happy with the deck. The Displacers were excellent in controlling the board and removing blockers / attackers and form a nice combo with Metamorph. The maindeck Thorns got sided out a few times but they were worth a maindeck spot. When your opponent's cantrips and planeswalkers start costing 1 or 2 mana more it slows their clock enormously, while having no effect on 90% of the cards you play.

Quote Originally Posted by mulder View Post
    Took Eldrazi to an 80+ man Legacy tournament.
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 Eye of Ugin
    2 Karakas
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 Wastes
    2 Wasteland
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    How did the 4 City of Traitors and 2 Eye of Ugin do vs. the more traditional 2 or 3 traitors and 3 Eye or Ugin?

I see you have 2 wastes to get around back to basics and blood moon a bit. From a cost/benefit perspective, did that do well compared to the extra wasteland you would have been running otherwise?

thanks.
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by ksesler View Post
    How did the 4 City of Traitors and 2 Eye of Ugin do vs. the more traditional 2 or 3 traitors and 3 Eye or Ugin?

I see you have 2 wastes to get around back to basics and blood moon a bit. From a cost/benefit perspective, did that do well compared to the extra wasteland you would have been running otherwise?

thanks.
    Keith
    In a wasteland-heavy meta, I use to run up to 4 Eyes (with 2 Urborgs), but never more than 2 City of Traitors.
    4 Citys are ok when you need 2 sol lands on T2 to lock / close the game (eg Dragon Stompy, Steel Stompy), but here we have a higher curve and we have to be able to throw All Is Dust or a big threat around T4/5 max.

In the same way, I really feel that 4 Wasteland is too much.
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

So new meta = Miracles//RUG Delver//Maverick//Combo decks//Lands//Stoneblade. WE GOT THIS!

Edit: Stoneblade about 7 minutes after this post.

So new meta = Miracles//RUG Delver//Maverick//Combo decks//Lands. WE GOT THIS!
    I would add DnT to that list but other than that I agree with it.

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ayiluss View Post
    I would add DnT to that list but other than that I agree with it.
    Maverick is DnT replacement, if you placed legacy pre-DRS printing you'd would know what I'm talking about. Also editing in Stoneblade variants too.

Thread Information