Page 122 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124 LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 2465

Thread: [Primer] Eldrazi Stompy

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Stompy

Had another 4:1 today at my LGS today, really enjoying this Deck.
    I mulled alot and aggressiv but it worked out fine in the end. I wouldnt change anything right now because its just stone cold solid.
    My draw luck left me alone in R4 vs my 2nd Elves oponent.

4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Endless One
    4 Matter Reshaper
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    3 Simian Spirit Guide
    2 Walking Ballista
    2 Endbringer

4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Umezawa’s Jitte
    2 Dismember

4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    2 Mishra's Factory
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Sideboard
    4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    3 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Warping Wail

Round 1: BR Reanimator 2:1
    Round 2: Elves 2:1
    Round 3: Mervolk 2:0
    Round 4: Elves 0:2
    Round 5: UB Death's Shadow 2:0
    4:1

Round 1: BGW Pile 2:0
    Round 2: DnT 2:0
    Round 3: Big Eldrazi 2:1
    Round 4: DnT 2:0
    Round 5: Bant Enchantress 1:2
    4:1
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Jun 2012
    Konstanz, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Hopo View Post
    I don't see Ballista in this deck. It's not eldrazi so you can hardly cheat on mana. Same with Wurmcoil Engine, which is close to uncastable.
    It's just that I changed my non-Monolith list to fit 4 Ballista and I never want to go back despite the fact that yes, they are not Eldrazi and I mostly cast them for X=1 or 2. I suppose Endbringer fills that role in the Monolith version, since you can cast it faster and more often? I'm just trying to make sense of the differences in the builds. On Wurmcoil, I'm absolutely with you.

Nov 2007
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by wortwelt View Post
    It's just that I changed my non-Monolith list to fit 4 Ballista and I never want to go back despite the fact that yes, they are not Eldrazi and I mostly cast them for X=1 or 2. I suppose Endbringer fills that role in the Monolith version, since you can cast it faster and more often? I'm just trying to make sense of the differences in the builds. On Wurmcoil, I'm absolutely with you.
    Yes, Endbringer fulfills ~all your pinging needs. To me, this deck does broken things with undercosted massive threats and Ballista doesn't quite get there. You shouldn't be pinging weenies or bears, you should be running people over with powerful monsters. I can see this changing in different metagame but Ballista is close to useless with this mana base when you're facing those Anglers and Shadows all the time.

What it comes to this version of eldrazi aggro, your threats are bigger than in traditional aggro eldrazi and therefore more immune against fatal push and decay. 6-drops give you more game against Anglers and Tarmogoyfs while Monolith allows them to come to online very much ahead of curve. Monolith and Sower also give you resiliency against Blood Moon. You lose the fast mimic kills, though.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Re: [DTB] Eldrazi Stompy

DtB again <3
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Jul 2017
    Newfoundland, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Manipulato View Post
    DtB again <3
    That's why I love this deck. I need to update my list though.
    Play All The Decks!

Almost all of the Top 8s are from Eldrazi Post lists that play the Cloudpost manabase. Traditional Eldrazi lists (non Post lists) just aren’t as effective. So it seems silly that this thread gets bumped to DTB status despite its poor performance while Eldrazi Post thread that is responsible for all the Top 8 lists goes ignored.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy#paper

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Almost all of the Top 8s are from Eldrazi Post lists that play the Cloudpost manabase. Traditional Eldrazi lists (non Post lists) just aren’t as effective. So it seems silly that this thread gets bumped to DTB status despite its poor performance while Eldrazi Post thread that is responsible for all the Top 8 lists goes ignored.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy#paper
    I know what you mean but its not like the post version is responsible for 70% of the top 8s or something, the numbers are mixed yes but if you look at mtgtop8.com then you see 80% aggro versions for example

https://www.mtgtop8.com/archetype?a=553&meta=72&f=LE
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Nov 2007
    Finland

I played the deck quite badly last weekend but I really wanted to share that I got to play Sorcerous Spyglass when my opponent had 4 Verdant Catacombs in hand.
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

May 2016
    The Netherlands

in what stompy universe is endbringer better than oblivion sower and balista better than jitte? 3 eyes over 4 eyes, lol people should do more testing,thats for sure.

i whould probably play an eldrazi post list these days, because there is not much need for the spirit guide (tempo is almost gone). something like this (with more smashers and less spyglasses i guess):

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1360118#paper
    Eldrazi stompy list: http://www.mtggoldfish.com/player/noloam

sideboard guide can be found on page 84

Wb ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Hopo View Post
    I played the deck quite badly last weekend but I really wanted to share that I got to play Sorcerous Spyglass when my opponent had 4 Verdant Catacombs in hand.
    You've beaten me.
    I only managed to hit 3 Polluted Delta when my opponent had 1 in hand and then drew 2 in the next 2 turns.

I update the thread with the last important results from Eldrazi (I'm thinking to buy again the cards that I miss to play it, even if this deck deluded me time ago).

Eldrazi Aggro from Teruya Kakumae: first place in GP Shizuoka and undefeated during the day 1.

1 Endbringer
    1 Simian Spirit Guide
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    3 Oblivion Sower
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Endless One
    4 Matter Reshaper
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Grim Monolith
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 City of Traitors
    3 Eye of Ugin
    3 Wastes
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard:
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    3 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

What do you think about the lack of Karakas, even with a maindeck Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger? I'm thinking about that may be better than a single Simian Spirit Guide.
    Last edited by Alex_UNLIMITED; 12-10-2018 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UNLIMITED View Post
    I update the thread with the last important results from Eldrazi (I'm thinking to buy again the cards that I miss to play it, even if this deck deluded me time ago).

Eldrazi Aggro from Teruya Kakumae: first place in GP Shizuoka and undefeated during the day 1.

1 Endbringer
    1 Simian Spirit Guide
    3 Oblivion Sower
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Endless One
    4 Matter Reshaper
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Grim Monolith
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 City of Traitors
    3 Eye of Ugin
    3 Wastes
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard:
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    3 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

What do you think about the lack of Karakas, even with a maindeck Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger? I'm thinking about that may be better than a single Simian Spirit Guide.

I like it kinda... I think the torn shouod be dismember in the American meta mayne even a warping wale over another card... Karakas woukd be cool but do you want 27 lands? Id cut a cavern personally but I'd also still play 25 lands total and play removal... The bridges in the board are sick tech vs sns sure if the omni kill you whatever but stopping Emmy and gdaddy is nice cause sns players know how to play against katakana now. So that leaves Reanimator and lands... Kinda....

May 2012
    New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UNLIMITED View Post

1 Endbringer
    1 Simian Spirit Guide
    3 Oblivion Sower
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Endless One
    4 Matter Reshaper
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Grim Monolith
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 City of Traitors
    3 Eye of Ugin
    3 Wastes
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard:
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    3 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    3 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

I like it a lot! Playtesting with it has been awesome. The more stable manabase and sowers are great against moon! My only real gripe with the 75 is it’s weakness to flyers. Several times I’ve had people land delvers against me and ride them to victory since I didn’t draw the jitte. The ratchet bombs are good, but often times felt too slow as a solution. Unlike noloam, I personally prefer more Endbringers though as they are great at picking off delvers and stalling large monsters that tend to end the game quickly.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

What matchups are thorns not worth having?

Trying to understand the reason why people don't maindeck thorns with this. I expect some matchups don't warrant chalice + thorns, but curious to hear what those are.

Thanks

Elves
    Mirror
    Dnt
    Others?
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    What matchups are thorns not worth having?

Trying to understand the reason why people don't maindeck thorns with this. I expect some matchups don't warrant chalice + thorns, but curious to hear what those are.

Thanks

Elves
    Mirror
    Dnt
    Others?
    Thorns does not do anything against any creature based deck, like:
    - Maverick
    - NicFit
    - Goblins
    - Death's Shadow

Further more I think Thorn is not that useful against control decks (miracles, grixis control). It slows them down a bit, but usually they are set up to make their land drops. Especially Grixis Control will just play a Strix and sit behind it.

Last: What would you cut to put thorns in?

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

not sure, i'll have to jam some games first to see how often i bring them in.

is thorn really not good vs a deck like miracles, which wants to cantrip on average generally once per turn? they also have B2B which would then cost 4 mana. makes sense with grixis though.

was only thinking about it more because the steel stompy tends to run 8 prison effects maindeck.
    -rob

No stack or hand interaction at all maindeck, not even Thought-Knot Seer? Chalice, Wail, Leyline out of the sideboard, but still... Were his matchups all against Death and Taxes and slow control? If I was playing a combo deck and lost to this I'd feel pretty down on myself. Just have to beat a Chalice by like turn 4?

Jun 2012
    Konstanz, Germany

The new Ugin seems sweet for a slightly go bigger variant of the Stompy build. He protects himself, makes your follow ups cheaper and deals with problem permanents (missing on Ensnaring Bridge, which is kind of a bummer). I imagine a build with 3-4 Grim Monolith to be a good fit.

Ugin, the Ineffable - 6
    Colorless spells you cast cost 2 less to cast.
    +1: Exile the top card of your library face down and look at it. Create a 2/2 colorless Spirit creature token. When that token leaves the battlefield, put the exiled card in your hand.
    -3: Destroy target permanent that's one or more colors.
    Starting loyalty 4

Thread Information