Page 51 of 124 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2465

Thread: [Primer] Eldrazi Stompy

MTGO Name: Adelorenzi
    Mar 2009

Re: [DTB] Eldrazi Stompy

It is interesting that you don't bring in Ratchet Bomb for Tempo decks. It has been my bread and butter, killing Tarmos/Flipped Delvers/Pyromancer Tokens/DRS

May 2016
    The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by ironclad8690 View Post
    It is interesting that you don't bring in Ratchet Bomb for Tempo decks. It has been my bread and butter, killing Tarmos/Flipped Delvers/Pyromancer Tokens/DRS
    rachet bomb also blows up jitte and mimic on 2. i think racing back with uncounterable creatures is a better plan, than walking into pierce or daze turn 2 with a bomb. beside that, what do you cut for the bombs?
    Eldrazi stompy list: http://www.mtggoldfish.com/player/noloam

sideboard guide can be found on page 84

Mar 2009

I've been cutting the Thorns, haven't been bringing in Needles. I tried the Needle plan yesterday and I was wishing I had more removal instead.

Dec 2014
    Seattle Area

so I'm here at gpcolumbus and it looks like the meta is lots of s&t and omnitell ... glad to be playing the W/g version ...

any ideas on minor changes to make the matchups more in our favor ?? ....

Mar 2009

I think you want more Karaki/Needle effects/Containment Priest for Sneak and Show and more Sphere effects/Rule of Law effects for Omnitell. I wouldn't hedge too hard though.

So guys, after 50 matches with Noloams list, here are my results:

Elves: 1-0
    Reanimator: 2-0
    Manaless Dredge: 1-0
    Enchantress: 1-0
    UWR Delver: 1-0
    RUG Delver: 1-0
    Miracles: 6-1
    Ad Nauseam Tendrils: 6-2
    Grixis Delver: 2-1
    Shardless BUG: 2-1
    Grixis Control: 2-1
    UR Delver: 1-1
    Infect: 1-3
    Eldrazi: 1-3
    Sneak and Show: 0-2
    Belcher: 0-1
    BUG Delver: 0-2
    Bant: 0-1
    Deathblade: 0-2
    Junk Stoneblade: 0-2

All that combines to a 56% win percentage. Some instances were variance, such as the Eldrazi matchup, but perhaps some information can be gleaned from this. Not sure if I am going to move forward with this list, especially since Barook is enjoying a ~70% win somehow. Open to tips to improve the matches I am losing.

Good luck everyone in Prague and Columbus. I'll have my try tomorrow here in Prague.

May 2016
    The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by ironclad8690 View Post
    I think you want more Karaki/Needle effects/Containment Priest for Sneak and Show and more Sphere effects/Rule of Law effects for Omnitell. I wouldn't hedge too hard though.

So guys, after 50 matches with Noloams list, here are my results:

Elves: 1-0
    Reanimator: 2-0
    Manaless Dredge: 1-0
    Enchantress: 1-0
    UWR Delver: 1-0
    RUG Delver: 1-0
    Miracles: 6-1
    Ad Nauseam Tendrils: 6-2
    Grixis Delver: 2-1
    Shardless BUG: 2-1
    Grixis Control: 2-1
    UR Delver: 1-1
    Infect: 1-3
    Eldrazi: 1-3
    Sneak and Show: 0-2
    Belcher: 0-1
    BUG Delver: 0-2
    Bant: 0-1
    Deathblade: 0-2
    Junk Stoneblade: 0-2

All that combines to a 56% win percentage. Some instances were variance, such as the Eldrazi matchup, but perhaps some information can be gleaned from this. Not sure if I am going to move forward with this list, especially since Barook is enjoying a ~70% win somehow. Open to tips to improve the matches I am losing.
    56% percent is very bad. I wonder were it went wrong. Losing that much from eldrazi also seems odd. I always spy playernames on google, to see on what deck they are. If you keep a hand with a lot of thorn/chalice efeect, you are likely to lose game 1 :(. Sneaky show and blade are indeed very bad matches. I am pondering about letting my 1 off macabre go, for 1 endbringer side. Riehu and i think more or less the same about this (@_@)

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I wish everbody best of luck. Eventually, the time will come where I'll join in Paper and I'm eager to do that.

That said: Don't fear the enemy, BECOME THE ENEMY THEY SHOULD FEAR! (No, seriously, the Displacer build and my results in the Legacy Challenge completely changed my perspective on pros. In the end, they're just normal people who lose to variance and bad match-ups just like everybody else in Magic; but they are less obvious to play mistakes, so step up your game accordingly. Now go out and kick their ass without fear! Because fear of big names is your biggest enemy on your way to greatness!)

I either expect Eldrazi completely to fail due inexperienced pilots or rock the top 8 due to people in the know of this thread: Eldrazi is going to place in either Top 8 because it plows through the US Top 8 or it fights through a rather shitty EU metagame (lots of D&T, Lands and Aggro Loam is what I expect compared to the US) through raw power.
    Last edited by Barook; 06-11-2016 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Somewhat sober spelling clean up

[deck]
    Land
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Mishra's Factory
    2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Wasteland
    Creatures
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Endless One
    4 Matter Reshaper
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    Other
    2 Dismember
    1 Warping Wail
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Umezawa's Jitte
    2 Simian Spirit Guide
    2 Endbringer

Sideboard
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 All Is Dust
    1 Faerie Macabre
    3 Leyline of the Void
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Wastes
    1 Spatial Contortion
    1 Warping Wail
    1 Pithing Needle
    [/deck]

I'm testing this currently.

The maindeck for this deck feels pretty fleshed out, you can swap a bit between what you want main or not, for example you can play a jitte less main and a thorn more but overall doesn't matter too much.
    For the sideboard the All is dusts are a must imo, i prefer 2 because I rarely like boarding in the third anyway. The extra thorns and some graveyard interaction are also a must. For graveyard I like leyline the most but I like a faerie too for the surprise factor plus faerie has some fringe usage in the mirror where it's just a creature you can board in instead of a dead card.
    For the rest I find the board rough. I like something like Revoker or needle. Not sure which I prefer, I think revoker actually. I like that revoker is also just a dude you can bring in for the mirror. The deck frequently has many dead cards so i like a generic card like Revoker so you have at least something to bring in. For example in the mirror the chalices and thorns are pretty much dead so I want 6 cards I can bring in at least. Against ANT the dismembers, jitte and endbringers are almost dead so I like a different 6 cards too. A card like revoker helps nicely here because even though it's often just a dork with minor upside that is oftne better than some dead cards you have. I also think an extra land is nice in the sideboard, the delver matchup seems to be lost mostly by just being screwed out of mana by them. An extra land is very useful there. And in other cases the extra land is better than a dud card at least. The extra land also let's you adjust a little bit otherwise, it could be a wastes, gemstone caverns or tower of magistrate (not sure I like best for it yet).

Other card I liked for the board not sure worth it though was Tumble Magnet.

Is anyone is working on the red splash for vile agregate, obligator and sweep effect?

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by benjiman13 View Post
    Is anyone is working on the red splash for vile agregate, obligator and sweep effect?
    U/R with Skyspawner! Dooo ittttt!!!!

cant play as much as he wants

Jun 2010

RW has been pretty good for me so far.
    Most choices pretty basic, regarding the color splashes:
    4 Displacer, 3 Olbigator
    4 Cavern of Souls, 4 Corrupted Crossroads, 1-2 Battlefield Forge, 4 Lotus Petal
    Manabase very smooth

An Eldrazi deck on camera right now playing hangerback walker. That's, interesting....

edit: And smokestack/cubicle of worlds... cool brew.

May 2016
    The Netherlands

5-0'ed today

-miracles
    -manaless dredge (i mulled a 7 card hand with macabre, luckily i didnt get punished and kept a hand with 2 cards and a leyline ^^).
    -landstill
    -rug delver
    -colorless eldrazi

finally got some decent hands. Modo gave me very bad hands lately

Quote Originally Posted by RhoxWarMonk View Post
    An Eldrazi deck on camera right now playing hangerback walker. That's, interesting....

edit: And smokestack/cubicle of worlds... cool brew.
    I've been working on a white eldrazi dtax brew myself. The idea is that displacer bridges the early game so you can stax.

Dec 2014
    Seattle Area

currently 3-2 with barook's build ... in columbus

haven't seen any sneak and show myself just yet ...

beat some bant stoneforge brew round one ... then infect and a great grindy game with jund that I won off the back of a warping wail token equipped with a jitte...

lost a close 3 game set to shardless and then got worked over by burn .... (couldn't find a chalice and when I did he had the sts) ...

so far loving the deck weird not having counter spells tho (I came from delver)

cant play as much as he wants

Jun 2010

Im still having trouble with Shardless, even with Displacers and Obligators.
    Whats your plan there? What do you sideboard in / out.
    Do you cut the Chalices (since they pretty much just have Brainstorm and Deathrite @1) ?

Manged to do 7-2 here in Prague so only need 6-0 tomorrow :D

R1 DnT 2-1
    R2 Painter 2-1
    R3 Storm 2-0
    R4 Infect 2-1
    R5 UB reanimator 2-1
    R6 Aggro Loam 0-2
    R7 Shardless 2-1
    R8 Shardless 0-2
    R9 OmniTell 2-0

Will post possible changes to the deck for live environment later.

@Barook, I think you are in Europe... but if you are at GP Columbus, I owe you a few drinks. Made day 2 with your oldish GW list.

If you are, let me know. 100% serious about buying you a few drinks.

Dec 2014
    Seattle Area

I gotta thank you too barook .... this deck is killer .... I nearly day 2'd .... conceeded my last match to a guy playing lantern control in legacy ... went to a draw in turns and I decided to let him have it cuz he was chasing silver ....

amazing deck and with almost no time on the deck I nearly day 2'd .... it's the real deal ... and they are indeed scared of the displacers ...

Thread Information