Page 120 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124 LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 2465

Thread: [Primer] Eldrazi Stompy

Re: [Primer] Eldrazi Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Maverick is DnT replacement, if you placed legacy pre-DRS printing you'd would know what I'm talking about. Also editing in Stoneblade variants too.
    I played Maverick at that time so I know what are you talking about and I don't think it will replace DnT.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I've been out of the loop for a while - how good/bad is the match-up against the current iteration of Miracles, since they run 2x B2B in the maindeck (and use Mentors as win-con)?

May 2015
    Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I've been out of the loop for a while - how good/bad is the match-up against the current iteration of Miracles, since they run 2x B2B in the maindeck (and use Mentors as win-con)?
    It still feels like a positive MU for eldrazi - something like 60/40

The other day I played T1 TKS, T2 TKS, followed by T3 DOUBLE TKS!

I can't think of a deck which we don't have unbeatable draws against - caveat being we win the di roll.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by contra View Post
    It still feels like a positive MU for eldrazi - something like 60/40
    Alright, thanks.

On a different note: Has anybody tried out a combination of Field of Ruin + Wastes? And if so, how did it go?

Feb 2015
    SF, CA (via London, UK)

Is anyone playing the deck still? Surprised to find the thread all the way down on the third page!

My local meta is infested with Mono Red Prison, so I prefer to play D&T right now :)
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

Quote Originally Posted by ParisFlorian View Post
    My local meta is infested with Mono Red Prison, so I prefer to play D&T right now :)
    Do you prefer D&T than Eldrazi?,never!!!! If in your meta is infested with mono red prison, three ratched bomb in the sideboard are great!!! and one or two Ulamog the Ceaseless Hunger for Ensnaring bridge or Blood moon

Casting Ulamog can be very hard... World Breaker is easier (with Elvish spirit guide + Caverns)
    Ratchet bomb is cute but slow, and can easily be dealt with Abrade / Fiery confluence / Chaos Warp / etc.

Another option is MD All is Dust ; I really like that, but again it is slow, and it doesn't kill Bridge.

And I think we should consistently win G1 as we don't have amazing SB options.
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

May 2015
    Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by Medea_ View Post
    How are things feeling in the world of Moon Stompy? I haven't played any games with the deck post-ban, but I imagine it is in a worse position. I've been playing Eldrazi to scratch my stompy urges.
    Moving this quote from the Mono Red Prison thread -

It's funny I've heard everyone saying eldrazi is good again, but I've been playing eldrazi pre-ban online (casually - 1-2 matches a day) and was able to rack up eight (8) 5-0's and many more 4-1's. I believe this was because every other deck I played was ctrl+c ctrl+v Czech pile or Grixis Delver. My win percentage against pile was 85% and 60% vs grixis delver.

Now that there are goyfs and wastelands everywhere I've had a lot more trouble online.

Here's the deck I had - no joke - a 70%+ win rate with in the pre-ban format:
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/player/Plasmonic

For the new meta I've gone -1 Endbring,-1 Trinispher +2 Oblivion Sower cause it's got a nice donk.

Not saying this deck isn't going to still be a tier 1 deck - but something no one else is saying is that this deck took a huge hit by the ban because it eliminated decks which eldrazi prayed on and brought back decks which are bad match-ups. I would much rather play against Czech pile pre-ban than RUG delver. Miracles is turning into a bad-matchup, and UB reanimator is much harder than BR reanimator.

Jun 2009
    Detroit, MI

Quote Originally Posted by contra View Post
    Moving this quote from the Mono Red Prison thread -

It's funny I've heard everyone saying eldrazi is good again, but I've been playing eldrazi pre-ban online (casually - 1-2 matches a day) and was able to rack up eight (8) 5-0's and many more 4-1's. I believe this was because every other deck I played was ctrl+c ctrl+v Czech pile or Grixis Delver. My win percentage against pile was 85% and 60% vs grixis delver.

Now that there are goyfs and wastelands everywhere I've had a lot more trouble online.

Here's the deck I had - no joke - a 70%+ win rate with in the pre-ban format:
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/player/Plasmonic

For the new meta I've gone -1 Endbring,-1 Trinispher +2 Oblivion Sower cause it's got a nice donk.

Not saying this deck isn't going to still be a tier 1 deck - but something no one else is saying is that this deck took a huge hit by the ban because it eliminated decks which eldrazi prayed on and brought back decks which are bad match-ups. I would much rather play against Czech pile pre-ban than RUG delver. Miracles is turning into a bad-matchup, and UB reanimator is much harder than BR reanimator.
    I think Eldrazi never went anywhere. It is kind of a boring deck and takes a certain kind of person to keep jamming it (like myself). So when the Meta shifted, people are hunting around for a deck and Eldrazi is still good so now its "better" to these people.

I think the last two posts are both correct, if that's even possible.
    I would like to add some.

1. The eldrazi core leaves little room for fantasy. With the notable exception of some players (Qvernavak comes to mind) experimenting with colored builds, the vast majority of the optimal cards for this archetype has been accepted by the community since forever, not that there is much of a choice either. The discussion in this threads often revolves around the same slots (Endbringer vs Sower, 3 Ugins vs 4, Thorn MD) and it is often a meta call. The deck has changed very little since its dawn (back in the days of the eldrazi apocalypse ).

2. Being a non-blue deck, Eldrazi has higher variance.

3. Being a very particular deck, Eldrazi it has very specific strenghts and weakness, and a lot of one-sided matchups (both "autowins" and "autolosses").

I can see why a deck possessing those traits would be prone to quickly rise and fall out of flavour in waves: sometimes it plays out weird, but you can't go wrong with deckbuilding, you know it works, and in the right metagame it's devastating. People are playing goblin tribal right now too, so to speak.

Hey guys,
    New kid on the block here.

I've seen a new list running Grim Monolith instead of Simian Spirit Guide: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1213701#paper . Does it allow more explosive starts ?
    Also, those sideboard Tumble Magnets boggled my mind. Is it for match ups like OmniShow or Reanimator ?

Faerie Godfather

Jul 2005
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Chapo View Post
    Hey guys,
    New kid on the block here.

I've seen a new list running Grim Monolith instead of Simian Spirit Guide: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1213701#paper . Does it allow more explosive starts ?
    Also, those sideboard Tumble Magnets boggled my mind. Is it for match ups like OmniShow or Reanimator ?
    SSG is obviously the more explosive of the two; Grim Monolith doesn't cast turn 1 Chalice. However, Grim does accelerate you into turn 2 Endbringers and Reality Smashers relatively easily, counters Blood Moon and similar effects (providing you with colorless mana to keep doing your thing) and it accelerates your endgame plan enabling activating Eye and casting Ulamog with the one-turn untap window. All the lists with Grim also tend to run some Ulamogs so it's basically just a higher curve version with Grim enabling those while simultaneously working with the stompy plan. Contrast that with SSG, which is purely a short game card with the plan of "I cast my stuff and win" and the difference is more stylistic than anything else. In the world of Moon Stompy, NewMiracles and company though, the longer game plan may be better positioned favouring Grim Monolith builds over the all-in Chalice-at-1 builds.

Tumble Magnets, well, probably. It's colorless removal that works on basically anything. It's not a great card but it can be a roleplayer and probably intended to fight all those decks that cheat big things into play (Marit Lage, Emrakul, Grissy, etc.).

Mar 2007

I've noticed that most lists don't run Warping Wail anymore. Why is that?

With the increase in Shadow, thoughts on adding Serum Powder/Eternal Scourge/Gemstones Caverns to increase the likelihood and ability to turn 1 Chalice? I did this a couple of years ago and the powders also helped hedge against Blood Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    SSG is obviously the more explosive of the two; Grim Monolith doesn't cast turn 1 Chalice. However, Grim does accelerate you into turn 2 Endbringers and Reality Smashers relatively easily, counters Blood Moon and similar effects (providing you with colorless mana to keep doing your thing) and it accelerates your endgame plan enabling activating Eye and casting Ulamog with the one-turn untap window. All the lists with Grim also tend to run some Ulamogs so it's basically just a higher curve version with Grim enabling those while simultaneously working with the stompy plan. Contrast that with SSG, which is purely a short game card with the plan of "I cast my stuff and win" and the difference is more stylistic than anything else. In the world of Moon Stompy, NewMiracles and company though, the longer game plan may be better positioned favouring Grim Monolith builds over the all-in Chalice-at-1 builds.

Tumble Magnets, well, probably. It's colorless removal that works on basically anything. It's not a great card but it can be a roleplayer and probably intended to fight all those decks that cheat big things into play (Marit Lage, Emrakul, Grissy, etc.).
    Thanks mate. This will help me to choose which version to play, regarding my local meta.

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I've noticed that most lists don't run Warping Wail anymore. Why is that?
    I think this is mainly because they need space for 2 Walking Ballista in the MD because of the rise of DnT & Elves.
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

May 2015
    Philadelphia

Quote Originally Posted by Manipulato View Post
    I think this is mainly because they need space for 2 Walking Ballista in the MD because of the rise of DnT & Elves.
    I'm very happy with 1 wail main and 2 SB. I'll probably add a 3rd ballista main in place of a reshape - my last league I played against 3 DnT. I was running a 3/1 split of reshaper/revoker, but reshaper gives so much value against non-swords to plowshares decks.

List for reference:

4 Endless One
    3 Walking Ballista
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    3 Matter Reshaper
    2 Simian Spirit Guide
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    1 Endbringer
    1 Oblivion Sower

1 Warping Wail
    2 Dismember
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Umezawa's Jitte

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cavern of Souls
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    2 Karakas
    1 Mishra's Factory
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard
    1 Karakas
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Warping Wail
    1 Trinisphere
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 All Is Dust

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Hey all I am back for those who remember me, never sold my cards, gonna pick it up again as I have a new job. Expect insight from me soon!

Jan 2013
    Land of Snow and Purple Rain

Is there an eldrazi discord?

Thread Information