Page 52 of 124 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2465

Thread: [Primer] Eldrazi Stompy

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: [DTB] Eldrazi Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by RhoxWarMonk View Post
    An Eldrazi deck on camera right now playing hangerback walker. That's, interesting....

edit: And smokestack/cubicle of worlds... cool brew.
    I would kill for that list. The player made day two.

Edit:
    Last edited by Dice_Box; 06-12-2016 at 03:43 AM.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Made day2 @ GP Prague with Barok's list with a small change (removed a lotus for a World Breaker main) and 1 trinisphere SB (didnt have the 3rd thorn on me :/)

I did 6-3 after being 6-1...

Foodchain : 0-2
    Pox : 2-0
    Esper Deathblade : 2-0
    Omnisneakshow : 2-0
    Colorless Eldrazi : 2-0
    Storm ANT (Carsten Kotter!!) : 2-0
    Aggro Loam : 2-1
    Aggro Loam : 1-2
    Mono-R Painter : 0-2

Day 2 :

I'm @ 7-3 right now.

Belcher : 2-1

Everyone take a bow!! Great work guys.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I'm happy people are enjoying my build and having success with it.

On a different note: A WU build just lost on camera and is now 10-1-1.

At GP Columbus. Made day 2 at x-3 with my list very close to @Barook list

Bye
    2-0 jund
    2-0 maverick
    1-2 shard less
    2-1 reanimator
    1-2 elves
    2-1 mirror
    2-0 infect
    0-2 lands

I punted against elves pretty hard. I punted vs elves at a legacy iq last week. Goal is not to punt to them today.

Will do a full report later, one scenario I must mention now though:
    Game 2 vs reanimator I keep a loose hand of 6 lands, 1 being Karakas, scry saw macabre so screw it play eye and pass. He reanimated stormtide leviathan turn 1. Get a displacer out and keep him tapped down for a good while. Get urborg, cast macabre, win with macabre beats

Mar 2013

Dam, the stax build I think has been knocked out of Top 8 contention. More's the pity, it rocks.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Faerie Godfather

Jul 2005
    Finland

Dam, the stax build I think has been knocked out of Top 8 contention. More's the pity, it rocks.
    He has a highly theoretical chance (at least without seeing his tiebreakers) where he could make it if all the top 6 tables play, and either table 7 or table 8 ends up with a draw. But yeah, chances are he'll fall a game short. That deck is definitely something to consider though; perhaps there's room for further tinkering but it's certainly a great midrange brew.

Mar 2013

http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/c...ckl-2016-06-12

He finished 54th, 33 points and 0.6582 breakers.

cant play as much as he wants

Jun 2010

I strongly doubt the possible gain from "EldraziStax" take since i barely see the upside of mixing those 2 strategys. You somewhat loose the hyper-aggressive Eldrazi Style that just "happens" to throw some disruption along and neither can you pull the full lockdown mode Stax tries to go for.
    Maybe i have to test the list, but from reading it, seeing the streamed games as well as the deck tech, i dont think its a reliable strategy and in no way is it belonging into "Eldrazi Stompy" (aka the Tier1 breed).
    Anyhow, aside from that rather critical evaluation, i think its a pretty deck and is surely to offer to a lot of fun when you pilot it (i just would not pick it up over EldraziStompy or categorize it in this archetype)
    Dont get this wrong - i admire the creativity and love to see someone shipping aside the main stream - i just dont think its even close to being a real contester power-wise.

May 2016
    The Netherlands

im not a hater. but i think that build looks horrendous
    Eldrazi stompy list: http://www.mtggoldfish.com/player/noloam

sideboard guide can be found on page 84

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Are any Eldrazi decks still in contention for Top 8 in Columbus?

Edit: Columbus is also Eldrazi-free in the Top 8

Barely any Eldrazis in top 32 as well. And when there was, it was colorless... I don't get it. Displacers didn't make it, even though it is very strong.

About the staxx drazi player - I think its not a good deck, very meta dependant.

I Went top 32 ( 32'ed to be exact. ) in GP prague with a colorless build.

My matchups where:

Day1

R1 - 0-2 Grixis
    R2 - 2-0 Turbo depths
    R3 - 2-0 Dark maverick
    R4 - 2-1 Grixis
    R5 - 2-0 Burn
    R6 - 1-2 Aggro Loam
    R7 - 2-0 Alluren
    R8 - 0-2 Tezzerator / helm combo control thing something
    R9 - 2-0 Dredge

Day2

R10 - 2-1 Omnitell
    R11 - 2-0 Omnitell
    R12 - 2-0 Storm
    R13 - 2-0 Grixis
    R14 - 2-0 Bug delver
    R15 - 2-0 Miracles

It was the second time I played eldrazi in a tournament, and the first time I played a big GP.
    So I was rather nervous and made a lot of mistakes.
    The first match against grixis was really sad and played really bad because I was nervous. Should be able to win this easily.
    The Aggro loam match I Should have drawn We where in time he was at 7 I was at 7, I had an active endbringer. It was his second to last turn, and he passed to my last turn.
    I'm happy cause I think I won cause I can tutor up a reality smasher hit him, kill him, or something. details are a bit foggy of board state. Anyway, I take two damage from tomb. And yes, I totally forgot about punishing fire. Stupid.
    Cause with the life gains he would have needed to give me I would have just been out of burn rate.
    The loss against tezzerator was really nothing to be done against. That deck just crushes drazi.

All in all, I think the colorless build is the best one and a more experienced player in my position would have made top 16 easily and possibly top 8.

May 2016
    The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by MrDieth View Post
    About the staxx drazi player - I think its not a good deck, very meta dependant.

I Went top 32 ( 32'ed to be exact. ) in GP prague with a colorless build.

My matchups where:

Day1

R1 - 0-2 Grixis
    R2 - 2-0 Turbo depths
    R3 - 2-0 Dark maverick
    R4 - 2-1 Grixis
    R5 - 2-0 Burn
    R6 - 1-2 Aggro Loam
    R7 - 2-0 Alluren
    R8 - 0-2 Tezzerator / helm combo control thing something
    R9 - 2-0 Dredge

Day2

R10 - 2-1 Omnitell
    R11 - 2-0 Omnitell
    R12 - 2-0 Storm
    R13 - 2-0 Grixis
    R14 - 2-0 Bug delver
    R15 - 2-0 Miracles

It was the second time I played eldrazi in a tournament, and the first time I played a big GP.
    So I was rather nervous and made a lot of mistakes.
    The first match against grixis was really sad and played really bad because I was nervous. Should be able to win this easily.
    The Aggro loam match I Should have drawn We where in time he was at 7 I was at 7, I had an active endbringer. It was his second to last turn, and he passed to my last turn.
    I'm happy cause I think I won cause I can tutor up a reality smasher hit him, kill him, or something. details are a bit foggy of board state. Anyway, I take two damage from tomb. And yes, I totally forgot about punishing fire. Stupid.
    Cause with the life gains he would have needed to give me I would have just been out of burn rate.
    The loss against tezzerator was really nothing to be done against. That deck just crushes drazi.

All in all, I think the colorless build is the best one and a more experienced player in my position would have made top 16 easily and possibly top 8.
    gratz! impressive results, especially against omnitell with 0 thorns main. although i think the manabase looks bad in my opinion, i do like the idea of the warping wails in the sideboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Noloam_ View Post
    gratz! impressive results, especially against omnitell with 0 thorns main. although i think the manabase looks bad in my opinion, i do like the idea of the warping wails in the sideboard.
    I'm the other guy ^^.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/c...sts-2016-06-12

The one at the bottom.

So I had revokers, thorn's, wails and endbringer maindeck to combat them.
    Combined with a full playset of wastelands makes this matchup much easier then I expected it to be. Cause I thought it was one of drazi's worser matchups.

cant play as much as he wants

Jun 2010

How good do you all think are Chalice of the Void and Thorn of Amethyst versus Shardless BuG?

+ Chalice@1 hits: Brainstorm, Deathrite
    + Chalice@0 hits: Ancestral Visions (maybe also your own Lotus Petal)
    - But they can just Decay the chalice.

+ Thorn virtually adds (1) to Shardless Agent, since your opponent will have to leave a mana open in case he flips a noncreature spell.
    + Thorn adds (1) to play Visions from suspension
    - But it also hinders your own Warping Wail (that are crucial versus Baleful Strix, Deathrite Shaman and at countering all those Sorcery's they play)
    - It also hinders your All is Dust (which is why i am down to 1 in the SB currently)

What are your thoughts here?
    I currently try to just cut the 4 Chalice 4 Displacer and replace them with 4 Needle 2 Spatial 1 Dust 1 Thorn. The idea here beeing to Needle Wasteland/Liliana/Deathrite (in that order), to have extra removal via Spatial for Strix (such a bummer) / Deahtrite and Agents and 1 All is dust to just have a way to reset the board. I would love to also include the 2 Sower+1 Ulamog package, but i dont think Shardless grants you enough time to actually pull that stunt in many games (allthough more often than not boards are stalled). I just would not know what else to cut there

For reference, here is my current list:
    4 Endless One
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Eldrazi Displacer
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    3 Eldrazi Obligator

4 Lotus Petal
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Warping Wail
    2 Thorn of Amethyst

3 Eye of Ugin
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Cavern of Souls
    4 Corrupted Crossroads
    1 Battlefield Forge
    1 Sea Gate Wreckage

Sideboard
    3 Faerie Macabre
    4 Pithing Needle
    2 Spatial Contortion
    1 All is Dust
    1 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Oblivion Sower

May 2016
    The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by MrDieth View Post
    I'm the other guy ^^.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/c...sts-2016-06-12

The one at the bottom.

So I had revokers, thorn's, wails and endbringer maindeck to combat them.
    Combined with a full playset of wastelands makes this matchup much easier then I expected it to be. Cause I thought it was one of drazi's worser matchups.

yes that list makes a lot more sense to me :). i also pondered about the contortion instead of dismember. it seems great vs delver. dont you think it is annoying that you cant kill goyf most of the times ? im quite surprised you 2'-0'ed dredge with only 2 hateslots side.

Quote Originally Posted by Noloam_ View Post
    yes that list makes a lot more sense to me :). i also pondered about the contortion instead of dismember. it seems great vs delver. dont you think it is annoying that you cant kill goyf most of the times ? im quite surprised you 2'-0'ed dredge with only 2 hateslots side.
    4 hhateslots, 2 faerie and 2 relic.

I won the roll.
    Game 1 - I went t1 chalice in the blind on 1. Wich he just scooped against basicly. He had a mull to 6, so he couldnt naturally discard dredgers wich made him really slow.
    Game 2 - He goes t1 loothing + led, pop led. some ichorids and narco's. I play a thorn and just race him. Thorn makes it so that he can't go crazy with dread return, therapy's etc.
    Dredge isnt really that fast of a deck and with just a bit of desruption you can easily race them.
    I also side ratchet bomb in against them so the zombie's cant get out of control.

I really loved the Spatial contortion.
    It can't kill goyfs. But when I used it, it was always aimed at a delver's head, wich are a bit more problematic. Against deck who don't have a lot of creatures to remove
    you can use it as a pump spell on thought knot, smasher, endless one etc.. So I was never anoyed to have it. And not costing life was such a great bonus cause a lot of my games ended with me being at three or less life.
    I would like to have one extra, but I just can't find the room. Suggestions?

I won't be writing up a tournament reports as I didn't take many notes and I am not sure I could accurately remember all of the details from the games I played over both days. If you have any questions about the list or the matches, let me know. I will do my best to remember the details.

The list I ran and my match-ups are below. Again, big thanks to @Barook:

2 Karakas
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    3 Mishra's Factory
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Lotus Petal
    4 Endless One
    4 Matter Reshaper
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Reality Smasher
    2 Umezawa's Jitte
    2 Dismember
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 Brushland
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    2 Warping Wail
    3 City of Traitors
    3 Cavern of Souls
    3 Eldrazi Displacer
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

1 Warping Wail
    4 Leyline of the Void
    3 All Is Dust
    2 World Breaker
    1 Eldrazi Displacer
    1 Dismember
    1 Karakas
    2 Thorn of Amethyst

R1 - 2-1 Nic Fit (Jund with B. Wish and Scapeshift)
    R2 - 2-0 Miracles
    R3 - 0-2 Shardless*
    R4 - 0-2 Painter (T1 Moon both games)
    R5 - 2-1 Goblins (Won through a Bloom Moon G2)
    R6 - 2-1 Lands (Karakas MVP)**
    R7 - 2-0 ANT
    R8 - 2-1 Dredge
    R9 - 0-2 Shardless

R10 - 1-2 Colorless Eldrazi (he drew the big half of his deck, I drew reshapers and mimics)
    R11 - 2-1 4c Loam (Karakas MVP again)
    R12 - 1-2 Junk Nic Fit (Sigarda is a real thing when you plan on casting All Is Dust)

I dropped at X-5 as I didn't want to put myself in a bad mood, I don't care about the pro point, the rest of my car didn't make D2, and I wanted to get back home in time for the Penguins game.

* The first Shardless match-up I had him at 1 life and his hand was empty in G1 and couldn't find a threat to finish him off. G2 I had a full board (TKS, TKS, 6/6 Endless one). Again, he was empy handed and his only out was Strix into Goyf (REAL big at this point. I think 6/7 or 7/8 because of All Is Dust) and then draw removal the following turn. That's exactly what he did. Yuck.

** I had lost 2 matches in a row at this point and after dropping G1 I had kind of checked out and was on tilt. I let a Gamble and an Exploration through a Chalice on 1 in G2. Luckily, he mulled to a pretty weak 5 and I won anyway.

I did not practice the Shardless match-up nearly as much as I should have. Huge mistake on my part.

Cavern on Soldier
    Nov 2013
    Woodstock, Georgia, America

I started 6-0 at GP Col with this list. Built it the night before and made changes I didn't like and moved some numbers. Ended up losing to Burn, then D&Tx2, decided to skip day two and just play a pile of feces at the SSS. I'll do a report assuming I ever care to play this deck again.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Soldier Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Isn't the reward for an IQ the right to play standard? I'd rather get rickets.

Thread Information