Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Source Tournament #3: Dual Jam 2k16

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

Re: Source Tournament #3: Dual Jam 2k16

No problem about the time zone confusion. 9 AM CET on Thursday is too late for me with respect to work. In case you win, let us aim for doing the finals after your trip.

To both of the half finalists, good luck and have fun! May the best man face me in the final showdown for that awesome Jelly alter ;).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

Super Secret Tech "Ooh...shiny!"
    Jul 2010
    Edinboro, PA

I lost miserably in game 1, but for games 2 and 3, little white dudes got there, a nail biting game 3 though... Yikes!

Fry: 2
    Speedbump: 1

I got my revenge from the Swiss loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Can't understand wanting the new new border if you have a choice, for any reason. You have to be a casual or have rickets.
    Cockatrice: EMFry

Oct 2013
    The Naki, NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Fry View Post
    I lost miserably in game 1, but for games 2 and 3, little white dudes got there, a nail biting game 3 though... Yikes!

Fry: 2
    Speedbump: 1

I got my revenge from the Swiss loss.
    Confirmed.

G1 was a stomping by me, G2 was a stomping by Fry. G3 was a stomping on me by my deck. XD

Great games though, and best of luck with the finals!

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

Well, gratz to Fry! Let's hope I can do the same as he did: take revenge for the beating during swiss ;). Fry, I sent you a message for the final time arrangements.
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

Another tournament to which I haven't participated because I haven't seen it on this forum. The next time you must put a message on the top of the home page, so more people can see it.

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

Fry and I clashed down to the final game and it was worthy of the finals. Game 2 and 3 were two of the most epic games I've played against D&T with storm, and with storm in general. The atmosphere was friendly and the tension real, but in the end Ad Nauseam awarded me again and I saw a sweet play with Chain of Vapor on 2x Petal and 1x Chrome Mox to up my storm count. I took the finals 2-1 over Fry! MVP: Ad Nauseam.

Jul 2010
    Edinboro, PA

Quote Originally Posted by UseLess View Post
    Fry and I clashed down to the final game and it was worthy of the finals. Game 2 and 3 were two of the most epic games I've played against D&T with storm, and with storm in general. The atmosphere was friendly and the tension real, but in the end Ad Nauseam awarded me again and I saw a sweet play with Chain of Vapor on 2x Petal and 1x Chrome Mox to up my storm count. I took the finals 2-1 over Fry! MVP: Ad Nauseam.
    I confirm, he got the play due to the seeding, and won the first game before I got to do much of anything...

Game 2 was pretty crazy and I Flickerwisped his Dread of Night to swing for lethal with Magus of the Moon and SFM.

Game 3 was insane, I got mom turn 1, Jitte turn 2, equip turn 3 bash, turn four bash face for 5 with it and play Wisp on one of my lands... Mean while he's wrecked my hand with Therapies. I had him dead only if he didn't see the play with the bounding his free mana with Chain.

I loved the edge of your seat games of 2 and 3... Especially game 3 due to the Chain play that I've only seen once before... Only would have been better with a win for the Taxes

2 UseLess
    1 Fry
    Can't understand wanting the new new border if you have a choice, for any reason. You have to be a casual or have rickets.

Oct 2013
    Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UNLIMITED View Post
    Another tournament to which I haven't participated because I haven't seen it on this forum. The next time you must put a message on the top of the home page, so more people can see it.
    Useless comment; next time, take a deeper look at the threads.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

"Dredge isn't a deck, it's public masturbation with graveyard triggers."

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    So dismissive.
    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    This thread is great. I've been able to save so much money on seasoning! Whenever I'm eating something bland, I just wander over here to borrow some of the infinite salt.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

"Ah, what a week I wonder how the thread is doing and how the semis are coming al-"

aaaand you're done. And while it's a shock to see as much, I'm glad my demise wasn't in vain. Grats to UseLess and their (presumed) Taiga. I'll be PMing the top four in order for picks.

Also, a poster sent me a message last night offering something to each of the top 8. When I hear back from them and if their offer is still good, I'll let you guys know.

Quote Originally Posted by meffeo View Post
    take a deeper look at the threads.

deeper and deeper...

waaay... waaaaaaay down...

In fairness though, I probably could have advertised a little better. I'm still ok with how it turned out, but I'll try to insert bumps in more mainstream areas next time as well if I can.

Either way, many thanks for organizing it, Jelly! I had an excellent time playing with Sourcers, and am excited for Round #4, which I intend to run with a deck that would make Muad'dib go, "damn!" :D

Oct 2013
    The Naki, NZ

Congrats on winning it UseLess, and commiserations on second, Fry.

Cheers for running the tournament iamajellydonut, it's been fun as always!

RIP whoever has to post anything to me though.

EDIT: iamajellydonut, is your name a reference to "Ich bin ein Berliner"?

Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by taconaut View Post
    excited for Round #4, which I intend to run with a deck that would make Muad'dib go, "damn!" :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedbump View Post
    it's been fun as always!
    :V

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbump View Post
    RIP whoever has to post anything to me though.
    I'm going to hire a man to deliver it via canoe.

And it's totally the JFK speech. Alternatively I use religious extremists and sound effects as my screennames.

Jul 2010
    Edinboro, PA

Quote Originally Posted by taconaut View Post
    Either way, many thanks for organizing it, Jelly! I had an excellent time playing with Sourcers, and am excited for Round #4, which I intend to run with a deck that would make Muad'dib go, "damn!" :D
    Must be dust colored then. I'm excited to see this here brew of which you speak. I'll be trying out something new too... One must look deeper, past the surface to peer into the depths below.

Turns out Useless isn't useless at all! Congrats!

Oct 2013
    The Naki, NZ

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    I'm going to hire a man to deliver it via canoe.

And it's totally the JFK speech. Alternatively I use religious extremists and sound effects as my screennames.
    Haha, if you do that, I might get it before 2020, assuming the delivery man can make it. Not sure though.

Seems like a reasonable thing to make as a username, especially as it's quite a funny gaffe. At least you didn't name yourself after something that gets run over.

For the next one, I'll be on something other than Fireblast combo. Will be bringing in all the spice.

Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Donation to the Top 8 incoming!
    ... and private messages.

As the finals were coming to a close, Plague Sliver (aka James Hsu author of Magic: The Addiction) messaged me and asked if I wouldn't mind him adding something to the pool. I've waited this long to announce it because I'm greedy and wanted to read it first, but now you can have my sloppy seconds. The book, as best I can describe, is the coming-of-age story of every competitive player that has walked this earth. Although it took me a while to get through since I had no opportunity to sit down and read it in one go, I did chew through it as fast as I could, and even anyone who's lurking could probably stand a good dose of it.

This is a link to the thread regarding the book. It even has some of the original posts if you care to scan through.

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...able-on-Amazon

This is a link to the Kindle edition of the book.

https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Addicti.../dp/B01F55014Y

This is a link to the paperback editition of the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Addictio.../dp/1532963874

Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Also, UseLess, clean out yer damn mailbox.

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

Jezus, stop spamming me so much! Never had to clean my inbox this often as with this tournament .

Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by UseLess View Post
    Jezus, stop spamming me so much! Never had to clean my inbox this often as with this tournament .
    Tell me about it. I have dozens of messages saved to notepads on my computer at home. 100 is not enough.

Raise the maximum allowed number stored messages!

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

@iamajellydonut -- thank you for the excellent, heartfelt review of "Magic: The Addiction." I KNEW I found the right guy to read it!

To the participants --

I felt really strongly that I wanted to contribute a little bit to the tournament. You guys are playing in this for the love of the game, and Legacy in particular, so I couldn't help but chip in.

This forum -- the Source -- has been such a huge part of my life over the past 5-10 years. I'm not super active in terms of posting, but all the guys that helped me with my Legacy decks over the years -- from Nitewolf to sdematt to Lemnear to Bryant Cook to countless others -- were Sourcers. I have both versions of the playmat. I have met great people like cdr at GPs and tournaments. People connected because we all love Legacy. That's what matters.

The book talks in some detail about the power of the online community, and The Source is specifically name-dropped with impunity.

Once you receive your copies, I would love to hear your thoughts on how you enjoyed the book. What worked, what didn't, etc.

Cheers
    James aka Plague Sliver
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

Thread Information