Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: BigEldrazi

BigEldrazi

I am testing a new deck which seems awesome so far. It can have a turn (even turn2 with luck involved key) 3-4 10CC win eldrazi in averaged with chalice/though knot backup.
    Those eldrazi have game winning stats when hardcasted doesn't matter if countered or not either being exiled two permanent or draw until 7 cards.
    Coduit of ruin plays a two roles tutoring+reducing cost.
    Miracle is a bye, tempo depends of the version sometimes can be tough.
    Eldrazi is 50-50 depending if they have revoker and metamorph ; death and taxes (3match-0 in testing) is a bye even imperial version are easy, food chain is quite easy ( went 3-1 in match where the loss was due to missplays)
    Merfolk is easy.
    Need to test versus infect.

Bad matchups are : elf, sneak show, land. So endbringer might be good there.

Side is there for combo where you have G1 only 4 chalice and 4 knot. Trinisphere might be better than thorn don't know yet.

I split the basalt and trinisphere too many ramps cards and trinisphere are still very good versus a lot of decks.
    I found endbringer to be better most of the time than conduit particularly versus the bad matchups lands/sneak/elf.
    Decks like miracle are still very favorable.

Bad macthups of the deck are elf/infect/lands.
    Delver/sneak show/burn is tough, depending of the version.

Wurmcoil engine are very good versus burn/eldrazi/tempo

list from Tucane which I like cause it beats delver or tie with it which I had problems with others lists :

Wincons:14
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Wurmcoil Engine
    3 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    3 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Other Spells: 22
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Voltaic Key
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Sorcerous Spyglass
    3 Trinisphere
    4 Thran Dynamo

Lands:25
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Thespian's Stage
    2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Sideboard:15
    4 Walking Ballista
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    4 Leyline of the Void
    3 Confusion in the Ranks

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Vesuva
    2 urborg, tomb of yawgmoth
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost

4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Warping Wail
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

4 Endless one
    3 All Is Dust

3 Voltaic Key
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Basalt Monolith
    3 Thran Dynamo

1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion

SB: 2 Trinisphere
    SB: 3 Wurmcoil Engine
    SB: 2 Warping Wail
    SB: 4 Faerie Macabre
    SB: 4 Spatial Contortion

4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Trinisphere
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    2 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    4 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    1 Emrakul, the Promised End
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Voltaic Key
    3 Thran Dynamo
    1 Basalt Monolith
    2 Karn, Scion of Urza
    1 Walking Ballista

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    2 Thespian's Stage
    2 Eye of Ugin
    2 Karakas

SB:
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Karn, Scion of Urza
    2 Warping Wail
    2 All is Dust
    4 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Trinisphere

An other idead is to add the maze+urbrog+all is dust combo ; in my testing it is better versus delver decks.
    Ancient tomb can be a gamble because of life loss if this turn one chalice doesn't rsolve delver decks can esaily beat you ; on the contrary maze is very good at staliing.
    I have here cut the voltaic key for expedition map cause key is high-variance whereas map can help against early wasteland and is gamebreaking finding eye late game.

I like the ratchet bombs maindeck against back 2 basics and UB shadow with all the one casting cost guys

// 60 Maindeck
    // 19 Artifact
    4 Expedition Map
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Thran Dynamo
    4 Pithing Needle
    4 Ratchet Bomb

// 9 Creature
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Kozilek, the Great Distortion

// 28 Land
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Thespian's Stage
    4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    3 Maze of Ith
    2 Dark Depths

// 4 Sorcery
    4 All Is Dust

// 15 Sideboard
    // 11 Artifact
    SB: 3 Grafdigger's Cage
    SB: 4 Sphere of Resistance
    SB: 4 Chalice of the Void

// 4 Instant
    SB: 4 Warping Wail

old kozilek is better against painter while still good versus miracle and such

List finished 3rd out of 140 people in mkm milan (Caprino) :

2 basalt monolith
    4 chalice of the void
    4 grim mono
    3 key
    3 trinisphere
    4 dynamo thran

1 emrakul the aeons
    1 kozilek butcher
    1 kozilek new
    4 ulamog new
    4 seer

4 ancient tomb
    3 city of traitors
    4 eye of ugin
    4 eldrazi temple
    1 urborg
    2 vesuva
    4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost

3 all is dust

side
    3 pithing needle
    3 spatial contortion
    4 leyline of the void
    2 warping wail
    3 wurmcoil
    Last edited by adrieng; 09-25-2018 at 05:45 AM.

Re: BigEldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by adrieng View Post
    I am testing a new deck which seems awesome so far. It can have a turn 3-4 10CC win eldrazi in averaged with chalice/though knot backup.
    Those eldrazi have game winning stats when hardcasted doesn't matter if countered or not either being exiled two permanent or draw until 7 cards.
    Coduit of ruin plays a two roles tutoring+reducing cost.
    Miracle is a bye, tempo is quite easy if they don't draw in multiple (3-4 wasteland).

I haven't tested the eldrazi matchup. But let's give a try man that's a powerhouse.
    Side is there for combo where you have G1 only 4 chalice and 4 knot. Trinisphere might be better than thorn don't know yet.

4 City of Traitors
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Cloudpost
    2 Vesuva
    3 Eye of Ugin

4 Basalt Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo
    4 Voltaic Key
    4 Grim Monolith

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

4 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    4 Conduit of Ruin

SB: 4 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 4 Faerie Macabre
    SB: 4 Thorn of Amethyst
    SB: 3 Pithing Needle

Emrakul main deck?

May 2005
    Wisconsin

Looks fun. But you might want some more disruption like Ugin or Karn or All is Dust. I think Kozilek, Butcher of Truth is better also.

You have disruption in knot seer which is way faster than karn or ugin and ulamog exiles two permanent in an uncouterable manner is way easier to cast than ugin and karn.
    Conduit of ruin can tempo them. Emrakul is uneeded when you cast the draw seven creature you can counter their spells either being terminus/stp/jace or whatever.

Kozilek butecher of truth is not as good as others new eldrazis.

You have disruption in knot seer which is way faster than karn or ugin and ulamog exiles two permanent in an uncouterable manner is way easier to cast than ugin and karn.
    Conduit of ruin can tempo them. Emrakul is uneeded when you cast the draw seven creature you can counter their spells either being terminus/stp/jace or whatever.

Kozilek butecher of truth is not as good as others new eldrazis.
    Do you play this list? Matchup Vs you play?

I don't own the cards I test only on cockatrice ; I have beaten tempo 4 time, miracle, ant, mud, aggro-loam (two match win and one match lost) not losing others match.
    I know that's not a lot of test but still enough to tell me this deck is a thing.

Sep 2010
    Warsaw, Poland

Let's sum up a little:

We have Turbo Eldrazi thread here - http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Turbo-Eldrazi
    We have Eldrazi Stompy - 10 post hybrid here - http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...o-Feat-10-Post
    We have Eldrazi Stompy in DTB - http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...Eldrazi-Stompy
    We have Eldrazi Nic fit hybrid here - http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...Nic-Feat-8Post

How your deck is different, did it improve anything ?

Each of those construction have some ways to cover weakness of its mana base, any recursive wasteland or moon effect is a problem, or bad matchups like S&T/fast combos/midrange decks.

Turbo Eldrazi have S&T to cheat fattie into play, it also have many CQ cards, can also run Repeal to bounce problematic cards.

Eldrazi Stompy is much faster, can disrupt with chalice / throns some combo decks, and with really decent clock it works like stable stompy - still can deal with some cards like moat,ensnaring bridge etc. Still can loses to some Shardless Bug midrange.

Eldrazi Stompy 10 post hybrid - I don't like it - it's slower, doesn't improve problems with mana base, it's only advantage is to win vs slow controls, it's like midrange decks.

Eldrazi Nic fit - older construction before Eldrazi stompy happens, it's basically Nic fit with Eldrazi Finish - I like this versio since it doesn't lose to wastelands, moon effects etc. It has much slower clock then Eldrazi Stompy which isn't good vs combo meta.

Now, answer where is your improvement compared to those constructions ? It looks like copy/paste to Eldrazi Stompy 10 post hybrid which is still probably the worst of them all.

this deck has turn 3/4 10CC eldrazi IWinButton ; nic fit eldrazi/10post or turbo eldrazi are way slower.
    Just give it a try turn one/two monolith with key is easily turn 3 10cc game winning spell.
    Show and tell in turbo eldrazi is a 3CC spell where you can cast your eldrazi in this deck in the same place in an uncounterable manner gg.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

this deck has turn 3/4 10CC eldrazi IWinButton ; nic fit eldrazi/10post or turbo eldrazi are way slower.
    Just give it a try turn one/two monolith with key is easily turn 3 10cc game winning spell.
    Show and tell in turbo eldrazi is a 3CC spell where you can cast your eldrazi in this deck in the same place in an uncounterable manner gg.
    How big do you think the odds are of you being able to resolve that T3/T4 Eldrazi..? Even in magical christmasland where noone plays disruption, Wastelands, Stifles, spotremoval, hatebears, taxing elements or T1/T2 combo those odds are slim at best.

Banned
    Nov 2005
    Sigil, Center of the Planes - Italian district

To be fair, the idea is to resolve Eldrazis with high impact even if countered, thanks to "on cast" triggers (Kozilek, Ulamog)

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Morte View Post
    To be fair, the idea is to resolve Eldrazis with high impact even if countered, thanks to "on cast" triggers (Kozilek, Ulamog)
    And to get there one needs to play a series of lands and mana rocks, all susceptible to all kinds of interaction. Or did you miss that?

testing showed that this deck does beat tempo you can test it, even through multiple wasteland/daze/fow

miracle is easy where they have close to no disruption CB is a joke and you esaily resolve your big dudes.

How big do you think the odds are of you being able to resolve that T3/T4 Eldrazi..? Even in magical christmasland where noone plays disruption, Wastelands, Stifles, spotremoval, hatebears, taxing elements or T1/T2 combo those odds are slim at best.
    the odds are very high, if not T3 or t4 it doesn't matter cause I also play disruption. As said before the deck beats tempo, miracle. I supposed I am also favored vs eldrazi because of higher cc's one and them playing only wasteland/ghost quarter as a disruption.

Dec 2013

testing showed that this deck does beat tempo you can test it, even through multiple wasteland/daze/fow

miracle is easy where they have close to no disruption CB is a joke and you esaily resolve your big dudes.

the odds are very high, if not T3 or t4 it doesn't matter cause I also play disruption. As said before the deck beats tempo, miracle. I supposed I am also favored vs eldrazi because of higher cc's one and them playing only wasteland/ghost quarter as a disruption.
    Well, I'm glad to see nothing pisses on your parade. I guess we'll be seeing you taking down big tournaments left and right then.

As said I don't have the cards other way I would, but if people play it they'll destroy the format.

Interesting list.

Have you tested Kozileks Channeler instead of one of the Monoliths? It costs 3 under or eye, is made cheaper by temple and still beats for 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Interesting list.

Have you tested Kozileks Channeler instead of one of the Monoliths? It costs 3 under or eye, is made cheaper by temple and still beats for 4.
    you who are expert ... can work the list of this deck?

someone can help me to make the side for a big tournament

Caprino I answered you, though the deck is still in progress, but for sure you need 3 wurmcoil engine ; 4 grave hate ; 3 all is dust at least 2 others trini and others versatile hate warping wail/revoker might do it.

burn : +3 wurmcoil engine +2 trini -2 butcher -3 basalt/thran

tempo : +3 wurmcoil +2 all is dust -2 butcher -3 basalt/thran

sneak : +2 revoker/warping wail -2 basalt/thran

elf/infect : +3 all is dust+1 trini -2 butcher -2 basalt thran enter warping wail versus infect if you have them

lands : some kind off grave hate leaving the knot too slow most of the time

reanimator : + grave hate/trini

shardless/death and taxes/miracle : bye even blood moon doesn't change anything for them

ant : +2 trini/warping wail/revoker

Caprino I answered you, though the deck is still in progress, but for sure you need 3 wurmcoil engine ; 4 grave hate ; 3 all is dust at least 2 others trini and others versatile hate warping wail/revoker might do it.

burn : +3 wurmcoil engine +2 trini -2 butcher -3 basalt/thran

tempo : +3 wurmcoil +2 all is dust -2 butcher -3 basalt/thran

sneak : +2 revoker/warping wail -2 basalt/thran

elf/infect : +3 all is dust+1 trini -2 butcher -2 basalt thran enter warping wail versus infect if you have them

lands : some kind off grave hate leaving the knot too slow most of the time

reanimator : + grave hate/trini

shardless/death and taxes/miracle : bye even blood moon doesn't change anything for them

ant : +2 trini/warping wail/revoker
    Vs land in side endbringer is good? You change main deck? Write new main deck please. Thanks

Thread Information