Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: BigEldrazi

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

Re: BigEldrazi

What’s the gameplan against Eldrazi Aggro? Matchup seems tough from my testing.

Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
    Vs eldrazi Stompy is difficult matchup in G1 (eldrazi Stompy is very fast and big eldrazi have more cards main deck no good vs eldrazi chalice, trini, all is dust ecc)

Post side wurmcoil win easy

Aug 2014
    Philippines

Either you have an early Oblivion Sower or Ensnaring Bridge post-board.
    TEAM BUDGET

New sucessful legacy challege list: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/863001#paper

Cheers!

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

Lands also feels like a miserable matchup, especially the version with 4 Ghost Quartersto complement the 4 Wasteland.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocheloco View Post
    New sucessful legacy challege list: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/863001#paper

Cheers!
    The "B" Archetype is up to 2.93 percent of the meta.

Oblivion Stone from the side is my latest plan. I also like it more in matchups V wasteland.

Lands also feels like a miserable matchup, especially the version with 4 Ghost Quartersto complement the 4 Wasteland.
    Hey, I'm new to this forum, though I play Big Eldrazi in Paper and on xMage for a year at least now.

The Lands MU improves main a lot via Endbringer, I am running 2 right now. Post-board I have 4 Leyline of the Void to battle Loam. The main goal is to drop manarocks early in conjunction with Voltaic Key. This will render the LD-plan useless. Then you want to have an Endbringer ASAP, from hand or via Eye of Ugin. This setup should usually win you the Game because LD is worthless and Endbringer stops Marit Lage forever. Early Glimmerposts are worthy as well, because staying at 21 Lifepoints or more will give you one more turn.

My List for reference:
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Vesuva
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

3 Voltaic Key
    4 Grim Monolith
    1 Basalt Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo

4 Chalice of the Void
    1 Warping Wail
    3 Trinisphere
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Endbringer
    2 All Is Dust
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

3 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Sideboard:
    3 Spatial Contortion
    1 Warping Wail
    3 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Oblivion Sower
    3 Wurmcoil Engine
    4 Leyline of the Void

Greetings

Hey folks!

Tried a different approach this time around, Wurmcoil for lifespan, Thespian over Vesuva for mana stability and the usual suspects at high end.

Wincons:14
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Wurmcoil Engine
    3 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Other Spells: 22
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Voltaic Key
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Sorcerous Spyglass
    3 Trinisphere
    4 Thran Dynamo

Lands:25
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Thespian's Stage
    2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Sideboard:15
    4 Walking Ballista
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    4 Leyline of the Void
    3 Confusion in the Ranks

Played a few test games vs AnT before the tournament, winning more than not due to lockpieces/TKS doing their job.

Went a total of 3-1; beating Canadian ***** 2-0 twice, beating UBWG control 2-1 and losing a close one to Maverick 1-2.

Didn't lose a game where i cast/resolved Ulamog or Ugin. Maindeck spyglass naming mostly Wasteland was awesome, as everyone i faced played it. Thespian was good and I'll keep playing the full set. Wurmcoil won close to all games vs Canadian.

Game one vs Maverick I scooped to Wasteland #3 through Knight and game three i lost in the endgame due to drawing lands and no finishers. Since we learn from our losses, it feels like threat density needs to go up, card draw/selection aswell... Might go back to playing a few Endbringers/Kozilek/Portals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucane View Post
    Hey folks!

Tried a different approach this time around, Wurmcoil for lifespan, Thespian over Vesuva for mana stability and the usual suspects at high end.

Wincons:14
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Wurmcoil Engine
    3 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Other Spells: 22
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Voltaic Key
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Sorcerous Spyglass
    3 Trinisphere
    4 Thran Dynamo

Lands:25
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Thespian's Stage

Sideboard:15
    4 Walking Ballista
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    4 Leyline of the Void
    3 Confusion in the Ranks

Played a few test games vs AnT before the tournament, winning more than not due to lockpieces/TKS doing their job.

Went a total of 3-1; beating Canadian ***** 2-0 twice, beating UBWG control 2-1 and losing a close one to Maverick 1-2.

Didn't lose a game where i cast/resolved Ulamog or Ugin. Maindeck spyglass naming mostly Wasteland was awesome, as everyone i faced played it. Thespian was good and I'll keep playing the full set. Wurmcoil won close to all games vs Canadian.

Game one vs Maverick I scooped to Wasteland #3 through Knight and game three i lost in the endgame due to drawing lands and no finishers. Since we learn from our losses, it feels like threat density needs to go up, card draw/selection aswell... Might go back to playing a few Endbringers/Kozilek/Portals.
    leyline of sanctity is good?
    why no play eldrazi temple (tks turn 2)and all is dust main deck?

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    leyline of sanctity is good?
    why no play eldrazi temple (tks turn 2)and all is dust main deck?
    Leyline of Sanctity is key vs everything with discard and burnspells, plus it beats random combo like Foodchain's Ballista and Aluren's Strix-kill. The dreaded UR Delver matchup becomes easier as they can't dome bolt you, which buys enough time to play Wurmcoils past Daze. Have won easily vs Pox with it aswell, no hymn to tourach:-) Downside is randomness, much like Leyline of the Void.

I chose to not play temples, as I'm down at 7 Eldrazi Cards in this list (with 0 All is Dust). If I incorporate Endbringers/Sowers, temples go back in.

I have played All is Dust in every version of this deck before, but now I'm not certain I need it... unless the metagame becomes infested with tribal stuff.

Jul 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Tucane View Post
    Leyline of Sanctity is key vs everything with discard and burnspells, plus it beats random combo like Foodchain's Ballista and Aluren's Strix-kill. The dreaded UR Delver matchup becomes easier as they can't dome bolt you, which buys enough time to play Wurmcoils past Daze. Have won easily vs Pox with it aswell, no hymn to tourach:-) Downside is randomness, much like Leyline of the Void.

I chose to not play temples, as I'm down at 7 Eldrazi Cards in this list (with 0 All is Dust). If I incorporate Endbringers/Sowers, temples go back in.

I have played All is Dust in every version of this deck before, but now I'm not certain I need it... unless the metagame becomes infested with tribal stuff.
    Leyline can be good but its a high gamble and takes a lot of slots too, but it will not beat all you mentioned above. Foodchain will set Ballista to a 1 turn clock that answers every creature you will have on the field or cast after it besides Ulamogs cast effect. You cant All is Dust/Ugin this Ballista away. Burn have still a lot of fast creatures and the best weapon is price of progress unless you grap the right artifact heavy hand which still can be a target to artifact removal which can also pass leyline with damage. Mull to Leyline + find Wurmcoil without Counters is also a lot of "if x + y + happens you will win the game". Compared to black Leyline (castable with urborg) the white one is also a bad topdeck and you cant shuffle them away if drawn later. Its nice to catch Hymn, but answer 3-4 Hymn with 4 Leylines seems also overkill, yes Hymn can be hard but i think this deck can have good enough topdecks once it deployed lands/mana rocks and Hymn decks arent fast. I would answer a Hymn/Discard Heavy meta with Kozilek 1.0 and/or Artisan and if its really only a local meta than you can troll with Dodecapod too.

Why Confusion in the Ranks over Spine of Isha? I think its only for Show&Tell.

@TLK: Depends on the list and i have success with some uncommon side techs/switches - since my version is build around midrange creatures i would never touch the cc6 spots, i cut more finishers (even if i only play 3) and the rest depends on: is chalice needed (answer: its not vs most BGx decks, eldrazi aggro etc.), if cut down the cc10 threads next question is, do we need thran and/or key, key also gets weaker if you play Trinisphere+Chalice, i will adjust my gameplan to the opponents speed/hate cards/options and in most cases the opponent will try (if he can) to disrupt your development either with a faster game plan (Aggro/Combo) or different mana/land hate stuff like Wasteland (only a real issue if paired with Crucible/Loam etc.), Ports, Blood Moon, Back to Basics. This deck normally wins if you can cast cc10 stuff or start Eye engine every turn, the key is to survive long enough or render opponents hate useless.
    In terms of Wastelands (including most Delver Decks) you dont need to reach cc10, game will decided before, nearly every cc6 Eldrazi tops opponent creatures either as a defense wall or a fast clock if you try to jam cc10 eldrazi or ugins it will backfire more than it will be successful. Yes if Ugin lands you more or less only die to bolts, but Ugin is more difficult to cast + pass counter magic than every other finisher and any delver deck has a lot of ways to not allow you to do it. Eldrazi with "on cast" trigger will do something even if dazed/force (and cant be pierced/snared) which - for me - is key vs fast tempo decks, Oblivion Sower alone can be a nightmare since its not only able to hold the ground vs anything besides YP-Swarms or TNN, it can also destroy Ponder/Brainstorms selections and backfire if you get lands like Wastelands to throw them back (even better against Delve-Creatures and/or DRS because you get all lands!)

I even had success with the latest experimental boarding vs delver:
    -4 chalice
    -1 ulamog (leaving 1 Ulamog + 1 Decimator as finishers)
    -1 All is Dust
    -3 key
    +2 Extraction
    +2 S.Contortion
    +1 D.Mindbender
    +2 Wurmcoils
    +2 Trinisphere

Chalice is super nasty but every opponent will be prepared for it G2/3 and it will not answer Angler/TNN/YP, or the counters that matters to disrupt our bombs, and can be to slow if opponent starts the game (Delver/DRS) and/or counter your first spell (not so uncommon).
    TEAM MtG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by MD.Ghost View Post
    Leyline can be good but its a high gamble and takes a lot of slots too, but it will not beat all you mentioned above. Foodchain will set Ballista to a 1 turn clock that answers every creature you will have on the field or cast after it besides Ulamogs cast effect. You cant All is Dust/Ugin this Ballista away. Burn have still a lot of fast creatures and the best weapon is price of progress unless you grap the right artifact heavy hand which still can be a target to artifact removal which can also pass leyline with damage. Mull to Leyline + find Wurmcoil without Counters is also a lot of "if x + y + happens you will win the game". Compared to black Leyline (castable with urborg) the white one is also a bad topdeck and you cant shuffle them away if drawn later. Its nice to catch Hymn, but answer 3-4 Hymn with 4 Leylines seems also overkill, yes Hymn can be hard but i think this deck can have good enough topdecks once it deployed lands/mana rocks and Hymn decks arent fast. I would answer a Hymn/Discard Heavy meta with Kozilek 1.0 and/or Artisan and if its really only a local meta than you can troll with Dodecapod too.

You are correct about the Food Chain scenario, that wasn't the best example... Anyways, Leyline of Sanctity has been great for me so far. Of course I don't board it in vs a deck with 4 Hymn only (I mentioned hymn as an example)... vs Pox it stopped ≈12-16 cards or so.

I also don't mull for leylines like it's the 'end all, if it isn't... Sometimes it's just another piece of protection/disruption that does work from turn 0 and buys some time.

How is your plan to beat UR Delver?

Yes, confusion is vs SnT/Omni, about as effective as Spine but more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MD.Ghost View Post

@TLK: Depends on the list and i have success with some uncommon side techs/switches - since my version is build around midrange creatures i would never touch the cc6 spots, i cut more finishers (even if i only play 3) and the rest depends on: is chalice needed (answer: its not vs most BGx decks, eldrazi aggro etc.), if cut down the cc10 threads next question is, do we need thran and/or key, key also gets weaker if you play Trinisphere+Chalice, i will adjust my gameplan to the opponents speed/hate cards/options and in most cases the opponent will try (if he can) to disrupt your development either with a faster game plan (Aggro/Combo) or different mana/land hate stuff like Wasteland (only a real issue if paired with Crucible/Loam etc.), Ports, Blood Moon, Back to Basics. This deck normally wins if you can cast cc10 stuff or start Eye engine every turn, the key is to survive long enough or render opponents hate useless.
    In terms of Wastelands (including most Delver Decks) you dont need to reach cc10, game will decided before, nearly every cc6 Eldrazi tops opponent creatures either as a defense wall or a fast clock if you try to jam cc10 eldrazi or ugins it will backfire more than it will be successful. Yes if Ugin lands you more or less only die to bolts, but Ugin is more difficult to cast + pass counter magic than every other finisher and any delver deck has a lot of ways to not allow you to do it. Eldrazi with "on cast" trigger will do something even if dazed/force (and cant be pierced/snared) which - for me - is key vs fast tempo decks, Oblivion Sower alone can be a nightmare since its not only able to hold the ground vs anything besides YP-Swarms or TNN, it can also destroy Ponder/Brainstorms selections and backfire if you get lands like Wastelands to throw them back (even better against Delve-Creatures and/or DRS because you get all lands!)

I even had success with the latest experimental boarding vs delver:
    -4 chalice
    -1 ulamog (leaving 1 Ulamog + 1 Decimator as finishers)
    -1 All is Dust
    -3 key
    +2 Extraction
    +2 S.Contortion
    +1 D.Mindbender
    +2 Wurmcoils
    +2 Trinisphere

Chalice is super nasty but every opponent will be prepared for it G2/3 and it will not answer Angler/TNN/YP, or the counters that matters to disrupt our bombs, and can be to slow if opponent starts the game (Delver/DRS) and/or counter your first spell (not so uncommon).

Could you post your latest list please?

It is very hard to beat UR delver, especially after sideboard so I just ignored this matchup.

The problem is that their clock is too fast for us. After sideboard they have E.Bridges, they still have TNN which you should have an answer, they can afford to play wide and burn you with everything. And of course Price of progress.

There was only 1 time when I managed to win the 3rd game: it was slow start from him, no creatures in the first 2 turns, he was also stuck on 2 lands, couldn't shuffle his deck and was stormlocked. Additionally, he punted with one of the storms and drew the Price of Progress which was prompty taken with TKS. He eventually managed to install bridge and try to burn me down, but at that moment I was with Endbringer and drew like 12 cards with it before I found Eye of Ugin, and tutored the only Ulamog (I left one on purpose, because I know he sides in Bridges) to remove the bridge and alphastrike.

4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Vesuva

4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Thran Dynamo
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Trinisphere

2 Endbringer
    3 Reality Smasher
    3 Oblivion Sower
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

3 All Is Dust
    3 Warping Wail

SB:
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Spatial Contortion
    2 Wurmcoil Engine
    3 Helm of Obedience (can be +2 Thorn of Amethyst, +1 Contortion)

If there is J.A.Eliso on this forum (may be it's @Cocheloco?), please receive my utmost gratitude for your deck which inspired me to return to this splendid archetype. Your deck was a real state of art and I tuned it just a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryoclasm View Post
    It is very hard to beat UR delver, especially after sideboard so I just ignored this matchup.

The problem is that their clock is too fast for us. After sideboard they have E.Bridges, they still have TNN which you should have an answer, they can afford to play wide and burn you with everything. And of course Price of progress.

There was only 1 time when I managed to win the 3rd game: it was slow start from him, no creatures in the first 2 turns, he was also stuck on 2 lands, couldn't shuffle his deck and was stormlocked. Additionally, he punted with one of the storms and drew the Price of Progress which was prompty taken with TKS. He eventually managed to install bridge and try to burn me down, but at that moment I was with Endbringer and drew like 12 cards with it before I found Eye of Ugin, and tutored the only Ulamog (I left one on purpose, because I know he sides in Bridges) to remove the bridge and alphastrike.

4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Vesuva

4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Thran Dynamo
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Trinisphere

2 Endbringer
    3 Reality Smasher
    3 Oblivion Sower
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

3 All Is Dust
    3 Warping Wail

SB:
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Spatial Contortion
    2 Wurmcoil Engine

If there is J.A.Eliso on this forum (may be it's @Cocheloco?), please receive my utmost gratitude for your deck which inspired me to return to this splendid archetype. Your deck was a real state of art and I tuned it just a little bit.
    Do you like helm?

Quote Originally Posted by Cryoclasm View Post

4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Vesuva

4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Thran Dynamo
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Trinisphere

2 Endbringer
    3 Reality Smasher
    3 Oblivion Sower
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

3 All Is Dust
    3 Warping Wail

SB:
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Spatial Contortion
    2 Wurmcoil Engine

No man, I'm not him... he, he

Hey,
    I’ve been enjoying some Monolith Monsters recently, and wondered what this thread thinks of my list.
    Noted in earlier pages, card volume/selection/threat can be problematic sometimes, so I’m trying to remedy this.

4 Thought-Knot Seer
    3 Oblivion Sower
    2 Endbringer

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    2 Thran Dynamo
    1 Hedron Archive
    1 Basalt Monolith
    3 Voltaic Key
    3 Trinisphere
    2 Coercive Portal

2 All Is Dust

4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Vesuva
    1 Thespian’s Stage
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Eldrazi Temple

SB
    3 Wurmcoil Engine
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Warping Wail
    4 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Sphere of Resistance

Been enjoying a much higher win rate than expected, even in the face of Wasteland and/or Marit Lage.
    I diversified the mana rocks to get around Revokers and CPortal offers an early pay off card for boat loads of advantage.
    The sideboard for this deck I feel must address the terrible matchups and not worry about the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TTX; 12-27-2017 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TTX View Post
    Hey,
    I’ve been enjoying some Monolith Monsters recently, and wondered what this thread thinks of my list.
    Noted in earlier pages, card volume/selection/threat can be problematic sometimes, so I’m trying to remedy this.

4 Thought-Knot Seer
    3 Oblivion Sower
    2 Endbringer

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    2 Thran Dynamo
    1 Hedron Archive
    1 Basalt Monolith
    3 Voltaic Key
    3 Trinisphere
    2 Coercive Portal

2 All Is Dust

4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Vesuva
    1 Thespian’s Stage
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Eldrazi Temple

SB
    3 Wurmcoil Engine
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Warping Wail
    4 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Sphere of Resistance

Been enjoying a much higher win rate than expected, even in the face of Wasteland and/or Marit Lage.
    I diversified the mana rocks to get around Revokers and CPortal offers an early pay off card for boat loads of advantage.
    The sideboard for this deck I feel must address the terrible matchups and not worry about the rest.

List looks solid imo.

Without any knowledge of your metagame, I'd say you might want to make place for one more copy of All is Dust/Ugin.

Quote Originally Posted by TTX View Post
    Hey,

4 Thought-Knot Seer
    3 Oblivion Sower
    2 Endbringer

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    2 Thran Dynamo
    1 Hedron Archive
    1 Basalt Monolith
    3 Voltaic Key
    3 Trinisphere
    2 Coercive Portal

2 All Is Dust

4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Vesuva
    1 Thespian’s Stage
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Eldrazi Temple

SB
    3 Wurmcoil Engine
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Warping Wail
    4 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Sphere of Resistance

Why no Spatial contortion in side?
    Vs delver and more matchup is a good card

Thread Information