Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1088

Thread: BigEldrazi

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

Re: BigEldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    Anybody going to GP Richmond rocking this deck? I plan to run the Last Chance Trial gauntlet with this bad boy and then enter the main event with the deck as well.
    I'll be in Richmond and will likely be piloting this deck - probably your version.

Feb 2015
    SF, CA (via London, UK)

Anybody going to GP Richmond rocking this deck? I plan to run the Last Chance Trial gauntlet with this bad boy and then enter the main event with the deck as well.
    Do you have an updated list? Last one I see under your modo username on goldfish is from way back in May. Just curious because I've been playing aggro Eldrazi lately and am thinking about picking up Grim Monoliths soon...

Quote Originally Posted by cdnza View Post
    Do you have an updated list? Last one I see under your modo username on goldfish is from way back in May. Just curious because I've been playing aggro Eldrazi lately and am thinking about picking up Grim Monoliths soon...
    Due to circumstances in my personal life I have not had time to play any MTGO for months. The last list I played was the list I used to top-4 the SCG Classic and I don't think I'm going to make any major changes to it on the eve of the GP in Richmond.

Here's the link to that list:

http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/122557
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Due to circumstances in my personal life I have not had time to play any MTGO for months. The last list I played was the list I used to top-4 the SCG Classic and I don't think I'm going to make any major changes to it on the eve of the GP in Richmond.

Do you like 4x Voltaic key? I think 3x is good

Due to circumstances in my personal life I have not had time to play any MTGO for months.
    Sorry to hear that.
    The last list I played was the list I used to top-4 the SCG Classic and I don't think I'm going to make any major changes to it on the eve of the GP in Richmond.

Good luck in Richmond!

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    Do you like 4x Voltaic key? I think 3x is good
    Would you play 4 Sol Ring if it was legal in this format? Or only play 3 or even less, like some people?
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Would you play 4 Sol Ring if it was legal in this format? Or only play 3 or even less, like some people?
    Sol ring :)

Sol ring :)
    Just think ... Voltaic Key = exactly Sol Ring *if* a Monolith is on the battlefield.

Chances of a Monolith being on the battlefield probably =>80% if you play 8+.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Vs ubx shadow is hard matchup right?

Just think ... Voltaic Key = exactly Sol Ring *if* a Monolith is on the battlefield.

Chances of a Monolith being on the battlefield probably =>80% if you play 8+.

Chances of having a monolith in your opening 7 is 65 % if you play 8 of them. I play 10, which improves the odds to 74 %. However, any opponent that knows what your deck does will probably counter or destroy your first monolith if they can. I only run 2 keys in my deck, i´ve had too many expamples of holdning a key that does nothing.

MGB how are you going?

Joseph Cockrell was on camera at GP Richmond vs Enchantress, ranked 38 I think (congratz !).
    Any chance we could see his decklist ? Seems interesting as it was lighter on Ugins and more Eldrazi-focused.

I finished 11-4 at GP Richmond with my list. I lost a really close match on day 2 to Andrew Cuneo (who went on to win the GP) on U/W B2B Miracles that knocked me out of contention for top-8, which I feel I could have won if I had played differently. However, the 11-4 finish put me at 45th place which was good for $250 and a couple of Pro Points.

The deck was really solid all day and the matches that I won, I won pretty handily despite some sloppy play on my part, which is usually the sign of a good deck. In the hands of a better player I'm certain this deck is capable of winning a Grand Prix. I'm going to post a tournament report in this thread later when I have more time...
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

I finished 11-4 at GP Richmond with my list. I lost a really close match on day 2 to Andrew Cuneo (who went on to win the GP) on U/W B2B Miracles that knocked me out of contention for top-8, which I feel I could have won if I had played differently. However, the 11-4 finish put me at 45th place which was good for $250 and a couple of Pro Points.

The deck was really solid all day and the matches that I won, I won pretty handily despite some sloppy play on my part, which is usually the sign of a good deck. In the hands of a better player I'm certain this deck is capable of winning a Grand Prix. I'm going to post a tournament report in this thread later when I have more time...
    Can't wait to read your report, and congratulations for the nice run once again.
    Question : any delver.decks on your road to almost top 8 ? Been trying your version for a while and those match ups weren't that easy to beat.

Congratulations!!!

Aug 2014
    Philippines

Congratulations! Looking forward for your tournament report. Would like to see your build and matchups as well. Thank you :)
    TEAM BUDGET

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...nge-2018-09-03

1st place Legacy Challenge MTGO

Somekind of hybrid list, without Smashers but Sowers.

Aug 2014
    Philippines

Was 4-0-0 for this list at our usual Legacy nights

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Thespian Stage
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 City of Traitors
    3 Vesuva
    2 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas

4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Oblivion Sower
    3 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

4 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

4 Spatial Contortion
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Thran Dynamo
    3 Voltaic Key
    3 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Hedron Archive
    1 Dreamstone Hedron

Sideboard:

4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Warping Wail
    4 Ensnaring Bridge
    3 Ratchet Bomb

Round 1 vs. 8 Moon Stompy 2-0
    Round 2 vs. Lands 2-0
    Round 3 vs. Dnt 2-1
    Round 4 vs. BG Depths 2-0

Notes: Was not expecting any combo that night and expecting aggro decks so I opted to not use any Chalice and/or Trinispheres since they're not that interactive in any way.
    TEAM BUDGET

Quote Originally Posted by JeezXrist View Post
    Was 4-0-0 for this list at our usual Legacy nights

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Thespian Stage
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 City of Traitors
    3 Vesuva
    2 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas

4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Oblivion Sower
    3 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

4 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

4 Spatial Contortion
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Thran Dynamo
    3 Voltaic Key
    3 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Hedron Archive
    1 Dreamstone Hedron

Sideboard:

4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Warping Wail
    4 Ensnaring Bridge
    3 Ratchet Bomb

Round 1 vs. 8 Moon Stompy 2-0
    Round 2 vs. Lands 2-0
    Round 3 vs. Dnt 2-1
    Round 4 vs. BG Depths 2-0

Notes: Was not expecting any combo that night and expecting aggro decks so I opted to not use any Chalice and/or Trinispheres since they're not that interactive in any way.
    I love Spatial contortion main deck. Interesting mono copy dreamstone Hedron.
    You play 4 sower why no play 1/2 Urborg main deck?

Aug 2014
    Philippines

I love Spatial contortion main deck. Interesting mono copy dreamstone Hedron.
    You play 4 sower why no play 1/2 Urborg main deck?
    The Sowers where a last minute call when I saw some Maverick and Aggro Loam that day. It was a dilemma for me for choosing more mana acceleration or mana fix from the Urborg, I chose more acceleration instead. The Sowers are definitely great for the Lands matchup since they can snatch land disruption and/or their Dark Depths/Thespian combo.
    TEAM BUDGET

Thread Information