Side
    4 leyline
    4 ensnaring bridge
    4 warping wail
    3 Helm

W vs tes, sneak and show, 4c (wasteland main deck), lands, rw taxes

Re: BigEldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    Been testing 2x copies of Karn, Scion in maindeck and 2x copies in sideboard.

So far it has been more or less "win-more" and only impacts the game against slower grindy decks. I'm hoping to see more but it might just be a sideboard card at best.
    I think karn is good vs miracle, death and taxes, deathblade ecc...yes good vs grindy deck.
    Vs delver deck and 4c is not good

Yesterday another one 5 0 in league.

Faerie Godfather

Jul 2005
    Finland

@Caprino: Could you list your match-ups?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    @Caprino: Could you list your match-ups?
    W vs stoneblade, dredge, tes, grixis, grixis

Next time I post link my list

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    Yesterday another one 5 0 in league.
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1065356#paper

Nice deck. I am planning on playing bigeldrazi in Birmingham. Would u recommend a specific version? Thxz.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomesuace View Post
    Nice deck. I am planning on playing bigeldrazi in Birmingham. Would u recommend a specific version? Thxz.
    Thanks. Yes i recommend version mana ramp artifact and Voltaic key and ugin

Do you like wurmcoil + oblivion sower over endbringer + sower split? Or depends on matchups?

Quote Originally Posted by porkypads View Post
    Do you like wurmcoil + oblivion sower over endbringer + sower split? Or depends on matchups?
    I think oblivion sower main deck and endbringer and wurmcoil in the side

Has anyone tried the new Karn yet ? Sounds like a nice drawing machine + alternative wincon in an heavy artifact build with Key, mana rocks, Chalice and Spyglass.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDissent View Post
    Has anyone tried the new Karn yet ? Sounds like a nice drawing machine + alternative wincon in an heavy artifact build with Key, mana rocks, Chalice and Spyglass.
    I've tried it in a few leagues and a challenge on MODO. I lost every game in which I cast him. Not all of that is Karn's fault, but it's been pretty underwhelming. The Construct generation ability is mostly irrelevant for our gameplan of ramping into big bombs, and the "card draw" ability is just too damn slow because you get the worst card on the first activation and you have to wait a turn just to get the "good" card.

I've come to the conclusion that it's a SB card at best, if that. I'm going to keep it in the SB where I had the Coercive Portals to board in vs. Miracles and Jund-type decks.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

I've tried it in a few leagues and a challenge on MODO. I lost every game in which I cast him. Not all of that is Karn's fault, but it's been pretty underwhelming. The Construct generation ability is mostly irrelevant for our gameplan of ramping into big bombs, and the "card draw" ability is just too damn slow because you get the worst card on the first activation and you have to wait a turn just to get the "good" card.

I've come to the conclusion that it's a SB card at best, if that. I'm going to keep it in the SB where I had the Coercive Portals to board in vs. Miracles and Jund-type decks.
    Thanks for your insight MGB. It's just what I was afraid of.
    This weekend, I played in a 40-men tournament and lost the "win and in" against a Big Eldrazi deck powered by this Karn (and I lost the dice roll, which is crucial here). My opponent, a really nice guy, almost convinced me about this card as a must have.

After posting here, I tested a bit yesterday and yes, not that convincing. I found it pretty slow for what we are trying to do. Maybe, it's way better in a MUD shell.

Back to testing Karn as a 2-of MD in place of the 4th Trinisphere and the 2nd Basalt Monolith.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Well I just Top-4ed the latest Legacy Challenge with the following list:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1095589#online

That link is from last week's Challenge in which I went 3-3 but the decklist I used to Top-4 this Challenge is identical to that list.

I lost only to ANT Storm combo in the Swiss (he had Turn 1 kill in 2 games of out of 3 essentially) and I lost to Clashed's weird Grixis Dack Fayden brew in the Top-4 (I made mistakes losing too much life in G1 when I could have fetched Emrakul and won, and I stupidly used the -2 ability of Karn in G2 and he played Dack to steal my constructs.)

The deck was pretty explosive and potent this time around and I'm reminded by how awesome Voltaic Key can be because it won me a lot of games with the explosiveness of Monolith + Key into stuff.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

I got super sick and can't play anymore so you guys better keep posting and playing need to hear how you all are doing!

Well I just Top-4ed the latest Legacy Challenge with the following list:

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1095589#online

That link is from last week's Challenge in which I went 3-3 but the decklist I used to Top-4 this Challenge is identical to that list.

I lost only to ANT Storm combo in the Swiss (he had Turn 1 kill in 2 games of out of 3 essentially) and I lost to Clashed's weird Grixis Dack Fayden brew in the Top-4 (I made mistakes losing too much life in G1 when I could have fetched Emrakul and won, and I stupidly used the -2 ability of Karn in G2 and he played Dack to steal my constructs.)

The deck was pretty explosive and potent this time around and I'm reminded by how awesome Voltaic Key can be because it won me a lot of games with the explosiveness of Monolith + Key into stuff.
    So what is your verdict after this test? To Karn or not to Karn? He still a win more card or he is actually a good card in this deck?

Quote Originally Posted by nakapuff View Post
    So what is your verdict after this test? To Karn or not to Karn? He still a win more card or he is actually a good card in this deck?
    It's not as good as I had hoped or wanted it to be, because in some matchups it just doesn't impact the board enough, but overall it's probably better than the 2nd Basalt Monolith and the 4th Trinisphere, which is what I swapped out to make room for 2 Karn MD. I probably wouldn't play more than 2 Karn MD, though. It's not strong enough to warrant more than 2 copies in the MD. I like him quite a bit more against grindy slower decks like Miracles or B/G Control.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    I got super sick and can't play anymore so you guys better keep posting and playing need to hear how you all are doing!
    Hope you get well soon!

It's not as good as I had hoped or wanted it to be, because in some matchups it just doesn't impact the board enough, but overall it's probably better than the 2nd Basalt Monolith and the 4th Trinisphere, which is what I swapped out to make room for 2 Karn MD. I probably wouldn't play more than 2 Karn MD, though. It's not strong enough to warrant more than 2 copies in the MD. I like him quite a bit more against grindy slower decks like Miracles or B/G Control.
    Congrats! Would you still keep 2 Karns in the SB?

Thread Information