Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: BigEldrazi

Re: BigEldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    I think 4 Grim monolith 3/4 dynamo 0/3 basalt and 3 key is top!
    Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to get at here.

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to get at here.
    Hedron Archive is bad.

Hedron Archive is bad.
    That's what I thought, but I thought I'd ask.

@chrisdissent

Side guide vs ub reanimator and dredge no manaless. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDissent View Post
    Out of the blue, I would say there is two options.
    You can jam some of them in the sideboard, and side in the most efficient ones in the current match up.
    Or, if you want to main deck the gang, then you have to trim some finishers and mana rocks/Voltaic and play a more midgame oriented version. Cause lock pieces / TKS / sweepers are highly needed IMO and you can't afford to not play them.
    Something like this J.A. Eliso's list : http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=17004&d=305207

I've been considering at some point to fit a 1x colorless creature tool box, that can be fetched by Eye of Ugin, but eh, it's 7+ mana and doesn't solve the problems you've point.

Results are good so far ?
    I believe that trimming the high end (Kozileks) and playing less voltaic key might be the best option. That will make room for the answers we need to not die to early swarms, especially on the draw. Oblivion Sowers from J.A Elisos list can be cut for something better, like ballista or other sweepers/effects that can hold the ground until All is Dust is turned on.

Haven't played at all lately (due to life and shit) but I'm gonna play a small tournament tuesday night... Will post about it:-)

Vs dredge manaless and dredge no manaless you side same right?
    I'd say yes. Unless you happen to have Thorn of Amethyst or Sphere of Resistance in your SB... as those cards partly lock down Manaless Dredge. Another option is Pithing Needle @ Phantasmagorian vs Manaless. Also, always let them play first when possible as you'll get a free card and you get to watch them do nothing for a turn:-)

@chrisdissent:

do you think you've swapped the versions or made a mistake?

to use the side? what do you think?

DREDGE LED
    Out : 3 All is Dust, 4 Smasher, 1 Kozilek V2
    In : 4 Leyline, 3 Warping Wail (Ichorid, Nether Shadow), 1 Endbringer

Dredge Manaless :
    Out : 3 Trinisphere, 4 Chalice
    In : 4 Leyline, 3 Warping Wail (Ichorid)
    Notes : Leyline => GG. Chalice/Trinisphere have close to no use.

Aug 2014
    Philippines

Why just 2 Leyline of the Void, while you also pack 2 Surgical ? Less chance to have it in starting hand in the relevant match ups, and no way to cast it later on.
    And with Chalice, Surgical is not great. If you don't want pack 4 Leylines, perhaps you could go for Faeries instead ?

Sanctity is for what ?
    I want my sideboard options to be much more flexible and when I board against Reanimator, I remove "ALL" of my Chalices. The people in our meta knows how to fight Big Eldrazi when they're playing using BR Reanimator. They just mull into Reverent Silence to answer the Leyline. Surgical is a backup when they do. I also use the Surgical against Wasteland decks, Past in Flame for the Storm matchups and Brainstorm for Omnitell. Faerie was an option once but I opted for the Surgicals instead.

Sanctity was a last minute call when I saw a lot of Storm, Burn and assuming a random RG Charbelcher. I don't really like the idea of not having any defense when you're on the draw and them on the play and going off eventually. The first three turns is crucial for these decks and probably at that time you've already established threat.
    TEAM BUDGET

Aug 2014
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Hedron Archive?
    Oh they made a two-thirds Dreamstone Headron?
    But seriously is it working out for you? I saw a stream and my personal experience agrees that this deck needs some card draw/selection to go from fun to a contender and is Hedron Archive doing that well for you?
    Yeah, it works for me.

There are just times that you have a ton of mana and not having a threat. For this, Hedron comes in for that quick card advantage and eventually drawing something.
    TEAM BUDGET

Here’s a report of a 25-man tournament this weekend, 5 rounds + top 8.
    Long story short, it was a disappointing 3-2, finished at 11th place.

Round 1 vs Infect Loss 1-2
    Had the toss. G1 kept a 6 with Eye Temple City Chalice Smasher Dynamo. City -> Chalice met Force of Will, and I didn’t drew any land in like 4 turns, while he Invigorated me to death.
    G2 I kept a 6 with Trinisphere and some other stuff. Game goes long, I bet counterspells to land the Trini, locked his nexus with Needle, and finally Ulamog did the job.
    G3 was hard, had to mulligan again into a medium hand with 2 removals and a TKS. The big eyed dude took an Invigorate while WW cleared Agent and Glistener. I drew poorly the rest of the game and he was able to land a Hierarch + a Nexus. Time out, 3 last turns. I got 4 poison counters. I’m able to survive his 2 remaining attacks with his 2/2 Nexus unless he finds Noble/Invogorate/Berserk, which obviously happened while I drew Chalice (he has a Seal of Primordium in play). Not sure but think it cost me the quarterfinals.

Round 2 vs Stoneblade Loss 0-2
    Toss lost. G1 he goes SFM fetching a SoFi, I fast TKS to reveal 2x Back to Basics, Batterskull, SoFi, TNN from the back of my memory. Well, we can’t beat B2B backed up with countermagic.
    G2 had to mull to 5 into a barely keepable hand. Did my best, opponent was not really good (and not really agreeable) missing multiplestriggers that kept me in the game but a Germ over-equipped sealed the deal. Endbringer would have been far better here.

Round 3 vs Turbo Moon Win 2-0
    Really pleasant player. Both games goes the same way : mana rocks into Ulamog/All is Dust. With the right hand, we don’t fear Blood Moon, and that’s what they’ll likely go for first. Smashers were ready for any Chandra that would have shown.

Round 4 vs Aluren Win 2-1
    Game 1 I had a fast start with something like Chalice, Grim, Key => Ulamog. Seen DRS and Sharless Agent. Thought he was on Shardless BUG.
    G2 sided properly for that match up, needling Wasteland, then the DRS he played turn 1. He caught me turn 4 with Aluren into the combo.
    G3 I jammed a Needle on Cavern Harpy, and a TKS taking Aluren, seeing a Decay. I try to buy time with Chalice on 1, betting the Decay. Later, he’s able to cast an Aluren and pass turn. I go for All is Dust. Board cleared, cast a Smasher or two.

Round 5 vs Budget Dredge (no LED) Win 2-1
    Toss lost. G1 he goes Cephalid. I look at my hand full of TKS and cried inside. My turn, I played a Chalice for 0. Later, he confessed not playing LED due to budget reasons.
    G2/3 Leyline is unbeatable.

Smashers won me some games. Endbringers would have steal some others. Think I need to reconsider the build, and above all, seems like sideboard notes can be really improved. I’ll delete them as I was looking for co-working, not monopolize the thread and been asked my side vs every deck ever seen.
    On a side note, good thing is I met a really nice player that was on Big Eldrazi too. His build seems really nice. Hope he’ll post here too ;)

BTW, Congratz to Pathy for doing it again ! The truth may not be out there ;)

Here’s a report of a 25-man tournament this weekend, 5 rounds + top 8.
    Long story short, it was a disappointing 3-2, finished at 11th place.

Round 1 vs Infect Loss 1-2
    Had the toss. G1 kept a 6 with Eye Temple City Chalice Smasher Dynamo. City -> Chalice met Force of Will, and I didn’t drew any land in like 4 turns, while he Invigorated me to death.
    G2 I kept a 6 with Trinisphere and some other stuff. Game goes long, I bet counterspells to land the Trini, locked his nexus with Needle, and finally Ulamog did the job.
    G3 was hard, had to mulligan again into a medium hand with 2 removals and a TKS. The big eyed dude took an Invigorate while WW cleared Agent and Glistener. I drew poorly the rest of the game and he was able to land a Hierarch + a Nexus. Time out, 3 last turns. I got 4 poison counters. I’m able to survive his 2 remaining attacks with his 2/2 Nexus unless he finds Noble/Invogorate/Berserk, which obviously happened while I drew Chalice (he has a Seal of Primordium in play). Not sure but think it cost me the quarterfinals.

Round 2 vs Stoneblade Loss 0-2
    Toss lost. G1 he goes SFM fetching a SoFi, I fast TKS to reveal 2x Back to Basics, Batterskull, SoFi, TNN from the back of my memory. Well, we can’t beat B2B backed up with countermagic.
    G2 had to mull to 5 into a barely keepable hand. Did my best, opponent was not really good (and not really agreeable) missing multiplestriggers that kept me in the game but a Germ over-equipped sealed the deal. Endbringer would have been far better here.

Round 3 vs Turbo Moon Win 2-0
    Really pleasant player. Both games goes the same way : mana rocks into Ulamog/All is Dust. With the right hand, we don’t fear Blood Moon, and that’s what they’ll likely go for first. Smashers were ready for any Chandra that would have shown.

Round 4 vs Aluren Win 2-1
    Game 1 I had a fast start with something like Chalice, Grim, Key => Ulamog. Seen DRS and Sharless Agent. Thought he was on Shardless BUG.
    G2 sided properly for that match up, needling Wasteland, then the DRS he played turn 1. He caught me turn 4 with Aluren into the combo.
    G3 I jammed a Needle on Cavern Harpy, and a TKS taking Aluren, seeing a Decay. I try to buy time with Chalice on 1, betting the Decay. Later, he’s able to cast an Aluren and pass turn. I go for All is Dust. Board cleared, cast a Smasher or two.

Round 5 vs Budget Dredge (no LED) Win 2-1
    Toss lost. G1 he goes Cephalid. I look at my hand full of TKS and cried inside. My turn, I played a Chalice for 0. Later, he confessed not playing LED due to budget reasons.
    G2/3 Leyline is unbeatable.

Smashers won me some games. Endbringers would have steal some others. Think I need to reconsider the build, and above all, seems like sideboard notes can be really improved. I’ll delete them as I was looking for co-working, not monopolize the thread and been asked my side vs every deck ever seen.
    On a side note, good thing is I met a really nice player that was on Big Eldrazi too. His build seems really nice. Hope he’ll post here too ;)

BTW, Congratz to Pathy for doing it again ! The truth may not be out there ;)
    Infect is hard...stoneblade is good matchup....gl next tournament.

I think your side guide is great!!!

Next mouth I play you list and post a report

After having missed Eternal Weekend due to travel constraints and money issues (hotels were super expensive there), I've decided to attend the Starcitygames Legacy Open this weekend in Washington DC.

I'm debating really hard as to whether to take THIS deck to the main event (the Open) or more traditional Eldrazi Stompy, which I've also been doing well with on Magic Online.

My plan will be to choose one deck and play it in the Open, and hope to do well with it, but if I scrub out I will play the OTHER deck in the Legacy Classic on Sunday. Hopefully, though, I'll do well enough to be playing for Top-8 on Day 2 with the deck I chose to play at the main event.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Hi All,

We had in Annecy (France) a small tournament where I took my Big Eldrazi.
    I play it since 7-8 months but I usually prefer to take my BR Rea to my local shop (meta choice)

First of all, the list

4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Karakas
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Vesuva
    3 All Is Dust
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    1 Karn Liberated
    3 Thran Dynamo
    3 Trinisphere
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    3 Voltaic Key
    2 Endbringer
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Walking Ballista

//Sideboard :
    1 All Is Dust
    1 Endbringer
    4 Leyline of the Void
    3 Pithing Needle
    2 Spatial Contortion
    2 Sun Droplet
    2 Warping Wail

Round 1 vs Gilles with Grixis Delver, Toss won

G1. I land cloudpost, he drops a delver and I land Glimmerpost to be daze-proof having chalice@1. TKS and monsters win afterwards.
    G2. He lands Delver and go. I keep a hand with nice spells in the matchup (spatial, walking, sun droplet) but only cloudpost + vesuva. He double wastes me and delver flips T2 which kills me very fast with bolts and kolaghan.
    G3. Mull6 (no land in 7) and keep a medium hand (all is dust, endbringer, TKS) but got delver+waste again.

0-1

Round 2 vs Bye
    Lame, I came here to play -_-'

1-1

Round 3 vs Arnaud with Czech Pile, Toss won

G1. My opponent has two counterspells and an active force and counters ramp + chalice but do not force the trinisphere. He lands a Leovold + DRS + Jace and draws quite a lot because of my TKS going up and down but I don't care as I land drop + ramp well (and need to prevent him from attacking). Ulamog comes and he concedes before Kozilek would say hello.
    G2. Perfect hand with no wasteland and I saw none. I pile up Cloudpost / Vesuva and play chalice countered and a trinisphere which sticks the same turn to play after Ulamog. He has 1 land + TNN, and following turn I can attack + karakas + play ulamog again. He concedes.

2-1

Round 4 vs Mickael with Storm, Toss lost

G1. I know the opponent is on storm, I can't loose here. I keep a nice hand with trini/TKS, he probes and cabal my trini but I topdeck another and I land it of course. He lands go and concedes when I play TKS, not to show me his hand I think as the match was lost anyway.
    G2. I keep a nice hand with 2 leylines, trini, 2*tks but a single land, a ancien tomb. I death and he has 7-8 turns to get me rid of everything and painfully win through ad nauseam with 2 life...
    G3. I have chalice + tks 2 lands (double cloudpost I think) in hand and this time again I will no draw a land nor ramp. But TKS removes a dark petition so I prefer to lands afterwards chalice@2 to stop tutors. TKS wins painfully.

3-1

Round 5 Intentional draw.
    And a nice one, I know my opponent is on Food chain which is a truly hard matchup

3-1-1

Quarters vs Jeremy with Infect Toss lost (he is 3rd, I am 6th)

G1. T2 kill with force backup
    G2. T3 kill with force backup
    He will win the tournament (Finals vs my friend's BUG Opposition)

I can't complain here, I got paired with Storm and Czech pile in a room full of scary food chain / aluren / BUG Opposition / etc.
    Regarding the meta, classic drazi would have been better I think.

Glad to finish 5-8.
    I also met ChrisDissent, so I had a nice time talking about the list.

Feel free to criticize my list. I'll be glade to talk about the cards.
    But do not ask for pages of sides please :-)

Jul 2011
    Germany

Well, we can’t beat B2B backed up with countermagic.
    Depends on the build/hand/field: To beat it you need Manarocks (+Key) and keep in Mind that Eye also works for 2 free Mana every turn. Builds with more City, less Eye and/or less Manarocks (or Stuff like Oblivion Sower/Blight Herder as additional Mana source) will have a very hard time, especially if you jam too many finishers including Ugin (that doesnt profit from Eye/Temple).

Infect is hard, but as i mentioned a lot, it gets better if you trim your top end cards for more early field interaction (Walking Ballista&Warping Wail etc.). Sure it helps if you have the right Mana aka Sollands over Postlands if you are paired vs combo because its all about the early game and your first prison elemet might be discarded/countered too.

Even against Delver (Wasteland+Daze etc.) you will have a hard time if your solution is something like Endbringer.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by Debonair View Post
    I also met ChrisDissent, so I had a nice time talking about the list.
    Same ! Just for that, it was worth hitting the road.

Quote Originally Posted by MD.Ghost View Post
    Depends on the build/hand/field: To beat it you need Manarocks (+Key) and keep in Mind that Eye also works for 2 free Mana every turn. Builds with more City, less Eye and/or less Manarocks (or Stuff like Oblivion Sower/Blight Herder as additional Mana source) will have a very hard time, especially if you jam too many finishers including Ugin (that doesnt profit from Eye/Temple).
    I'm not on Ugin build, but you're in a hard spot anyway. They won't counter your little dudes as SFM/TNN package will handle them anyway (or Swords to Plowshares). They wait for your mana rocks or finishers. Smashers held the wave as much as possible but I ended destroyed by Jitte.

Quote Originally Posted by MD.Ghost View Post
    Infect is hard, but as i mentioned a lot, it gets better if you trim your top end cards for more early field interaction (Walking Ballista&Warping Wail etc.). Sure it helps if you have the right Mana aka Sollands over Postlands if you are paired vs combo because its all about the early game and your first prison elemet might be discarded/countered too.
    You're right, and that's basically what I do. I don't think the match up is hopeless (we're not favored here, that's for sure), but we can't beat perfect hands on their side. See Debonair's quarterfinals.
    Sticking a Trini, Needling Nexus and shooting on sight every creature EoT (3 WW / 2 Spatial) is the plan. Walking Ballista is amazing here as it allows you to control the stack and negates their pump/protection spells.

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    After having missed Eternal Weekend due to travel constraints and money issues (hotels were super expensive there), I've decided to attend the Starcitygames Legacy Open this weekend in Washington DC.

I'm debating really hard as to whether to take THIS deck to the main event (the Open) or more traditional Eldrazi Stompy, which I've also been doing well with on Magic Online.

My plan will be to choose one deck and play it in the Open, and hope to do well with it, but if I scrub out I will play the OTHER deck in the Legacy Classic on Sunday. Hopefully, though, I'll do well enough to be playing for Top-8 on Day 2 with the deck I chose to play at the main event.
    Rogue decks do well at big events as they're misidentified and the size of the event helps hide your super secret tech. But then you're just one person against variance.

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post

Hope we get to see you on camera!

So supposedly "Benjamin Liu" made 36th place at Eternal Weekend with Big Eldrazi. Does anyone know him or his deck? It would be interesting to hear a tournament report from someone who did well with this deck at the tournament.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

ChrisDissent list in this month of testing I did 43 game 35 win 8 lose

Thread Information