Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: BigEldrazi

Re: BigEldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by P210 View Post
    Warping Wail won't help much against Goryo's Vengeance and Shallow Grave...
    Fair point. G1, there's a bunch of sorceries you still can counter (discard spells or Careful Study), and I concede that it's not overwhelming.
    G2, Warping Wail takes care about Show and Tell, their emergency plan. Plus, you have a lot of room to be filled, cause in this match up, you really don't mind ramping into any Titan (and surely don't want them to reanimate them). What you want is lock them, multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDissent View Post
    Fair point. G1, there's a bunch of sorceries you still can counter (discard spells or Careful Study), and I concede that it's not overwhelming.
    G2, Warping Wail takes care about Show and Tell, their emergency plan. Plus, you have a lot of room to be filled, cause in this match up, you really don't mind ramping into any Titan (and surely don't want them to reanimate them). What you want is lock them, multiple times.
    Yes is correct.

Sorry no look pm you write for me.

Vs espert mentor and zombardment? Thanks

Guys...

Don't play Reality Smasher in this deck...

Reality Smasher is a pure aggro card for the aggro version of Eldrazi. This deck is more of a "control"/ramp Eldrazi with big finishers. Reality Smasher has no place in this deck, imho.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Mar 2013
    Richmond, VA

SO I might be bringing this deck to EW, sourcerous spyglass yay or nay?

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    Guys...

Reality Smasher is a pure aggro card for the aggro version of Eldrazi. This deck is more of a "control"/ramp Eldrazi with big finishers. Reality Smasher has no place in this deck, imho.
    Smasher is good... Kill Liliana Jace ecc... Trample vs nemesi...i think no bad in this deck.

I test smasher in this days and my results is very good

Guys...

Hi Pathy.

See this inclusion as a hybrid version of Big Eldrazi, as some tried to do lately on the other side of the bridge with sucess : www.hareruyamtg.com/en/k/kD35839S/

Have you gave it a shot ? You might try it a few games at least.
    I came to the conclusion, after testing both Ugin build, Conduit of Ruin build and Karn build, that all these decks share a common problem : between the first turns (Chalice/Trnisphere) and those where you'll be able to cast your gamebreakers, you just do nothing. Thought-knot Seer is not enough to put constant pressure and fill the gap. That's why some have tried Matter Reshaper or Oblivion Sower.
    I know your version provides explosive starts allowing Ugin/Ulamog T1/T2. But most of the time, after Ugin gets countered, you'll sit with a lot of mana and nothing to spend it on. At least, that's what I experienced and it feels not cool.
    Plus, there's a lot of artifact hate running around, and being Kolaghan'd/Grudged to death can happen when it comes with countermagic, disruption and fast clock (Czech Pile, all kind of Delver decks).
    Smasher throws a bone in the opponent's yard, something they have to answer and can win single-handedly, giving you outs in certain circumstances and buying you time to build your late game (most of the time with Eye of Ugin => Ulamog, that's why I would not run less than 4).

Both decks have their strengths and weaknesses, neither are bad IMO. Just a matter of taste.

@chrisdissent

Vs espert mentor and zombardament side guide? Thanks

I don't see you pm

In 3 day i test ChrisDissent's list and my result is 10 0 online. Very happy

Hard to say, haven't face them a lot.

Zombardment :
    Out : 2 Kozilek, 2 Ulamog, 2 Dynamo, 2 Voltaic
    In : 4 Leyline, 3 Warping Wail (all their creatures), 1 All is Dust
    Notes : Chalice on 1 hurts them badly. So does Leyline. Trinisphere is also good here. But they can steal the game by just being aggro.

Esper Mentor has not a stock list. Some play Anglers, some play Delver, some play Strix. I think you want Spatial Contortion first, to take care of Mentor. All is Dust too, to reset a flooded board. If they run Angler, you might consider Leyline (stops DRS, ANgler, Snap and flashbacked Cabal). I'd cut down some titans and mana rocks/voltaic. Keeping either disruptive hands (Chalice and Trinisphere are stellar) or really fast hands.
    OK thanks. Next mouth I play tournament. I write report my game.
    Vs espert mentor what do you think +2 Spatial +4 leyline + 1 all is dust
    Out 2 kozilek 1 ulamog 2 Voltaic 2 dynamo?

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    OK thanks. Next mouth I play tournament. I write report my game.
    Vs espert mentor what do you think +2 Spatial +4 leyline + 1 all is dust
    Out 2 kozilek 1 ulamog 2 Voltaic 2 dynamo?
    Cool !! Can't wait !
    You may not face it but just in case, try to know if they run Angler. If they do, just like you said, I'd side something like this :
    Out : 1/2 Kozilek, 1/2 Ulamog, 2 Dynamo, 2 Voltaic
    In : 4 Leyline, 2 Spatial Contortion, 1 All is Dust

If they don't, I'd go for :
    Out : 1 Kozilek V2, 1 Ulamog, 1 Dynamo, 2 Voltaic
    In : 2 Warping Wail (Cabal, Snap, Strix, DRS), 2 Spatial Contortion (Mentor), 1 All is Dust

I'd not cut all the Kozileks cause they run Surgical in the sideboard. Cabal + Surgical on Ulamog, and we're not in good shape cause Smasher/TKS can't handle the monk crew.

Quote Originally Posted by lilevo View Post
    SO I might be bringing this deck to EW, sourcerous spyglass yay or nay?
    It depends: In the sideboard, needle is better because you know exactly what you want to needle, and if you boarded it in, having it turn one is probably a must. But if you are main-boarding needles, you'll probably want to upgrade them to spyglasses. Getting that hand information to pin down the specific build you're against before the game ends can't be discounted.

Hi Pathy.

See this inclusion as a hybrid version of Big Eldrazi, as some tried to do lately on the other side of the bridge with sucess : www.hareruyamtg.com/en/k/kD35839S/

Have you gave it a shot ? You might try it a few games at least.
    I came to the conclusion, after testing both Ugin build, Conduit of Ruin build and Karn build, that all these decks share a common problem : between the first turns (Chalice/Trnisphere) and those where you'll be able to cast your gamebreakers, you just do nothing. Thought-knot Seer is not enough to put constant pressure and fill the gap. That's why some have tried Matter Reshaper or Oblivion Sower.
    I know your version provides explosive starts allowing Ugin/Ulamog T1/T2. But most of the time, after Ugin gets countered, you'll sit with a lot of mana and nothing to spend it on. At least, that's what I experienced and it feels not cool.
    Plus, there's a lot of artifact hate running around, and being Kolaghan'd/Grudged to death can happen when it comes with countermagic, disruption and fast clock (Czech Pile, all kind of Delver decks).
    Smasher throws a bone in the opponent's yard, something they have to answer and can win single-handedly, giving you outs in certain circumstances and buying you time to build your late game (most of the time with Eye of Ugin => Ulamog, that's why I would not run less than 4).

Both decks have their strengths and weaknesses, neither are bad IMO. Just a matter of taste.
    I like Endbringer as a mid-game bridge because it can be a draw engine, an attacker, a creature control tool, etc.

Reality Smasher is nothing but a beater. It doesn't really further the game plan of "survive until your late game crushes the opponent".
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

I like Endbringer as a mid-game bridge because it can be a draw engine, an attacker, a creature control tool, etc.

Reality Smasher is nothing but a beater. It doesn't really further the game plan of "survive until your late game crushes the opponent".
    Indeed, it's not there for that, just an alternative win condition. And I concede it may not be the optimal choice. Just, it's has been great so far for me, more than anything I've tried instead.
    Endbringer has some appeal, really, as it's a house versus Sneak Show and some other match ups, and the draw engine is obviously great. Not the same purpose, as it may be chump blocked all day long, costs 1 more, does nothing a whole turn, and doesn't provide the occasional 2 for 1 when you're opponent tries to get rid of Smasher after letting it resolve.

Still on Big Eldrazi ? Planning to take it to a big event soon ? I wish we could have more reports in this section to share the experience.
    Thinking about taking it to a medium event this weekend.

Indeed, it's not there for that, just an alternative win condition. And I concede it may not be the optimal choice. Just, it's has been great so far for me, more than anything I've tried instead.
    Endbringer has some appeal, really, as it's a house versus Sneak Show and some other match ups, and the draw engine is obviously great. Not the same purpose, as it may be chump blocked all day long, costs 1 more, does nothing a whole turn, and doesn't provide the occasional 2 for 1 when you're opponent tries to get rid of Smasher after letting it resolve.

Still on Big Eldrazi ? Planning to take it to a big event soon ? I wish we could have more reports in this section to share the experience.
    Thinking about taking it to a medium event this weekend.
    I am also on 4x Smasher at this point, they have been fine as in turning the tides on the opponent and killing off lilianas and Jaces. They don't do much vs strix, infect creatures, pyromancer and other small annoying creatures that infest the metagame these days. Having tried Walking Ballista for some time, I feel it compliments the Smashers and Endbringers well.

The solution might be a configuration of 3x Smasher, 3x Ballista and 2-3x Endbringer to cover all bases in terms of creatures/walkers. The problem lies in available slots though, what can we cut safely?

Out of the blue, I would say there is two options.
    You can jam some of them in the sideboard, and side in the most efficient ones in the current match up.
    Or, if you want to main deck the gang, then you have to trim some finishers and mana rocks/Voltaic and play a more midgame oriented version. Cause lock pieces / TKS / sweepers are highly needed IMO and you can't afford to not play them.
    Something like this J.A. Eliso's list : http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=17004&d=305207

I've been considering at some point to fit a 1x colorless creature tool box, that can be fetched by Eye of Ugin, but eh, it's 7+ mana and doesn't solve the problems you've point.

Results are good so far ?

Out of the blue, I would say there is two options.
    You can jam some of them in the sideboard, and side in the most efficient ones in the current match up.
    Or, if you want to main deck the gang, then you have to trim some finishers and mana rocks/Voltaic and play a more midgame oriented version. Cause lock pieces / TKS / sweepers are highly needed IMO and you can't afford to not play them.
    Something like this J.A. Eliso's list : http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=17004&d=305207

I've been considering at some point to fit a 1x colorless creature tool box, that can be fetched by Eye of Ugin, but eh, it's 7+ mana and doesn't solve the problems you've point.

Results are good so far ?
    Pm for you.

Aug 2014
    Philippines

This was my list from a previous tournament: Big Eldrazi

I opted to use Spatial Contortions on main since there's a lot of Revokers and Teegs running around on that day.
    TEAM BUDGET

Quote Originally Posted by JeezXrist View Post

I opted to use Spatial Contortions on main since there's a lot of Revokers and Teegs running around on that day.
    Why just 2 Leyline of the Void, while you also pack 2 Surgical ? Less chance to have it in starting hand in the relevant match ups, and no way to cast it later on.
    And with Chalice, Surgical is not great. If you don't want pack 4 Leylines, perhaps you could go for Faeries instead ?

Sanctity is for what ?

Quote Originally Posted by JeezXrist View Post

Hedron Archive?
    Oh they made a two-thirds Dreamstone Headron?
    But seriously is it working out for you? I saw a stream and my personal experience agrees that this deck needs some card draw/selection to go from fun to a contender and is Hedron Archive doing that well for you?

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Hedron Archive?
    Oh they made a two-thirds Dreamstone Headron?
    But seriously is it working out for you? I saw a stream and my personal experience agrees that this deck needs some card draw/selection to go from fun to a contender and is Hedron Archive doing that well for you?
    I think 4 Grim monolith 3/4 dynamo 0/3 basalt and 3 key is top!

Why just 2 Leyline of the Void, while you also pack 2 Surgical ? Less chance to have it in starting hand in the relevant match ups, and no way to cast it later on.
    And with Chalice, Surgical is not great. If you don't want pack 4 Leylines, perhaps you could go for Faeries instead ?

Sanctity is for what ?
    I Suggest Ravenous Trap as the middle ground, it's not surgical but I think it's better than Macrabe.

Thread Information