Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1088

Thread: BigEldrazi

Re: BigEldrazi

Hey guys

Went 3-1 last week with the stock midrange list that has been doing well on Modo. This week I wanted to try something a little bigger. I don't have any Cities, and don't really want to purchase them currently, so I am adding a few more Monoliths (but no Keys, not going that big). What do you think of this list in a meta of Grixis, BUG (control and delver), Blade decks, Miracles, Goblins, not much combo (some Lands as well, both aggro loam and traditional)

4x Walking Ballista
    4x Thought-Knot Seer
    3x Endbringer
    2x Wurmcoil Engine
    2x Oblivion Sower
    2x Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

1x Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    2x Karn, Scion of Urza

4x Grim Monolith
    2x Thran Dynamo
    4x Chalice of the Void
    2x Sorcerous Spyglass

2x All is Dust

4x Ancient Tomb
    4x Cloudpost
    4x Glimmerpost
    3x Vesuva
    4x Eldrazi Temple
    3x Eye of Ugin
    2x Urborg
    2x Wastes

Thanks

So I took this list to GP Richmond:

4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Trinisphere
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    2 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    4 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    1 Emrakul, the Promised End
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Voltaic Key
    3 Thran Dynamo
    1 Basalt Monolith
    2 Karn, Scion of Urza
    1 Walking Ballista

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    2 Thespian's Stage
    2 Eye of Ugin
    2 Karakas

SB:
    4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Karn, Scion of Urza
    2 Warping Wail
    2 All is Dust
    4 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Trinisphere

On Thursday, I played in a Last Chance Trial qualifier to try to get some byes because I'm a scrub with very few Planeswalker points and no membership in the Pro Player's Club:

R1 vs. Eldrazi Stompy (W 2-0): I get off to a fast start in G1 and just win with the late game before he kills me. In the second game Ensnaring Bridge stops him from attacking and I kill him with Ugin.

R2 vs. the Empty Chair (BYE): Somehow I get a free win. Yay?

R3 vs. ANT (W 2-1): My disruption does what it needs to do and I kill him with Ugin at some point in one of these games with the ultimate and Ulamogs. Trinispheres and Chalices for days in this match.

R4 vs. ANT (L 1-2): My last round opponent is Brandon Osborne, who I kind of a have a history of beating every time I play. He isn't excited to play me. In one of the first two games I lock him out with disruption and in the other he combos off on turn 1 or 2. In G3 I have disruption in play, All idS Dust and Ugin in hand, he makes a few Goblin tokens (not enough to be lethal), and I make the mistake of casting TKS instead of using All is Dust to wipe the goblin tokens. I had an Ugin in play on the battlefield that was threatening the ultimate next turn if he doens't attack it with Goblins. TKS sees a bunch of redundant pieces in his hand like tutors, but nothing to get through the Chalice and Trini on the board. NExt turn he attacks enough goblins into Ugin to lower the counters down so it can't ultimate next turn. The following turn he topdecks Echoing Truth and combos off. If I had cast All is Dust instead of TKS that turn (I only had mana for one or the other), I would have ultimated Ugin and probably won the game. Oh well. I collect 600 prize tickets and he gets the two byes. I'm dejected afterward and Brandon is acting like he won the GP that day, which was kind of funny and I tease him about it.

On Friday, the main event started:

R1 vs. Death's Shadow (W 2-0): My player was pretty inexperienced and made mistakes that I capitalized on. He didn't force Trinisphere and then tried to Force of Will other stuff when he was tapped out, because he didn't understand how Trinisphere affected spells like Force of Will. But nevertheless, I cruised to a pretty easy match win.

R2 vs. Elves (W 2-1): The game he won he just got Glimpse and went nuts I didn't have an answer that early. I beat him with early Ugin in one of the games, and in G3 Warping Wail was pretty key in countering a Natural Order and All is Dust was pretty excellent in wiping his board.

R3 vs. UW Stoneblade (W 2-1): He got me with Back to Basics in one of the games, and in G3 I managed to cast All is Dust on his board of Back to Basics and creatures.

R4 vs. Death n Taxes (W 2-1): My opponent was Thiago Soporito, who is some kind of pro player. He was silent and played well the whole match, but I really fought hard to the end to win by fetching Walking Ballista when we were close to going to rounds and then killing Revokers on Ugin and using Ugin to wipe his board.

R5 vs. Burn (L 0-2): My opponent was Shaheen Soorani, who almost always plays the exact same UW Stoneblade deck in every Legacy tournament. Assuming he's on the same deck in a GP (why wouldn't he be??), I keep a slow hand in G1 that would be excellent against UW Stoneblade but poor against anything with a fast clock. He opens with... Goblin Guide. Wtf? His fast start with Guides and multiple Swiftspears is too much for my slow hand and I die quickly. In G2 I keep a decent hand with Chalice and TKS, but he FIreblasts the TKS and then lands Sulfuric Vortex and uses suspended Rift Bolts to kill me. This is the only match all weekend I felt I just wasn't winning no matter how I played.

R6 vs. Miracles (W 2-1): I don't think he had Back to Basics or if he did he never drew it. In G1 I landed some Eldrazis but still lost due to some play errors on my part. My deck just out muscled him with Kozilek drawing tons of cards and Ugin landing and ultimating in the games I won. Karakas was pretty key in G3 to keep bouncing Vendilion Clique back to his hand to prevent him from killing me with it while I drew into Eye of Ugin and got my late game going.

R7 vs. Shardless BUG (W 2-0): I just housed this poor guy. I had back to back games with broken Grim Monolith+Voltaic Key into TKS/Karn hands. He didn't have much and had to mulligan to 4 or 5 cards in one of the games. This match just wasn't even close and showcased the raw power of the deck I was playing.

R8 vs. TES (L 1-2): In G1 I cast Chalice of the Void @ 1 on turn 1 and he played two fetchlands, didn't crack them, and then when I cast TKS he scooped rather than show me his hand. I should have just assumed he was on Storm combo of some kind, but there was always the possibility he was on Reanimator or Grixis Delver and just kept a 1-drop heavy hand, so I didn't board into the Warping Wails or extra T-Sphere in G2. In G2 he comboed off on his Turn 2 and I didn't have a chance unless I had mulliganed into an Ancient Tomb+Chalice hand. In G3 I kept a hand with Chalice and Trinisphere and landed both, but didn't have much further pressure beyond that. We played draw-go for a while and then he cast Burning Wish and fetched his copy of Pulverize from his sideboard. He got the Pulverize, destroyed my artifacts, and comboed off. If I had a Warping Wail in my hand I could have countered the Pulverize and he probably would not have had much else to do before I finally got my end-game online, so in this game I felt as if I should have been playing more Warping Wail in the sideboard because it's so good against combo decks. Also, I felt I made a mistake of not assuming he was on Storm combo in G2 and keeping a generic hand rather than aggressively going for an anti-storm hand.

So I end up qualifying for Day 2 of a GP for the first time in my life (I've only played in one other GP and lost a win-and-in on Day 1 to qualify for Day 2 in that event) but I do it on a down note, losing to Storm which always sucks because it feels as if I shouldn't ever be losing to Storm with this deck.

On Saturday, I tried to push forward in Day 2 of the main event:

R9 vs. Lands (W 2-1): Karakas was huge in this match. He would have easily killed me with Marit Lage in two separate games had it not been for Karakas being in play holding him back for several turns. In G1 I beat him this way, holding off his combo and casting Ugin and then ultimating. In G2 he just destroyed my lands and kept me off mana to do anything. In G3 I cast multiple Ensnaring Bridges and had Karakas in play so he wasn't going to kill me with Marit Lage. I eventually cast a Chalice of the Void @ 2 and locked him out of the Punishing Fire combo, he tried to slowplay to get a draw but I wasn't having any of that and I called a judge to watch our match. Eventually I think I killed him with Ugin +2 when he went to rounds.

R10 vs. ANT (W 2-1): In this round I was paired against Brandon Osborne again for a "revenge" re-match in the main event of the GP. In G1 he just destroys me early, I think, and then in G2 I cast too many lock pieces for him to deal with. In G3 I have some lock pieces in play and he bounces them EOT and tries to combo off, thinking he has the win again, but I play-act all dejected and keep my hand on the battlefield as if I don't have any answers and want to F6 the game. However, I have a warping wail in my hand that I sided in. When he finally discards his hand with LED and casts Infernal Tutor, I slam the Warping Wail on the battlefield and Brandon knows I got the better of him again. His hand completely depleted, I go on to win with one of my win conditions. Warping Wail FTW!

R11 vs. Miracles (L 1-2): My opponent in this round was Andrew Cuneo, who went on to win the event. In G1 I play some Cloudposts and, play a Vesuva to copy a post and use the remaining mana to cast a Trinisphere... and then on his Turn 3 he casts Back to Basics as I'm tapped out. Fuck. I walked right into it. He won that game easily. In G2 I had an early Karn that went nuts and created a bunch of tokens, and some other stuff, and he died to an overwhelming board presence. In G3 I made the mistake of casting Chalice @ 1 on my Turn 1. Why was this a mistake? Because I had Voltaic Key in hand and I made the choice of prioritizing Chalice @ 1 over the Key. Now, ordinarily against blue decks Chalice @ 1 is a win, but against this deck I need to get my mana online, especially in the form of artifacts if he ever gets Back to Basics in play. He brainstorms in response to Chalice and lets it resolve. I eventually get a Thran Dynamo online that he Disenchants, then I get another Dynamo online and resolve a Trinisphere, but I'm relying on Ancient Tombs to generate mana and it's depleting my life total. He casts Snapcaster mages at EOT as Ambush Vipers and just starts chipping away at my life total while keeping at least 3 mana open to counter stuff with Force of Will. I cast a Karn that he counters, and then I basically run out of life to activate the Ancient Tombs and I can't cast the Ugin in my hand or activate the Eye of Ugin on my battlefield. I ask him what was in his hand after the game and he basically tells me that the only 1cc spell he had was that Brainstorm which he still got to cast in response to my Chalice. The Chalice was the wrong play in that situation because it didn't really hinder him much, and if I had been able to stick Voltaic Key I would have had 2 more mana each turn to try to cast Ugin or activate the Eye. Back to Basics makes this matchup much rougher than it should be, but we can still win with artifact mana but we have to prioritize it over disruption, imho. I really wish I could have won this match because Andrew is a really great player with a top tier deck and winning this would have basically sent me to the upper seat of the top tables.

R12 vs. Death n Taxes (L 1-2): My opponent in this round was Craig Wescoe who is like the best Death n Taxes player ever, probably. I don't remember much about this match except that he in the game I won I went nuts with artifact mana and cast Ugin and Ulamog, and in the games I lost he had too much disruption for me to get my things going. In G3 he had both Thalia and Wasteland and if he had only had one or the other I had a killer Grim Monolith+Voltaic Key opener but the combination of Wasteland and Thalia stopped me from casting it. Oh well. I need to focus on improving this matchup and the Miracles matchup.

R13 vs. Death n Taxes (W 2-0): My opponent is significantly less skilled with this deck than Craig Wescoe and this time I capitalize on play mistakes he makes and his infamiliarity with the matchup. I cast Kozilek in one of the games, draw a fresh 7 and he's just kind of amazed and shouts "What's going on???". His reaction to the deck was funny.

R14 vs. Grixis Control? BUG? (W 2-1): This deck plays Liliana of the Veil and the blue spell package, but I think I may have seen a Tarmogoyf. Nevertheless, he wins G1 even though I cast a Kozilek due to Kozilek drawing nothing but lands and his edict effects making me sac the Kozilek. In G2 and G3 I just run over him with tons of mana and planeswalkers and Eldrazi.

R15 vs. Lands (W 2-0): I beat him in G1 with Ugin early on. He doesn't have any answers and Ugin just takes the game home. In G2 I board in 4 Ensnaring Bridges and 4 Leyline of the Void and land 2 Leyline and an Ensnaring Bridge early on. Eventually I cast a Chalice of the Void @ 3 to lock out K-Grip and there's basically no way he can win because he doesn't have any other answer to Ensnaring Bridge and he can't recur Punishing Fire with 2 Leylines in play. I threaten him with an Ugin, I think, and then go on to win easily.

So basically, I did manage to dodge alot of Delver and Shadow decks, but I lost to two decks I should beat more often than not (Storm and Miracles). The only match I was probably losing no mattter what I did was Burn, but every other match I lost I could have played better and possibly won. The matches that I did win I made some mistakes in but the sheer power of the deck bailed me out and got me the match win even after losing games due to play mistakes or sloppy play in general.

At the end of the day my 11-4 record was good for 45th place, two Pro Points (my first ones ever), and $250. I had fun the whole weekend (when you're winning more often than losing, you're almost always having fun) and won some more stuff with this deck which just keeps winning me stuff both offline and online. The deck is really solid, but needs a little bit of tweaking to fix some of the supposedly favorable matchups. I'm considering playing more Warping Wail to help beat Death n Taxes and Storm more reliably, and I would also appreciate more advice on how to manage the Back to Basics Miracles matchup.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Aug 2014
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    At the end of the day my 11-4 record was good for 45th place, two Pro Points (my first ones ever), and $250. I had fun the whole weekend (when you're winning more often than losing, you're almost always having fun) and won some more stuff with this deck which just keeps winning me stuff both offline and online. The deck is really solid, but needs a little bit of tweaking to fix some of the supposedly favorable matchups. I'm considering playing more Warping Wail to help beat Death n Taxes and Storm more reliably, and I would also appreciate more advice on how to manage the Back to Basics Miracles matchup.
    The only problem of the deck against DnT is the Revokers and Thalias. When I'm expecting a lot of aggro/tempo decks I usually mainboard 2-3 Warping Wail and/or Spatial Contortion to the deal with the critters and Contortion the Teegs for the other matches. For the Miracles matchup, they usually maindeck 2-3 Back to Basics. To deal with those, I adjusted my main to 3-4 Ulamogs and do a more "Waiting Game" It's obvious that they have the Back to Basics already if they started to fetch basics lands, or they will make you think that they do. So I'd rather wait for the opportunity to hardcast an Ulamog to remove the Back to Basics rather than gamble my lands to be locked out due to playing other disruptions. OR if you can manage to cast Ulamog while your opponent has 3 mana or less then good for you.

PS: I thought you're the one playing here from the video at Youtube

Magic the Gathering GP Richmond 2018 Round 10 Legacy TW
    TEAM BUDGET

Quote Originally Posted by JeezXrist View Post
    To deal with those, I adjusted my main to 3-4 Ulamogs and do a more "Waiting Game"
    This. Ulamog is a 3-off for that reason, Miracles and Stoneblade know who we are now.
    The problem il when you face a good player, he will hold his B2B while putting pressure on us (Jace, Clique, Mentor). It basically the only way for them to win, or be super lucky and grabbing their 2 copies of the enchantment.

On a side note, Probe ban hurt us a bit as discard spells that replace it, especially in Storm and Grixis Delver, are way worse for us than just giving the information to our opponent on how we'll crush them in a few turns.
    Assassin's Trophy is no good news too, BUG will be on the rise and Decay effects + Wasteland-in-a-spell will be rough for us.
    Last edited by ChrisDissent; 09-13-2018 at 05:29 AM. Reason: spelling

@MGB

First of all, my congratulations! Well done and awesome report!

I have a few questions nonetheless:
    1) What do you think about rising Grixis Control popularity? it is hard for us to stop their recursion, K-Commands and Hymns, Snap+Hymns work very well against us. On the bright side they dont play BtB usually, only Blood Moons which are not that scary to us.
    2) I have no doubt that you tested your list meticulously and therefore I would very appreciate your vision on
    a) absence of Sorcerous Spyglasses (Needles) in 75
    b) only 1 Ballista in main. I believe 2nd (or even 3rd) Ballista should make Delver and DnT matchups easier. I can easily see Emmy or Kozilek shaved off for that purpose. (I prefer to play the old Kozi, since I believe in SnT).
    c) 2 Karns in SB. Did you feel that you had any them dead in the matches where you sided them in? They seem as overkill to me.

P.S. As far as I understand, you wanted to add 3rd WW and shave some other slot in your list after GP Richmond.
    On a side note: summing up problematic cards which are hard to deal with in this archetype, I would say that these are fast GAngler, TNN, Delver and BtB. Wasteland is not that scary if they don't draw them in tons. This is to explain my doubt in 3 and 4th Karn.

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Cryoclasm; 09-24-2018 at 03:41 PM. Reason: language =)

Aug 2014
    Philippines

Experimented on a 70 card deck. Went 3-0 on an 8 man tourney

4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

4 Grim Monolith
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Expedition Map
    3 Trinisphere
    3 Voltaic Key
    3 Thran Dynamo
    3 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Basalt Monolith

4 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Thespian Stage
    4 Vesuva
    3 City of Traitors
    2 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1 Dark Depths

SB:

4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Ensnaring Bridge
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    3 Ratchet Bomb

Was very hesitant to try the list at first, but I did just for the heck of it. Just had to stick to the 40% land count computation and it's very much the same.
    TEAM BUDGET

Quote Originally Posted by JeezXrist View Post
    Experimented on a 70 card deck. Went 3-0 on an 8 man tourney

Was very hesitant to try the list at first, but I did just for the heck of it. Just had to stick to the 40% land count computation and it's very much the same.
    I don't get the point of playing 70 cards because you dilute your game plan. You add inconsistency as you can draw the wrong half of the deck, you'll likely see less Cloudpost which is the rocket of the deck (Vesuvas copying Tomb or Glimmerpost are not ideal). You'll be less able to chain Chalice -> Trinisphere if the first one is countered
    Chalice + Expedition Map + Voltaic key is awkward.

I think you have to choose between the Map pack and the traditional Big Eldrazi build.
    I've tested a list around Map and with the DD back up plan + Needle effects to secure this plan (cause Wasteland is THE enemy). Problem is versus combo G1, the deck's a bye. And all in all it's kinda slow, so you're exposed to fast disruptive aggro decks like Death's Shadow or Tempo. It doesn't improve the bad match ups, and I came to the conclusion that playing prison cards + ramp into bombs is more efficient overall.
    Turbo Depths play discard and is faster, Big Eldrazi plays Chalice/Trini/TKS. Here, we just do nothing and try to set up something that will be blown by Wasteland.

Feb 2015
    SF, CA (via London, UK)

I put together a (totally untested) list inspired by some of what I'm seeing in this thread. I have played a decent amount of aggro Eldrazi but want to try going bigger.

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    2 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas
    1 Thespian's Stage
    1 Wastes

2 Karn, Scion of Urza
    3 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

4 Thought-Knot Seer
    1 Walking Ballista

4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Trinisphere
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Thran Dynamo
    3 Voltaic Key
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 All Is Dust

This is my idea for the maindeck. I'm curious about the big titans though. Could I change one of the Kozileks for like a Conduit of Ruin or something? I was also going to put together a slightly less top-heavy version with Oblivion Sowers and Eldrazi Temples but I'm not totally sure about exactly how midrangey to build it.

In Response - Podcast
    Jun 2007
    Berne, Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by cdnza View Post
    I put together a (totally untested) list inspired by some of what I'm seeing in this thread. I have played a decent amount of aggro Eldrazi but want to try going bigger.

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    2 Eye of Ugin
    1 Karakas
    1 Thespian's Stage
    1 Wastes

2 Karn, Scion of Urza
    3 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

4 Thought-Knot Seer
    1 Walking Ballista

4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Trinisphere
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Thran Dynamo
    3 Voltaic Key
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 All Is Dust

This is my idea for the maindeck. I'm curious about the big titans though. Could I change one of the Kozileks for like a Conduit of Ruin or something? I was also going to put together a slightly less top-heavy version with Oblivion Sowers and Eldrazi Temples but I'm not totally sure about exactly how midrangey to build it.
    Your list is quite similar to MGB/pathy's lists and I think that specificaly against Eldrazi you will have a hard time without any Ensnaring Bridges in the first game. You have no removal for TKS, Smasher and Endbringer.
    In the quasimirror your cards are not very effective against colorless threats with more than 3 toughness...

Why do you want to change Kozilek into something smaller? If you play Voltaic Keys you probably want some payoff and the Conduit is not it. You need the titans to have their cast triggers to get back into games.

Lately due to the absence online of pathy most people have played more midrange versions without any Voltaic Keys. This version you outline is better versus non-Hymn/kCommand and non-Loam/Wasteland decks. It is probably worse off against any of the aforementioned (Grixis Control, Aggro Loam and BUG decks). Also it is, as said before, really bad against Eldrazi Aggro.
    Chalice on 1

Nov 2013
    Is., NRW, Germany

Picked up MGB's List for 2 Leagues, going 4-1 and 5-0.
    Only Change was 1 New Kozilek out for 1 Old Kozilek.
    The Lone Loss was against Miracles, countering all my T1 & T2 Plays, then following up with Back to Basics both Games.
    Beating that Card really gives our Deck a hard time.
    New Karn really is a Powerhouse, especially with Chalice, Key and all those Manarocks around.

Sideboard felt pretty fine, I really like the Bridges.

Looking forward to further improve the Deck, it's a blast to play.
    Legacy: Big Eldrazi | Food Chain
    Modern: GriselShoal | Ponza

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHerC View Post
    Picked up MGB's List for 2 Leagues, going 4-1 and 5-0.
    Only Change was 1 New Kozilek out for 1 Old Kozilek.
    The Lone Loss was against Miracles, countering all my T1 & T2 Plays, then following up with Back to Basics both Games.
    Beating that Card really gives our Deck a hard time.
    New Karn really is a Powerhouse, especially with Chalice, Key and all those Manarocks around.

Sideboard felt pretty fine, I really like the Bridges.

Looking forward to further improve the Deck, it's a blast to play.
    You play 2 karn main deck...you side in 2 karn vs matchup?

Nov 2013
    Is., NRW, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    You play 2 karn main deck...you side in 2 karn vs matchup?
    I board them in vs. almost every types of Control/Slow Decks.
    I also bring in at least 1 additional copy vs. Stompy Variants and Blood Moon Decks, as he is castable without specific colorless mana.

For the Matchups You need Bridges against You can stock him up to 4, too, as he is a Value Machine if the Bridges are giving You time.

4 Karn in the 75 seems too much for me.
    Why dedicating 2 sideboard slots to Control matchups, as the deck is originally designed to crush them ? I'd switch them for more tools against delver.decks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDissent View Post
    4 Karn in the 75 seems too much for me.
    Why dedicating 2 sideboard slots to Control matchups, as the deck is originally designed to crush them ? I'd switch them for more tools against delver.decks
    Yes 4 karn too much.
    I think 2 copy main deck and 2 Spatial Contortion in side vs delver deck is good

Nov 2013
    Is., NRW, Germany

For now I am happy with the Deck, but it's still in some kind of experimental state for me.
    The 15 cards in the sideboard will never be the same 15 for each tournament, of course.
    Each month there are 2 bigger local tournaments in my area, and I know what kind of Decks I can expect at which local.

My list

4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost
    4 ancient tomb
    3 city of traitors
    2 eye of ugin
    2 eldrazi temple
    2 vesuva
    2 thespian stage
    1 Urborg
    1 karakas

4 Grim monolith
    4 chalice
    3 trinisphere
    3 dynamo
    3 key
    1 coercive portal

3 ugin
    3 warping wail
    1 all is dust

4 Seer
    3 ulamog
    1 kozilek butcher
    1 ballista
    1 emrakul 2.0

Side
    4 leyline of the void
    4 ensnaring bridge
    2 spyglass
    2 Spatial contortion
    2 ratchet bomb
    1 batterskul

My list

4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost
    4 ancient tomb
    3 city of traitors
    2 eye of ugin
    2 eldrazi temple
    2 vesuva
    2 thespian stage
    1 Urborg
    1 karakas

4 Grim monolith
    4 chalice
    3 trinisphere
    3 dynamo
    3 key
    1 coercive portal

3 ugin
    3 warping wail
    1 all is dust

4 Seer
    3 ulamog
    1 kozilek butcher
    1 ballista
    1 emrakul 2.0

Side
    4 leyline of the void
    4 ensnaring bridge
    2 spyglass
    2 Spatial contortion
    2 ratchet bomb
    1 batterskul
    If you don't go the midrange way (with more mid-sized eldrazis) I'll switch the Temples for extra Vesuva/City. Only 6 cards benefits from them, while you want to duplicate as many Cloudpost you can or be sure you'll fire a Chalice or Grim T1.
    Also why WW in the maindeck ? I always consider it as a reactive card that doesn't match with our gameplan G1. Post board it's wonderful.
    You should consider 1 Karn vs your Portal, as it digs too and can buy you some turns while facing opponent's creatures. Versatility is a huge plus.

I think MBG's list is close to be the most competitive overall.
    I just don't like the 2nd Karakas (could be another Thespian's Stage or 3rd Eye), and I miss either a 3rd Ulamog (back to Basics killer) or a 2nd Ballista.
    Sideboard : I can't imagine playing without Sorcerous Spyglass. 4th Bridge, Trinisphere and the 2 extra Karn are easily switched for me, and let me insert a 1x Spatial Contortion.

If you don't go the midrange way (with more mid-sized eldrazis) I'll switch the Temples for extra Vesuva/City. Only 6 cards benefits from them, while you want to duplicate as many Cloudpost you can or be sure you'll fire a Chalice or Grim T1.
    Also why WW in the maindeck ? I always consider it as a reactive card that doesn't match with our gameplan G1. Post board it's wonderful.
    You should consider 1 Karn vs your Portal, as it digs too and can buy you some turns while facing opponent's creatures. Versatility is a huge plus.

I think MBG's list is close to be the most competitive overall.
    I just don't like the 2nd Karakas (could be another Thespian's Stage or 3rd Eye), and I miss either a 3rd Ulamog (back to Basics killer) or a 2nd Ballista.
    Sideboard : I can't imagine playing without Sorcerous Spyglass. 4th Bridge, Trinisphere and the 2 extra Karn are easily switched for me, and let me insert a 1x Spatial Contortion.
    Yes MGB list is very good.
    You can add a list of MGB whit your changes

Yes MGB list is very good.
    You can add a list of MGB whit your changes
    Basically what I was saying above :
    - 1 Kozilek -1 Karakas -1 Basalt Monolith -1 Ugin PW (-1 Key)
    +1 Ulamog +1 Eye of Ugin +1 Dynamo +1 All is Dust (+1 Thespian Stage)

Sb : -2 Karn -1 Bridge -1 Trinisphere -1 All is Dust
    +3 Spyglass +1 Spatial Contortion +1 Wurmcoil Engine

Matter of personal taste, sometimes you wish you had an All is Dust rather than that 8 mana Planeswalker stuck in hand.
    Multiples Karakas are awkward and doesn't provide colorless mana.
    Ulamog is far superior than everything else when you're about to invest 10 mana in a counterable spell.
    Finally, Eye is so much a gamebreaker once it hits the table it's worth the drawback drawing it when you're trying to ramp into Ugin PW. Also helps casting AiD turn 2-3-4.

Basically what I was saying above :
    - 1 Kozilek -1 Karakas -1 Basalt Monolith -1 Ugin PW (-1 Key)
    +1 Ulamog +1 Eye of Ugin +1 Dynamo +1 All is Dust (+1 Thespian Stage)

Sb : -2 Karn -1 Bridge -1 Trinisphere -1 All is Dust
    +3 Spyglass +1 Spatial Contortion +1 Wurmcoil Engine

Matter of personal taste, sometimes you wish you had an All is Dust rather than that 8 mana Planeswalker stuck in hand.
    Multiples Karakas are awkward and doesn't provide colorless mana.
    Ulamog is far superior than everything else when you're about to invest 10 mana in a counterable spell.
    Finally, Eye is so much a gamebreaker once it hits the table it's worth the drawback drawing it when you're trying to ramp into Ugin PW. Also helps casting AiD turn 2-3-4.
    Thanks. Next time i test you list and write a report

Thread Information