Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: BigEldrazi

Freedom is just as essential as air
    Jan 2013

Re: BigEldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by nimkee View Post
    Why the jump to 4 Ugin vs other options? I love Ugin, just curious. Ive also seen the matter reshaper build place / do well. How do you feel about those?

Seems like most decks want about 14 threats...oddly enough the same as Delver.

Sent from my SM-G935S using Tapatalk
    I've added a full set of Matter Reshaper today because I started noticing that I was bricking with too many high mana intensive threats. I'm currently splitting my Ugins between the main and the side now, and debating what do with All is Dust.

The good thing about Ugin is that he's a swiss army knife. The most important is the -x, but the Ghostfire ability is great, most notably if I find myself locking the board down with Ensnaring Bridge. I haven't gotten the ultimate in this deck yet, but from the past decks, if I ever do, I know it basically spells the end of the game.
    "Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void, empty, and become wind."

Yesterday my list 30 land (pithing needle main deck) win 5 1

G1 Vs ant win 2 1
    G2 Vs land lose 1 2
    G3 Vs dark depht win 2 0
    G4 Vs deathblade win 2 1
    G5 Vs bugr win 2 0
    G6 Vs ur delver win 2 0

I think next big tournament i play this version.. Pithing needle main deck is very strong...and in new meta post bann sensei this version is more solid

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    Yesterday i test my new list

4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost
    4 vesuva
    4 eye of ugin
    4 ancient tomb
    4 eldrazi temple
    3 thespian stage
    1 karakas
    2 urborg

4 chalice of the void
    4 Trinisphere
    4 pithing needle

4 ulamog
    4 seer
    4 oblivion sower
    1 kozilek butcher
    1 emrakul new

4 all is dust

Side
    4 warping wail
    4 leyline of the void
    2 wurmcoil
    3 spine of ish
    2 ashen rider

My result 6 0
    Win Vs land 2 0,bug delver 2 1, bugr 2 0,Sneak and show 2 0,Burn 2 1, death and taxes 2 0

Pithing needle main deck is very good, no problem chalice.. I play pithing needle call wasteland, vial, Liliana, jace ecc... Turn 2 chalice o trinisphere...

Emrakul new is nice... I play this card cost 8 9 mana...destroy hand my oppo.. Is gg

What do you think?
    How has the 4* Vesuva and 4* Eye of Ugin worked out? Seems that those can be awkward at times causing shitty openers and topdeck.

Also, have you considered Conduit of Ruin? Seems pretty strong in this version.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Playing Big Eldrazi for a while now. Played about 150 matches so far. The first week after the top ban I felt no difference in matches. But then the meta changed (at least online). Before Top-Ban I won about 65-70% of my matches, one week later it was about 50%. Thatīs a lot. The reasons are:
    - more Delver in all variants
    - all in all more creature based decks with too many early threats

So I made some changes. I think, we have to play more cards to interact with our opponents. Playing a turn 4 Ulamog often isnīt enough because weīre way too much behind. Many times I had the following situation: Opponent turn 1 Delver, I play land, He flipps Delver, plays wasteland. Then we need another 2-4 turns to come back. we cast a spell and it getīs countered. So weīre pretty dead. I hate that and it happened way more often after top-ban.
    - I added warping wail and spatial contortion to handle the early threats and counter some shit like hymns, natural order, green sun zenith ...
    - I cut Grim monolith and Dynamos. On the one hand you lose some explosiveness, but you get more consistency. I agree with caprino, that 29-31 lands are pretty solid (e.g. they are safe to Thoughtseize and cards like Kolaghans Command, that you see more often now).
    - I also play Needle because we need weapons against wasteland, Jace, Liliana, DRS and many other shitty cards.
    - I Play Kozileks Channeler.I not sure about this card yet, but it did a great Job so far. It is safe to Abrupt Decay and Fatal Push. You can Cast it Temple and Eye of Ugin and it has a solid body to block the early threats of our opponents. And of Course it ramps your mana. I had quite a few matches, where my opponents couldnīt handle it. I think it is a very underestimated card!

So this is what I came up with.

Creatures:
    4 Ulamog ceaseless Hunger
    3 Kozileks Channeler
    4 Thought Knot Seer
    4 Oblivion Sower (=> great Blocker and good mana Ramp in combination with Urborg)
    1 Kozilek Butcher of truth

Instants/Sorceries:
    3 All is Dust
    3 Warping wail => too strong to be ignored
    2 Spatial Contortion => tried 2 Dismember first but 4 Life to kill a DRS or a Thalia ... is just to much

Artifacts:
    4 Pithing Needle
    4 Trinisphere

Lands:
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    2 Urborg
    3 City of Traitors

I "only" play 28 lands because of the 3 Channelers.

Sideboard: (Iīm trying out some things. So would like to hafe some comments on it)

4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Wurmcoil Engine (against Eldrazi, burn, UR Delver, Nic Fit ...)
    2 Endbringer (against SnT and the just named creature decks)
    1 Dismember (KotR, Gurmag Angler ...)
    2 Phyrexian Revoker (against Food Chain, Elves, planeswalkers) => not sure about it yet
    3 Thorn of Amethyst (against Belcher, Storm and every other combo shit)
    1 Warping Wail

I would love to get some comments on it. Spend lotīs of time working on this list and hope to get some feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by josch6083 View Post
    Playing Big Eldrazi for a while now. Played about 150 matches so far. The first week after the top ban I felt no difference in matches. But then the meta changed (at least online). Before Top-Ban I won about 65-70% of my matches, one week later it was about 50%. Thatīs a lot. The reasons are:

So I made some changes. I think, we have to play more cards to interact with our opponents. Playing a turn 4 Ulamog often isnīt enough because weīre way too much behind. Many times I had the following situation: Opponent turn 1 Delver, I play land, He flipps Delver, plays wasteland. Then we need another 2-4 turns to come back. we cast a spell and it getīs countered. So weīre pretty dead. I hate that and it happened way more often after top-ban.
    - I added warping wail and spatial contortion to handle the early threats and counter some shit like hymns, natural order, green sun zenith ...
    - I cut Grim monolith and Dynamos. On the one hand you lose some explosiveness, but you get more consistency. I agree with caprino, that 29-31 lands are pretty solid (e.g. they are safe to Thoughtseize and cards like Kolaghans Command, that you see more often now).
    - I also play Needle because we need weapons against wasteland, Jace, Liliana, DRS and many other shitty cards.
    - I Play Kozileks Channeler.I not sure about this card yet, but it did a great Job so far. It is safe to Abrupt Decay and Fatal Push. You can Cast it Temple and Eye of Ugin and it has a solid body to block the early threats of our opponents. And of Course it ramps your mana. I had quite a few matches, where my opponents couldnīt handle it. I think it is a very underestimated card!

Creatures:
    3 Kozileks Channeler
    4 Thought Knot Seer
    4 Oblivion Sower (=> great Blocker and good mana Ramp in combination with Urborg)

Instants/Sorceries:
    3 All is Dust
    2 Spatial Contortion => tried 2 Dismember first but 4 Life to kill a DRS or a Thalia ... is just to much

Artifacts:
    4 Pithing Needle
    4 Trinisphere

Lands:
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    2 Urborg
    3 City of Traitors

Sideboard: (Iīm trying out some things. So would like to hafe some comments on it)

4 Leyline of the Void
    2 Phyrexian Revoker (against Food Chain, Elves, planeswalkers) => not sure about it yet
    1 Warping Wail

I would love to get some comments on it. Spend lotīs of time working on this list and hope to get some feedback.
    Interesting....chalice of the void? Is more important main deck

Jul 2011
    Germany

Had a solid 5:0 run today, beating UR Delver, Eldrazi, BG Pox, RG Lands and UWR Standstill.

I trimmed my maindeck a little bit, now a 3:3 M.Reshaper/O.Sower and 2:2 Urborg/Vesuva split. I can't imagine to cut all the mana artifacts for more land drops - monolith and dynamo (paired with key) speed up most games and will ensure that you are still able to win if your manabase is attacked (Wasteland/Port/Moon) For example today i have won vs lands against loam+waste only on the back of my artifacts. Land count is still 25 so more or less as low as possible but with artifacts, reshaper and sower and only 5 big eldrazi (for me more than enough if you avoid to many clunky hands) it feels alright.

More smaller creatures will also ensure you can pressure your opponent or at least defend enough while you are build up for the big ones/all is dust to end the game. Reshaper/TKS/Sower are quite easy to cast in most cases. I have also 3:3 Endbringer/Ballista at Side to get more dudes&removal if needed. Each opponent will simply try to prevent the ramp-idea of this deck because most decks will struggle once you hit 10 mana+ and cast ulamog&friends or starts tutoring with eye.

I also have cutted leyline as a test - always found it bad to either mulligan for it or to accept that is nearly uncastable in most cases. Hands with Chalice&Co are still fine and i like to have usable topdecks as a hatecard. So i am back with 3x Faerie and 1x Karakas at side.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by MD.Ghost View Post
    Had a solid 5:0 run today, beating UR Delver, Eldrazi, BG Pox, RG Lands and UWR Standstill.

I trimmed my maindeck a little bit, now a 3:3 M.Reshaper/O.Sower and 2:2 Urborg/Vesuva split. I can't imagine to cut all the mana artifacts for more land drops - monolith and dynamo (paired with key) speed up most games and will ensure that you are still able to win if your manabase is attacked (Wasteland/Port/Moon) For example today i have won vs lands against loam+waste only on the back of my artifacts. Land count is still 25 so more or less as low as possible but with artifacts, reshaper and sower and only 5 big eldrazi (for me more than enough if you avoid to many clunky hands) it feels alright.

More smaller creatures will also ensure you can pressure your opponent or at least defend enough while you are build up for the big ones/all is dust to end the game. Reshaper/TKS/Sower are quite easy to cast in most cases. I have also 3:3 Endbringer/Ballista at Side to get more dudes&removal if needed. Each opponent will simply try to prevent the ramp-idea of this deck because most decks will struggle once you hit 10 mana+ and cast ulamog&friends or starts tutoring with eye.

I also have cutted leyline as a test - always found it bad to either mulligan for it or to accept that is nearly uncastable in most cases. Hands with Chalice&Co are still fine and i like to have usable topdecks as a hatecard. So i am back with 3x Faerie and 1x Karakas at side.
    Nice idea... Write you new list main deck and side. Thanks

according to what MD said i think it's

// 60 Maindeck
    // 17 Artifact
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Trinisphere
    3 Voltaic Key
    3 Thran Dynamo

// 15 Creature
    3 Matter Reshaper
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    3 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    3 Oblivion Sower
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion

// 25 Land
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Vesuva

// 3 Sorcery
    3 All Is Dust

// 15 Sideboard
    // 3 Artifact
    SB: 3 Pithing Needle

// 9 Creature
    SB: 3 Walking Ballista
    SB: 3 Endbringer
    SB: 3 Faerie Macabre

// 2 Instant
    SB: 2 Warping Wail

// 1 Land
    SB: 1 Karakas

Quote Originally Posted by P-E View Post
    according to what MD said i think it's

// 60 Maindeck
    // 17 Artifact
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Trinisphere
    3 Voltaic Key
    3 Thran Dynamo

// 15 Creature
    3 Matter Reshaper
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    3 Oblivion Sower

// 25 Land
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Vesuva

// 3 Sorcery
    3 All Is Dust

// 15 Sideboard
    // 3 Artifact

// 9 Creature

// 2 Instant

// 1 Land
    I've come to similar conclusions. Definitely going with matter reshapers. I bricked on lands even with 27 and on crucial o. Sowers I end up blanking against dnt (3rd time in a row). They feel bad against combo but meh. I am going to move things around like above and go for needle in the main too but keeping the rocks.

Here is one of my matches from Monday: https://youtu.be/37zIiDCZhcc

Its agains Dragon Stompy.

Aug 2014
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by nimkee View Post
    I've come to similar conclusions. Definitely going with matter reshapers. I bricked on lands even with 27 and on crucial o. Sowers I end up blanking against dnt (3rd time in a row). They feel bad against combo but meh. I am going to move things around like above and go for needle in the main too but keeping the rocks.

Here is one of my matches from Monday: https://youtu.be/37zIiDCZhcc

Its agains Dragon Stompy.

There's misplay on Game 2 when you played All is Dust on a lone Simian Spirit Guide when you should've waited and untapped the Grim Monolith instead end of turn and casted All is Dust the turn after the Blood Moon came.

You would've won that game tho' ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by JeezXrist View Post
    There's misplay on Game 2 when you played All is Dust on a lone Simian Spirit Guide when you should've waited and untapped the Grim Monolith instead end of turn and casted All is Dust the turn after the Blood Moon came.

You would've won that game tho' ^_^
    It was my first time against dragon stompy. I told the guy that after too and we laughed about it.

I had done so well against dnt in the past I kept risky hands in the 3rd round and lost bc of it. He also drew perfect too, 3 wastelands into a port and a Thalia. Gg. I'll be embarrassed if that one gets posted lol.

Jul 2011
    Germany

Today i saw the reason why we should use "the power of legacy" and run artifacts over more lands:

I got a nut hands against unknown opponent (Sneak & Show) and it went like that:

On the play Game 1;
    turn 1: City>G.Monolith>Key>TKS (Opponent has 2 Show, so i grap the Cantrip)
    turn 2: City tap, untap/tap Monolith, Temple, cast O.Sower (9 Power T2 is already fine)
    his turn 3: he cast show and i had good old Kozilek at my starting hand too and annihilate his field with 4 permanents..

On the play Game 3;
    turn1: Tomb>G.Monolith>G.Monolith>Key>Dynamo(!)>untap 1 Monolith
    turn2: Eye (Ulamog already in hand decided to wait one more turn), search for TKS end of his turn
    turn3: Urborg, cast TKS (aka Protection), cast Ulamog(!) destroying his two lands

Overall this feeled like playing combo and i knew it was super lucky but it also shows that you can go nuts with this deck and sometimes you need moments like this to win tournament games. I would never play this deck without Monolith/Dynamo/Key interaction.

Another note about Walking Ballista - my favourite guy at side - played vs infect (G2), turn 1 Tomb into Ballista, kill noble h.; turn 2 powering out 4 Mana for 2nd Ballista as a 2/2, killing b.agent next turn and after that stick on the field with more counters, beating my opponent and laughing about his inkmoth hits because he can't pump it anymore if you can control the stack too. Having common removal spell in this situation will not help because it a) can't beat your opponent and b) you need to hold up mana every turn and c) you only trade 1:1 or if you are unlucky simply catch a counter and do nothing.

@build - see above P.E. encoded it already - today+yesterday my record is now 12:1 in matchups which feels good.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by MD.Ghost View Post
    Today i saw the reason why we should use "the power of legacy" and run artifacts over more lands:

I got a nut hands against unknown opponent (Sneak & Show) and it went like that:

On the play Game 1;
    turn 1: City>G.Monolith>Key>TKS (Opponent has 2 Show, so i grap the Cantrip)
    turn 2: City tap, untap/tap Monolith, Temple, cast O.Sower (9 Power T2 is already fine)
    his turn 3: he cast show and i had good old Kozilek at my starting hand too and annihilate his field with 4 permanents..

On the play Game 3;
    turn1: Tomb>G.Monolith>G.Monolith>Key>Dynamo(!)>untap 1 Monolith
    turn2: Eye (Ulamog already in hand decided to wait one more turn), search for TKS end of his turn
    turn3: Urborg, cast TKS (aka Protection), cast Ulamog(!) destroying his two lands

Overall this feeled like playing combo and i knew it was super lucky but it also shows that you can go nuts with this deck and sometimes you need moments like this to win tournament games. I would never play this deck without Monolith/Dynamo/Key interaction.

Another note about Walking Ballista - my favourite guy at side - played vs infect (G2), turn 1 Tomb into Ballista, kill noble h.; turn 2 powering out 4 Mana for 2nd Ballista as a 2/2, killing b.agent next turn and after that stick on the field with more counters, beating my opponent and laughing about his inkmoth hits because he can't pump it anymore if you can control the stack too. Having common removal spell in this situation will not help because it a) can't beat your opponent and b) you need to hold up mana every turn and c) you only trade 1:1 or if you are unlucky simply catch a counter and do nothing.

@build - see above P.E. encoded it already - today+yesterday my record is now 12:1 in matchups which feels good.
    do you play this list?
    // 60 Maindeck
    // 17 Artifact
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Trinisphere
    3 Voltaic Key
    3 Thran Dynamo

// 15 Creature
    3 Matter Reshaper
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    3 Oblivion Sower

// 25 Land
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Vesuva

// 3 Sorcery
    3 All Is Dust

// 15 Sideboard
    // 3 Artifact

// 9 Creature

// 2 Instant

// 1 Land

Yes, he replied in the previous comment about that.

Yesterday I played in 48 players tournament with this build:

// 60 Maindeck
    // 17 Artifact
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Trinisphere
    3 Voltaic Key
    3 Thran Dynamo

// 15 Creature
    2 Walking Ballista
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    3 Wurmcoil Engine

// 25 Land
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Vesuva
    2 Cavern of Souls

// 3 Sorcery
    3 All Is Dust

// 15 Sideboard
    SB: 2 Ratchet bomb
    SB: 3 Spatial Contortion
    SB: 4 Leyline of the Void
    SB: 3 Warping Wail

2-1 Grixis Delver
    2-0 BR reanimator (he made 2 huge misplays both games)
    0-2 BG Turbo Depths
    2-1 Eldrazi Aggro
    0-2 Eldrazi Aggro
    2-1 Duke BUG (TNN, Leovold, Hierarch)

4-2 total

I want to try Reshapers. Wurmcoils are awesome. Autowin against BUG.

Quote Originally Posted by josch6083 View Post

Creatures:
    3 Kozileks Channeler
    4 Thought Knot Seer

Instants/Sorceries:
    3 All is Dust

Artifacts:
    4 Pithing Needle
    4 Trinisphere

Lands:
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    2 Urborg
    3 City of Traitors

4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Warping Wail

I love the concept. Have you considered Conduit of Ruin instead of Channeler? It costs one more mana but is beefier and also tutors up a nice threat.

I am confused with this sentence. What do you mean?
    You can Cast it Temple and Eye of Ugin and it has a solid body to block the early threats of our opponents.
    Channeler costs 5, so you can't cast it in this deck from 2 lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryoclasm View Post
    Yes, he replied in the previous comment about that.

Yesterday I played in 48 players tournament with this build:

// 60 Maindeck
    // 17 Artifact
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Trinisphere
    3 Voltaic Key
    3 Thran Dynamo

// 15 Creature
    2 Walking Ballista
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    3 Wurmcoil Engine

// 25 Land
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Vesuva
    2 Cavern of Souls

// 3 Sorcery
    3 All Is Dust

// 15 Sideboard
    SB: 2 Ratchet bomb
    SB: 3 Spatial Contortion
    SB: 4 Leyline of the Void
    SB: 3 Warping Wail

2-1 Grixis Delver
    2-0 BR reanimator (he made 2 huge misplays both games)
    0-2 BG Turbo Depths
    2-1 Eldrazi Aggro
    0-2 Eldrazi Aggro
    2-1 Duke BUG (TNN, Leovold, Hierarch)

4-2 total

I want to try Reshapers. Wurmcoils are awesome. Autowin against BUG.
    I tried the reshapers but never drew them. I went 1-3 winning against dnt but losing to turbo depths and then losing twice to aggro loam. Double diamond into a bob and wasteland start one game and an immediate loam lock LOL. Horrible. My meta is packed with lands and loam. Im givin Big Eldrazi a rest for awhile and switching to something with crop rotations and bogs. This deck is a lot of fun in a more diverse meta tho and can be a blast. I found the dredge matchup tough btw. The games were surprisingly interactive (I run 2 warping wail main which helped a ton, also good against show and tell).

Boy I hope this new Predict/Portent Miracles build becomes really popular!

It's like a crappier version of the old Miracles that's even easier to crush with this deck. If the "new" Miracles deck becomes tier 1 then this deck becomes even better than it was pre-ban!

I feel like the new miracles is a harder match up for this deck. The deck never cared about counter top beacuse of it's high CC. The new miracles really loads up on snapcasters and hard counters ( and I think more jaces/mentors) which cost pose a problem for this deck. I think Chalice+3Phere is really needed in the main right now

Aug 2014
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    I feel like the new miracles is a harder match up for this deck. The deck never cared about counter top beacuse of it's high CC. The new miracles really loads up on snapcasters and hard counters ( and I think more jaces/mentors) which cost pose a problem for this deck. I think Chalice+3Phere is really needed in the main right now
    I had some games with this new Miracles and they're much easier to deal with. Most of the time they don't mind the Grim Monoliths and Thran Dynamo's which is essential in building up early mana and cast Ulamog's and/or any Kaiju we have in the deck.
    TEAM BUDGET

Thread Information