Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: BigEldrazi

Re: BigEldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by Cocheloco View Post
    Thanks a lot MGB. Are you still playing this list?

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/703034#paper

I see you trimmed on eldrazi lands to be able to cast your Ugins more reliable with city of traitors/crystal vein. On the other hand, I see "cin" having success keeping 4 eldrazi temple and 3 eye of Ugin in his build which is heavy in planeswakers (beautiful deck picture by the way).
    I play a mixture of this deck, Thalia Stompy. Eldrazi, Metalworker, and Soldier Stompy on MODO pretty regularly in the Legacy leagues. I had a 4-1 recently with this deck and then my next league I had a 4-1 with Thalia Stompy. I'm still trying to settle on the best deck for the upcoming events (Eternal Extravaganza, Eternal Weekend, and the Washington DC SCG Legacy Open).

I've actually been playing Thespian's Stage in this deck right now instead of the Crystal Veins. It definitely has some upside in being able to copy Cloudposts.

Thanks a lot MGB. Are you still playing this list?

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/703034#paper

I see you trimmed on eldrazi lands to be able to cast your Ugins more reliable with city of traitors/crystal vein. On the other hand, I see "cin" having success keeping 4 eldrazi temple and 3 eye of Ugin in his build which is heavy in planeswakers (beautiful deck picture by the way).
    Hi Cocheloco,

Thanks! Btw, here's another result on our Local Legacy Event. I made it to 5th and my Teammate JeezXrist also made it to 8th Place.

There's two BIG Eldrazi Decklists on the link provided below:
    http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=16628&d=302860&f=LE

My Decklist:
    26 LANDS
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Karakas
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Vesuva

9 CREATURES
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    3 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

3 INSTANTS and SORC.
    3 All Is Dust

6 PLANESWALKERS
    4 Karn Liberated
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

17 ARTIFACTS
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo
    3 Trinisphere
    2 Voltaic Key

SIDEBOARD
    4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Pithing Needle
    3 Spatial Contortion
    4 Warping Wail
    Team Budget
    "Deadly When Hungry"

Thanks a lot for the update

Guys, do you think the land Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper has a place in this deck after the rule that says all planeswalkers will be legendary? I don't see any land we can cut to replace with this one

Cheers

cant play as much as he wants

Jun 2010

comes into play tapped, you can only spend the mana on legends (includes Planeswalkers) and still pay 2 life.
    nope, untaikade is not worth a dime in this deck, even if you played like 4 Ugin and 4 Karn, i'd say its still not worth it. It can't cast trinisphere, grim monolith, chalice ... and on.... its just a bad land.

Quote Originally Posted by sporenfrosch1411 View Post
    comes into play tapped, you can only spend the mana on legends (includes Planeswalkers) and still pay 2 life.
    nope, untaikade is not worth a dime in this deck, even if you played like 4 Ugin and 4 Karn, i'd say its still not worth it. It can't cast trinisphere, grim monolith, chalice ... and on.... its just a bad land.
    Agree with you. Wont buy any!

Guys, do you think the land Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper has a place in this deck after the rule that says all planeswalkers will be legendary? I don't see any land we can cut to replace with this one

Cheers
    Nope. I agree with what sporenfrosch1411 said. I would rather use a 1-Time-Use Sol like (Crystal Vein) than using this land.
    Team Budget
    "Deadly When Hungry"

Quote Originally Posted by darkgh0st View Post
    After much brewing, I played this list at my LGS FNM:

2-0 vs UW Miracles
    2-0 vs Landstill
    2-0 vs Sneak and Show
    2-0 vs Grixis Control
    After going 4-0 again two weeks ago (Pox, Food Chain, Maverick, Lands), I went 0-2 drop yesterday vs Moon Stompy and DnT. I went to test some more vs Moon Stompy and vs Elves losing most of my games. My early disruption was not good enough and the deck didn't transition the early to mid game to early-late game very well. I think it's time to use the mana rocks. I'm liking Cin's and MGB's list with a good amount of PWs.

Cin, nice foils. I'd really like to know how long you've been playing the deck and what are your thoughts about how the deck mulligans.

I just got Top 4 in the latest Legacy Challenge with my version of this deck.

I went undefeated into the Top 4 (7-0) where I lost a close match to UBG Leovold where I mis-boarded in G2 and G3 and kept Endbringers and TKSs in when I should sideboard them out for more Coercive Portal and All is Dust - keeping Endbringer and TKS in vs. the UBG decks turns on their Diabolic Edicts whereas if you have nothing but Top-end threats and Portals and All is Dust, it renders their Diabolic Edicts dead for the most part.

The deck was running hot the entire Challenge and it felt like I was unbeatable until the very end. I steamrolled through the swiss winning most of my matches with 30+ minutes to spare.

My most recent configuration plays Endbringers MD as a bridge to the fatties.

The decklist should be up shortly on Wizards' and MTGGoldfish's websites.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Aug 2014
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post

I went undefeated into the Top 4 (7-0) where I lost a close match to UBG Leovold where I mis-boarded in G2 and G3 and kept Endbringers and TKSs in when I should sideboard them out for more Coercive Portal and All is Dust - keeping Endbringer and TKS in vs. the UBG decks turns on their Diabolic Edicts whereas if you have nothing but Top-end threats and Portals and All is Dust, it renders their Diabolic Edicts dead for the most part.

The deck was running hot the entire Challenge and it felt like I was unbeatable until the very end. I steamrolled through the swiss winning most of my matches with 30+ minutes to spare.

Can you give us a detailed tournament report, like your decklist, matchups and how you board and de-board so that we can have a clear perspective on how each build deviates from another due to meta call.

Thanks. :)
    TEAM BUDGET

Congratulations! I thought you had gone completely Eldrazi Stompi. Looking forward to seen your list!

Decklist is here: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/770874#paper

Sideboarding guide:

- vs. Elves: -2 Kozilek, -1 Ulamog, -2 Voltaic Key, -1 Hedron Archive, -1 Basalt Monolith, +1 Trinisphere, +4 Ensnaring Bridge, +2 All is Dust
    - vs. Reanimator: -2 Kozilek, -2 Voltaic Key, -1 Hedron Archive, +4 Leyline of the Void, +4 Ensnaring Bridge, +1 Trinisphere
    - vs. Miracles: -4 Thought-Knot Seer, +3 Coercive Portal, +1 Emrakul
    - vs. Lands: -1 Trinisphere, -1 Hedron Archive, -1 Voltaic Key, -1 Kozilek, +4 Ensnaring Bridge
    - vs. BUG/Leovold: -4 Thought-Knot Seer, -2 Endbringer, +3 Coervice Portal, +2 All is Dust, +1 Emrakul
    - vs. Burn: -1 Kozilek, +1 Trinisphere
    - vs. UBR Pyromancer: -2 Voltaic Key, -1 Ulamog, +2 All is Dust, +1 Trinisphere
    - vs. Dredge: -2 Kozilek, -2 Ulamog, +4 Leyline of the Void
    - vs. Storm: -1 Ulamog, -1 Kozilek, -1 Endbringer, +2 All is Dust, +1 Trinisphere

Just some matchups off the top of my head...
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

@MGB, would you be able to share how were the changes? Which ones really mattered and which ones were insignificant?

Sideboarding guide:

- vs. Elves: -2 Kozilek, -1 Ulamog, -2 Voltaic Key, -1 Hedron Archive, -1 Basalt Monolith, +1 Trinisphere, +4 Ensnaring Bridge, +2 All is Dust
    - vs. Reanimator: -2 Kozilek, -2 Voltaic Key, -1 Hedron Archive, +4 Leyline of the Void, +4 Ensnaring Bridge, +1 Trinisphere
    - vs. Lands: -1 Trinisphere, -1 Hedron Archive, -1 Voltaic Key, -1 Kozilek, +4 Ensnaring Bridge
    - vs. BUG/Leovold: -4 Thought-Knot Seer, -2 Endbringer, +3 Coervice Portal, +2 All is Dust, +1 Emrakul
    - vs. Storm: -1 Ulamog, -1 Kozilek, -1 Endbringer, +2 All is Dust, +1 Trinisphere

I have played with your Ugin's build and It is very solid. =D

I have not played yet with your recent changes and I would like to know how good were the main decks Endbringers. Also how the Hedron Archive performed for you? Did you use the draw ability or It was not relevant?

The archive draw ability was not relevant during the tournament but it was relevant during testing in leagues. I just hate losing games where I have mana rocks but nothing to cast with them - this was one thing I tested to alleviate that problem.

The Endbringers are really good in this deck because they are a mid-game bridge to the late game. They can block enemy creatures like Pyromancer or Gurmag Angler, and they can kill random x/1s, and they can function as a draw engine with the third ability. That's the key - I wanted something that could draw cards mid-game like Coercive Portal but something that wasn't just a blank card if it wasn't drawing. Endbringer fulfills those roles, and against creature removal heavy decks you board them out for Coercive Portals to fulfill the same role but without dying to removal.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

I

Sideboarding guide:

vs death and taxes and sneak and show and omnitell?

Aug 2014
    Philippines

@ MGB

I just saw your decklist and I'm wondering why didn't you have any Pithing Needle in the main or SB? How do you deal with decks with Wastelands?
    TEAM BUDGET

Sideboarding guide:

This list seems again more like the "original" Legends MUD: More mana rocks, less eldrazi lands. But that seems the logical consequence with 4 Ugins.
    I'm not sure whats best here. Ugin is super strong of course, but having 4 Eldrazi Temple / Eyes enables All is Dust turn 3-4 quite often...

How does new Kozilek perform? I always used the old one, since i always felt the Anihilator trigger more relevant than trying to counter spells via new Kozis activated ability...
    Did you never have any problem with Coercive Portal vs. Leovold? I prefere the Endbringer there, since he allows us to draw end of opponends turn while the Portal is a 4 mana artifact with no ability under Leovold...

In IXA Sorcerous Spyglass is a One-for-one replacement for pithing needle right? There's enough sol lands to make it a reliable turn one play.

Quote Originally Posted by P210 View Post
    This list seems again more like the "original" Legends MUD: More mana rocks, less eldrazi lands. But that seems the logical consequence with 4 Ugins.
    I'm not sure whats best here. Ugin is super strong of course, but having 4 Eldrazi Temple / Eyes enables All is Dust turn 3-4 quite often...

How does new Kozilek perform? I always used the old one, since i always felt the Anihilator trigger more relevant than trying to counter spells via new Kozis activated ability...
    Did you never have any problem with Coercive Portal vs. Leovold? I prefere the Endbringer there, since he allows us to draw end of opponends turn while the Portal is a 4 mana artifact with no ability under Leovold...
    The main difference with 4 Ugin is that they are a win condition by themselves but the most important is that they can do something under the Ensnaring Bridge lock. The new Kozilek is very strong because most of the time you will try to empty your hand to ramp as soon as possible. The counter ability is relevant but sometimes chalice for 1 will be enough to handle the most common removals. Annihilator is interesting but if you already have a big eldrazi on the field and you survived to attack you are in a pretty good shape.

Thread Information