Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: BigEldrazi

Re: BigEldrazi

1 emrakul main deck is good? You prefer 4 endbringer or 4 conduit of ruin main deck?

I don't play conduit anymore, maybe I'll try a split between endbringer and wurmcoil engine.
    You most of the time can fetch the big eldrazi, and cards with direct impact might be better.
    If wurmcoil engine was an eldrazi Ild play 4 for sure.
    I think emrakul is winmore, decks which tryies to go to long games are generally good matchups.

Played a small tornament 20 people+top 8 went second. With a version where I din't have the warping wail+all is dust+wurmcoil engine + spatial contorsion.
    I lost to painter 1-2 then beat grixis 2-0 (his delver didn't want to flip) then UR delver 2-0 ; manaless dredge 2-0 (i had cage instead of faeie macabre) then draw to top8.
    Was feeling lucky vs delvers.decks.

Beat death and taxes 2-1, mefolk 2-1 in top8 and lost to the eldrazi stompy 1-2.

I feel that the kozilek are too focused on the miracle matchup one second in side and one maindeck is enough. The card is a bit too slow (i played two maindeck and still was feeling it was too much), i most of the time prefer ulamog.

I prefer warping wail over trinisphere ; and all is dust main deck.

I have put the deck I would have played if had all the cards in the first post.

I also feel 4 ancient tomb is too much the life loss is often an issue without urborg tomb ; would play 2 urborg, tomb main deck; instead of 1 tomb/vesuva and might ad some maze of ith

Quote Originally Posted by adrieng View Post
    Played a small tornament 20 people+top 8 went second. With a version where I din't have the warping wail+all is dust+wurmcoil engine + spatial contorsion.
    I lost to painter 1-2 then beat grixis 2-0 (his delver didn't want to flip) then UR delver 2-0 ; manaless dredge 2-0 (i had cage instead of faeie macabre) then draw to top8.
    Was feeling lucky vs delvers.decks.

Beat death and taxes 2-1, mefolk 2-1 in top8 and lost to the eldrazi stompy 1-2.

I feel that the kozilek are too focused on the miracle matchup one second in side and one maindeck is enough. The card is a bit too slow (i played two maindeck and still was feeling it was too much), i most of the time prefer ulamog.

I prefer warping wail over trinisphere ; and all is dust main deck.

I have put the deck I would have played if had all the cards in the first post.

I also feel 4 ancient tomb is too much the life loss is often an issue without urborg tomb ; would play 2 urborg, tomb main deck; instead of 1 tomb/vesuva and might ad some maze of ith
    I play you list 4 endbringer ecc in big tournament in Milan...win 6 game.. 2 0 eldrazi stompy, 2 1 dragon stompy, 2 1 team America, 2 0 grixis delver, 2 0 miracle, 2 1 omnitell... Lose 2 1 shardless bug and 2 1 death and taxes... My side is 4 warping wail 3 wurmcoil 3 faerie macabre, 2 trinisphere, 3 all is dust

Nice that you played the deck but I think it is still in progress ; nice results bad luck vs death and taxes and shardless sometimes you don't have good hands. Keeping hands with only mana can be problematic.
    I have found kozilek to be too slow most of the time ; ulamog is just the better one.

What were your impression I feel the deck can lose to tempo.decks too much that's why I am testing the dark depth version which I have found resolves that problem. I have done some testing with previous buildsI have found the deck to be weak to tempo but not the ddepth.version.
    I feel the all is dust are MostValuablePlayer.

Yeah versus death and taxes you should side out trini some chalice for warping wail/all is dust.

Nice that you played the deck but I think it is still in progress ; nice results bad luck vs death and taxes and shardless sometimes you don't have good hands. Keeping hands with only mana can be problematic.
    I have found kozilek to be too slow most of the time ; ulamog is just the better one.

What were your impression I feel the deck can lose to tempo.decks too much that's why I am testing the dark depth version which I have found resolves that problem. I have done some testing with previous buildsI have found the deck to be weak to tempo but not the ddepth.version.
    I feel the all is dust are MostValuablePlayer.

Yeah versus death and taxes you should side out trini some chalice for warping wail/all is dust.
    I write the list you're trying now.
    the game against death and taxes it lost my mistake ..I find it difficult to match up against bug ... I'm curious to see your main deck and changes in side.
    Last edited by caprino; 04-26-2016 at 11:13 AM.

I am testing a new deck which seems awesome so far. It can have a turn (even turn2 with luck involved key) 3-4 10CC win eldrazi in averaged with chalice/though knot backup.
    Those eldrazi have game winning stats when hardcasted doesn't matter if countered or not either being exiled two permanent or draw until 7 cards.
    Coduit of ruin plays a two roles tutoring+reducing cost.
    Miracle is a bye, tempo depends of the version sometimes can be tough.
    Eldrazi is 50-50 depending if they have revoker and metamorph ; death and taxes (3match-0 in testing) is a bye even imperial version are easy, food chain is quite easy ( went 3-1 in match where the loss was due to missplays)
    Merfolk is easy.
    Need to test versus infect.

Bad matchups are : elf, sneak show, land. So endbringer might be good there.

Side is there for combo where you have G1 only 4 chalice and 4 knot. Trinisphere might be better than thorn don't know yet.

EDIT : I split the basalt and trinisphere too many ramps cards and trinisphere are still very good versus a lot of decks.
    I found endbringer to be better most of the time than conduit particularly versus the bad matchups lands/sneak/elf.
    Decks like miracle are still very favorable.

Side is in progress I put some conduit of ruin versus decks playing chalice where you side out your chalice but something else might be better.

I still need some cards versus elf might be torpor orb.

Bad macthups of the deck are elf/infect/lands.
    Delver/sneak show/burn is tough, depending of the version.

Wurmcoil engine are very good versus burn/eldrazi/tempo

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Vesuva
    2 urborg, tomb of yawgmoth
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost

4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Warping Wail
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

4 Endbringer
    3 All Is Dust

3 Voltaic Key
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Basalt Monolith
    3 Thran Dynamo

3 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion

SB: 2 Trinisphere
    SB: 3 Wurmcoil Engine
    SB: 2 Warping Wail
    SB: 4 Faerie Macabre
    SB: 4 Spatial Contortion

version i want more testing :

the idea in the list below is to reduce the impact of tomb versus fast decks such as tempo with urborg, tomb+maze.
    This deck is a control wich can sometimes combo deck you want to slow down youropponent to go in long gimes where ulamog+eyes+all is dust will shine.

First version was weak to fast tempo.decks/infect/burn but good against slowish miracle/death and taxes and ant deck here i propose an hybrid with dark depths which is good against fast tempo.decks and big eldrazi which is good
    against slow.decks. It is something I have to test to see whether It would be ok. In testing I have found that key and basalt are inferior to thran dynamo and grim monolith. (for key you most of the times wants the monolith where for 3+1 you could have casted the thran dynamo which is not dead on his own and doesn't stopped by chalice@1). It is basically a colorless drazi.depth.deck

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    3 Maze of Ith
    4 Thespian's Stage
    3 Dark Depths
    3 City of Traitors
    3 Eye of Ugin

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo

3 All Is Dust
    3 Warping Wail

4 Expedition Map
    3 Vampire Hexmage

SB: 1 Warping Wail
    SB: 3 Spatial Contortion
    SB: 1 Kozilek, butcher of truth
    SB: 1 Dark Depths
    SB: 3 Grafdigger's Cage
    SB: 1 Bojuka Bog
    SB: 1 Wastes
    SB: 1 Vampire Hexmage
    SB: 3 Pithing Needle

old kozilek is better against painter while still good versus miracle and such
    You explain your choices in side the first list.thanks

I am right now more focused on the second list, the fact that you can kill from nowhere with marit lage while still having inevitability against miracle/death taxes makes it better.

Though the first list is quite the same that previous build, so it shoudl'nt be so hard to side. With warping wail remplacing trinisphere in the main.

eldrazi -chalice -all is dust +wurmcoil +spatial
    death and taxes - chalice + spatial some wurmcoil might be good also
    grixis delver: -kozilek -1 ulamog -3 key +wurmcoil/spatial
    infect : + spatial +WW -kozilek - key/basalt (keeping one or 2) -1/2 endbringer
    bug delver : +spatial +wurmcoil -kozilek -key/basalt (keeping one or 2)

combo non elf : + trini+ww

grave combo (rea) : +macabre/trini/ww

I am right now more focused on the second list, the fact that you can kill from nowhere with marit lage while still having inevitability against miracle/death taxes makes it better.

Though the first list is quite the same that previous build, so it shoudl'nt be so hard to side. With warping wail remplacing trinisphere in the main.

eldrazi -chalice -all is dust +wurmcoil +spatial
    death and taxes - chalice + spatial some wurmcoil might be good also
    grixis delver: -kozilek -1 ulamog -3 key +wurmcoil/spatial
    infect : + spatial +WW -kozilek - key/basalt (keeping one or 2) -1/2 endbringer
    bug delver : +spatial +wurmcoil -kozilek -key/basalt (keeping one or 2)

combo non elf : + trini+ww

grave combo (rea) : +macabre/trini/ww
    I tested the list with the depth, the match up against miracle and death and taxes is more difficult right?

Yeah but miracle is still very positive at least 65-35 and deathAndTaxes is slightly positive 55-45 in our favor and better after side

Yeah but miracle is still very positive at least 65-35 and deathAndTaxes is slightly positive 55-45 in our favor and better after side

your first list I really like, today I played against bugs and I won,
    I really like spatial contortion..
    for now I continue to test the first list.
    I think they are not bad matchup fast decks

May 2005
    Wisconsin

I have been toying around with this deck the last few days, here's what I've been running. Kozilek's Channeler has been better than Basalt Monolith. I think I still want to fit in one Kozilek, Butcher of Truth.

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4 Glimmerpost

4 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Endbringer
    3 Kozilek's Channeler

4 All Is Dust
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Warping Wail
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo

SB:

3 Trinisphere
    4 Wurmcoil Engine
    4 Faerie Macabre
    3 Spatial Contortion

Quote Originally Posted by porcupinetreeman View Post
    I have been toying around with this deck the last few days, here's what I've been running. Kozilek's Channeler has been better than Basalt Monolith. I think I still want to fit in one Kozilek, Butcher of Truth.

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost

4 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Endbringer
    3 Kozilek's Channeler

4 All Is Dust
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Warping Wail
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo

SB:

3 Trinisphere
    4 Wurmcoil Engine
    4 Faerie Macabre
    3 Spatial Contortion

as you are with this list?

instead of what you put on Kozilek?

This looks like Legend MUD which I've been testing off and on for a while. Your deck is more focused on Eldrazi whereas Legend MUD tries to utilize more planeswalkers like Karn and Ugin.

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Karakas
    3 Vesuva
    2 Crystal Vein
    1 Eye of Ugin

2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    3 Kozilek, the Great Distortion
    4 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    3 Karn Liberated
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Trinisphere
    2 Basalt Monolith
    4 Grim Monolith
    2 Thran Dynamo
    4 Voltaic Key

SB:
    4 Coercive Portal
    4 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    3 Faerie Macabre
    3 Wurmcoil Engine

I'm playing the list of adrien (without depth) last night 5 2
    win 2 0 death and taxes
    win 2 1 grix delver
    win 2 1 ant
    win 2 0 miracle
    win 2 1 ur delver

lose 0 2 land
    lose 0 2 agro loam

land and aggro loam are almost impossible to beat in my opinion...spatial contortion in side is really strong

May 2005
    Wisconsin

I updated my list. Only matchups with trouble are Shardless, D+T, and anything with Loam. Most other matchups are winnable or 50/50. I noticed the deck is very strong vs decks with abrupt decay, they can only target chalice or monolith. I think pithing needle is the only option vs loam decks, its not a great option though. I don't think its worth running in the sb. I cut City of Traitors, doesn't work will with all the high casting cost stuff.

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Cloudpost
    3 Vesuva
    4 Glimmerpost

4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Kozilek's Channeler
    4 Endbringer

4 All Is Dust
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Warping Wail
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo

SB:

3 Trinisphere
    4 Wurmcoil Engine
    4 Faerie Macabre
    3 Spatial Contortion

I am testing a new deck which seems awesome so far. It can have a turn (even turn2 with luck involved key) 3-4 10CC win eldrazi in averaged with chalice/though knot backup.
    Those eldrazi have game winning stats when hardcasted doesn't matter if countered or not either being exiled two permanent or draw until 7 cards.
    Coduit of ruin plays a two roles tutoring+reducing cost.
    Miracle is a bye, tempo depends of the version sometimes can be tough.
    Eldrazi is 50-50 depending if they have revoker and metamorph ; death and taxes (3match-0 in testing) is a bye even imperial version are easy, food chain is quite easy ( went 3-1 in match where the loss was due to missplays)
    Merfolk is easy.
    Need to test versus infect.

Bad matchups are : elf, sneak show, land. So endbringer might be good there.

Side is there for combo where you have G1 only 4 chalice and 4 knot. Trinisphere might be better than thorn don't know yet.

EDIT : I split the basalt and trinisphere too many ramps cards and trinisphere are still very good versus a lot of decks.
    I found endbringer to be better most of the time than conduit particularly versus the bad matchups lands/sneak/elf.
    Decks like miracle are still very favorable.

Side is in progress I put some conduit of ruin versus decks playing chalice where you side out your chalice but something else might be better.

I still need some cards versus elf might be torpor orb.

Bad macthups of the deck are elf/infect/lands.
    Delver/sneak show/burn is tough, depending of the version.

Wurmcoil engine are very good versus burn/eldrazi/tempo

EDIT : it seems to me endless one is better than endbringer it can be huge really easily and is not dead early to stall a bit

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Vesuva
    2 urborg, tomb of yawgmoth
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost

4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Warping Wail
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

4 Endless one
    3 All Is Dust

3 Voltaic Key
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Basalt Monolith
    3 Thran Dynamo

SB: 2 Trinisphere
    SB: 3 Wurmcoil Engine
    SB: 2 Warping Wail
    SB: 4 Faerie Macabre
    SB: 4 Spatial Contortion

version i want more testing :

the idea in the list below is to reduce the impact of tomb versus fast decks such as tempo with urborg, tomb+maze.
    This deck is a control wich can sometimes combo deck you want to slow down youropponent to go in long gimes where ulamog+eyes+all is dust will shine.

First version was weak to fast tempo.decks/infect/burn but good against slowish miracle/death and taxes and ant deck here i propose an hybrid with dark depths which is good against fast tempo.decks and big eldrazi which is good
    against slow.decks. It is something I have to test to see whether It would be ok. In testing I have found that key and basalt are inferior to thran dynamo and grim monolith. (for key you most of the times wants the monolith where for 3+1 you could have casted the thran dynamo which is not dead on his own and doesn't stopped by chalice@1). It is basically a colorless drazi.depth.deck

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    3 Maze of Ith
    4 Thespian's Stage
    3 Dark Depths
    3 City of Traitors
    3 Eye of Ugin

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo

3 All Is Dust
    3 Warping Wail

4 Expedition Map
    3 Vampire Hexmage

SB: 1 Warping Wail
    SB: 1 Kozilek, butcher of truth
    SB: 1 Dark Depths
    SB: 1 Bojuka Bog
    SB: 1 Wastes
    SB: 1 Vampire Hexmage
    SB: 3 Pithing Needle

old kozilek is better against painter while still good versus miracle and such

In testing I have found the depth list to be not so consistant ; but i still want a faster kill
    I think going for classic.eldrazi with the ability to go bigger with thran/grim monolith might do it.
    I cut into the worse eldrazi matter reshaper/mimic.
    I have also cut into chalice for the 8 colorless removals maindeck.
    Chalice was a lot of time too slow and doesn't stop ou to being killed by YP/delver/switspear.
    So I am right now on that and feel much confidant.
    You have the ability to go big and to go fast. I have liked crytal vein as a way to power out the big eldrazi without being tapped like the cloudpost manabase.
    Radiant fountain seems a strange choice but i think it helps winning the race.

4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Crystal Vein
    2 Radiant Fountain
    3 Eye of Ugin

4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo
    1 Basalt Monolith

3 Voltaic Key
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Spatial Contortion

4 Endless One
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth

SB: 4 Warping Wail
    SB: 2 Pithing Needle
    SB: 2 All Is Dust
    SB: 3 Faerie Macabre
    SB: 1 Zuran Orb

Last list classic eldrazi is very interesting...do you testing this list? Matchup easy and matchup difficult? First list remove 4 endbringer and enter 4 endless one right? Endbringer is not good?

I am testing different list right now ; the depth stuff doesn't work so well, so I am right now on a classic eldrazi list which can go bigger :
    It gives you the late game against some decks while being strong early.
    In the list I tend to prefer endless one cause it can adapt a 4/4 turn 2 to stall or a 9/9 later whatever you need.

4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Ancient Tomb
    1 Crystal Vein
    4 Eye of Ugin

4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Endless One
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

3 All Is Dust

SB: 1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    SB: 1 Pithing Needle

I am testing different list right now ; the depth stuff doesn't work so well, so I am right now on a classic eldrazi list which can go bigger :
    It gives you the late game against some decks while being strong early.
    In the list I tend to prefer endless one cause it can adapt a 4/4 turn 2 to stall or a 9/9 later whatever you need.

4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Ancient Tomb
    1 Crystal Vein
    4 Eye of Ugin

4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Endless One
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Reality Smasher
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

3 All Is Dust

SB: 1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    SB: 1 Pithing Needle
    Matchup easy and matchup hard? Why 3 Cage in side? Kozilek side in Vs miracle? Why 1 Pithing in side? Voltaic key main deck is no good? Thanks

Adrieng :new for bigeldrazi deck? I testing Last you list eldrazi mimic ecc...nice

Thread Information