Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: BigEldrazi

Re: BigEldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by Cocheloco View Post
    He just Copy-Paste'd MGB's list, right ?

I think he put vesuvas in, so it might be a mix with Caprino's list

So I was seriously sceptical on Sanctum of ugin until tonight. I recommend you all give it a looksie. Especially if you're running more then 4 Ugin/Dust

Jul 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Hey everyone. I think one of you just won on a stream. You have a Balance avatar on MTGO? You beat food chain? In a league?
    Its a very good friend of me (Cyriss84) he invested in modo with my list and it runs well enough.

We still switch some cards for every league but overall its more a midrange build to fight mana denial/disruption or bad starting hands/topdecks.

Yesterday and Today following MODO league results:

4:1
    0:2 UR Burn
    2:0 Aggro Eldrazi
    2:0 4c Control
    2:1 Grixis Delver
    2:0 4c Control

5:0
    2:1 Leyline.dec
    2:0 Thalia Stompy
    2:0 Br Reanimator
    2:0 UWr Control

4:1
    2:1 Burn
    0:2 Enchantress
    2:0 4c Control including PF
    2:1 Rector Fit

Currently Lists also include Conduit of Ruin as additional Tutor+Body, only 3 "Big Finisher" Cards. Also WWail over TSphere Main for more removal, flexible solutions. Conclusion for us is, that the build performs very good in the current meta game and avoid typicall "deck errors" aka too many bombs, high draw / mulligan variance or too many problems vs Wasteland (aka never be able to cast Ugin). So the deck is real and maybe its a matter of time if we finally get enough results to leave "New and Developmental Decks" area here.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

What's the current list?

The current list, delivering! https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/845884#paper

Yesterday I play side event legacy Nebraska war 117 player 7 turn Swiss

My result 5 1 1

Win vs miracle, grixis, stoneblade, burn, sneak and show
    Lose vs grixis

Top 8 split....very happy.

Next time I write a report. Today main event

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    Yesterday I play side event legacy Nebraska war 117 player 7 turn Swiss

My result 5 1 1

Win vs miracle, grixis, stoneblade, burn, sneak and show
    Lose vs grixis

Top 8 split....very happy.

Next time I write a report. Today main event
    With which list ?

I'm going to a small paper tournament in a couple of days and I'm at this rough list as a starting point...

62/15

Creatures:13
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    3 Conduit of Ruin
    3 Endbringer
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Spells:24
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Voltaic Key
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Sorcerous Spyglass
    3 Warping Wail
    3 Thran Dynamo
    4 All Is Dust

Lands:25
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 Sanctum of Ugin

Sideboard:15
    4 Walking Ballista
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    4 Leyline of the Void
    3 Confusion in the Ranks

As you can see, it's currently @ 62 cards... any input in what to cut/add main/side? Card availability is no issue as I own playsets of close to all archetype playables. This list might look threat-light at first glance, so do note the 9 built-in tutor effects.

Metagame is varied, DTB's and the usual suspects, fetch/dual mananbases are common as always. The usual lack of Stompybuilds, is why i opted out of playing Oblivion Sower and went with Conduits instead.

Any input is appreciated:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tucane View Post
    I'm going to a small paper tournament in a couple of days and I'm at this rough list as a starting point...

62/15

Creatures:13
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    3 Conduit of Ruin
    3 Endbringer
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Spells:24
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Voltaic Key
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Sorcerous Spyglass
    3 Warping Wail
    3 Thran Dynamo
    4 All Is Dust

Lands:25
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    3 Sanctum of Ugin

Sideboard:15
    4 Walking Ballista
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    4 Leyline of the Void
    3 Confusion in the Ranks

As you can see, it's currently @ 62 cards... any input in what to cut/add main/side? Card availability is no issue as I own playsets of close to all archetype playables. This list might look threat-light at first glance, so do note the 9 built-in tutor effects.

Metagame is varied, DTB's and the usual suspects, fetch/dual mananbases are common as always. The usual lack of Stompybuilds, is why i opted out of playing Oblivion Sower and went with Conduits instead.

Any input is appreciated:-)
    Lol, confusion in the ranks. I built a deck around that card and yes, it's hilarious against sneak and show but, they board out show against you. They don't want you to show in your own annihilator creature and attack first. At least that's what my experience tells me (I also think they're wrong)
    Anyways, cut one sanctum of ugin, and one Conduits of ruin and run with only 7 tutors. Tell us how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDissent View Post
    With which list ?
    Next time I write list and report

Lol, confusion in the ranks. I built a deck around that card and yes, it's hilarious against sneak and show but, they board out show against you. They don't want you to show in your own annihilator creature and attack first. At least that's what my experience tells me (I also think they're wrong)
    Anyways, cut one sanctum of ugin, and one Conduits of ruin and run with only 7 tutors. Tell us how it goes.
    Thanks for the input! I'll try that for some testrounds to see how it plays out.

Yeah confusion is vs SnT, mostly because it also handles Omniscience unless they have the C.Wish. There might be better (less fun) options like Ashen Rider or E.Bridge... Rider doesn't handle Through the Breach (out of the board) and Bridge feels awkward without Ugin/Karn. Having more copies of Spyglass/WW might do it aswell.

I agree that they're wrong boarding out SnT, the chances of us holding that miser Kozilek.Nr1/Emrakul.TaT is minimal.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but It actually doesn't deal with omniscience.
    They cast show and tell, and you each choose your enchantments.
    Probablem is they both see eachother enter the battlefield so Confusion triggers once for itself and again for omniscience. So they get exchanged, and then the second trigger exchanges them back. The only way you'd end up with omniscience is if they had a another enchantment so that they HAD to switch with your confusion but then your confusion switches with something else. Honestly, Spine of Ish Sha isn't as fun but is simply better since you can cast it and takes care of everything.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but It actually doesn't deal with omniscience.
    They cast show and tell, and you each choose your enchantments.
    Probablem is they both see eachother enter the battlefield so Confusion triggers once for itself and again for omniscience. So they get exchanged, and then the second trigger exchanges them back. The only way you'd end up with omniscience is if they had a another enchantment so that they HAD to switch with your confusion but then your confusion switches with something else. Honestly, Spine of Ish Sha isn't as fun but is simply better since you can cast it and takes care of everything.
    If the first trigger resolves and an exchange is made, the second one won't have a legal target due to the "target permanent you don't control"-clause. Still not sure if it's the best sideboard option due to not being castable and such, but it does work.

Lol, I'm going to have to turn in my foil Confusions for messing that up.

I took part in a 120-player side event.
    7 Swiss rounds with my result of 5 1 1

my list
    4 chaliche of the void
    4 pithing needle
    4 spyglass
    2 endbringer
    1 kozilek vol1
    4 oblivion sower
    4 tks
    3 ulamog
    2 walking ballista
    4 warping wail
    3 all is dust
    4 ancient tomb
    2 city of t
    4 cloudpost
    4 eldrazi temple
    3 eye of ugin
    4 glimmerpost
    2 vesuva
    2 urborg

side
    2 trinisphere
    1 duplicant
    2 macabre
    2 wurmcoil
    4 leyline of the void
    2 spatial contortion
    2 mindbreak trap

the choice to play 8 needles in main can be debatable by seeing 4 chaliche

the result was excellent in many matches vs wasteland deck,vial,stoneblade,jace ecc...

turn 1 miracle mentor (w 2 1)

g1 chaliche for 1 and spayglass vs jace is gg....

g2 my oppo play very fast double mentor and force my all is dust

g3 chaliche and trini help me a win match...oblivion sower steals more land and urborg in play is good for play ulamog turn 5...gg

turn2 ur controll (w 2 1)

g1 i keep 2 land and my oppo wasteland my temple and nexts turn i dont see land and delver kill me

g2 i keep and play chaliche for 1 and double seer turn 2 and 3 and win easy

g3 delver firsr turn dont flip 3 turns below...i play trinisphere and seer and all is dust and win game

turn3 stoneblade ( w 2 0)

g1 long game spyglass and needle help me vs stoneforge, jace and more equip multiple ulamog win a game

g2 3 oblivion sower turn 3 4 5 is very good trigger lands and next time i cast ulamog and karakas (my oppo) destroys his board

turn 4 grixis ( L 0 2)

g1 and g2 it was something absurd, my opponents in both games made me 3 wasteland in the first 5 rounds .... without words

turn 5 sneak and show (w 2 0)

g1 I sense that he is playing that deck...and play needle calling sneak attack,turn 4 my oppo play show and tell...I had in the table oblivion sower and seer,show and tell resolve and you play griselbrand and i play endbringer...lose 7 life and draw 7..total life my oppo 5 and pass,next turn active andbringer and win.

g2 show and tell turn 2 and play griselbrand and i play kozilek...gg

turn 6 burn ( w 2 1 )

g1 my opponent makes me 20 damage in 4 turns....:(

g2 win for chaliche and trini

g3 I go to 5 life points but I have two seers that beat and send it to 5, he stays with a land and one goblin guide because he had previously made me fireblast in response to the seer, fishing bolt me do it, attack me for a goblin guide, but my spatial me save the game and I go top 8

tun 7 ant ( draw)

in top 8 we decide to divide the prize pool

270 euros each

I'm very happy with the result with a list created a few days ago from the tournament completely by myself.

I'm waiting for your comments. Greetings to everyone

@caprino: Congratz! 8 Needle effects seem crazy. What was your line of thinking, why 8 Needles, would you change it moving forward?

Quote Originally Posted by darkgh0st View Post
    @caprino: Congratz! 8 Needle effects seem crazy. What was your line of thinking, why 8 Needles, would you change it moving forward?
    my idea of 8 needles was intended to avoid the wasteland deck and sneak and show (bad matchup)as well as being useful against many cards.

in the future I think I want to try a list with 4 spatial main deck anti delver

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    I took part in a 120-player side event.
    7 Swiss rounds with my result of 5 1 1

my list
    4 chaliche of the void
    4 pithing needle
    4 spyglass
    2 endbringer
    1 kozilek vol1
    4 oblivion sower
    4 tks
    3 ulamog
    2 walking ballista
    4 warping wail
    3 all is dust
    4 ancient tomb
    2 city of t
    4 cloudpost
    4 eldrazi temple
    3 eye of ugin
    4 glimmerpost
    2 vesuva
    2 urborg

side
    2 trinisphere
    1 duplicant
    2 macabre
    2 wurmcoil
    4 leyline of the void
    2 spatial contortion
    2 mindbreak trap

the choice to play 8 needles in main can be debatable by seeing 4 chaliche

the result was excellent in many matches vs wasteland deck,vial,stoneblade,jace ecc...

turn 1 miracle mentor (w 2 1)

g1 chaliche for 1 and spayglass vs jace is gg....

g2 my oppo play very fast double mentor and force my all is dust

g3 chaliche and trini help me a win match...oblivion sower steals more land and urborg in play is good for play ulamog turn 5...gg

turn2 ur controll (w 2 1)

g1 i keep 2 land and my oppo wasteland my temple and nexts turn i dont see land and delver kill me

g2 i keep and play chaliche for 1 and double seer turn 2 and 3 and win easy

g3 delver firsr turn dont flip 3 turns below...i play trinisphere and seer and all is dust and win game

turn3 stoneblade ( w 2 0)

g1 long game spyglass and needle help me vs stoneforge, jace and more equip multiple ulamog win a game

g2 3 oblivion sower turn 3 4 5 is very good trigger lands and next time i cast ulamog and karakas (my oppo) destroys his board

turn 4 grixis ( L 0 2)

g1 and g2 it was something absurd, my opponents in both games made me 3 wasteland in the first 5 rounds .... without words

turn 5 sneak and show (w 2 0)

g1 I sense that he is playing that deck...and play needle calling sneak attack,turn 4 my oppo play show and tell...I had in the table oblivion sower and seer,show and tell resolve and you play griselbrand and i play endbringer...lose 7 life and draw 7..total life my oppo 5 and pass,next turn active andbringer and win.

g2 show and tell turn 2 and play griselbrand and i play kozilek...gg

turn 6 burn ( w 2 1 )

g1 my opponent makes me 20 damage in 4 turns....:(

g2 win for chaliche and trini

g3 I go to 5 life points but I have two seers that beat and send it to 5, he stays with a land and one goblin guide because he had previously made me fireblast in response to the seer, fishing bolt me do it, attack me for a goblin guide, but my spatial me save the game and I go top 8

tun 7 ant ( draw)

in top 8 we decide to divide the prize pool

270 euros each

I'm very happy with the result with a list created a few days ago from the tournament completely by myself.

I'm waiting for your comments. Greetings to everyone
    Congrats on the finish!

In my opinion; this is evidence of that lists without manarocks can do well.

If we look at how much mana (over turns) we save by Needling/Spying Wasteland, assuming it stops us from being Wasted once or twice in a game... it should amount to around 3-4 mana depending on gamestate/turn-number. Everyone does not play Wasteland though, but there might be other ways to translate the value to mana numbers if we hit a Walker/Sweeper/Etc.

This made me think about ramp in a different way, also I'm definetly going with the full set of Spyglass for further testing.

Thanks for the report!:-)

Thread Information