Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: BigEldrazi

Re: BigEldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by Tucane View Post
    Congrats on the finish!

In my opinion; this is evidence of that lists without manarocks can do well.

If we look at how much mana (over turns) we save by Needling/Spying Wasteland, assuming it stops us from being Wasted once or twice in a game... it should amount to around 3-4 mana depending on gamestate/turn-number. Everyone does not play Wasteland though, but there might be other ways to translate the value to mana numbers if we hit a Walker/Sweeper/Etc.

This made me think about ramp in a different way, also I'm definetly going with the full set of Spyglass for further testing.

Thanks for the report!:-)
    There had been lots of instances where no manarocks has been successful. Caprino has succeeded before and I have too. But the problem with no manarocks decklist is that it just dies to Blood Moon. You want to try and hedge your meta and what you play.

Nov 2013
    Is., NRW, Germany

Heyo.

I am an avid Food Chain player but I always loved playing 12-Post back in the "Miracle - Timeline", too.
    As this was mostly because of casting Big Eldrazis I never stopped enjoying them.

I really like the Manarock - Versions of this deck and I think this is the best place to get more informations from now on.

My current list looks like this (constructive critiques are appreciated):

Creatures:

2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Artisan of Kozilek
    3 Oblivion Sower
    2 Conduit of Ruin
    1 Endbringer
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    1 Walking Ballista

Artifacts:

4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Voltaic Key

Sorceries:

3 All is Dust

Instants:

2 Warping Wail

Lands:

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Eye of Ugin
    2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Vesuva
    1 City of Traitors (I only own one by now)

--> 60

Sideboard:

1 All is Dust
    2 Spatial Contortion
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Warping Wail
    2 Wurmcoil Engine
    3 Sorcerous Spyglass
    3 Trinisphere

Did anyone try Distended Mindbender or Elder Deep-Fiend out already?

Greetings
    Legacy: Big Eldrazi | Food Chain
    Modern: GriselShoal | Ponza

Aug 2014
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHerC View Post
    Yeah, I did once. Here's the list: Big Eldrazi

Elder Deep-Fiend is a situational card and there are just some plays that you don't have a need for it.

Currently brewing a build with Mindbenders. Will show the list if it pushes through.
    TEAM BUDGET

Jul 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by JeezXrist View Post
    Yeah, I did once. Here's the list: Big Eldrazi

Elder Deep-Fiend is a situational card and there are just some plays that you don't have a need for it.

Currently brewing a build with Mindbenders. Will show the list if it pushes through.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHerC View Post

Greetings
    My list ;) - should work well and yes with conduit of ruin a tutor target (before you reach 10 mana) is a good idea. Cyriss and me currently test both - they arent finishers like ulamog but can do well in some situations. Most important is the fact that you can go Conduit with 3 sollands and search a 8 mana eldrazi and cast it without another land the next turn. Overall its still under construction (Hint i have 1 Mindbender at Side).
    TEAM MtG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by MD.Ghost View Post
    My list ;) - should work well and yes with conduit of ruin a tutor target (before you reach 10 mana) is a good idea. Cyriss and me currently test both - they arent finishers like ulamog but can do well in some situations. Most important is the fact that you can go Conduit with 3 sollands and search a 8 mana eldrazi and cast it without another land the next turn. Overall its still under construction (Hint i have 1 Mindbender at Side).
    Write you list main deck and side (conduit of ruin) thanks

Guys, I'm 1-0 in a league and I had to stop playing because I'm terrified that I've hit the peak and it's all down hill from here.

Jul 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    Write you list main deck and side (conduit of ruin) thanks
    Latest mtgo view of "the list": https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/845884#paper

Yesterday another

5:0
    2:0 Mirror
    2:1 Grixis Delver
    2:1 BtB Miracle
    2:0 Esper Deathblade
    2:0 UR Control

4:1
    0:2 4c Control
    2:1 Aggro Eldrazi
    2:0 Burn
    2:0 Aggro Eldrazi

Conclusion: Well oiled machine now. Lose vs 4c Control was unexpected but sometimes it happens. The "Midrange" Build answers Aggro Eldrazi well enough without cute techs like Bridge+Walkers. BtB Miracle needs Artifact Ramp (i tinkered around with Caprions latest "Needle" Build, its strong vs lands, rec.Wastelands etc. but will be weaker vs BtB/Moon techs).

Artisan is the flex spot, yesterday it was Emrakul 2.0 again and we still tinker around with Elder-Deep and/or Mindbender as Targets too - overall with Conduit of Ruin + Eye as tutors you overall only need 3 Bombs (aka 10c Eldrazi) which will improve the decks starting hands/mulls/topdecks a lot.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

Have you considered -1 Ulamog +1 Kozilek Butcher ?
    Or Kozilek V2 if you bother about Artisan's ability.
    Do you never miss the draw opportunity ?

Moreover, :
    - 5 grave hate is a lot, and 3 of them are shut down with chalice@1. Don't care ? What is your sideboard plan against BR Reanimator ?
    - I see no Endbringer, nor specific hate againt Show&Tell decks. Is it a meta choice or you forget about fighting these decks ?

Jul 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Debonair View Post
    Have you considered -1 Ulamog +1 Kozilek Butcher ?
    Or Kozilek V2 if you bother about Artisan's ability.
    Do you never miss the draw opportunity ?

Moreover, :
    - 5 grave hate is a lot, and 3 of them are shut down with chalice@1. Don't care ? What is your sideboard plan against BR Reanimator ?
    - I see no Endbringer, nor specific hate againt Show&Tell decks. Is it a meta choice or you forget about fighting these decks ?
    As i said above we currently trim it down to 3 big eldrazi, 2 Ulamog are set in stone because you want his ability and sometimes you need a 2nd copy too. Other slots depends and yes it can be kozilek too. Overall i like old Kozilek more because Annihilator 4 is nice and his shuffle ability too - drawing cards is less needed, its nice vs counters but i like to hardcast a fatty that do something the turn i cast it and drawing cards results into another turn(s) and my opponent can use the window to kill me. Drawing cards is less important with 5 Tutors and dont underestimate the ramp of Sower/Conduit which means Eye is faster active and even something like Ballista can end the game quickly with enough mana.

Graveyard: Its a lot because MODO has a lot of Lands, BR Reanimate etc. and the build is more interactive with Wails&Sower. I dont like the Leyline idea, mull for it needs luck and most decks knew that colorlesss eldrazi/mud play it and will prepared, i even lost against lands because he t3 cast kgrip and burried me with loam, waste engine after it etc. Against something like Storm you dont need all 5 cards and catching Wastelands with Extraction and cast Sower after it feels awesome too. Chalice can be a problem but with Chalice in play you already have a good spot and if someone destroys your Chalice (aka G2) you are free to interact on the stack too.

My personal build has also 1 Endbringer at Side, but SnS arent so big at Modo or my friend tends to avoid it (see matches) WWail+TSphere are more important here, especially vs Omnitell. Classic lists can also be disrupted with Needle/Spyglass. Overall this deck is not tailormade to break SnS decks so if the meta is full of SnS i would maybe play another deck. Certainly SnS is winable, but i wouldn't overtune a list for this deck and Chalice, TKS, WWail, TSphere etc. are not the worst weapons you have to win some games here.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

i tinkered around with Caprions latest "Needle" Build, its strong vs lands, rec.Wastelands etc. but will be weaker vs BtB/Moon techs).
    I've done that too, and came to the same conclusion. And in fact, as I re-read caprino's report, it didn't prevent him from dying by Wasteland versus Grixis. Anyway, GG caprino for this nice run ;)

Thanks a lot MD.Ghost for those answers, all makes sense !
    Just to know, would you mind to share your sideboard plan for Grixis Delver and Eldrazi aggro ?

I took part in a 120-player side event.
    7 Swiss rounds with my result of 5 1 1
    Wow Caprino congratz on the results....

But how do you feel about not playing ANY manarocks or Voltaic Key? I tried this approach a few times but hated it because you have no early explosion and you depend on the lands too much so Wasteland+Loam, Blood Moon, Back to Basics are nearly impossible to deal with.

And it just feels too slow really, because with Monoliths+Key I can get really early threats (TKS on Turn 1, Ulamog on Turn 3 etc).
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    Wow Caprino congratz on the results....

But how do you feel about not playing ANY manarocks or Voltaic Key? I tried this approach a few times but hated it because you have no early explosion and you depend on the lands too much so Wasteland+Loam, Blood Moon, Back to Basics are nearly impossible to deal with.

And it just feels too slow really, because with Monoliths+Key I can get really early threats (TKS on Turn 1, Ulamog on Turn 3 etc).
    thanks!!!!

my idea of not playing artifacts was taken because I wanted to play a more control version and then as you say even slower.

practically resisting the first rounds from wasteland etc with 8 needle in main my plan was to lengthen the game and as a result well know in the long wins big eldrazi

Aug 2014
    Philippines

my idea of 8 needles was intended to avoid the wasteland deck and sneak and show (bad matchup)as well as being useful against many cards.

in the future I think I want to try a list with 4 spatial main deck anti delver
    In this list, have you tried or even considered adding Phyrexian Revokers to make it like 12 needle effects? Or is it just too much?
    TEAM BUDGET

Quote Originally Posted by JeezXrist View Post
    In this list, have you tried or even considered adding Phyrexian Revokers to make it like 12 needle effects? Or is it just too much?
    I think revoker is good 2 copy in side, depending you meta.

Hi guys..we created a Facebook page that is called big eldrazi - mtg legacy.

We hope many of you will come

I ran a pair of leagues on MTGO with the following list:
    Note, because of MTGO I had to make a few choices that I normally wouldn't. The lack of chalice is one of these choices.
    Went 3-2, 3-2

4x Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    3x All is Dust
    3x Warping Wail

4x Grim Monolith
    4x Thran Dynamo
    4x Illusionary Mask (Bugged in MTGO, unfortunately.)
    4x Torpor Orb

3x Endbringer
    4x Eater of Days
    4x Phyrexian Dreadnought

4x City of Traitors
    4x Ancient Tomb
    4x Cloudpost
    4x Glimmerpost
    2x Vesuva
    2x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1x Karakas
    2x Sanctum of Ugin

//Sideboard:
    4x Leyline of Sanctity
    4x Leyline of the Void
    4x Sorcerous Spyglass
    1x Warping Wail
    1x Endbringer
    1x Myr Battlesphere

It's balances the speed of a stompy deck with the haymakers normally associated with this archetype. In exchange you get a deck that can beat you fast by opening the game with 12/12's on turn one, or reverse the gamestate with All is Dust and Ugin. It's weak to decks with endless card selection, but strong against decks trying to play around the intrinsic value of their cards. (A 12/12 for 1 is better than a 3/2 for U. Torpor orb prevents you from always having batterskull. Ugin doesn't target.)
    Last edited by FourDogsinaHorseSuit; 12-08-2017 at 04:52 PM.

I wouldn't dream of playing this deck without Chalice of the Void. IT's worth like ~0.8 wins a league by itself.

If you can't afford it, save up for it. It's that important.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    I ran a pair of leagues on MTGO with the following list:
    Note, because of MTGO I had to make a few choices that I normally wouldn't. The lack of chalice is one of these choices.
    Went 3-2, 3-2

4x Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    3x All is Dust
    3x Warping Wail

4x Grim Monolith
    4x Thran Dynamo
    4x Illusionary Mask (Bugged in MTGO, unfortunately.)
    4x Torpor Orb

3x Endbringer
    4x Eater of Days
    4x Phyrexian Dreadnought

4x City of Traitors
    4x Ancient Tomb
    4x Cloudpost
    4x Glimmerpost
    2x Vesuva
    2x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1x Karakas
    2x Sanctum of Ugin

//Sideboard:
    4x Leyline of Sanctity
    4x Leyline of the Void
    4x Sorcerous Spyglass
    1x Warping Wail
    1x Endbringer
    1x Myr Battlesphere

It's balances the speed of a stompy deck with the haymakers normally associated with this archetype. In exchange you get a deck that can beat you fast by opening the game with 12/12's on turn one, or reverse the gamestate with All is Dust and Ugin. It's weak to decks with endless card selection, but strong against decks trying to play around the intrinsic value of their cards. (A 12/12 for 1 is better than a 3/2 for U. Torpor orb prevents you from always having batterskull. Ugin doesn't target.)
    Interesting list.....i think no big eldrazi deck....this is combo and I think no chalice main deck is very bad idea

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

Yesterday another

5:0
    2:0 Mirror
    2:1 BtB Miracle
    2:0 Esper Deathblade
    2:0 UR Control

4:1
    0:2 4c Control
    2:1 Aggro Eldrazi
    2:0 Burn
    2:0 Aggro Eldrazi

Conclusion: Well oiled machine now. Lose vs 4c Control was unexpected but sometimes it happens. The "Midrange" Build answers Aggro Eldrazi well enough without cute techs like Bridge+Walkers. BtB Miracle needs Artifact Ramp (i tinkered around with Caprions latest "Needle" Build, its strong vs lands, rec.Wastelands etc. but will be weaker vs BtB/Moon techs).

Artisan is the flex spot, yesterday it was Emrakul 2.0 again and we still tinker around with Elder-Deep and/or Mindbender as Targets too - overall with Conduit of Ruin + Eye as tutors you overall only need 3 Bombs (aka 10c Eldrazi) which will improve the decks starting hands/mulls/topdecks a lot.
    Been testing your list quite a bit and have been having lots of success. I think the main thing I need help with is how to sideboard - namely what to side out in particular matches. I seem to side out the Artisan a lot, and then trim some of the 6-drop Eldrazi and Keys (not sure if siding out Key is ever right, though they seem not as good when Trinisphere comes in. Any advice on siding? What have been the problematic matchups?

Thread Information