Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: BigEldrazi

Re: BigEldrazi

I don't test much this list ; I am back on testing classic.darkdepth but not colorless depth (other deck I mean).
    I felt the first list key/dynamo/basalt/grim was weak to fast decks but strong against slowish decks. (PriceOfProgress is a big problem and is huge in the meta right now)
    The eldrazi.like list is I think weaker than classic eldrazi in the sens has it has two plan one is to kill fast the other is to ramp for ulamog and it does both weaker than eather classic.eldrazi (kill fast) or big.eldrazi (ramp).
    I feel big eldrazi is a meta.deck but can be viable if you dodge your bad matchups. I tend to prefer testing others decks for now.

Quote Originally Posted by adrieng View Post
    I don't test much this list ; I am back on testing classic.darkdepth but not colorless depth (other deck I mean).
    I felt the first list key/dynamo/basalt/grim was weak to fast decks but strong against slowish decks. (PriceOfProgress is a big problem and is huge in the meta right now)
    The eldrazi.like list is I think weaker than classic eldrazi in the sens has it has two plan one is to kill fast the other is to ramp for ulamog and it does both weaker than eather classic.eldrazi (kill fast) or big.eldrazi (ramp).
    I feel big eldrazi is a meta.deck but can be viable if you dodge your bad matchups. I tend to prefer testing others decks for now.
    you which of the lists you wrote recommended me to play?

maybe the first one but I'ld try wurmcoil maindeck instead of endbringer/endless one.
    it feels to me the card is gamebreaking against fast aggro decks.
    -4 endless +4 wurmcoil -1 basalt +1 thran dynamo.

maybe the first one but I'ld try wurmcoil maindeck instead of endbringer/endless one.
    it feels to me the card is gamebreaking against fast aggro decks.
    -4 endless +4 wurmcoil -1 basalt +1 thran dynamo.
    side:what I put in place of 3 wurms?

adrieng:
    4 ancient tomb
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Vesuva
    2 urborg, tomb of yawgmoth
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost

4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Warping Wail
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

4 Endless one
    3 All Is Dust

3 Voltaic Key
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Basalt Monolith
    3 Thran Dynamo

3 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion

SB: 2 Trinisphere
    SB: 3 Wurmcoil Engine
    SB: 2 Warping Wail
    SB: 4 Faerie Macabre
    SB: 4 Spatial Contortion

main deck:-4 endless +4 wurmcoil -1 basalt +1 thran dynamo.
    side:-3 wurmcoil +???

main deck prefer Kozilek, the Great Distortion or Kozilek, butcher of truth?

I think butcher of truth is better because of painter and both do the same job vs miracle ie draw cards.
    You can fill the side (for 3 wurmcoil) with either some needles (lands/sneak attack) some zuran orb (PoP UR delver/burn) or mindbreak trap (storm/turborea) ; depending of your meta

I think butcher of truth is better because of painter and both do the same job vs miracle ie draw cards.
    You can fill the side (for 3 wurmcoil) with either some needles (lands/sneak attack) some zuran orb (PoP UR delver/burn) or mindbreak trap (storm/turborea) ; depending of your meta
    Today i test version bigeldrazi 4 wurmcoil main deck and +1 dinamo thran...side - 3 wurmcoil + 2 Pithing Needle +1 zuran orb...match 1 win 2 1 Vs bug.. Match 2 win 2 1 Vs infect spatial contortion and warping wail is gg..match 3 win 2 0 Vs miracle g1 i mull 5 and win easy

adrieng:
    What do you think of this side?
    4 fearie macabre
    2 trinisphere
    4 spatial contortion
    2 warping wail
    3 pithing needle or 2 pithing needle and 1 zuran orb

Adrieng :4 leyline of the void and 4 helm of obbedience in sideboard is good? Es side 4 leyline of the void 4 helm of obbedience 4 warping wail 3 Pithing Needle

4 ancient tomb
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    2 Vesuva
    1 urborg, tomb of yawgmoth
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost

4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Warping Wail
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

4 Wurmcoil Engine
    3 All Is Dust

3 Voltaic Key
    4 Grim Monolith
    2 Basalt Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo

1 Kozilek butcher

SB: 2 pithing needle
    SB: 4 leyline of the void
    SB: 1 zuran orb

I played this list Sunday in a tournament of 60 players.
    6 rounds in Switzerland and I finished first at the end of the 6 rounds

game 1 vs ant 2/0
    game 2 vs infect 2/0
    game 3 vs bug 2/0
    game 4 grixis (decay main deck) 2/0
    game 5 miracle 2/1 (top player italian angelo cadei)
    game 6 Death and taxes flap

top vs miracle (angelo cadei) lose 1/2 (g2 and g3 only 3 land....)

I find the really strong and competitive bunch.

tips and advice

To anyone that wants to play a solid and competitive ramp build, play this list. It's very good, you can leave the sideboard the same or modify the sideboard.

Otherwise don't make any changes to the following list, play this exact identical list below for atleast a handful of games and then feel free to dismiss this approach if you get any win percentage under 70%. Yes 70-75% is what I've been getting and I am certain you will get similar results if you try it. So, I highly recommend trying this identical list without ANY changes just a couple of games atleast. You can leave your sideboard as is. Any sideboard that has some combo hate in it will suffice.

//Mana
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    3 Glimmerpost
    3 Vesuva
    1-2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

//Core
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Eldrazi Mimic
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher

//Flex
    4-3 Endless One
    4 Oblivion Sower
    4 Conduit of Ruin
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Phyrexian Metamorph
    1 Breaker of Armies
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

//Sideboard
    4 Leyline of the Void
    3 Trinisphere
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Dismember
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 All is Dust

Again, play this identical main deck list. Don't make any changes except to the sideboard until you try this list unmodified first.

Just trust me on this, the above build is absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    4 ancient tomb
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    2 Vesuva
    1 urborg, tomb of yawgmoth
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost

4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Warping Wail
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

4 Wurmcoil Engine
    3 All Is Dust

3 Voltaic Key
    4 Grim Monolith
    2 Basalt Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo

1 Kozilek butcher

SB: 2 pithing needle
    SB: 4 leyline of the void
    SB: 1 zuran orb

I played this list Sunday in a tournament of 60 players.
    6 rounds in Switzerland and I finished first at the end of the 6 rounds

game 1 vs ant 2/0
    game 2 vs infect 2/0
    game 3 vs bug 2/0
    game 4 grixis (decay main deck) 2/0
    game 5 miracle 2/1 (top player italian angelo cadei)
    game 6 Death and taxes flap

top vs miracle (angelo cadei) lose 1/2 (g2 and g3 only 3 land....)

I find the really strong and competitive bunch.

tips and advice
    Just saw this. Congrats Caprino. Well done!

bruizar

Although ill take your word for it and believe the list is strong, how is this fundamentally better than turboeldrazi?

Although ill take your word for it and believe the list is strong, how is this fundamentally better than turboeldrazi?
    It is faster and doesn't lose to combo.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    ... play this exact identical list below for atleast a handful of games and then feel free to dismiss this approach if you get any win percentage under 70%.[/b] Yes 70-75% is what I've been getting and I am certain you will get similar results if you try it.
    I've seen you talking up this list for a while, but I haven't seen any discussion of your matchups. What decks are you playing against? Are these results online, in paper, or both? And how many matches total has this 70% figure withstood?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Just saw this. Congrats Caprino. Well done!
    Thanks..this list is very strong!!!

bruizar

It is faster and doesn't lose to combo.
    It seems like you get flooded most of the time though. Also, TurboEldrazi runs Candelabra of Tawnos which doesn't eat as many slots as basalt+voltaic+grim monolith.

It seems like you get flooded most of the time though. Also, TurboEldrazi runs Candelabra of Tawnos which doesn't eat as many slots as basalt+voltaic+grim monolith.
    Caprino lost to miracle because he made mana death. being flooded is rarely a problem cause eye of ugin search for ulamog. Candelabra is way slower than grim monloith and thran dynamo.
    Turn 3/4 ulamog is very usual.

bruizar

Caprino lost to miracle because he made mana death. being flooded is rarely a problem cause eye of ugin search for ulamog. Candelabra is way slower than grim monloith and thran dynamo.
    Turn 3/4 ulamog is very usual.
    That does sound very fast. I guess, MUD experiences the same but goes less over the top than this deck. If mana is not really a problem, why not go for some number of Ugin or Karn instead of/in addition to All is Dust? I get that Eye of Ugin reduces its cost, but a card like Karn looks more useful against, for instance Storm or other decks that do not rely on colored permanents as much. (I don't have any actual experience with this deck).

All is dust is an eldrazi spell so it is reduced by both eldrazi temple and eye.
    Ugin dragon and karn are way harder to cast in this deck. They are out of question. Like you could have time to go for eye search and have inevitability so it doesn't matter.
    Triple ulamog is game.
    Wurmcoil engine is ok cause it answers some delver/burn.decks problem what karn/ugin doesn't and are more expensives. You could also put some batterskul in the place of wurmcoil one mana could sometimes matters.

Thread Information