Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: BigEldrazi

Re: BigEldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    I write you in PM. THANKS
    No! Keep it public so the rest of us can see. I need to know more!

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    No! Keep it public so the rest of us can see. I need to know more!
    OK sorry. I write in pm info for side guide. Next time MD write in public

Quote Originally Posted by MD.Ghost View Post
    For the unique Decimator i have a short MODO League Clip for you vs Mirror:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iu...H2ugx-9oL9RcBe
    I still haven’t gotten over that .

My results online list MD ghost is 12 win 3 lose.

Very happy.

My results online list MD ghost is 12 win 3 lose.

Very happy.
    15 matches? Three leagues? Did you 5-0 one?

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

This is weird...I can’t win a single match with this list, let alone 12 of 15.

15 matches? Three leagues? Did you 5-0 one?
    3 league... 4 1... 3 2... 3 2

5 0 single matches

15 win 5 lose..

in the post above I had not specified the games.

these are the results updated to last night

What do you guys think about this new card called "Azor's Gateway"?

Theoretically it has a nice interaction with Voltaic Key in which you can activate it twice in one turn.

It functions as a draw/filtering engine until you flip it, when it becomes a powerful mana source:

So if you can flip it, you gain 5 life (which this deck always wants), and you get a ton of mana online.

With Voltaic Key active you can potentially flip this in three turns...
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

I've been hyping this card since it's been spoiled. I've ordered three.

I've been hyping this card since it's been spoiled. I've ordered three.
    I might have to pre-order a foil playset...
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post

Theoretically it has a nice interaction with Voltaic Key in which you can activate it twice in one turn.

It functions as a draw/filtering engine until you flip it, when it becomes a powerful mana source:

So if you can flip it, you gain 5 life (which this deck always wants), and you get a ton of mana online.

Do you like this card? Discard five card for flip...i think no good....

Aug 2014
    Philippines

Nope, I won't use this anytime soon. It's like removing 5 threats for a ton of mana
    TEAM BUDGET

You misunderstand: you actually don't want to flip it, you want the extra cards.

You misunderstand: you actually don't want to flip it, you want the extra cards.
    Ah ok.

You're not discarding cards, you're filtering,. So you discard one card you don't want, but draw an extra card. So it's a Merfolk Looter effect, and then when you hit 5 cards exiled (looted), you get a land that generates a ton of mana, and you get 5 extra life.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

You're not discarding cards, you're filtering,. So you discard one card you don't want, but draw an extra card. So it's a Merfolk Looter effect, and then when you hit 5 cards exiled (looted), you get a land that generates a ton of mana, and you get 5 extra life.
    What do you think 2 copy main deck?

Faerie Godfather

Jul 2005
    Finland

You're however investing 1 extra card and 2 mana upfront before filtering takes place thus essentially putting you one card behind. You'll have to ask yourself if you would rather draw this than a manarock, a land, or a business spell in your opening hand. Look at the draws you get, think which card you'd rather be Azor's Gateway and see if there's a pattern. If there is, perhaps something could be replaced. I'm very leery of the card myself; filtering is only good when you have useless cards rotting away in your hand, and this deck tends to need every single spell it has in order to get the "combo" of sufficient mana + big threat enabling a win.

I'd consider e.g. Coercive Portal and Scroll Rack superior in many cases. It's worth noting that both, Rack (which really needs shuffle effects to shine and also wants a rather full hand to be worth it) and Gateway are strict card disadvantage; you pay a card to get to filter. It's much like mulliganing; you get a bit more control on your 6 but you are down to 6 cards anyways. I might be wrong but the card doesn't strike me as something that will significantly improve this deck; I'd generally rather have a manarock in hand I find. And filtering just one card a turn is quite slow in this kind of a threat light deck. If going all Urza's Saga, e.g. Temporal Aperture might be an comparable alternative. Costs a lot to use but just plain cheats the thing you find into play making for 5 mana Ulamogs and company. Then again, since it doesn't benefit of Eldrazi mana or cost reduction, it's actually not all that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    You're however investing 1 extra card and 2 mana upfront before filtering takes place thus essentially putting you one card behind. You'll have to ask yourself if you would rather draw this than a manarock, a land, or a business spell in your opening hand. Look at the draws you get, think which card you'd rather be Azor's Gateway and see if there's a pattern. If there is, perhaps something could be replaced. I'm very leery of the card myself; filtering is only good when you have useless cards rotting away in your hand, and this deck tends to need every single spell it has in order to get the "combo" of sufficient mana + big threat enabling a win.

I'd consider e.g. Coercive Portal and Scroll Rack superior in many cases. It's worth noting that both, Rack (which really needs shuffle effects to shine and also wants a rather full hand to be worth it) and Gateway are strict card disadvantage; you pay a card to get to filter. It's much like mulliganing; you get a bit more control on your 6 but you are down to 6 cards anyways. I might be wrong but the card doesn't strike me as something that will significantly improve this deck; I'd generally rather have a manarock in hand I find. And filtering just one card a turn is quite slow in this kind of a threat light deck. If going all Urza's Saga, e.g. Temporal Aperture might be an comparable alternative. Costs a lot to use but just plain cheats the thing you find into play making for 5 mana Ulamogs and company. Then again, since it doesn't benefit of Eldrazi mana or cost reduction, it's actually not all that either.
    The deck is 50% mana sources. I don't know about you but that's often how I lose.

Faerie Godfather

Jul 2005
    Finland

The deck is 50% mana sources. I don't know about you but that's often how I lose.
    Okay, let me put it this way. You could either put this in your deck or put more threats. If you flood out, you could either draw threat or a filter to try and find a threat. Which do you prefer? The big thing is, this card replaces something. It has be worth more to you than what it replaces. I don't think replacing threat is the way to go since I'd generally rather draw a threat than draw this to start trying to fish for threats. Thus replacing a mana source and accepting that you'll have to harvest

There is also Crystal ball which I think is better scry 2 and doesn't see any play.
    To my mind this card is not playable, the 4CC artifact that draw an extra card each turn is better

Thread Information