Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: BigEldrazi

Re: BigEldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by Cocheloco View Post
    He, he... I thought you had become crazy! Could you post the 5-0 list please?
    https://www.streamdecker.com/deck/ByHFvICEf

Thanks, I thought the deck used Azor's gateaway?

Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post

Oh, that was Cyriss deck. I didn't get that list and I don't know how he did. But these guys went 5-0 with that list (after going 2-3)

Look at DEATHRITE1221's deck on this list. It went 5-0 and has 3 gateways.
    https://magic.wizards.com/fr/node/1252286

4 - 0 at a local paper tournament with the following list:

Main (61)

Creatures (16)
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Endbringer
    4 Wurmcoil Engine
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    3 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Spells (19)
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Sorcerous Spyglass
    4 Thran Dynamo
    3 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Lands (26)
    3 Eye of Ugin
    3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Thespian's Stage

Sideboard (15)
    4 Walking Ballista
    3 Trinisphere
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    4 Leyline of the Void

2-1 vs Miracles
    2-1 vs Nic Fit (blue)
    2-0 vs Maverick(black)
    2-1 vs Eldrazi

Wurmcoil was a house as usual, while Endbringer could have been Sower or any 5-6cc Eldrazi in the face of StP (I luckily managed to dodge Lands & Sns). I like playing 26 lands and the additional Urborg, making Tomb/Ugin draws better. Felt solid all through, even managed to win with less than stellar openers due to the inherent power of the bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucane View Post
    4 - 0 at a local paper tournament with the following list:

Main (61)

Creatures (16)
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Endbringer
    4 Wurmcoil Engine
    1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    3 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Spells (19)
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Sorcerous Spyglass
    4 Thran Dynamo
    3 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Lands (26)
    3 Eye of Ugin
    3 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Thespian's Stage

Sideboard (15)
    4 Walking Ballista
    3 Trinisphere
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    4 Leyline of the Void

2-1 vs Miracles
    2-1 vs Nic Fit (blue)
    2-0 vs Maverick(black)
    2-1 vs Eldrazi

Wurmcoil was a house as usual, while Endbringer could have been Sower or any 5-6cc Eldrazi in the face of StP (I luckily managed to dodge Lands & Sns). I like playing 26 lands and the additional Urborg, making Tomb/Ugin draws better. Felt solid all through, even managed to win with less than stellar openers due to the inherent power of the bombs.
    Nice, congratz !

Thespian over Vesuva ? Isn't that too slow ?
    Maindecking Spyglasses seems the right move these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDissent View Post
    Nice, congratz !

Thespian over Vesuva ? Isn't that too slow ?
    Maindecking Spyglasses seems the right move these days.
    Thanks man!

Thespian is slower, but more flexible overall. Also it doesn't give sketchy opening 7's with Eye/City like Vesuva does. As a bonus, I have won a few games due to copying opposing wastelands Eot in tight scenarios to make way for Eye of Ugin and it can steal a game vs lands if they are unprepared/sloppy.

Agree, spyglass has been one of the best cards in this deck since release.

Yesterday I play 3 league on mtgo 5 0...4 1... 3 2...very very good...

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    Yesterday I play 3 league on mtgo 5 0...4 1... 3 2...very very good...
    Congrats, great work!

What were the trouble matchups? MD Ghost list or homebrew?

Quote Originally Posted by Tucane View Post
    Congrats, great work!

What were the trouble matchups? MD Ghost list or homebrew?
    No new list. Next time i write matchup and list

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=18208&d=312795&f=LE

Congratz !!

I'd like to hear you on 4 Vesuva, 2+2 Thorn.
    Ratchet seems nice vs Back to Basics that i keep on facing games after games these times.

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=18208&d=312795&f=LE

Congratz !!

I'd like to hear you on 4 Vesuva, 2+2 Thorn.
    Ratchet seems nice vs Back to Basics that i keep on facing games after games these times.
    Thanks... Yes this list is very good....next time I test and write a games on the forum.

Thorn main deck is strong!!!!

Congratz Caprino!

Jul 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    Thanks... Yes this list is very good....next time I test and write a games on the forum.

Thorn main deck is strong!!!!
    Gz, nice runs and results - but why thorn/vesuva?

I am not sold on Thorn - yes, while it can be good T1 this deck isnt strong for T1 plays (compared to other Eldrazi&Stompy builds) cause you only have tomb and clearly would avoid most T1 City plays unless you have a good hand to follow up and knew against what you play. So its also common to start with T1 cloudpost or Eye&Temple etc.

Compared to Trinisphere all cc1 Stuff suffer more from Trinisphere including Creatures (legacy means: lots of cc1-2 creatures around) while thorn does nothing vs creatures and making cc1 Cantrips/Countermagic "only" cost 1 more. I guess it can be good if it hits the field early and MODO is still often more combo around than common.
    The problem is, Thorns tax, while good at the beginning, isnt really strong later, especially vs Control decks like C.Pile or new Miracles that have more than enough mana later for +1 Spellcost. On the other side it will affect a lot of our own stuff and while the deck is on fire if the manabase works it will struggle fast vs manadenial or bad draws. Casting cc8 All is Dust, or cc9 Ugin can be hard to and only makes Daze&Co better in these situations. Open with Thorn eating a Wasteland and looking at a Hand with Monolith, Sphere etc also can be a bad move if your opponent is able to follow up with a fast threat.

I would clearly play any Warping Wail over Thorn, even if its combined with Trinisphere.

Running 8 high end bombs leads also to clunky hands and without key or dynamo/sower (aka other ramp) it really relys on a) draw enough lands, which still take turns and b) getting that spyglass online early to avoid Wastelands both elements while you sit down and watch until you can release your handcards.

---

Ratchet Bomb is fine, card gets better with Key but overall not a bad sideboard tech.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by MD.Ghost View Post
    Gz, nice runs and results - but why thorn/vesuva?

I am not sold on Thorn - yes, while it can be good T1 this deck isnt strong for T1 plays (compared to other Eldrazi&Stompy builds) cause you only have tomb and clearly would avoid most T1 City plays unless you have a good hand to follow up and knew against what you play. So its also common to start with T1 cloudpost or Eye&Temple etc.

Compared to Trinisphere all cc1 Stuff suffer more from Trinisphere including Creatures (legacy means: lots of cc1-2 creatures around) while thorn does nothing vs creatures and making cc1 Cantrips/Countermagic "only" cost 1 more. I guess it can be good if it hits the field early and MODO is still often more combo around than common.
    The problem is, Thorns tax, while good at the beginning, isnt really strong later, especially vs Control decks like C.Pile or new Miracles that have more than enough mana later for +1 Spellcost. On the other side it will affect a lot of our own stuff and while the deck is on fire if the manabase works it will struggle fast vs manadenial or bad draws. Casting cc8 All is Dust, or cc9 Ugin can be hard to and only makes Daze&Co better in these situations. Open with Thorn eating a Wasteland and looking at a Hand with Monolith, Sphere etc also can be a bad move if your opponent is able to follow up with a fast threat.

I would clearly play any Warping Wail over Thorn, even if its combined with Trinisphere.

Running 8 high end bombs leads also to clunky hands and without key or dynamo/sower (aka other ramp) it really relys on a) draw enough lands, which still take turns and b) getting that spyglass online early to avoid Wastelands both elements while you sit down and watch until you can release your handcards.

---

Ratchet Bomb is fine, card gets better with Key but overall not a bad sideboard tech.
    My idea the play 2 Thorn main deck is good vs ant, miracle, and cantrip deck...next time i play - 2 Thorn +2 warping wail.

Yes thorn cost 8 all is dust and 9 ugin but spyglass vs wasteland and 4 vesuva help me to fast ramp and cast easy finisher cards

Another event stolen by Big Eldrazi : http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=18254&d=313196&f=LE

Original list from navi_stabber if I'm not wrong, successfully played by Caprino recently and piloted here by a good french player.
    Interesting things are maindeck Spyglasses, no Dynamo/Key, and really little midgame threats.
    Same gameplan as MGB's list, playing a lot of high end threats, and everything else in the deck is here to help you to reach the 8/10 manas safely.

Another event stolen by Big Eldrazi : http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=18254&d=313196&f=LE

Original list from navi_stabber if I'm not wrong, successfully played by Caprino recently and piloted here by a good french player.
    Interesting things are maindeck Spyglasses, no Dynamo/Key, and really little midgame threats.
    Same gameplan as MGB's list, playing a lot of high end threats, and everything else in the deck is here to help you to reach the 8/10 manas safely.
    Very good.

Spyglass I think main deck is necessary...vs wasteland ecc help a ramp and this list play only 4 Grim monolith for fast ramp...4x spyglass main deck is very strong

Has anyone tested with Azor's Gateway yet and if so can you report on how you felt about the card?

I haven't really had much time to play on MTGO lately but I'm dying to get back to testing Eldrazi Post (both the non Voltaic Key and the Voltaic Key versions) after spending the past few weeks playing Steel Stompy and plain Eldrazi Stompy on MODO.

I want to figure out if the Voltaic Key versions (possibly with Azor's Gateway) are the best or if going the non-Key route (with more disruption like Sorcerous Spyglass and Thorn in their place) is better...
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    Has anyone tested with Azor's Gateway yet and if so can you report on how you felt about the card?

I haven't really had much time to play on MTGO lately but I'm dying to get back to testing Eldrazi Post (both the non Voltaic Key and the Voltaic Key versions) after spending the past few weeks playing Steel Stompy and plain Eldrazi Stompy on MODO.

I want to figure out if the Voltaic Key versions (possibly with Azor's Gateway) are the best or if going the non-Key route (with more disruption like Sorcerous Spyglass and Thorn in their place) is better...
    I'm still on the fence regarding Voltaic Key. It provides super ramp, though without a rock, it's terrible, also, the whole dissonance with Chalice of the Void...
    I really like Azor's Gateway for the looting effect. The flip is excellent, but I cannot stress enough how helpful the selection is.

Quote Originally Posted by TTX View Post
    I'm still on the fence regarding Voltaic Key. It provides super ramp, though without a rock, it's terrible, also, the whole dissonance with Chalice of the Void...
    I really like Azor's Gateway for the looting effect. The flip is excellent, but I cannot stress enough how helpful the selection is.
    I'm also not sold on the key... it has 1 use imo and that's to turn 1-2 a TKS. I think in every other situation it's a win more.... Once you lock down the board with 3sphere to chalice...I think pumping out a 10 drop with key a turn faster or slower isn't going to make a difference. Of course there are times where it will win the game, but there are more times having 4x of Spy Glass or gateway will also win you the game...

I think key mattered more when the deck was just satrting out and was overloading on giant 10 drops...now with wurmcoil, endbringer etc filling the slots...it's less crucial

Thread Information