2 warping wail
    3 all is dust

Side
    4 leyline of the void
    3 wurmcoil
    2 warping wail
    2 trinisphere
    4 spatial contortion

I think 4 wurmcoil in side is good...spatial is very good Vs delver deck...
    I play 100 game...70% win game.
    What do you think?
    is it better to play Reality Smasher or to play Ugin the Spirit Dragon??

This is like Legend MUD but with less planeswalkers and more Eldrazi creatures. What has your testing shown you on playing more Eldrazi creatures vs. planeswalkers like Ugin?

Re: BigEldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    is it better to play Reality Smasher or to play Ugin the Spirit Dragon??

This is like Legend MUD but with less planeswalkers and more Eldrazi creatures. What has your testing shown you on playing more Eldrazi creatures vs. planeswalkers like Ugin?
    Do you think +4 ugin spirit dragon and - 4 smasher?
    Write you list thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    I play this list in this moment
    4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost
    4 ancient tomb
    3 city of traitors
    1 urborg
    2 vesuva
    4 eye of ugin
    4 eldrazi temple
    4 grim monolith
    4 thran dynamo
    2 basalth monolith
    3 voltaic key
    4 seer
    4 smasher
    3 ulamog
    1 kozilek
    4 chalice
    2 warping wail
    3 all is dust

Side
    4 leyline of the void
    3 wurmcoil
    2 warping wail
    2 trinisphere
    4 spatial contortion

I think 4 wurmcoil in side is good...spatial is very good Vs delver deck...
    I play 100 game...70% win game.
    What do you think?
    I change main deck.. +3 wurmcoil + 2 kozilek new +2 vesuva...-4 smasher - 1 kozilek butcher - 2 city of traitors

Side.. - 3 wurmcoil + 3 pithing needle

What do you think?

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    I change main deck.. +3 wurmcoil + 2 kozilek new +2 vesuva...-4 smasher - 1 kozilek butcher - 2 city of traitors

Side.. - 3 wurmcoil + 3 pithing needle

What do you think?
    Have you tested this? How has it been for you? I think Kozilek new is a good swap.

Hoy!

Quick question isn't Voltaic Key & Chalice a bit narrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid View Post
    Hoy!

Quick question isn't Voltaic Key & Chalice a bit narrow?
    sometimes they are in conflict, but they are both very important to the deck so you need to play them.

Hi,

I just went (7-1) in a 32-Player GPT Tourney. I brewed this deck from my MUD Post Deck and tried to meld the Eldrazi Aggro Pcs to a Cloudpost based deck.

Here's my List
    http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=14635&f=LE

[26 LANDS]
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    2 Vesuva

[13 CREATURES]
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    4 Wurmcoil Engine

[6 INSTANTS and SORC.]
    3 All Is Dust
    3 Warping Wail

[15 OTHER SPELLS]
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo
    3 Voltaic Key

[SIDEBOARD]
    4 Helm of Obedience
    4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Spatial Contortion
    3 Trinisphere

Matchups:
    Game 1: UB Reanimator (2-1) WIN
    Game 2: MUD (Metalworker) (2-0) WIN
    Game 3: BR Reanimator (0-2) LOSS
    Game 4: BR Reanimator (2-0) WIN
    Game 5: BR Reanimator (2-1) WIN

SEMIS:
    Game 6: BURN (2-0) WIN
    Game 7: Miracles (2-0) WIN

FINALS:
    Game 8: Miracles (2-0) WIN

So far the deck is really good against a meta who doesn't know the deck exists. It is really a good experience piloting this Turbo Eldrazi like deck.

Quote Originally Posted by cin View Post
    Hi,

I just went (7-1) in a 32-Player GPT Tourney. I brewed this deck from my MUD Post Deck and tried to meld the Eldrazi Aggro Pcs to a Cloudpost based deck.

Here's my List

[26 LANDS]
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Vesuva

[13 CREATURES]
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Wurmcoil Engine

[6 INSTANTS and SORC.]
    3 All Is Dust
    3 Warping Wail

[15 OTHER SPELLS]
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo
    3 Voltaic Key

[SIDEBOARD]
    4 Helm of Obedience
    4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Spatial Contortion
    3 Trinisphere

Matchups:

SEMIS:

FINALS:

So far the deck is really good against a meta who doesn't know the deck exists. It is really a good experience piloting this Turbo Eldrazi like deck.
    Nice....side in and side out Vs miracle, ant, death and taxes, Sneak and show, elf, miracle, eldrazi, burn, reanimator, bug delver, bug shardless, infect... Thanks i test you list

One question do you prefer 4 ulamog main deck? No 3 ulamog and 1 kozilek? Emrakul is more expensive is good main deck?
    Why no basalt monolith main deck?

Hi,

Here's my List

[26 LANDS]
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Vesuva

[13 CREATURES]
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Wurmcoil Engine

[6 INSTANTS and SORC.]
    3 All Is Dust
    3 Warping Wail

[15 OTHER SPELLS]
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo
    3 Voltaic Key

[SIDEBOARD]
    4 Helm of Obedience
    4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Spatial Contortion
    3 Trinisphere

Matchups:

SEMIS:

FINALS:

I test you list, i change main deck - 3 key +3 basalt monolith what do you think?

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

Hi,

Here's my List

[26 LANDS]
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Vesuva

[13 CREATURES]
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Wurmcoil Engine

[6 INSTANTS and SORC.]
    3 All Is Dust
    3 Warping Wail

[15 OTHER SPELLS]
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo
    3 Voltaic Key

[SIDEBOARD]
    4 Helm of Obedience
    4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Spatial Contortion
    3 Trinisphere
    Took down a 3-round local Legacy weekly event last night running this 75.

Round 1 vs Mono Black:

This was pretty much like Eva Green without the green. He had Dark Ritual into Hippie, Nantuko Shade, Tombstalker, etc. Game 1 he equipped an early Hippie with a Jitte and I was trying to race with a Wurmcoil Engine. Eventually I find Ulamog and blow up the Jitte and win from there. Game 2 I win by fetching up Ulamog with Eye of Ugin (which I am forced to sac via a kicked Gatekeeper of Malakir), followed by Emrakul hard cast to take another turn and blow up his board.

2-0, 1-0

Round 2 vs Miracles:

Game 1 was fun. I get two early Thought-Knot Seers followed by Chalice on 1 and 2. He finds a miracle'd Terminus followed by a miracle'd Entreat for 2 angel tokens followed by a Jace. He thinks he has stabilized, but on my turn I cast All Is Dust and blow up his board. I win via a third Thought-Knot. I board in the combo (which may have been wrong) and start the game with Leyline of the Void in play and Helm in hand. I'm one turn from the combo kill, but he blows up my Thran Dynamo and Leyline with Wear and Tear. I lose shortly thereafter to Jace. Game 3 was interesting. I took the combo back out. Start the game low on lands, and he resolves an early Blood Moon. Thankfully, this locks him out of white. I am able to hardcast a Wurmcoil, and ride him for a while. He's able to use Snapcaster as a roadblock while he tries to dig for a basic Plains via Top/Brainstorm/Ponder through my Trinisphere. He's unable to find it, and eventually I get to 10 mana hardcast Ulamog for the win.

2-1, 2-0

Round 3 vs D&T:

ID to split prize.

Not sure how the D&T matchup is. Their land hate seems like it would be annoying, but our mana rocks could help here.

Some notes:

Voltaic Key seemed to be the worst card in the deck by far. I never cast it, and I never wanted to see it. Sided it out a lot, especially where Chalice on 1 was good. I can see that being replaced by just about anything.

The combo in the side seems OK. Leyline is an obvious inclusion, but Helm takes up another 4 slots that could be better served as something else.

Overall, the deck seems awesome. I may try replacing the Keys with Basalt Monolith or something like Reality Smasher.

Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
    Took down a 3-round local Legacy weekly event last night running this 75.

Round 1 vs Mono Black:

This was pretty much like Eva Green without the green. He had Dark Ritual into Hippie, Nantuko Shade, Tombstalker, etc. Game 1 he equipped an early Hippie with a Jitte and I was trying to race with a Wurmcoil Engine. Eventually I find Ulamog and blow up the Jitte and win from there. Game 2 I win by fetching up Ulamog with Eye of Ugin (which I am forced to sac via a kicked Gatekeeper of Malakir), followed by Emrakul hard cast to take another turn and blow up his board.

2-0, 1-0

Round 2 vs Miracles:

Game 1 was fun. I get two early Thought-Knot Seers followed by Chalice on 1 and 2. He finds a miracle'd Terminus followed by a miracle'd Entreat for 2 angel tokens followed by a Jace. He thinks he has stabilized, but on my turn I cast All Is Dust and blow up his board. I win via a third Thought-Knot. I board in the combo (which may have been wrong) and start the game with Leyline of the Void in play and Helm in hand. I'm one turn from the combo kill, but he blows up my Thran Dynamo and Leyline with Wear and Tear. I lose shortly thereafter to Jace. Game 3 was interesting. I took the combo back out. Start the game low on lands, and he resolves an early Blood Moon. Thankfully, this locks him out of white. I am able to hardcast a Wurmcoil, and ride him for a while. He's able to use Snapcaster as a roadblock while he tries to dig for a basic Plains via Top/Brainstorm/Ponder through my Trinisphere. He's unable to find it, and eventually I get to 10 mana hardcast Ulamog for the win.

2-1, 2-0

Round 3 vs D&T:

ID to split prize.

Not sure how the D&T matchup is. Their land hate seems like it would be annoying, but our mana rocks could help here.

Some notes:

Voltaic Key seemed to be the worst card in the deck by far. I never cast it, and I never wanted to see it. Sided it out a lot, especially where Chalice on 1 was good. I can see that being replaced by just about anything.

The combo in the side seems OK. Leyline is an obvious inclusion, but Helm takes up another 4 slots that could be better served as something else.

Overall, the deck seems awesome. I may try replacing the Keys with Basalt Monolith or something like Reality Smasher.
    nice...main deck -3 key + 3 smasher?

side -4 helm +? 4 needle what do you think

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

I think I'll try the 3 Smasher main in place of Key. Not totally sold on it, but it's worth a try.

As for the board, I'm still not sure about the combo, nor with what I would replace the Helms.

Recently tested the following list (not to tornament though).
    I also didn' like the key, the card is too high variance, expedition map while being slower allows to find key lands such as eye or cloudpost, when you have big mana
    but out of gas.
    I didn't like too much ancient tomb against tempo, it can kill you easily ; I prefer the maze+urborg tech which slows down opponents and gives you still mana to hardcast stuff.

Also stalling with maze + then blowing evrything with all is dust is very nice tech.

Death and taxes is a good matchup aslong as you have enough WarpingW/spatial contorsion to answers revoker or stuff.
    If you want to replace voltaic key by a creature play endless one it is the best one all the time, you can easily make it 4/4 turn two with eye+urborg while smasher is not castatble yet, or huge late game and gurmag/goyf 5/6 are still present so having a 6/6+ matters sometimes.

// 15 Artifact
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Expedition Map

// 11 Creature
    3 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    4 Wurmcoil Engine
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

// 4 Instant
    4 Warping Wail

// 26 Land
    3 Vesuva
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Eye of Ugin
    3 Maze of Ith
    4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

// 4 Sorcery
    4 All Is Dust

I haven't tested emrakul seems win more to me. I think you need 4 all is dust is clearly one of the best card of the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by adrieng View Post
    Recently tested the following list (not to tornament though).
    I also didn' like the key, the card is too high variance, expedition map while being slower allows to find key lands such as eye or cloudpost, when you have big mana
    but out of gas.
    I didn't like too much ancient tomb against tempo, it can kill you easily ; I prefer the maze+urborg tech which slows down opponents and gives you still mana to hardcast stuff.

Also stalling with maze + then blowing evrything with all is dust is very nice tech.

Death and taxes is a good matchup aslong as you have enough WarpingW/spatial contorsion to answers revoker or stuff.
    If you want to replace voltaic key by a creature play endless one it is the best one all the time, you can easily make it 4/4 turn two with eye+urborg while smasher is not castatble yet, or huge late game and gurmag/goyf 5/6 are still present so having a 6/6+ matters sometimes.

// 15 Artifact
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Thran Dynamo
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Expedition Map

// 11 Creature
    3 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    4 Wurmcoil Engine
    4 Thought-Knot Seer

// 4 Instant
    4 Warping Wail

// 26 Land
    3 Vesuva
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    4 Eye of Ugin
    3 Maze of Ith
    4 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

// 4 Sorcery
    4 All Is Dust

I haven't tested emrakul seems win more to me. I think you need 4 all is dust is clearly one of the best card of the deck.
    Nice adrieng...next mouth i play big eldrazi in big tournament...i test you list.
    Side Vs bug, miracle, infect, elf, reanimator, Sneak and show...vs top tier deck? Thanks

Made Top 3 out of 30 players a at local Legacy event last Saturday here in Singapore.
    I played a list based on CIN's deck (we collaborated) and finished 3-1-1 on swiss. And lost on the semifinals.

My only losses were from the same Manaless Dredge (swiss and semis) but I would say it is due to bad luck only as I mulliganed aggresively for a Leyline of the Void on both Game3s. I mulliganed until 1 but to no avail.

R1: Death and Taxes - Win (Ballista and Ugin/All is Dust overperformed)
    R2: BUG Aluren - Win (I was able to resolve EmrakulTPE and he was unable to come back from it; One game was dominated by Ugin)
    R3: Manaless Dredge (Loss) - Mulliganed until 1 card in hand on Game 3 for a Leyline but still unable to have
    R4: BUG Midrange (Win) - G2 was won with a Turn 2 Ugin and G3 was won by an early Karn
    R5: OmniTell - (Draw) - ID for Top 8 slot
    Quarters: OmniTell (Win) - Karakas won me the game to bounce his Emrakul.
    Semis: See R3 as same thing happened

Won a Badlands (revised) as price for the event. below is the list I used.

Actual Deck Image: http://i67.tinypic.com/2potco2.jpg

Counts : 60 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:14
    2 Walking Ballista
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Endbringer
    1 Wurmcoil Engine
    1 Emrakul, the Promised End

Spells:21
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Voltaic Key
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Warping Wail
    4 Thran Dynamo
    2 All Is Dust
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Lands:25
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Karakas
    2 Vesuva

Sideboard:15
    1 Wurmcoil Engine
    4 Spatial Contortion
    2 Trinisphere
    4 Leyline of the Void
    3 Monkey Cage
    1 Karn Liberated
    Last edited by cddungan; 02-27-2017 at 03:11 PM.

This deck is really interesting for me, because it looks like it beats Miracles.

I love the Monkey Cage tech for Show and Tell.

I really don't like Voltaic Key, despite the cool effect with the monoliths and dynamo, because of Chalice of the Void.

I also really can't see playing this deck without Ancient Tomb or City of Traitors. Turn 1 Chalice is so strong, can't imagine playing against some decks without access to this play.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    This deck is really interesting for me, because it looks like it beats Miracles.

I love the Monkey Cage tech for Show and Tell.

I really don't like Voltaic Key, despite the cool effect with the monoliths and dynamo, because of Chalice of the Void.

I also really can't see playing this deck without Ancient Tomb or City of Traitors. Turn 1 Chalice is so strong, can't imagine playing against some decks without access to this play.
    I've been crushing Miracles and Death and Taxes for 2 weeks now on our weekly Thursday Legacy events. Toughest matchup was Show and Tell but seems my SB solved it.

Walking Ballista is super good in this deck; It is flexible as it can act as a game ending threat and a way to decimate the Elf and DnT matchups. I even use it as 4 mana removal against an early Delver flip. It is also a good manasink that you can trigger at the end of your opponent's turn.

I reduced the counts of Wurmcoil Engines as I rarely feel needing it early on my metagame. I prefer Endbringer to have more maindeck outs against Death and Taxes and Show and Tell. Besides, it is another threat that can be easily cast if ever you have an Eye of Ugin Opener. Should It be necessary, Wurmcoil can be fetched using Eye of Ugin.

You might really find Voltaic Key awkward, however I think it is necessary for this deck. I trimmed it from 3 to 2. It allows the explosive starts: i was even able to cast Turn 2 Ugin last weekend to decimate the BUG matchup. Without Voltaic Key, that won't be even possible.

That 1 of Karakas on the main proved to be really useful. Aside from bouncing Emrakuls and Reanimator targets, I have used it to bounce Resolved Thalias so I can cast my Manastones and spells "Tax Free". Another thing I did was bouncing my own Emrakul/Ulamog against Miracles which proved to be game ending as well.

I strongly believe Emrakul TPE > Emrakul AeonsTorn in this version. The Mindslaver effect increases in proportion to format age. Most of the time, specially in Legacy, there is no coming back from a Mindslaver effect.

On two weeks of testing, I have found the deck to be "resilient" to Wastelands. This is due to the Manastone package. You can afford to lose a land or 2 but still be able to crawl back, thanks to the Monoliths and Dynamos.

My current list
    4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost
    4 eye of ugin
    4 ancient tomb
    3 city of traitors
    4 eldrazi temple
    2 vesuva
    1 urborg tomb

4 chalice
    4 grim monolith
    4 dynamo thran
    4 basalt monolith
    4 voltaic key

4 thought seer
    4 wurmcoil
    3 ulamog
    1 emrakul (old)

3 all is dust

Side
    4 leyline of the void
    4 spatial contortion
    3 warping wail
    2 trinisphere
    2 warping wail

I play this list in a big tournament.

What do you think?

Played the same list I posted at our regular weekday event (regardless of how many attendees, week day events here in SG are limited to 3 rounds). My matchups are as follows:

R1: Death and Taxes (2-1) - W
    R2: Death and Taxes (2-0) - W
    R3: RG Lands (0-2) - L

Death and Taxes can be really tough game 1 especially when they have the wasteland-Revoker opener. Post boarded games become a lot easier after adding 4 Spatial Contortions and Karn Liberated to answer sideboarded Pithing Needles and other threats.

RG Lands probably is one of our deck's worst matchup. Game 1 he had an opener of Mox Diamond, Exploration, Thespian Stage and Wasteland. T2, he just casted Life from the Loam and I scooped. Game 2 he had a very fast combo hand eventhough I had a Turn 0 Leyline. he just created a Marit Lage at the end of my turn and killed me on T4.

Still playing the same 75: http://i67.tinypic.com/2potco2.jpg

hi,ballista main deck in my list is good?

for exmple +4 ballista -2 basalt - 1 dynamo - 1 key

what do you think?

Thread Information