Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: BigEldrazi

Re: BigEldrazi

Quote Originally Posted by caprino View Post
    hi,ballista main deck in my list is good?

for exmple +4 ballista -2 basalt - 1 dynamo - 1 key

what do you think?
    I suggest you to test it first on XMage/Cockatrice/MTGO should you have no access to the cards yet. For me Ballista is useful in this kind of archetype for the following reasons:

1. Fetchable by Eye of Ugin
    2. Good early game to ping down annoying DnT cards like Thalia and Revoker which hinders the ramp plan
    3. Good mana sink on games where you have spare mana
    4. Not a bad topdeck card lategame as it can easily translate to a large creature to kill your opponent in 1 combat phase
    5. Ballista for 2 can be an answer against an early flipped Delver of Secrets
    6. Very potent threat against Elves and Death and Taxes. Mother of Runes can't protect anyone from kt.

Been testing with 2-3 copies but I settled to 2. Endbringer took the 3rd ballista slot for more flexibility and answers to Reanimator/Sneak Show/Lands/Death and Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by cddungan View Post
    I suggest you to test it first on XMage/Cockatrice/MTGO should you have no access to the cards yet. For me Ballista is useful in this kind of archetype for the following reasons:

1. Fetchable by Eye of Ugin
    2. Good early game to ping down annoying DnT cards like Thalia and Revoker which hinders the ramp plan
    3. Good mana sink on games where you have spare mana
    4. Not a bad topdeck card lategame as it can easily translate to a large creature to kill your opponent in 1 combat phase
    5. Ballista for 2 can be an answer against an early flipped Delver of Secrets
    6. Very potent threat against Elves and Death and Taxes. Mother of Runes can't protect anyone from kt.

Been testing with 2-3 copies but I settled to 2. Endbringer took the 3rd ballista slot for more flexibility and answers to Reanimator/Sneak Show/Lands/Death and Taxes
    Main deck... +2 ballista +1 endbriger out ???

Help me

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

Went 2-1 last night in my local weekly event.

Round 1 vs UR Delver:

He's on the play in game 1 and gets a Delver out. It flips right away and eventually I die to Price of Progress. Game 2, I land a turn 1 Chalice but he has the Smash to Smithereens and I die shortly thereafter. This match seems much tougher than straight RDW because of the counterspells and Delvers.

0-2, 0-1

Round 2 vs D&T:

Turn 1 Chalice + 2 Thought-Knot Seers get there despite my opponent hitting 3 Wasteland. He's 1 mana short of Wrath of God, of which he shows me 2 that were sitting in his hand.

2-0, 1-1

Round 3 vs Burn:

Chalice on 1 and 2 wins game 1. Game 2 he wins with the nut draw on turn 3. Game 3 I get a Chalice on 1 and barely hang on for the win while at 2 life.

2-1, 2-1

Finished in 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
    Went 2-1 last night in my local weekly event.

Round 1 vs UR Delver:

He's on the play in game 1 and gets a Delver out. It flips right away and eventually I die to Price of Progress. Game 2, I land a turn 1 Chalice but he has the Smash to Smithereens and I die shortly thereafter. This match seems much tougher than straight RDW because of the counterspells and Delvers.

0-2, 0-1

Round 2 vs D&T:

Turn 1 Chalice + 2 Thought-Knot Seers get there despite my opponent hitting 3 Wasteland. He's 1 mana short of Wrath of God, of which he shows me 2 that were sitting in his hand.

2-0, 1-1

Round 3 vs Burn:

Chalice on 1 and 2 wins game 1. Game 2 he wins with the nut draw on turn 3. Game 3 I get a Chalice on 1 and barely hang on for the win while at 2 life.

2-1, 2-1

Finished in 3rd.
    List main deck and side thanks

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

Creatures:17
    4 Walking Ballista
    4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Reality Smasher
    1 Wurmcoil Engine
    4 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Spells:19
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Warping Wail
    4 Thran Dynamo
    2 All Is Dust
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Lands:25
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Eldrazi Temple
    3 Eye of Ugin
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Karakas
    2 Vesuva

Sideboard:15
    1 Wurmcoil Engine
    4 Spatial Contortion
    2 Trinisphere
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Ashen Rider
    1 Karn Liberated

Hello to all

Sunday I took the following list to mkm in milan

2 basalt monolith
    4 chalice of the void
    4 grim mono
    3 key
    3 trinisphere
    4 dynamo thran

1 emrakul the aeons
    1 kozilek butcher
    1 kozilek new
    4 ulamog new
    4 seer

4 ancient tomb
    3 city of traitors
    4 eye of ugin
    4 eldrazi temple
    1 urborg
    2 vesuva
    4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost

3 all is dust

side
    3 pithing needle
    3 spatial contortion
    4 leyline of the void
    2 warping wail
    3 wurmcoil

140 player 8 game swiss

g1 vs miracle (win 2 0 )
    g2 vs bug shardless (win 2 0)
    g3 vs miracle (win 2 1)
    g4 vs elf (win 2 1)
    g5 vs dragon stompy (win 2 1)
    g6 vs br stax (moon main deck ,daretti,magus of moon,esnaring bridge...win 2 1
    g7 flap
    g8 flap

final ranking I am in second place

top 8 vs ant (win 2 1)

semi final lose vs food chain (0 2)

final placing of 3 140

I am very satisfied with my result, the list is very solid and interesting-

let me know what you think

Congrats on the finish! I saw the result and knew it was you!

I tried this deck briefly online and gave up on it. However, Joe Lossett thinks differently - he is streaming the deck right now.

https://www.twitch.tv/oarsman79
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Hello to all

Sunday I took the following list to mkm in milan

2 basalt monolith
    4 chalice of the void
    4 grim mono
    3 key
    3 trinisphere
    4 dynamo thran

1 emrakul the aeons
    1 kozilek butcher
    1 kozilek new
    4 ulamog new
    4 seer

4 ancient tomb
    3 city of traitors
    4 eye of ugin
    4 eldrazi temple
    1 urborg
    2 vesuva
    4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost

3 all is dust

side
    3 pithing needle
    3 spatial contortion
    4 leyline of the void
    2 warping wail
    3 wurmcoil

140 player 8 game swiss

g1 vs miracle (win 2 0 )
    g2 vs bug shardless (win 2 0)
    g3 vs miracle (win 2 1)
    g4 vs elf (win 2 1)
    g5 vs dragon stompy (win 2 1)
    g6 vs br stax (moon main deck ,daretti,magus of moon,esnaring bridge...win 2 1
    g7 flap
    g8 flap

final ranking I am in second place

top 8 vs ant (win 2 1)

semi final lose vs food chain (0 2)

final placing of 3 140

I am very satisfied with my result, the list is very solid and interesting-

let me know what you think
    The list looks awesome. Congrats on the finish. Were you 100% happy with the build or did you have any cards that underperformed.

Mind if I include your list and finish in the Tentacle Smash OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    The list looks awesome. Congrats on the finish. Were you 100% happy with the build or did you have any cards that underperformed.

This is kind of a different deck. the "Tentacle Smash" thread is all about Eldrazi Aggro with Cloudpost lands... this is more of a Mana Ramp deck that focuses on artifact mana alongside the Cloudpost lands. It's a MUD/12post hybrid, and not really anything close to Eldrazi Aggro. Reality Smashers and Eldrazi Mimics are actually actively bad in this deck.

I feel as if this deck deserves its own thread as it is definitely not as focused on the little Eldrazi as it is more focused on artifact mana ramp and Big Eldrazi.

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    This is kind of a different deck. the "Tentacle Smash" thread is all about Eldrazi Aggro with Cloudpost lands... this is more of a Mana Ramp deck that focuses on artifact mana alongside the Cloudpost lands. It's a MUD/12post hybrid, and not really anything close to Eldrazi Aggro. Reality Smashers and Eldrazi Mimics are actually actively bad in this deck.

I feel as if this deck deserves its own thread as it is definitely not as focused on the little Eldrazi as it is more focused on artifact mana ramp and Big Eldrazi.
    Thanks
    Do you play new list Legend mud?

Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    Congrats on the finish! I saw the result and knew it was you!

I tried this deck briefly online and gave up on it. However, Joe Lossett thinks differently - he is streaming the deck right now.

https://www.twitch.tv/oarsman79
    Thanks, write you list thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post

Thanks Hammer, i think ugin spirit dragon is good main deck...

Thanks Hammer, i think ugin spirit dragon is good main deck...
    Congratz! I figured it was someone from this thread when I saw the list!

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

I still feel the weakest card in the deck is Voltaic Key. Am I just flat out wrong? I mostly just dislike cards that get shut off by our own Chalices. Against most decks you want a Chalice on 1 as early as possible, essentially rendering three cards in your deck (Keys) as future dead draws.

I still feel the weakest card in the deck is Voltaic Key. Am I just flat out wrong? I mostly just dislike cards that get shut off by our own Chalices. Against most decks you want a Chalice on 1 as early as possible, essentially rendering three cards in your deck (Keys) as future dead draws.
    I will try in the future without a key.

however, it makes very fast deck

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

I still feel the weakest card in the deck is Voltaic Key. Am I just flat out wrong?
    Yes.

I mostly just dislike cards that get shut off by our own Chalices. Against most decks you want a Chalice on 1 as early as possible, essentially rendering three cards in your deck (Keys) as future dead draws.
    Decks that want to maximize Grim Monolith should run Voltaic Key. The small risk of the clash between Key and Chalice is outweighed by the power of each. The function of Key is to combo with Grim Monolith: Key, Monolith, bomb. You're also overlooking matchups where Chalice at zero or another number can be strong. There's also the ability with some hands to play Sol land into Grim Monolith into Key into Chalice. This deck is not going to sit around for a bunch of turns doing nothing, and even if it did simply make land drops, the Posts are very good at reaching a favorable end game.

In short, you are overvaluing Chalice at 1 and undervaluing Voltaic Key.

In my testing voltaci key is high variance card ; it can be very good or very bad.
    What happens if you grim into key and grim get decayed or you just have a key without mana ramp ? I think playing expedition map is a better idea it helps developping yourself and avoiding wasteland
    and late game it searchs for eye of ugin. The deck has often hands with lot of ramp spells into nothing here map search for eye and win.

Nah you're wrong, because while SOMETIMES you can't cast them if you have Chalice @ 1, many times the key is the direct route to your most explosive mana.

Key is essentially a Sol Ring if any one of Thran Dynamo, Grim Monolith, or Basalt Monolith are in play. If you think of Voltaic Key as "Sol Ring", then it makes more sense. MUD lists in Vintage use to play 4 Chalice of the Void and didn't hesitate to cast them @ 1 even though they might draw a Mana Vault or a Sol Ring.

Voltaic Key is essentially Sol Ring because when it untaps a mana rock, it will cost 1 mana, but the mana rock will be able to tap for 3 mana again, thus the Key will be essentially generating 2 mana.

If Sol Ring was legal in Legacy, how many copies of it do you think MUD decks would play?

Thanks
    Do you play new list Legend mud?

Do you think all Eldrazi finishers (4 Ulamog, Kozileks, Emrakuls, etc) is better than 4 Ugin + only Kozilek/new Emrakul?

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

I definitely can understand the potential explosiveness Key can provide. In my testing, it often got shut off by my own Chalice, or sat on the playing field without a way to abuse it, as adrieng mentioned. I'll give it another go, however, as it clearly works well for those who support it.

Thread Information