Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hasbro Announces New Leadership for Wizards of the Coast

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Re: Hasbro Announces New Leadership for Wizards of the Coast

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Oh yes, it was completely intentional. The intent was apparently to train new players to play instants at times other than the main phase. By not giving you a main phase if you have instants.

Of course, it does also interact in fun ways with other bugs and shortcomings in Duels. Abbot of Keral Keep went from one of the most popular cards in the game to barely playable because the game doesn't "see" the exiled card, so you pretty much don't get a chance to play it unless it's an instant.
    Instants also behave in other weird ways though, like not being selectable when casting Pieces of the Puzzle. You'd think they would have at least gone with just starting the phase timer. As it is, you also can't activate instant-speed abilities of permanents during any main phase unless you also have something sorcery speed going on.

Is there a developer blog or something from Stainless that has a little more information on Duels? The WotC site is basically limited to announcements regarding updates, downtime (maybe), and problems affecting in-game purchases.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    Instants also behave in other weird ways though, like not being selectable when casting Pieces of the Puzzle. You'd think they would have at least gone with just starting the phase timer. As it is, you also can't activate instant-speed abilities of permanents during any main phase unless you also have something sorcery speed going on.

Is there a developer blog or something from Stainless that has a little more information on Duels? The WotC site is basically limited to announcements regarding updates, downtime (maybe), and problems affecting in-game purchases.
    The Duels community guy is active on www.reddit.com/r/magicduels, that's where I get info. There's cringey update videos once in awhile.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Didn't know they had their own subreddit, so I went to check it out. This is just the threads I found on the fronpage of it. Good to know we're not the only ones struggling with WotC technology.

The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I don't think it would be that easy.

I assume he's there to strengthen their digital department. No Android/OS X support and the sad state of MTGO is losing them tons of potential money.

My personal hope is that he weeds out all the incompetent chucklefucks, although that is unlikely. Raging nepotism is a huge problem at WotC that is holding back the company imho.
    Hasbro need to let him change policy and start paying market rate salaries, incompetent chucklefucks are all he's going to be able to hire otherwise. You simply aren't going to get the same talent for 55k that you get for 90k.

Thread Information