Thread: Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet + Anger of the Gods

Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet + Anger of the Gods

Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet

Anger of the Gods

So I'm having trouble understanding how replacement effects work here. Do I receive tokens when a number of their creatures die? Do I not due to them being exiled? If it's possible for me to get tokens, how is that decided? These are some of the issues that I can't seem to get worked out.

Any and all help is appreciated.

-ABC

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Re: Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet + Anger of the Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet

Anger of the Gods

So I'm having trouble understanding how replacement effects work here. Do I receive tokens when a number of their creatures die? Do I not due to them being exiled? If it's possible for me to get tokens, how is that decided? These are some of the issues that I can't seem to get worked out.
    Rule 616.1 says

616.1. If two or more replacement and/or prevention effects are attempting to modify the way an event affects an object or player, the affected object’s controller (or its owner if it has no controller) or the affected player chooses one to apply, following the steps listed below. If two or more players have to make these choices at the same time, choices are made in APNAP order (see rule 101.4).
    (The "steps listed below" affect self-replacement, control, and copy effects, which take precedence over any others, in that order. Not relevant as these both affect a zone change.)

Anyway, for rule 616.1, each creature's controller can choose which replacement effect applies to the creature dying. Since the options are
    • Exile the creature.
    • Exile the creature and opponent gets a token.

They will most likely choose to apply Anger of the Gods' ability to exile the token without choosing to give you a token. Basically, it's possible, but only if your opponent wants to.

Thread Information