Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Changes to Premier Play - or "How the Pros got screwed over"

Feb 2012
    Tienen

Re: Changes to Premier Play - or "How the Pros got screwed over"

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Do you pay any attention to where Pro Tours are held? There hasn't ever even been a Cairo, even in the heyday of more expensive locales 15 years ago.

Of late 2 or 3 of 4 are located in the US or Canada, in pretty boring, cheap to very cheap places. I mean, Pro Tour Milwaukee, come on.

Non-North America locations are places like Madrid, Brussels, Valencia, etc with the very occasional major Asian or Australian city (easily accessible from the Asia-Pacific area, which is also a huge market).

The closest thing to "exotic" anymore is Hawaii, which is not any more expense for Wizards than any other location outside the continental US, potentially less.

Wizards's problem is chronic underfunding, not overspending.
    Pro Tour Brussels was held in one of the dirtier parts of a rather dirty city. It's the only one I have ever witnessed, but I hope they choose at least somewhat more presentable locations for their other PT's. I had the probably all too naive impression that those PT's would be somewhat 'flashy'.

Re: Changes to Premier Play - or "How the Pros got screwed over"

I can't afford to travel the world to play a game and I get paid more than they do.

Thread Information