Thread: ODDShow(Brew) All Help Needed

ODDShow(Brew) All Help Needed

Back Story--
    I'm have dabbled in Legacy for a little bit mainly proxied small group stuff. (Not enough to give me any authority on anything.) Since the beginning of time I have been in love with Strom and recently I found out about DoomsDay. Due to budget stuff I decided take a Doomsday (DDFt) deck list, Ripped it apart, added everything I can to it, and i Got this!
    (http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/406374#online) Any Tips Pointer are wanted Saying this I Hate Burning Wish! and only have access to 2 LED's!

OmniscienceDoomsDayShowandtell (ODDShow) lol

Creatures:
    1 Laboratory Maniac
    1 Children of Korlis

Mana:
    1 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Dark Ritual

Draw//Digg
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    1 Ideas Unbound

Safety:
    3 Cabal Therapy
    1 Silence

Core//Combo
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Omniscience
    1 Enter the Infinite
    4 Doomsday
    1 Tendrils of Agony

Lands:
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Flooded Strand
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Underground Sea
    1 Volcanic Island
    1 Badlands
    1 Scrubland
    2 Island
    1 Swamp

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Re: ODDShow(Brew) All Help Needed

I don't have much experience with Doomsday decks, but Sol lands speed up the Show and Tell by a turn. Also I'm wondering why you aren't using the Shelldock Isle/Emrakul kill, which gives you another live SnT target in case you don't find Omni.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

i'm an active doomsday player, so i can try to give some of my thoughts.

i'd be more than happy to try this list out, with a few tweaks.

14 lands is a little light, even for doomsday. 4 petals doesn't really compensate for the lands.
    academy rector in the original list seems great. given that if you have drawn a cabal therapy, show and tell into rector -> omni. (worth thinking about)

3 led
    3 burning wish (or you can think of it like 2 burning wish, since you are running a 4th doomsday)

i think it's rather hard to win with a doomsday only approach with 1 LED. i'd recommend no less than 3.

i dont think you need lab man and storm in this list.

i'd rather just keep the storm combo.

this keeps you from losing to StP as well. (you dont want to depend on having omni out just to resolve a bunch of brainstorms to keep lab man alive.

what does enter the infinite do as a 1 of? i'm a little confused with this.
    i know it's great with omniscience, but if it's a 1 of and you have no tutors.....
    how is this going to work?

i'd propose the following with your approach
    mana sources (10)
    3 lion's eye diamond
    3 lotus petal
    4 dark ritual

cantrips (16)
    4 brainstorm
    4 ponder
    4 gitaxian probe
    4 sensei's divining top

interaction (4)
    3 cabal therapy
    1 silence

combo (15)
    4 doomsday
    4 show and tell
    4 omniscience
    1 tendrils of agony
    1 ideas unbound
    1 academy rector

lands (15)
    3 underground sea
    1 scrubland
    1 tundra
    1 island
    1 swamp
    4 polluted delta
    4 flooded strand

if you want to cut an LED for cost, i would at least run a 2nd academy rector and try to squeeze in another cabal therapy somehow. if omni becomes your main approach (show and tell is weird here...as right now in your build only Omni is your target....i would recommend more rector and more therapy) this could be very effective.

thought about this a little more. silence isn't needed. i'd rather have another academy rector + more cabal therapy.

1 Island
    1 Plains
    1 Scrubland
    1 Swamp
    1 Tundra
    2 Underground Sea
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Lotus Petal
    3 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Cabal Therapy
    1 Ideas Unbound
    4 Doomsday
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Ponder
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Omniscience
    2 Academy Rector
    1 Tendrils of Agony

i'd give that list a few tries. 3 LED's is necessary for many piles. (2 cantrips, no additional mana etc (LED, IU, LED, LED, ToA) is a pretty standard pile.

also thinking that the SB should push the deck to just be more of a show and tell deck. i guess it's still hard to say what the bad matchups would be, but i would consider matchups where storm is easier to hate and where show and tell is a heavy favorite.
    Last edited by mistercakes; 05-04-2016 at 11:38 AM.
    -rob

I play a lot of doomsday, wrote an extensive primer about it (in italian D:), i know a lot about the deck.

There is basicly no point in showing a omni and then going for doomsday, first of all in order to win via labman you tend to need BBBUUU2 at least witch is a nightmare to obtain with almost no leds (mainly the UUU part), if you plan to win via labman you have to play with a chromatic sphere to have a safe route vs remuvals, an approach i might consider is to play shelldock isle and emrakul, given that you can also show and tell it.
    4 pieces of protection will not work, you are too slow to ignore hate so you have to fight through it, i would scale up to seven, six is a good start.
    Childrens are not really a key compoent, i would stick to a UB/Grixis+Green brew, playing Doomsday you MUST have abrupt decay in a miracle infested metagame, if you plan to go off wia doomsday you generally have to play 1,2,3 and 0 drops so the chance to combo against even a single counterbalance are fairly slim.
    Having no tendrils in a doomsday deck will reduce you chence to win by a long shot, i would suggest to play the deck a bit in order to understand basic piles so you understand more about what's needed, if you want some help check my primer here, is in italian but i made a section with 50 or more piles explained in detail (you can even find a video for each pile with the solution).
    http://www.tipo1.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=34851
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    i'm an active doomsday player, so i can try to give some of my thoughts.

i'd be more than happy to try this list out, with a few tweaks.

14 lands is a little light, even for doomsday. 4 petals doesn't really compensate for the lands.
    academy rector in the original list seems great. given that if you have drawn a cabal therapy, show and tell into rector -> omni. (worth thinking about)

3 led
    3 burning wish (or you can think of it like 2 burning wish, since you are running a 4th doomsday)

i think it's rather hard to win with a doomsday only approach with 1 LED. i'd recommend no less than 3.

i dont think you need lab man and storm in this list.

i'd rather just keep the storm combo.

this keeps you from losing to StP as well. (you dont want to depend on having omni out just to resolve a bunch of brainstorms to keep lab man alive.

what does enter the infinite do as a 1 of? i'm a little confused with this.
    i know it's great with omniscience, but if it's a 1 of and you have no tutors.....
    how is this going to work?

i'd propose the following with your approach
    mana sources (10)
    3 lion's eye diamond
    3 lotus petal
    4 dark ritual

cantrips (16)
    4 brainstorm
    4 ponder
    4 gitaxian probe
    4 sensei's divining top

interaction (4)
    3 cabal therapy
    1 silence

combo (15)
    4 doomsday
    4 show and tell
    4 omniscience
    1 tendrils of agony
    1 ideas unbound
    1 academy rector

lands (15)
    3 underground sea
    1 scrubland
    1 tundra
    1 island
    1 swamp
    4 polluted delta
    4 flooded strand

if you want to cut an LED for cost, i would at least run a 2nd academy rector and try to squeeze in another cabal therapy somehow. if omni becomes your main approach (show and tell is weird here...as right now in your build only Omni is your target....i would recommend more rector and more therapy) this could be very effective.

thought about this a little more. silence isn't needed. i'd rather have another academy rector + more cabal therapy.

1 Island
    1 Plains
    1 Scrubland
    1 Swamp
    1 Tundra
    2 Underground Sea
    4 Flooded Strand
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Lotus Petal
    3 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Sensei's Divining Top
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Cabal Therapy
    1 Ideas Unbound
    4 Doomsday
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Ponder
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Omniscience
    2 Academy Rector
    1 Tendrils of Agony

i'd give that list a few tries. 3 LED's is necessary for many piles. (2 cantrips, no additional mana etc (LED, IU, LED, LED, ToA) is a pretty standard pile.

also thinking that the SB should push the deck to just be more of a show and tell deck. i guess it's still hard to say what the bad matchups would be, but i would consider matchups where storm is easier to hate and where show and tell is a heavy favorite.
    Thank you Mistercakes,
    I Agree strongly with your suggestions, the land base that I'm using is strictly because of budget, as for the Enter The Inf I had one laying around and thought why not. (lol) Through fishing the deck it seemed pretty good first 50 hands or so, but I began thinking it 100% a dead card it helps some what and could win games but if its in you hand its basically useless. One of the first builds ran Probability Storm and that was fun but as a fishing engine it has a high chance of Fizzling out. I wish I would of invested into Mtgo for a good play test group. Right not my main decks I test with are Death and Taxes and Mud so turn 2 scoop is my best play!!

If you do feel up to giving it a try it would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    I play a lot of doomsday, wrote an extensive primer about it (in italian D:), i know a lot about the deck.

There is basicly no point in showing a omni and then going for doomsday, first of all in order to win via labman you tend to need BBBUUU2 at least witch is a nightmare to obtain with almost no leds (mainly the UUU part), if you plan to win via labman you have to play with a chromatic sphere to have a safe route vs remuvals, an approach i might consider is to play shelldock isle and emrakul, given that you can also show and tell it.
    4 pieces of protection will not work, you are too slow to ignore hate so you have to fight through it, i would scale up to seven, six is a good start.
    Childrens are not really a key compoent, i would stick to a UB/Grixis+Green brew, playing Doomsday you MUST have abrupt decay in a miracle infested metagame, if you plan to go off wia doomsday you generally have to play 1,2,3 and 0 drops so the chance to combo against even a single counterbalance are fairly slim.
    Having no tendrils in a doomsday deck will reduce you chence to win by a long shot, i would suggest to play the deck a bit in order to understand basic piles so you understand more about what's needed, if you want some help check my primer here, is in italian but i made a section with 50 or more piles explained in detail (you can even find a video for each pile with the solution).
    http://www.tipo1.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=34851
    Thank you Noctalor,

I agree that DDFT is a much better deck than what ever Budget wanna be I put together. After I get a feel for this deck and acquire the funds to build a complete DDft. I just looked at your primer and all I can say is wow! Me and google trans are going to become best friends real soon! I'm just trying to build up something that is decently playable. So I can try and run it at some IQ's and stuff like that.

Thread Information