http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/c...gue-2016-06-12
    Eldrazi 15
    Miracles 12
    Shardless BUG 12
    Grixis Delver 7
    BUG Delver 6
    Sneak and Show 6

========================

The usual suspects, but Eldrazi seems more popular in Europe; thank to Tom Ross, Infect is still a thing in the US.

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

Re: Top 100 Day 2 meta for both Legacy GPs in US and Europe

Pretty shocked to see that much Miracles in the top 8, and it doesn't look like an awful bracket for any of them.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Also interesting that Eldrazi showed up in neither Top 8.

I ended up 113 maybe due to bad breakers at the US GP

All I wanted to see was eldrazi and I didn't play it once!

Quote Originally Posted by btm10 View Post
    Pretty shocked to see that much Miracles in the top 8, and it doesn't look like an awful bracket for any of them.
    Ban Terminus!

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

12 of the 13 miracles that were in the top 100 ended up top 32 for Columbus. 28/32 decks had 4X Brainstorm
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    12 of the 13 miracles that were in the top 100 ended up top 32 for Columbus. 28/32 decks had 4X Brainstorm
    Those Delver decks are just like Miracles!

May 2015
    PDX

Fully 50 decks of the top 200 were either Shardless or Eldrazi, and only 1 (a shardless BUG) made it into either top8 - what happened? I mean I get that these styles of deck are a total crapshoot when it comes to getting their best pilots into day twos and top8s (precisely because they don't really pick up extra win % based on player ability), but 25% of the collective field had 6.25% top-8 penetration?

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Fully 50 decks of the top 200 were either Shardless or Eldrazi, and only 1 (a shardless BUG) made it into either top8 - what happened? I mean I get that these styles of deck are a total crapshoot when it comes to getting their best pilots into day twos and top8s (precisely because they don't really pick up extra win % based on player ability), but 25% of the collective field had 6.25% top-8 penetration?
    I disagree pretty strongly that Shardless doesn't convert player skill cleanly into wins. Eldrazi gets a fair number of free wins off of Chalice and explosive starts, but Shardless gets very few since all it does is play interactive cards and doesn't have any real way from stopping its opponents from playing Magic (e.g., mana denial). One Shardless player drew himself into 9th at Prague, and 2 more ended up in the top 32. It performed basically at expectations for putting 12 copies into the top 100 at Prague (4/32 = 12.5%), and lost to ANT in the top 8, which is also in line with expectations. I agree that Eldrazi significantly underperformed.

I'll withold comment on Columbus until I see the top 16 and 32.

Edit: Given the quantity of Miracles and Delver in the top 32 at Columbus I'm surprised Eldrazi and especially Shardless didn't do better there. It's possible that Shardless hit the combo (or D&T) bracket early on day 2 while Eldrazi got gobbled up by Delver, which in turn beat the combo? Reports from folks who were there?

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Was there no undefeated day 2 deck in the US? I can't seem to find it on the mothership
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Also, someone post lists when they're up.

-Matt

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    Also, someone post lists when they're up.

-Matt
    Columbus 9-32

Prague 9-32

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Are the Top 8 lists posted or am I bad at interneting?

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

They're posted.

I'm disappointed in the coverage though. So many games and rounds played, so little coverage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    They're posted.

I'm disappointed in the coverage though. So many games and rounds played, so little coverage of it.
    Really? I was at Prague, and it seemed like there was coverage going on all the time. Don't know about US. Next time there is a Legacy GP in your own backyard, make sure to go there.

Two epic finals at both GPs, both involving Miracles losing the last game in the most spectacular way. Great for Legacy, really shows the format from its best side.

Dec 2013

Digitally it's scarce at best. Or they're making it incredibly hard to find.

I'm looking for video coverage over all rounds and reports on more than just a semi final and a final.

Try Twitch / Magic / videos. There are 2 hours of coverage from Prague day 1, and 11 hours of day 2.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I disagree pretty strongly that Shardless doesn't convert player skill cleanly into wins. Eldrazi gets a fair number of free wins off of Chalice and explosive starts, but Shardless gets very few since all it does is play interactive cards and doesn't have any real way from stopping its opponents from playing Magic (e.g., mana denial). One Shardless player drew himself into 9th at Prague, and 2 more ended up in the top 32. It performed basically at expectations for putting 12 copies into the top 100 at Prague (4/32 = 12.5%), and lost to ANT in the top 8, which is also in line with expectations. I agree that Eldrazi significantly underperformed.

I'll withold comment on Columbus until I see the top 16 and 32.

Edit: Given the quantity of Miracles and Delver in the top 32 at Columbus I'm surprised Eldrazi and especially Shardless didn't do better there. It's possible that Shardless hit the combo (or D&T) bracket early on day 2 while Eldrazi got gobbled up by Delver, which in turn beat the combo? Reports from folks who were there?
    Either Eldrazi ran into a bunch of bad match-ups or the players came ill-prepared. Maybe both. Eldrazi is a deck easy to pick up, but hard to master (mainly mulligan decisions and mana sequencing). And those few mastery percentages might have made a difference.

Shocking that a 24-26 land chalice deck couldn't navigate a 16 round event but we have an almost perfect brainstorm once again. But let's ban Chalice.

Dec 2013

Might in part just be b/c of the popularity of anyBrainstorm.dec - the number of people piloting decks running Brainstorm is a lot bigger than the number of people piloting decks without Brainstorm. At some point it just becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Thread Information