View Poll Results: Which of the following do you agree with?

Voters
233. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think Brainstorm should be banned

34 14.59%
  • I do not think Brainstorm should be banned

128 54.94%
  • I think Miracles should be weakened by a ban

99 42.49%
  • I do not think Miracles should be weakened by a ban

71 30.47%
  • I used to think Brainstorm should be banned but no longer do

10 4.29%
  • I've always thought and still do think that Brainstorm should be banned

16 6.87%
  • I used to not think Brainstorm should be banned but now I do

14 6.01%
  • I've never thought and still do not think that Brainstorm should be banned

114 48.93%
  • I think the new art on Top is better than the old art.

20 8.58%
  • I've always wanted to be just like Jace.

71 30.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Poll About Banlist

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: Poll About Banlist

Obviously I voted against BS ban and stuff like that but my mistake was to vote before seeing who set it up...
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by CabalTherapy View Post
    Obviously I voted against BS ban and stuff like that but my mistake was to vote before seeing who set it up...
    That's exactly why I skipped right to the irrelevant Jace question.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    That's exactly why I skipped right to the irrelevant Jace question.
    Irrelevant? I thought it was pressing that we fine mages could self identify with a being as perfect as Jace.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Too many decks would suffer if Brainstorm got a ban. Not happen'n.
    It would be interesting for a while for non-blue players, but ultimately just piss off anyone playing blue (not such a bad thing now I think about it)

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

No Trump option?
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

6 people confirmed to frequent a hookah bar
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

I vote for Robb Stark to be King in the North!

All the copies target you.
    Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

The BR discussion is an unorganized mess.
    I tried to get the admins to create a BR List subforum so that it's at least not one gigantic thread, but they hate moderating it as it is so they weren't too interested. I'd volunteer to moderate it just so that different BR discussions could have separate threads.
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Can we add an option to ban everything on new frames? Then double ban everything on the new new frames? Then triple ban foils?
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by thefringthing View Post
    I tried to get the admins to create a BR List subforum so that it's at least not one gigantic thread, but they hate moderating it as it is so they weren't too interested. I'd volunteer to moderate it just so that different BR discussions could have separate threads.
    I brought that up when I was not a mod, back when I would get in shit for posting in the B/R thread. I wanted all the B/R shit in its own subform so I could hide it and be done with it. Never see it again. (Like I do with the Modern forum here.) That to me is the bonus of that idea. Just making it a subform for what is basicly "Whats your Political Stance, MTG edition"? Fuck that. Can you think of a worse thing to visit? I mean IBA is not here anymore but we still have others here who when fired up create a mess. This poll turned into a joke? Fitting. Because if it turned into a 30 page long debate that got nowhere fast how would that help us? I mean if I got involved I would likely get another warning. (Yes, I have one. You can get one and still be productive around here.)

Now make a poll on Survival, Mind Twist, Moat and Island. Let everyone in those threads argue it out about all those cards and yell at one another to take it to whatever other thread when someone mentions in the same post that X 3 cards can be unbanned or blasted off the map. No thanks.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Quote Originally Posted by CabalTherapy View Post
    Whats your problem with me?

Also why are so many trolling my poll. Even our moderators who are supposed to keep things in order are acting like children on here. Di? Are you the dude who owns this place? If so you need to change up some of the moderation on here. I have no idea why I still post here...

There's nowhere on the poll to let others know you vape or are a vegan?
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberTooth View Post
    if brainstorm is banned, legacy will lost his heart

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

Ultimately ban discussions are a giant circle jerk. No one agrees on anything and even if they did it wouldn't matter because it wouldn't influence Wizards' decision-making at all. We don't need a bunch of little circle jerks, we need one giant circle jerk where everyone can be involved, and then the last person has to eat the biscuit... wait, what were we talking about?

Mar 2013

Di? Are you the dude who owns this place? If so you need to change up some of the moderation on here.
    Zilla is.

I have no idea why I still post here...
    Feel free to post, just keep in mind actions have consequences. B/R is kept in one place for a reason, you are not being picked on personally, people here just don't want to cover this topic another time and decided that some light hearted fun was better than "Pick a side, volume 27".

The B/R list is basically Legacy's political debate. Who you vote for if your intrenched is unlikely to change after a debate with someone on the other side who is also in a trench. What cards you think should or should not be banned is basicly the same thing. This thread is not a poll, it is an invite to civil war. We just decided to mutually disarm as a group in place of taking you up on your offer of picking sides.

Also mate, if you think this is bad PM this thread to Peter_Rotten and when he comes back, watch the real fireworks fly. Because yes, I fucked with your poll, but he would burn the house down and cackle while doing it.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Also why are so many trolling my poll.
    I'm surprised that you're surprised...
    What were you hoping would happen here?

It took 4 minutes to show the inevitable direction this thread would take.
    After half a dozen posts having fun at the creation of this thread, a suggestion to lock it was made. You pleaded to keep it open and are now surprised that all the subsequent replies continued poking fun.

If the mods did what they were supposed to do, this thread wouldn't have made it to a second page. I suspect the thread was kept open as a way to show you posts like this are pointless.
    Now you are less likely to make another poll than if this one had been locked, right?

Internet polls are worthless. They literally prove nothing and can be hi-jacked even if properly set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    I'm surprised that you're surprised...
    What were you hoping would happen here?

It took 4 minutes to show the inevitable direction this thread would take.
    After half a dozen posts having fun at the creation of this thread, a suggestion to lock it was made. You pleaded to keep it open and are now surprised that all the subsequent replies continued poking fun.

If the mods did what they were supposed to do, this thread wouldn't have made it to a second page. I suspect the thread was kept open as a way to show you posts like this are pointless.
    Now you are less likely to make another poll than if this one had been locked, right?

Internet polls are worthless. They literally prove nothing and can be hi-jacked even if properly set up.
    Winter is coming.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

I brought that up when I was not a mod, back when I would get in shit for posting in the B/R thread. I wanted all the B/R shit in its own subform so I could hide it and be done with it. Never see it again. (Like I do with the Modern forum here.) That to me is the bonus of that idea. Just making it a subform for what is basicly "Whats your Political Stance, MTG edition"? Fuck that. Can you think of a worse thing to visit? I mean IBA is not here anymore but we still have others here who when fired up create a mess. This poll turned into a joke? Fitting. Because if it turned into a 30 page long debate that got nowhere fast how would that help us? I mean if I got involved I would likely get another warning. (Yes, I have one. You can get one and still be productive around here.)

Now make a poll on Survival, Mind Twist, Moat and Island. Let everyone in those threads argue it out about all those cards and yell at one another to take it to whatever other thread when someone mentions in the same post that X 3 cards can be unbanned or blasted off the map. No thanks.
    Maybe there should just be a "Bitching and Moaning" forum where we can move all that stuff, the prices thread, and every new set discussion once it inevitably becomes a circus. Also every major tournament results thread.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by ahg113 View Post
    Winter is coming.

The cold never bothered me anyway...

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

The real problem with this format is, people can still play Mysterious Challenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Jun 2005
    Michigan

Unban Shahrazad. Make Magic Great Again.
    Belcher, RUG Delver, Death & Taxes, Colorless Eldrazi, Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose
    Fuck you ^_^

Thread Information