View Poll Results: Which of the following do you agree with?

Voters
233. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think Brainstorm should be banned

34 14.59%
  • I do not think Brainstorm should be banned

128 54.94%
  • I think Miracles should be weakened by a ban

99 42.49%
  • I do not think Miracles should be weakened by a ban

71 30.47%
  • I used to think Brainstorm should be banned but no longer do

10 4.29%
  • I've always thought and still do think that Brainstorm should be banned

16 6.87%
  • I used to not think Brainstorm should be banned but now I do

14 6.01%
  • I've never thought and still do not think that Brainstorm should be banned

114 48.93%
  • I think the new art on Top is better than the old art.

20 8.58%
  • I've always wanted to be just like Jace.

71 30.47%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Poll About Banlist

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Re: Poll About Banlist

Where is the option to ban banlist discussions?
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

When a poll also has 3 pages of discussion to go with it you know something is wrong... Stop with the crapposting and just poll. Poll your answers and leave their is no reason to troll the poll or the maker of the poll after you have polled. JUST LEAVE

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    When a poll also has 3 pages of discussion to go with it you know something is wrong... Stop with the crapposting and just poll. Poll your answers and leave their is no reason to troll the poll or the maker of the poll after you have polled. JUST LEAVE
    Someone missed the whole point of the last page.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

I want to say this as clearly, but as politely as is possible for the subject of your opinions about Brainstorm (and Terminus).

You would do best to remain mum on this entire topic unless you wish to research it first. For the short version, just go to the Banned and Restricted discussion. Start in late 2014. You can safely end in December of 2015. The topic goes round and round with no hope of convincing the other side of your perspective. You really do not have new ideas. Bringing up these same ideas with posts like this actually hurts to read. You are just going to anger people who are tired of the pain.
    The sarcasm is well-deserved because this topic is so caustic. I tried to tell you to leave it alone, but you did the exact opposite. Honestly, just let them lock the thread and do some reading. Get some popcorn. We excoriate each other.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    The sarcasm is well-deserved because this topic is so caustic. I tried to tell you to leave it alone, but you did the exact opposite. Honestly, just let them lock the thread and do some reading. Get some popcorn. We excoriate each other.
    This poll is actually going to accomplish something that 500 pages of crapposting in the other thread won't. It will let people know what the majority want with this format. Maybe WotC will see this and make a decision somewhat based on it. So be serious in your answers because it might effect the game you play every week or month. The sarcasm is never well deserved. If you dont want to poll dont poll, if you want to then poll, no need for the crapposting. All you are doing is making yourself look like a ___

Edit: after over 100 votes, im not going to just tell them toclose it, unless they want to in which case i cant stop em

I don't know if Brainstorm should be banned but at least ONE THING should be banned from the Miracles core. The deck is just too powerful and too flexible for the format. I'd vote to ban one of the following from the deck: SDT, Brainstorm, Counterbalance, or Terminus. If they want to go the safe route, they can ban Counterbalance or Terminus, as that weakens the deck but it still remains a viable control deck, just not overwhelmingly dominant.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
    Unban Shahrazad. Make Magic Great Again.

You owe me $2.25 according to TCGplayer.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Jun 2009
    Detroit, MI

This poll is actually going to accomplish something that 500 pages of crapposting in the other thread won't. It will let people know what the majority want with this format. Maybe WotC will see this and make a decision somewhat based on it. So be serious in your answers because it might effect the game you play every week or month. The sarcasm is never well deserved. If you dont want to poll dont poll, if you want to then poll, no need for the crapposting. All you are doing is making yourself look like a ___

Edit: after over 100 votes, im not going to just tell them toclose it, unless they want to in which case i cant stop em
    Everyone should listen to this. This guys definitely knows about crapposting.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

This poll is actually going to accomplish something that 500 pages of crapposting in the other thread won't. It will let people know what the majority want with this format. Maybe WotC will see this and make a decision somewhat based on it.

You know nothing Jon Snow.

Welcome to the Source, where the arguments are all made up and the polls don't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    It's like arguing your way out of a speeding ticket by saying "it's not like I'm wearing oven mitts, officer."
    Twenty Kavus and a Dream is NOT a Legacy deck.

Jun 2005
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post

You owe me $2.25 according to TCGplayer.
    We'll make Mexico pay for our Wall of Stone.
    Belcher, RUG Delver, Death & Taxes, Colorless Eldrazi, Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose
    Fuck you ^_^

Mar 2013

IIRC, there is another poll from last year that went completely the other way.

Also I voted, but I voted for Tops art. So how do you account for my vote on that poll, for or against? (If you feel you have to answer that question, you are again missing the point)
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

How long do people keep voting on these polls, by that I mean has everyone who would vote voted? I ask this because I am tired of reading crapposts on here and if people are done voting I want this thing locked...

MTGO Name: Adelorenzi
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
    We'll make Mexico pay for our Wall of Stone.

Mar 2013

How long do people keep voting on these polls, by that I mean has everyone who would vote voted? I ask this because I am tired of reading crapposts on here and if people are done voting I want this thing locked...
    im not going to just tell them toclose it, unless they want to in which case i cant stop em
    Two posts, which one do I follow?

This thread is so amusing though. Like 2009 threads all over again... Silly, free, everyone's having fun.

The home life behind the wall:

Two posts, which one do I follow?

This thread is so amusing though. Like 2009 threads all over again... Silly, free, everyone's having fun.
    Everyones having fun? Do you really think everyone is having fun when Ive been complaining about these ____ for the last 2 days who are trolling my poll and insulting me? Hopefully im not the only.one mature enough to realize the ____ going on in this thread. Though I seriously wouldnt be surprised if it turned out that everyone in this forum was around 12 yrs old.

Lock this crap thread Im tired of it... Im done...

Edit: oh did i hear correctly that i need to include a stupid picture to go with my post... na id rather not

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Actually I'm 34, it's just this thread has Kicker with my ADD
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Polls do not show up on Tapatalk

Everyones having fun? Do you really think everyone is having fun when Ive been complaining about these ____ for the last 2 days who are trolling my poll and insulting me? Hopefully im not the only.one mature enough to realize the ____ going on in this thread. Though I seriously wouldnt be surprised if it turned out that everyone in this forum was around 12 yrs old.

Edit: oh did i hear correctly that i need to include a stupid picture to go with my post... na id rather not
    You should change your name to "LegacyIsASchadenfreudeFormat".

Administrator
    Nov 2003
    Portland, OR

You're not the boss of me. You wanted the thread to stay open so now it stays open.

Thread Information