Thread: Arabian Nights in 2016

Nov 2011
    Krems an der Donau, Austria

Arabian Nights in 2016

When I look to the USA and Donald Trump, I see a man who hates moslems and he has a lot of fans.
    In Europe we have a similar picture. So now my question is: What would happen, if wizards prints the Arabian Nights Set in 2016. In 1993 everyone was happy with the arabian stories on the cards. But now so many people hate the moselms. And I ask myself how the magic players would react in cards with half moons on it and so in 2016.

What do you think about a set like Arabian Nights in this political times?

Arabian Nights is my absolute favorite edition. No edition ever printed has that much style. The new sets have no chance to reach this awesome set :)
    And I think such a set in 2016 would be as in 1993, because Magic players are mostly intelligent, and this helps agains stupid rassicm.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Re: Arabian Nights in 2016

I'd hope your average honey badger wouldn't care nor give a shit.

Trump's an idiot that shouldn't be taken seriously. I'm surprised he somehow managed to become the Republican candidate. I guess Kanye 2020 really is going to be a thing..?

The problems currently being caused in the world are being caused by a bunch of selfish psychopaths that abuse religion as their vehicle of choice and nothing more.

They won't make anything so "realistic" nowdays, kaladesh should already be what you're looking for.

Also, I personally really dislike the idea of printing a realistic set, ethics races and things like that mustn't be in a kids card game imho
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Quote Originally Posted by Rome View Post
    ...because Magic players are mostly intelligent, and this helps agains stupid rassicm.
    Religion has nothing to do with racism. I don't care about the colour of your skin, but I hate all kinds of religion.
    If they print a realistic set about muslims, it won't be recommended for <18 y.o.

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    If they print a realistic set about muslims, it won't be recommended for <18 y.o.
    Oh please do elaborate on this.

Nov 2010
    New Zealand

Wizards wouldn't go near it. Too dangerous to print cards like 'Jihad' in 2016.
    mtgpimp

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    I'd hope your average honey badger wouldn't care nor give a shit.

Trump's an idiot that shouldn't be taken seriously. I'm surprised he somehow managed to become the Republican candidate.
    We really, REALLY, REALLY don't want to go there. A mod should close this thread immediately.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

I agree. The expected value of this thread is below zero. If anything, this is a purely political topic and not related to Legacy or even just MtG.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Thread Information