Thread: Grand Prix Prague – 226th with Elves

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Re: Grand Prix Prague – 226th with Elves

Great write up as always, and nice to meet you.

I was 'the guy who Forked Bolt‘ed my entire board on turn2'. That FoW in game three is still winding me up, but what you explained is exactly what was going through my head. My Brainstorm didn't give me a third land and my second Delver was flipping to a Spell Pierce to go along with a Flusterstorm I had in hand. I didn't know how many Chokes you were running (I actually thought you were on Chaos Elves until I saw you deboard after the match), and I lose to it if I Force the Glimspe. I just had to hope your hand was bad, or it was bait

Still, highlight of the match was the Crop > Tabernacle vs Eye > double Mimic on the table next to us, so brutal.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

"he actually sided out all Counterbalances"

Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Great write up as always, and nice to meet you.

I was 'the guy who Forked Bolt‘ed my entire board on turn2'. That FoW in game three is still winding me up, but what you explained is exactly what was going through my head. My Brainstorm didn't give me a third land and my second Delver was flipping to a Spell Pierce to go along with a Flusterstorm I had in hand. I didn't know how many Chokes you were running (I actually thought you were on Chaos Elves until I saw you deboard after the match), and I lose to it if I Force the Glimspe. I just had to hope your hand was bad, or it was bait

Still, highlight of the match was the Crop > Tabernacle vs Eye > double Mimic on the table next to us, so brutal.
    Yes, that was actually me on the receiving end But then again, it's not a stellar matchup and I think I already mulled so.. what can you do, you win some you lose some.

ps @ julian: I was also your R5 opponent. Knew it from the start when I saw the pairing it's gonna be atough match and indeed it was.

Also I finished 11-4, unlucky tiebrekers (6:3 first day, 5:1 second) put me in 72 place and out of money. But then again I won't complain, it's the first time I actually played the deck.

ps2: the reason why I also might have been a bit on the slow side against you was mainly the endless permutations of plays elves have and you always feel you are in a sudden death mode, especially since you switched back to NOs. I also have this haunting feel that if I'd dismember/wail your birchole/heriatege or some other elf with some elf being on stack I might have cut you from the cruical mana for big spell. If I recall correctly you zenithed for craterhoof at some point and even cradled another fatty or sth..druid with something on stack.. but yeah, pesky elves and the math is hard some times (that's why I chose to play eldrazi )

Could you elaborate the Death and Taxes conversation?
    So Tomas told Marc he could not lose to death and taxes? Isnt that a bold statement after throwing away a feature match in round 9?

Thread Information