Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldritch Moon spoilers inbound

Apr 2014
    Fairfax V.A.

Re: Eldritch Moon spoilers inbound

Does the new Thalia mean Dryad Arbor comes into play doubly tapped?

Oct 2015
    DC area

Quote Originally Posted by Emo View Post
    Does the new Thalia mean Dryad Arbor comes into play doubly tapped?
    Actually the double taps cancel each other out and it untaps the Arbor. It's a rule loop-hole Wizards needs to work on.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by thedogue View Post
    Actually the double taps cancel each other out and it untaps the Arbor. It's a rule loop-hole Wizards needs to work on.
    Only on MTGO - and it's stupid enough to actually be bugged in some kind of way.

Oct 2015
    DC area

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Only on MTGO - and it's stupid enough to actually be bugged in some kind of way.
    I guess my joke was sadly somewhat accurate....

Supplanter of Identity
    2UU
    Creature - Shapeshifter
    Whenever Supplanter of Identity attacks you may exile another target non-token creature. If you do, Supplanter of Identity becomes a copy of that creature until the end of the turn. Return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control at the begining of the next end step.
    0/3

Probably the worst clone alltime!
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by HdH_Cthulhu View Post
    Supplanter of Identity
    2UU
    Creature - Shapeshifter
    Whenever Supplanter of Identity attacks you may exile another target non-token creature. If you do, Supplanter of Identity becomes a copy of that creature until the end of the turn. Return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control at the begining of the next end step.
    0/3

Probably the worst clone alltime!
    Not necessarily - it can remove a fat blocker or can be used or flicker shenanigans with your own EtB triggers. Not Legacy-playable, though, unless I miss something.

Not necessarily - it can remove a fat blocker or can be used or flicker shenanigans with your own EtB triggers. Not Legacy-playable, though, unless I miss something.
    Copy your Emrakul? It seems like a pretty savage hoser against Show and Tell.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Exile Sundering Titan... Or just about anything else.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    Well not really. You attack, copy and exile thier Emmy, hit them for 15 and wipe their lands, then what, pass the turn? They get their Emmy back, you have a 0/3 to lose on their swing, and now you have nothing any they have a 15/15.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    Pretty sure the Annihilator wouldn't trigger, aye?
    "I made a Redguard that looks like Kimbo Slice. He wrecks peoples' shit. And dragons." - Bignasty197

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Octopusman View Post
    Pretty sure the Annihilator wouldn't trigger, aye?
    The way it's worded, I don't think you get Annihilator since the Emrakul copy is already attacking, thus missing the trigger opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    NWO is just the perennial whipping boy people flog whenever there's a Magic Thing that they don't like. Either all of these people don't know that it strictly applies to common cards or they don't care? Because it's cool to hate the things you like? Not sure.
    New World Order is the poster child for the recent design trend (beginning with Lorwyn; before NWO was officially announced) to coddle new players and shelter them from feel bad losses. People use the term to refer to this new take on design.

Maybe we should just say 'newb world order'. Would that make you happier?

New Thalia is disgusting. As if D&T were not good enough already? Time to get me some Flashfires for Lands I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    That's amazing. I think I am going to finish DnT now.
    Traitor!
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

New clone is actually completely terrible against emrakul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

New Thalia looks like a shoe-in for D&T. This thing really hoses the crap out of Sneak and Show too.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Amarth View Post
    New Thalia looks like a shoe-in for D&T. This thing really hoses the crap out of Sneak and Show too.
    Except they can still EoT Sneak Attack, untap their fatty and wreck you.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Does it bother anyone else that they tried to create all this buildup towards a big reveal in SOI and Emrakul is the FIRST GODDAMN CARD to get spoiled in the next set? It was painfully obvious that it would be Emrakul, but sweet zombie Jesus we've barely had time to sacrifice a single clue and they're all "GUYS IT'S EMRAKUL!! ARE YOU SURPRISED?!?! GUYS!?"

I guess with the superfriends-focus on storytelling, it was Jace's mystery to solve and not ours anyway.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Dec 2011
    Norway

Except they can still EoT Sneak Attack, untap their fatty and wreck you.
    And then when they untap, you bounce their Emrakul with Karakas. New Thalia makes it easier to get the "hard lock" against Sneak & Show. Before they could just Sneak Emrakul out again after being bounced by Karakas.

I think the cc is too high to hardcast, and the body is too weak to justify cheating it into play. It *almost* has a game-winning synergy with Medomai the Ageless.
    Last edited by rufus; 06-23-2016 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Doh... timing doesn't quite work.

Oct 2015
    DC area

Does it bother anyone else that they tried to create all this buildup towards a big reveal in SOI and Emrakul is the FIRST GODDAMN CARD to get spoiled in the next set? It was painfully obvious that it would be Emrakul, but sweet zombie Jesus we've barely had time to sacrifice a single clue and they're all "GUYS IT'S EMRAKUL!! ARE YOU SURPRISED?!?! GUYS!?"

I guess with the superfriends-focus on storytelling, it was Jace's mystery to solve and not ours anyway.
    I completely agree. I mean they based an entire mechanic around uncovering the mystery.
    For god's sakes make it the very last spoil -- would've been much more interesting. I thought that's why they were marketing the set and cards that way...

Jokes on us and Marit Lage ends up still being spoiled last and is twice as powerful as the flying spaghetti monster. Touché Wizards... Touché....

Well the set symbol pretty much gives it away regardless so why not just do it? Honestly I am surprised they kept it unwraps this long, they didn't want another colorless mana symbol kozlik spoiler. I get the feeling you would find fault with it no matter what they did to be honest. Some people are never happy.

Thread Information