Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldritch Moon spoilers inbound

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Re: Eldritch Moon spoilers inbound

New Clone, bad vs. Emrakul, great vs. Marit Lage.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    New Clone, bad vs. Emrakul, great vs. Marit Lage.
    "non-token"
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantarus View Post
    Well the set symbol pretty much gives it away regardless so why not just do it? Honestly I am surprised they kept it unwraps this long, they didn't want another colorless mana symbol kozlik spoiler. I get the feeling you would find fault with it no matter what they did to be honest. Some people are never happy.
    Well remember it was Wizards that complained that leaking those spoilers early hurt the Magic community by taking away all the excitement and build-up to a big reveal (http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...urt-2015-12-16).

You're right that the set symbol is a pretty big giveaway though, and it's not like anyone was expecting anything else after the last block. It's like they brought out Neil Pert and Alex Lifeson, then announced a "mysterious special guest" would be joining them. Well of course it's fucking Geddy Lee. I just think it's ironic that 6 months ago they were bitching about how important the slow reveal of spoiler season was, and now they just drop presumably the biggest spoiler of the set on day 1. Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit and Emrakul is just a giant, mythic, overpowered distraction, or like thedogue said, just setting the stage for the return of Marit Lage.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    You're right that the set symbol is a pretty big giveaway though, and it's not like anyone was expecting anything else after the last block. It's like they brought out Neil Pert and Alex Lifeson, then announced a "mysterious special guest" would be joining them. Well of course it's fucking Geddy Lee.
    I have to sig this!
    Re: Eldritch Moon and Emrakul

You're right that the set symbol is a pretty big giveaway though, and it's not like anyone was expecting anything else after the last block. It's like they brought out Neil Pert and Alex Lifeson, then announced a "mysterious special guest" would be joining them. Well of course it's fucking Geddy Lee.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Marit Lage? I think you set your hopes too high. "Liliana, The Last Hope" will team up with Jace in a dumb love Story and their UNITED POWER OF LOVE will wipe out Avacyn/Emrakul/MaritLage so everyone is happy ever after with some help of random Planeswalkers #MTGstorylines #qualitywriting #JaceSavesTheDay #PlaneswalkerSuperBros
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Perfection.
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Everybody's a jerk! You, me..........this jerk.
    Jan 2006
    DuPont Circle

In the absence of Pinder, I'm going to award TWO Lesbian points for this. One for the awesome analogy, and the second for any Rush reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Look, I will suck your dick. I will suck your fucking dick. I will do it, just join my team. I’ll suck your dick. You can fuck me or get fucked by me. You can watch me fuck something. Just point at something, I’ll fuck it for you. Just tell me what you want me to fuck!
    ~ Team Unicorn Motto

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Marit Lage? I think you set your hopes too high. "Liliana, The Last Hope" will team up with Jace in a dumb love Story and their UNITED POWER OF LOVE will wipe out Avacyn/Emrakul/MaritLage so everyone is happy ever after with some help of random Planeswalkers #MTGstorylines #qualitywriting #JaceSavesTheDay #PlaneswalkerSuperBros
    This made me involuntarily shudder with dread. But I don't think WOTC would go there because then how would the plot move on to Kaladesh? I think we're safe from that level of Hollywood cheese, but I fully expect it if the Magic movie ever comes to pass.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Well remember it was Wizards that complained that leaking those spoilers early hurt the Magic community by taking away all the excitement and build-up to a big reveal (http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...urt-2015-12-16).
    The thing was, the Kozilek spoilers were super early, and more importantly not on WOTC's terms. Also, Emrakul was all but a lock for this set, while with OGW I'm sure we expected a Titan (Kozilek or Emrakul), but I don't think anyone was expecting an entire new mana symbol. This, combined with WOTC's scheduled release plan, meant that there was 2-3 weeks of speculation on the symbol before anyone could confirm what it actually meant. The Kozilek was bigger than just "we knew Emmy was coming". It was a major new change that not only affected the new set, but also cards from the past 22 years, and WOTC didn't get to roll that out themselves.

Nah, it's gonna be a Chandra/Liliana Love-in; Jace is just a distraction for Emrakul, while Lili throws flaming zombies at Emrakul and Tamiyo turns into the Moon to look after Emrakul. Because, apparently, Jace is incapable of understanding how Not to Mess with the Blind Eternities.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

With eldritch moon it seems like they are changing how mindslaver type effects work, you can now no longer look at any of the cards in your opponents sideboard even if you cast a wish spell.

"During a game, players may look at their own sideboard and the sideboard of any players they currently control. The sideboard must remain clearly distinguishable from other cards."
    As of Eldritch Moon, this rule is changing. Simply put, you can now never see an opponent's sideboard, even if you control that opponent. The exact language of the rule is being finalized.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

So ... how do I resolve an opponents Wish without looking at their sideboard?
    If you force a player you're controlling to cast a "Wish," you can't have them access any cards in their sideboard. If you make them cast Death Wish, the same rule applies: no cards, even at random sight unseen.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/co...er_player_and/
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor
    Jan 2012
    Manhattan, NY

Its not that much of an informational advantage because for the most part, you probably already know how your opponent is going to board against you.
    Play 4 Card Blind!

Currently Playing
    Legacy: Dark Depths
    EDH: 5-Color Hermit Druid

Currently Brewing: [Deck] Sadistic Sacrament / Chalice NO Eldrazi

why cards are so expensive...hoarders

Quote Originally Posted by apple713 View Post
    Its not that much of an informational advantage because for the most part, you probably already know how your opponent is going to board against you.
    Being a combo player myself, knowing if your opponent is siding in permanent-based hate or just "moar counterspells" is a great advantage.

Lost many games to opponents having a split between Relic of Progenitus and Rest in Peace.

Shit, I can even remember a game that I lost because the opponent had 1x Nihil Spellbomb, 1x Extirpate and 1x Surgical Extraction. I went off turn 0 and was met with Surgical Extraction on Griselbrand.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Post has since been removed so maybe they're rolling this one back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Post has since been removed so maybe they're rolling this one back.
    They probably just don't want to post the announcement until the official rules update.

I refuse to believe they are going to print this garbage, this is far too much.
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    <Meld pics>

I refuse to believe they are going to print this garbage, this is far too much.
    Actually of all the new mechanics they've had I kind of like this one. I always wanted an Exodia in Magic, and the Kaldra set wasn't Megazord enough for me. It'll make some interesting cube cards probably.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Yeah whatever man, Meld looks cool. Literal Voltron assemblage incoming, ha

Edit - pretty much guarantees that the Bruna-Gisela art is gonna be a great big Meld guy, right
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Thread Information