Thread: Mono-Blue Thing in the Ice Control

Mono-Blue Thing in the Ice Control

Since I've been looking to make a Mono-Blue deck for awhile, I've decided to make one based off Thing in the Ice. Considering TITI is quite powerful and Blue is known for control, I thought I'd combine the 2, using TITI for both defense and offense.

Creature (20)
    4x Augur of Bolas
    4x Judge's Familiar
    4x Surrakar Spellblade
    4x Tandem Lookout
    4x Thing in the Ice

Instant (16)
    4x Counterspell
    4x Mana Leak
    4x Unsummon
    4x Vapor Snag

Artifact (4)
    4x Isochron Scepter

Land (20)
    20x Island
    Last edited by ZillaSmasher; 07-01-2016 at 01:17 PM.

Re: Mono-Blue Thing in the Ice Control

This isn’t control but tempo; anyway, way too many creatures. 40% of Augur of Bolas triggers won’t find a spell. I’d suggest you cut Judge's Familiar, Tandem Lookout and possibly some Augur of Bolas for more instants, maybe some cantrips. (Ponder, Preordain, to quickly get the counters off Thing in the Ice; then there's Remand)
    Perhaps replace Surrakar Spellblade for Delver of Secrets because it’s a better beater (especially if you use Ponder).
    If you get rid of Augur of Bolas, 2 or 3 Curious Homunculus might be reasonable, so you have enough creatures. (unless you can afford Snapcaster Mage, of course)
    Unsummon wants to be Void Snare, or something else entirely. (bouncing their lands with Boomerang can be reasonable too; but I wouldn’t play that much bounce at all)

Thread Information