Thread: Problem with pics name for Cockatrice

Problem with pics name for Cockatrice

Hi everyone,

After a long MTG hiatus, I see MWS has basically been replaced with Cockatrice. I have installed it, and I see that it gets pictures on-the-fly. But these pictures are of lower quality than the HQ ones I already have.

The pics I have :

- are classified by set/extension (1 folder per set)
    - are not exactly of the name that Cockatrice expects (they have an additional suffix before the .jpg, eg : "Air Elemental.full.jpg", or "Air Elemental.xlhq.jpg")

How can I best / easily have Cockatrice use them ?

- I want to keep the folder structure otherwise it'll be a mess (plus no way to distinguish between sets).
    - I want to keep it easy to track which sets I have in HQ and which sets come from the LQ on-the-fly download.

Using the Custom folder is an easy way to distinguish between HQ and LQ, but it seems the Custom folder only expects singled-out cards, not folders / sets. Is there any way to change that ? In this case I could potentially remove the .full/.xlhq suffix myself (with a tool like Ant Renamer), even though I'd rather also find a way for Cockatrice to expect it and not edit file names at all.

Alternatively, I could use the "downloadedPics" folder, but then I'd definitely want to keep the the .full/.xlhq suffix to keep it easy to track whether a card/set is in HQ or not. So I would then require a way to 1) tell Cockatrice to expect it like before, but also 2) to NOT add it automatically to pics it downloads itself.

Thanks for your help.

(I have tried to ask this in the Cockatrice thread, but ppl only go there to post game logs nowadays)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    140x Relentless Rats
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bleiweiss
    I wish that Wizards would have just gone ahead and done away with the Reserved List entirely. It is nothing but a blight on the game and one that long outlived its purpose. [...] I am wholeheartedly in favor of getting rid of the Reserved List and reprinting higher-dollar staple cards from EDH and Legacy. Pete Hoefling the owner of StarCityGames.com agrees with my point of view as well.
    - Ben Bleiweiss, SCG General Manager, Feb 2010

Re: Problem with pics name for Cockatrice

I don't know much about cockatrice but enough about scripting. Sounds like a job for a batch/shell script, preferably combined with ImageMagick.

If you have a well defined folder and naming structure that should be included into another well defined folder and naming structure, a simple conversion (or more likely a replication) does the job. And if the image itself needs to be converted, ImageMagick can do that on any system. It is free and has a standalone version.

I've done things like that multiple times this way. Always works.

My problem isn't with the card names, my problem is with Cockatrice. I don't want to change the name of the files, nor the folder strucutre (preferably). I want Cockatrice to adapt to this existing (and pretty standard) structure.

Apart from that, I feel like my problem is quite basic / should have been encountered and solved already by pretty much everyone using Cockatrice ?

Or is everyone using Cockatrice only using the LQ auto-downloaded pics ?
    140x Relentless Rats
    I wish that Wizards would have just gone ahead and done away with the Reserved List entirely. It is nothing but a blight on the game and one that long outlived its purpose. [...] I am wholeheartedly in favor of getting rid of the Reserved List and reprinting higher-dollar staple cards from EDH and Legacy. Pete Hoefling the owner of StarCityGames.com agrees with my point of view as well.

Okay, in this case I cannot help you. Can you elaborate why you want that? In my experience, it is pretty uncommon to expect a software product to adapt your structure. Software developers often use the 'convention over configuration' approach because it means less coding, less complexity and less incompatibility.

Anyways, if you want to change the way cockatrice works, you might want to take a look into https://github.com/Cockatrice/Cockat...rddatabase.cpp
    It might hint what you have to configure or you might want to change the source and recompile.
    Also take a look at
    https://github.com/Cockatrice/Cockat...tureloader.cpp
    It seems as if you could change PictureLoaderWorker::getPicUrl().

Because of the reasons mentioned in my opening post.

I have like 20 000 hq scans that are organized according to the most and/or only common structure on the internet, which is 1 folder per set. They are named according to the most and/or only common convention on the internet. I can state this is the standard because they come from the exact same source as basically everyone else (unless everyone is now using a different source that I don't know of ?)

Cockatrice even specifically uses the same folder structure for its own lq self-downloaded pics. I just fucking want it to do the same for the custom pics, or at least find any way to use them and still be able to easily track which sets are lq and which aren't (specifix suffix, or different parent folder, whatever).
    Last edited by ParkerLewis; 07-02-2016 at 02:54 PM.
    140x Relentless Rats

Thread Information