Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: [Developmental] GW Opal-Wave

Site Contributor
    Apr 2011
    Orlando, FL

Re: [Developmental] GW Opal-Wave

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    The new 1-mana rule of law (Deafening Silence) is also perfect for this archetype as it slots in perfectly with Serra's Sanctum etc and Storm combo was one of the worst matchups before. Could be a strong SB option and hopefully there are some other upgrades for this deck with the new upcoming Theros set
    I think Veil of Summer may be a better answer, and likely main deck material. As it can give you shoud vs. storm, force a spell through a counter, or protect our goodies from abrupt decay all while cantriping. Seems like a must try.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

does this new planeswalker 2GW guy have any place in this deck? or is he too slow? dunno if he improves the bad matchups or not, but was curious from the people who play this deck.
    -rob

I don't see Calix doing much, but Destiny Spinner is definitely main deck material.

Edit: also worth noting Omen of the Sun. Infinte life and tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass House View Post
    I don't see Calix doing much, but Destiny Spinner is definitely main deck material.

Edit: also worth noting Omen of the Sun. Infinte life and tokens.
    Thirst for Meaning is also pretty interesting, and Omen of the Sea. (Not only is it a good setup card, once you go off you can draw your whole deck and put 4 FoW in your hand)
    I like the idea of a UW build but idk if a deck in legacy can handle playing so many 4drops (Opal/Wave/Replenish) without the Growth/Sprawl support (UW doesn't have many good sanctum enablers either).

Estrid's Invocation + Reality Acid is a thing you could do in this shell, but too cute probably. (I also just realised it doesn't interact with the opalwave combo because it's an aura)
    Last edited by kombatkiwi; 02-10-2020 at 04:46 AM.

Thread Information