Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1498

Thread: [Primer] BRx Griselbrand Reanimator

Re: [Primer] BRx Griselbrand Reanimator

So I'm coming back to Legacy after a few years, and I want to try with a Brx Reanimator. Right now, I'm thinking about 2 possible decklists. I don't have any bayous or scrublands, so I'll have to do with BRU colors for now:

Bru
    Maindeck
    3 Badlands
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Polluted Delta
    4 Swamp
    2 Underground Sea
    4 Animate Dead
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Entomb
    4 Exhume
    4 Faithless Looting
    4 Lotus Petal
    3 Reanimate
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Unmask
    1 Ashen Rider
    4 Chancellor of the Annex
    4 Griselbrand
    1 Sire of Insanity
    1 Sphinx of the Steel Wind
    Sideboard
    2 Abrade
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    3 Pithing Needle
    4 Show and Tell
    4 Stronghold Gambit

This one is more timmy, better in the early game with the chancellors, and using show and tells and gambits in 2nd and 3rd games (as I don't have access to scrublands or bayous right now, this is a way to ignore leyline of the void and other graveyard hate). As the sideboard strategy requires to take out many black cards, I tried to keep having many black spells for the Unmasks by mainly having black creatures.

Br
    Maindeck
    3 Badlands
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Polluted Delta
    6 Swamp
    4 Animate Dead
    4 Dark Ritual
    2 Duress
    3 Entomb
    2 Exhume
    3 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Reanimate
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Unmask
    4 Cryptbreaker
    4 Grave Titan
    4 Griselbrand
    Sideboard
    4 Pack Rat
    3 Abrade
    3 Blood Moon
    3 Stronghold Gambit
    2 Pithing Needle

This one is more controlish. The idea is to keep being good in the late game, by having creatures that can be played without reanimation spells. Blood moons should also be quite good. I doubt about the hymn to tourachs, as they might not take the removal spells, but card advantage is never bad (as many of my creatures aren't 1x2 being able to be played from hand, if the opponent removes them is not that bad).

Any opinion or idea will be helpful, I don't really know which are the best decks right now, I'm kinda lost.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by guillemnicolau; 02-09-2019 at 05:51 AM.

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous72 View Post
    Not sure if this thread is really active anymore, but is Green or White the preferable splash now? It seems with Assassin's Trophy that Green has taken the lead over Wear / Tear?

Thoughts?
    Trophy is basically your best option at this point. Card just so versatile it's ridiculous.
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

How do you think that the new mulligan rule would affect this deck? I see it better in game 1 but worse post sideboard, not exactly what we needed

Hello,

1st post here. Back on the reanimator plan, played it casually before.

I seem to have some struggle sideboarding against UWx Stoneblade decks. How do you guys approach the matchup/sideboard plan draw-play?

I would think it's similar to the Miracle matchup, but clearly my recent numbers shows otherwise.

For reference, i'm on Ewlandon list (https://teamrankstar.com/br-reanimat...SE0RCrCM7V9vrQ).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by McMasterJ View Post
    Hello,

1st post here. Back on the reanimator plan, played it casually before.

I seem to have some struggle sideboarding against UWx Stoneblade decks. How do you guys approach the matchup/sideboard plan draw-play?

I would think it's similar to the Miracle matchup, but clearly my recent numbers shows otherwise.

For reference, i'm on Ewlandon list (https://teamrankstar.com/br-reanimat...SE0RCrCM7V9vrQ).

Thanks!
    Nice!!!

Vs elf, dredge,burn side in and side out?

Thanks

https://teamrankstar.com/br-reanimat...SE0RCrCM7V9vrQ

Vs ub shadow

On the draw - 1 tidespout. +2ts
    - 4 chancellor. +1 iona
    - 1 Therapy +2 grave titan
    +1 lake
    On the play
    -1 griselbrand. +1 iona
    -3 therapy. +1 grave titan
    -1 tidespout +1 lake
    +2 ts

Someone help me side in and side out vs lands, elf, dragon Stompy, dredge, stoneblade.

Thanks

Hello everyone! I'm new to the deck, so maybe you can help me to understand some card choices:

For the maindeck, I think 56 cards are common to every list except for the second discard spell beyond unmask: I saw lists with 4 therapies (like ewlandon's) and lists with 4 TS (like the one that top4d a scg last month). Which is the best discard spell in your opinion? Why someone prefers one and someone the other?

For the sideboard, some slots are almost certain (1 iona, 1 elesh, 1 archetype, 4 reverent silence, 2 ass trophy, 2 discard spells that are TS in the therapies list and brutality in the TS lists). Then there is three slots for the grindy matchups(?): crypt breaker or pack rat or grim lavaman or 2 grave titans + 1 lake. Which is the best? Then there is a flex slot I think, to choose between the third trophy, pithing needle, magus of the moon, coffin purge, etc. I would go with the third trophy, but maybe it's excessive. What do you think?

Jul 2009
    Cleveland

Personally i am not super happy with any of the "grindy" plans. I don't think there is a consensus on it, though I think more lists are on the grave titan plan if you are just going by numbers on mtgtop8. I think, especially if you are new to the archetype and legacy, you will have more success with thoughtseize, but I think cabal therapy might be the better card if you know all the other decks in the format really well, and what beats you when. Thoughtseize 2 life points can be relevant to the number of g brand activations you have queued up. Fetch + thoughtseize + reanimate griseldad = puts you at 9 + activation puts you at 2 vs 4 off of therapy, which is relevant since bolt exists. I don't really like 3rd trophy mostly because it is hard to side board in a ton of cards, you still want a critical mass of dudes, enablers, and reanimate spells after boarding and it is hard to maintain that the more cards you side in. That being said, a lot of this comes down to your preferences, and play-style.
    @turingTested on twitter
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    これは水である。

Yeah, I didn't like the idea of playing grindy too, so I think I'll go for grave titan plan. I'm pretty new to the archetype but not new to legacy, so I will go with the therapies (and TS in sideboard). This leaves me with only one sideboard slot left, and I think I will play pithing needle. Thank you!

Hi guys!! We are trying to make a great sideboard guide for BRx, and we need the help of all the people who want to participate in this project.
    We have a huge Discord channel where we discuss all strategies vs every matchup, our torunament reports, etc.
    Please, join us and be part of the community!! https://discord.gg/66nPY8d
    When the guide is complete, we will upload it to this page so that we all enjoy it

Last edited by kinda; 04-01-2019 at 03:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

I'm considering in my list in the above post if I could run new teferi in the board...it deals with everything...
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Jul 2016
    Lisbon

What are your opinions on Gurmag Angler in sideboard as an alternative win condition against graveyard hate that isn't rest in peace/leyline of the void?
    Currently Playing

Legacy

Feb 2017
    Kassel, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco Pires View Post
    What are your opinions on Gurmag Angler in sideboard as an alternative win condition against graveyard hate that isn't rest in peace/leyline of the void?
    It is too fair and it does not pass Baleful Strix.

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco Pires View Post
    If it doesn't work against leyline of the void I don't think it's good enough.

This saturday I will try with the gravetitans aproach together with cryptbreakers, and SB pack rats.

If the idea is to ramp into fats Grave Titan is much better. Angler is soft to the same hate as the main deck, making it bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBleiweiss View Post
    I am actually most excited about this in BR and in Mono Black Reanimator.

Turn 1 Ritual into this is yet another fantastic play here. It applies a lot of pressure on your opponents life total unless your opponents uses up removal on it that otherwise would have hit your Sire of Insanity/Griselbrand later.

It gives the deck another workaround against graveyard hate. Your opponent mulligans to 5 to open with a Leyline postboard only to face down a 7/6 three turn clock on turn 1. Even if it doesnt win you the game, while they try to deal with that, it buys you time to find your Stronghold Gambit or Ass Trophy.

I think that for the first time from ages we get great fatty to reanimate. This is Griselbrand number 5 in decklists (or at least 3 Griselbrands / 1 Vilis split). If your reanimation spell is Reanimate, then I would definetly go for this over Griselbrand. Instant draw 8 cards after Reanimate.

Also what's your opinion about Scheming Symmetry?

Quote Originally Posted by paraszczak View Post
    If your reanimation spell is Reanimate, then I would definetly go for this over Griselbrand. Instant draw 8 cards after Reanimate.
    Wait, would that work? Wouldn't the lifeloss from Reanimate occur before this guy enters the battlefield?

If not, then yes it's an instant 1 of atleast in all Reanimator lists as an Entomb target.

As far as I know this works exactly like that. Reddit seems to came with the same conclusion.

Thread Information