Page 67 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1498

Thread: [Primer] BRx Griselbrand Reanimator

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Re: [Primer] BRx Griselbrand Reanimator

Pretty sure 3 Griselbrand is wrong, especially if you are replacing it with a Sire. But grats on his or her finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Pretty sure 3 Griselbrand is wrong, especially if you are replacing it with a Sire. But grats on his or her finish.
    yeah I would agree. Do you like Defense Grid?

Trying to finalize my list for the Philly Open, wondering how your testing has been going. Grid seems real nice against Delver, but you still need an answer to Deathrite as well so it probably isn't enough by itself. Obviously it's great vs Miracles

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Quote Originally Posted by delfam View Post
    yeah I would agree. Do you like Defense Grid?

Trying to finalize my list for the Philly Open, wondering how your testing has been going. Grid seems real nice against Delver, but you still need an answer to Deathrite as well so it probably isn't enough by itself. Obviously it's great vs Miracles
    Grid seems like a bad discard effect. It gets the counter out of their hand like a discard spell would but at a higher CMC and potentially can be removed. As general rule of thumb I follow a much more linear play style, does card X push through and progress my combo at the cheapest cost. I haven't tried it but I don't think I would like it. I'm going Wednesday to my LGS and will be testing out on mtgo for Sunday. Still gonna test out the unmasks since I haven't ever brought them to a live event.

Pat's 5k Champ -- 2005 Austin Tx
    Sep 2005
    tx

For those who have tried pack rat out of the board, what have been your results?

Is it real or is it just cute?

My first impression is that pack rat is slow and fragile until it becomes an unstoppable freight train. Is this accurate?
    -----------------------------------------

Aug 2016
    Göttingen

Grid is a good sideboard option in reactive metas. It not only taxes countermagic, but hate like Surgicals, too.

How does everyone handle Chancellor when Sideboarding? Do you ever take them all out?

I feel on the draw we should cut 1-2 as they can play through it easier, but on the play we always want all 4 to go as fast as possible. Is it ever right to take out all 4?

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

How does everyone handle Chancellor when Sideboarding? Do you ever take them all out?

I feel on the draw we should cut 1-2 as they can play through it easier, but on the play we always want all 4 to go as fast as possible. Is it ever right to take out all 4?
    I rarely take them out except for big mana decks, I have never taken out 4. The problem would be low threat count. Our blue counter part usually plays 7 targets and they have about 6 more cantrips than. Us on average I have taken maybe 1-2 out against big mana decks.

In some matchups, chancellor is just bad and never going to win you the game, ex. Lands, so I board them out even though I'm bringing in Stronghold Gambit in that matchup. Against big mana decks like Eldrazi and Red Stompy, revealing Chancellor can make them unable to play Chalice on 1 or Trinisphere on turn 1 so you can keep them in, besides sometimes that will be enough to win because it can fly over their guys to race, makes their guys a bit more expensive, and sometimes they will be hurting themselves with Ancient Tomb so it can be a quick enough clock.

Against any DRS or blue deck I would keep them (play or draw) because it delays DRS a turn and protects you if you have a turn 1 on the play.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

assuming Helm is too slow in this deck? I haven't seen in discussed but I'm just looking for other ways to beat Leyline.

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

assuming Helm is too slow in this deck? I haven't seen in discussed but I'm just looking for other ways to beat Leyline.
    Reverent Silence or Wear/Tear. You have to follow them both up with more spells, but like you mentioned, Helm costs more and I'd rather be casting RS for free and going off, instead of trying to get to 5 mana to cast and activate Helm

Colorless:
    Dark Depths + Thespian Stage (+ Vampire Hexmage)
    Quiksilver Amulet
    Nevinyrral's Disk

Red:
    Chaos Warp
    Confusion in the Ranks (triggers itself when EtB)
    Stronghold Gambit
    Sneak Attack
    Through the Breach
    Young Pyromancer transformation
    Burning Wish for answers

Black:
    Thoughtseize opponent and animate from their graveyard instead of yours (can win e.g. vs Eldrazi)
    Pack Rat transformation
    Cryptbreaker transformation
    Leyline of the Void + Helm of Awakening transformation
    Dark Ritual hardcasting stuff

Green:
    Reverent Silence
    Nature's Claim
    Tranquil Domain
    Krosan Grip
    Maelstrom Pulse
    Reclamation Sage

White:
    Wear // Tear
    Serenity
    Disenchant
    Monastery Mentor transformation

Blue:
    Show and Tell
    Echoing Truth
    Teferi's Realm
    Steal Enchantment

Take your pick. Wear // Tear tends to be the popular option. Reverent Silence if you prefer a green splash to get rid of multiple Leylines at once, and you are certain they won't bring in artifact hate as well. Tranquil Domain is the old school option if you are running Animate Dead and plan to keep them in to animate from the opponent's graveyard.

Helm was only good versus opposing Rest in Peace. It's meh versus opposing Leyline of the Void because you need to run your own Leyline with the Helm.

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Missing abrupt decay in green

Missing abrupt decay in green
    You are missing that Leyline of the Void is cmc4.

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Karhumies View Post
    You are missing that Leyline of the Void is cmc4.
    Sorry I thought you were just listing all sideboard options, missed the quote, thanks for the correction.

Sorry I thought you were just listing all sideboard options, missed the quote, thanks for the correction.
    Personally, I like Wear // Tear instead of running Abrupt Decay + Reverent Silence because Wear // Tear hits both enchantments and artifacts. What I mean is, in Br shell you don't have the blue cantrips of the Bu animator build to filter through your deck for the SB cards, so in my personal opinion running 4x catch-all (Wear // Tear) is better than running 2x leyline hate (Reverent Silence or Tranquil Domain) and 2x hate which hits everything other than leyline (Abrupt Decay). The only problems with Wear // Tear instead of Abrupt Decay is that it can get countered (well, they would still have that counter for the first animation spell anyhow) and it doesn't hit creatures, namely DRS. But against DRS, Br build has Chancellor, can aggressively mulligan to t1 animation, and can run Collective Brutality. Which is why I like MD Collective Brutality a lot in a Brw list splashing for Wear // Tear, since there is no Abrupt Decay from green against DRS.

DNSolver I see that you got a couple more 5-0 leagues. Were these with BR and if so what list did you run?

Those 5-0s were with Turbo Depths, not BR.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    Those 5-0s were with Turbo Depths, not BR.
    Ah ok. Thanks.

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Whos going to the classic tomorrow I'll be there!

Whos going to the classic tomorrow I'll be there!
    My Son an I will be there

Thread Information