Page 68 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1498

Thread: [Primer] BRx Griselbrand Reanimator

Re: [Primer] BRx Griselbrand Reanimator

Is there any tech anyone has found helps a lot vs drs decks? I feel like im beating non drs decks 80%. Grixis delver is like 50% and czech pile is like 35-40%. I have 3x needle in the sb but vs pile it's too little too late most of the time since they have leo, jace, kcommand (for needle), strix etc. Basically only winning when i nut draw them. Anyone found an approach or sb tech that works vs these decks?

Jul 2016
    Lisbon

Quote Originally Posted by Ewlandon View Post
    Is there any tech anyone has found helps a lot vs drs decks? I feel like im beating non drs decks 80%. Grixis delver is like 50% and czech pile is like 35-40%. I have 3x needle in the sb but vs pile it's too little too late most of the time since they have leo, jace, kcommand (for needle), strix etc. Basically only winning when i nut draw them. Anyone found an approach or sb tech that works vs these decks?
    I play with a green splash so, i usually put abrupt decay on game 2.
    In my opinion i don't think DRS is very dangerous, you can go off quickly and (i assume) you play with collective brutality which is very good against it.
    Currently Playing

Legacy

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

I have similar results my guess it's a bad MU. Not much we can do.

I've tried running 1 Pyroclasm and 2 Fatal Push along with 1 Needle. I also have Archfiend of Ifnir mainboard which is another way to go under DRS and deals with a lot of common threats coming from these decks, namely Strix and TNN. You can also try attacking from a different angle with Pack Rat. Overall my results are somewhat similar to yours though; I feel like I'm 4-6 vs BUG/Czech but grixis feels even to slightly-favorable.

Quote Originally Posted by TokenMaster View Post
    I've tried running 1 Pyroclasm and 2 Fatal Push along with 1 Needle. I also have Archfiend of Ifnir mainboard which is another way to go under DRS and deals with a lot of common threats coming from these decks, namely Strix and TNN. You can also try attacking from a different angle with Pack Rat. Overall my results are somewhat similar to yours though; I feel like I'm 4-6 vs BUG/Czech but grixis feels even to slightly-favorable.
    Yeh, maybe getting closer to 50% vs czech is just asking too much. I have been thinking about fatal push, decay seems like too much mana to run more than the 1 (for artifacts) that i have in the sb. I've tried pack rat and didn't end up like it at all. Pyroclasm prob has the same problem as decay, by the time you fire it off and pass the turn and hope to have the combo there is just no way it is going to resolve/not get surgicalled/not have a leovold or jace in play.

I think I'll put some pushes in the sb and see how that goes.

If you're worried about permanents (DRS, Nihil Spellbomb, Cage) against Czech, you could try Ratchet Bomb. Slow but flexible.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    If you're worried about permanents (DRS, Nihil Spellbomb, Cage) against Czech, you could try Ratchet Bomb. Slow but flexible.
    That's an interesting idea esp as an answer to cage. Seems very slow but the flexibility and the fact that it would hit drs along with other threats is pretty good, also kills a chalice. an interesting choice.

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Sadly I will be switching Legacy decks for now, going back to Eldrazi Stompy. I learned a lot working with you all and I be viewing this thread from time to time to help answer questions. Thanks to all for helping me grow but for now I must move on to my next project.

P.S. I will be playing Leylines if we every cross paths!

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Sadly I will be switching Legacy decks for now, going back to Eldrazi Stompy. I learned a lot working with you all and I be viewing this thread from time to time to help answer questions. Thanks to all for helping me grow but for now I must move on to my next project.

P.S. I will be playing Leylines if we every cross paths!
    I mean, I do like reanimating a Reality Smasher...

Thanks for all the insights--your posts always help me out when I'm on this deck.

Aug 2016
    Göttingen

Good luck, Judas!

Went 2-2 in the Legacy half of a tournament today. Both losses coming from tezz when they Black leyline me before game starts. Technically played “bad” against the first guy when I hard cast sire but that’s all I had and then he drops bridge off a top deck and I never got a chance to come back. Game three he plays into an eventual chalice on 2 after he had 3 leyline out and I had truth in hand but no blue mana (top decked it the following turn)

Next round same deck the guy stops me with counters after I mull to 5 and then tezz wins. Next game he helm combos after I bounce leyline twice with truth and dig for hand hate but I fail. I learned a ton about the matchup and I’ll do better with it next time

Round 1: turn 1 sire and then once we discard he’s on Reanimator (ester with stoneforge package in the side) we laugh. I win. Game 2 I keep a no lander with surgical thinking my chances of drawing into mana isn’t strong and it’s all I needed. I draw pass discard grislebrand and he politely thanks me for the turn two win and I Surgical my own grislebrand. We laugh again. (You can fail to find if you’re targeting yourself and nothing gets revealed) he wins with Batterskull after I fail to find anything meaningful besides chancellor. If I paid for Surgical I won but no mana at the time. Game 3 I sire and win

Round 2: turn one sire and he discards, I see the cradle and I tell him I’m sorry and he agrees that’s its ugly hahaha. We actually go 2-1 here thanks to Surgical after a landed DRS.

Rounds 3&4 of Legacy were the tezz players. If I’m bringing in more big cretches in a matchup and then show and tells so I just scrap animate dead? I’m not really good with taking things out of the deck when siding. I love everything lol

Oct 2016
    Saint-Petersburg

Hello everyone!
    What do you prefer to play against Deatn & Taxes?
    Massacre or Dread of Night? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Slick752 View Post
    Hello everyone!
    What do you prefer to play against Deatn & Taxes?
    Massacre or Dread of Night? Why?
    Massacre for sure because you usually go off the same turn it resolves and Port/Wasteland doesn't stop it. Your opponent needs to have harder graveyard hate or surgical and the ability to rebuild their board to win through Massacre.

I don't prefer to play Dread of Night or Massacre. Spending sideboard slots on extremely narrow cards that would only improve a good matchup is not good in Legacy. Death and Taxes is an excellent matchup for this deck - much more so than typical UB Reanimator. The matchup is, in fact, one of the reasons to play Dark Ritual in Reanimator and one of the matchups that drove the creation of this deck.

Death and Taxes cannot interact with a turn 1 or turn 2 unless they are on the play and can play a 2-drop like Containment Priest, RIP, Thalia, etc. Therefore, against D+T, especially post-board once you know what's going on, mulligan hands that are susceptible to this. I might keep a turn 2 hand on the draw that spends turn 1 Thoughtseizing or Unmasking a hatecard, but otherwise go for a fast hand - this deck has them.

The only card you would definitely want to sideboard in is Archetype of Endurance, as that + Griselbrand should beat almost anything as long as you watch out for Council's Judgment on Archetype.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Nov 2017
    San Diego, CA

I played RB reanimator when the deck initially became a thing (early 2016), and then sold out of it. Ive been playing TES for a while, but got bored and am diving back in with BRg, and unmask not collective brutality. I havent really kept up with the deck, and am wondering how the sideboard should be set up.

Quote Originally Posted by ye_old_storm_boy View Post
    I played RB reanimator when the deck initially became a thing (early 2016), and then sold out of it. Ive been playing TES for a while, but got bored and am diving back in with BRg, and unmask not collective brutality. I havent really kept up with the deck, and am wondering how the sideboard should be set up.
    15 shadowborn apostle to get around drs.

Quote Originally Posted by ye_old_storm_boy View Post
    Green is less necessary with less miracles around but for a Jund splash I usually set up something like:

2 Reverent Silence
    4 Abrupt Decay
    2 Massacre
    2 Pithing Needle
    3 Stronghold Gambit
    1 Grave Titan
    1 Tidespout Tyrant

With all that being said, once I moved to the white splash and just had 3 wear//tear there was no going back for me.

Oct 2016
    Saint-Petersburg

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra_D View Post
    Green is less necessary with less miracles around but for a Jund splash I usually set up something like:

2 Reverent Silence
    4 Abrupt Decay
    2 Massacre
    2 Pithing Needle
    3 Stronghold Gambit
    1 Grave Titan
    1 Tidespout Tyrant

With all that being said, once I moved to the white splash and just had 3 wear//tear there was no going back for me.

Is 2 Reverent Silence enough in Leyline of the Void MU?
    Why abrupt decay are not 3, but 4?
    Could you say what is your discard package?

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra_D View Post

2 Reverent Silence
    4 Abrupt Decay
    2 Massacre
    2 Pithing Needle
    3 Stronghold Gambit
    1 Grave Titan
    1 Tidespout Tyrant

Why titan sac effects against Lily and Diabolic Edict?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Why titan sac effects against Lily and Diabolic Edict?
    Fastest clock in the deck (2 turn), castable off rits, and yes, sac effects.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thread Information