Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: [Primer] BRx Griselbrand Reanimator

Re: [Primer] BRx Griselbrand Reanimator

Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    Tendrils, Boseiju, Archon makes 3 slots.

Why play Tendrils when you don't have Children of Korlis?

I wanted another win con that didn't rely on the graveyard.

Apparently I'm a noob when it comes to the combo.

Does Tendrils with Korlis make a infinite combo?

For information on Children of Korlis, go back and read the OP. Commenting on any thread on the internet assumes that you've read the OP.

Same kind of version as the BoM list did well at an SCG IQ:

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...?DeckID=107665

Creatures (17)
    4 Chancellor of the Annex
    2 Insolent Neonate
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    2 Sire of Insanity
    1 Tidespout Tyrant
    4 Griselbrand

Lands (13)
    1 Mountain
    2 Swamp
    4 Badlands
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Verdant Catacombs

Spells (30)
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Animate Dead
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Entomb
    2 Collective Brutality
    4 Exhume
    4 Faithless Looting
    4 Reanimate

Sideboard

1 Blazing Archon
    3 Blood Moon
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    3 Stronghold Gambit
    4 Thoughtseize

Basic mountain seems dubious and likely better as a fetchland in general.

Same kind of version as the BoM list did well at an SCG IQ:

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...?DeckID=107665

Creatures (17)
    4 Chancellor of the Annex
    2 Insolent Neonate
    4 Simian Spirit Guide
    2 Sire of Insanity
    1 Tidespout Tyrant
    4 Griselbrand

Lands (13)
    1 Mountain
    2 Swamp
    4 Badlands
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Verdant Catacombs

Spells (30)
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Animate Dead
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Entomb
    2 Collective Brutality
    4 Exhume
    4 Faithless Looting
    4 Reanimate

Sideboard

1 Blazing Archon
    3 Blood Moon
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    3 Stronghold Gambit
    4 Thoughtseize

Basic mountain seems dubious and likely better as a fetchland in general.
    I've been trying this version out online, I don't think it's as good as the unmasked version. I would be curious to see what Matthew Buttrey thought of the deck and what changes he would make.

I recently built this in paper (though I have only had a lot of practice with it, haven't played an event yet) and am running the list below. I am open to any ideas for it, and sideboard construction suggestions. My meta guaranteedly sees Miracles, Lands, and Storm, and everything else pops up as one-ofs as well.

Mana: 22
    2x Badlands
    1x Bayou
    4x Bloodstained Mire
    4x Polluted Delta
    3x Swamp
    4x Dark Ritual
    4x Lotus Petal

Creatures: 10
    4x Griselbrand
    4x Sire of Insanity
    1x Iona, Shield of Emeria
    1x Grave Titan

Disruption: 8
    4x Thoughtseize
    4x Unmask

Reanimation: 20
    4x Faithless Looting
    4x Entomb
    4x Reanimate
    4x Exhume
    4x Animate Dead

That seems like a great maindeck! 4 Sire plan is definitely an option, that's how it all started for me at least.

For sideboarding, we prefer a proactive plan of "what beats their hate?" So sideboards you see around here are pretty typical of this. We also play 4 of any card we think is good, because our deck has a hard time drawing the answers we sided in otherwise.

Recommended anti-hate cards:

Abrupt Decay - covers most hate cards in general

Reverent Silence - hits Leyline of the Void, which Abrupt Decay can't...

Other sideboard cards either break matchups considerably or are extra Entomb targets for sideboard games. I would recommend finding room for Tidespout Tyrant and Archetype of Endurance as alternative creatures for your sideboard, or possibly maindeck if you trim a Sire or two.

I hope to see you reporting back on your progress here!

Hey guys I've recently started playing Legacy with BR Reanimator and really enjoy the deck. I recently played a legacy event in Melbourne with the deck. There was 10 People at the event. I came 4th in the swiss, cut to top 4 and lost. (List Below)

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=13493&d=279341&f=LE

I've got a Win a Duel Legacy tournament on Friday night. I'm wondering what I should change in the deck to better beat the field of Miracles, Death and Taxes, BURg Delver.

Should I main deck collective brutality?

Anyone got a updated list of the deck?

Hi everyone!!

Just a question: do you see Sneak Attack a good sideboard option? I do not see why not but i´m sure i'm missing somethig

Thanks a lot!

@KnightJay: Your list looks pretty good. Personally I find Blazing Archon unnecessary. If you want to beat Miracles, I would recommend being as fast as possible, perhaps playing a version with Simian Spirit Guide like the Bazaar of Moxen list to maximize the stupid effects of Chancellor.

Death and Taxes is a pretty easy matchup, especially if you are on a faster version.

Delver is always going to be a tough matchup.

@Ling: I think that Sneak Attack is fine in a version with more than 8 fast mana. So if you are playing Simian Spirit Guides, you probably have enough fast mana to reliably land Sneak Attack. I've never played it myself, though.

That seems like a great maindeck! 4 Sire plan is definitely an option, that's how it all started for me at least.

For sideboarding, we prefer a proactive plan of "what beats their hate?" So sideboards you see around here are pretty typical of this. We also play 4 of any card we think is good, because our deck has a hard time drawing the answers we sided in otherwise.

Recommended anti-hate cards:

Abrupt Decay - covers most hate cards in general

Reverent Silence - hits Leyline of the Void, which Abrupt Decay can't...

Other sideboard cards either break matchups considerably or are extra Entomb targets for sideboard games. I would recommend finding room for Tidespout Tyrant and Archetype of Endurance as alternative creatures for your sideboard, or possibly maindeck if you trim a Sire or two.

I hope to see you reporting back on your progress here!
    Thanks, man!

I wrote up that other post while falling asleep, so I forgot to include the beginnings of my board. As you can see by the Bayou, I've embraced the green sideboard plan, and my board so far does contain 3x Abrupt Decay and 3x Reverent Silence, which is in line with your recommendations.

I'm considering cutting a Sire for the Arch-Pig, to turn off Karakas, and the Vensers that I see in Miracles decks. I also have an Inkwell Leviathan for them.

I'm hesitant to put in Stronghold Gambits, because the Miracles builds I see around here run a good amount of creatures, and even Lands brings in Tireless Trackers.

I am a fan of Pithing Needle, though.

Here's the questions I asked myself before making a decision about Pithing Needle:

1) What matchups do I want it in? In those matchups, what am I naming?

2) Do those cards *always* do a ton against us? If so, what other cards / deckbuilding decisions could I play that answer those cards?

3) What am I cutting to bring in Needles? How many sideboard cards am I bringing in, and is that too many?

4) Is Needle really the best answer?

Pretty much what happened to me is that I wanted it in fewer and fewer matchups, preferred Decay in most I wanted it in, and then wanted to avoid bringing in more than 4 cards in any given matchup, just to keep consistency. Additionally, my Needles got countered / killed when I needed them to save me. So one day I just cut them. You are welcome to play them, though.

Here's the questions I asked myself before making a decision about Pithing Needle:

1) What matchups do I want it in? In those matchups, what am I naming?

2) Do those cards *always* do a ton against us? If so, what other cards / deckbuilding decisions could I play that answer those cards?

3) What am I cutting to bring in Needles? How many sideboard cards am I bringing in, and is that too many?

4) Is Needle really the best answer?

Pretty much what happened to me is that I wanted it in fewer and fewer matchups, preferred Decay in most I wanted it in, and then wanted to avoid bringing in more than 4 cards in any given matchup, just to keep consistency. Additionally, my Needles got countered / killed when I needed them to save me. So one day I just cut them. You are welcome to play them, though.
    1. The match ups I've wanted it in are, so far, are Miracles and Lands (can you tell what my friends play?) to turn off Karakas and Maze of Ith. I suppose Arch-Pig solves that problem. Against Lands, I've wanted it to turn off the Marit Lage combo, but going fast could very well solve that too.

2. I think I answered 2 with considering Arch-Pig.

3. This has been a nightmare to think about every time.

4. Given that Arch-Pig protects itself in a way that Needle does not, Arch-Pig seems the better answer.

Forgive the double post, but how exactly does Keranos get around Containment Priest? There must be something simple I'm missing.

Keranos isn't a creature when he comes into play from Reanimate / Exhume / Animate Dead. Containment Priest says, "Yo, you a creature?" and Keranos says, "Nope, just some dumb enchantment."

Keranos isn't a creature when he comes into play from Reanimate / Exhume / Animate Dead. Containment Priest says, "Yo, you a creature?" and Keranos says, "Nope, just some dumb enchantment."
    What gives me pause is this ruling from Keranos's Gatherer page: 4/26/2014 The type-changing ability that can make the God not be a creature functions only on the battlefield. It’s always a creature card in other zones, regardless of your devotion to its color.

If it never reaches the battlefield, it never stops being a creature, if I'm understanding that ruling correctly.

Edit:

To make my line of though crystal clear:

You cast the reanimation spell. The game instructs us to change the zone he's in from the graveyard to the battlefield. Containment Priest sees "Creature" on his type line, and he is put into exile instead.

He'd have to hit the battlefield for the devotion ability to start working and remove "Creature" from his type line. If Containment Priest's ability were triggered, instead of a replacement ability, I see how Keranos would stay on the battlefield. But since he never even reaches the battlefield to lose "Creature", I still am not seeing how he gets around Priest.

Like I said, I swear there must be something I'm missing if this works.

Edit 2: Okay, it's rule 614.12 that I wasn't aware of.
    Last edited by Kraus; 09-23-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Aug 2016
    Göttingen

Did someone use Collective Brutality? I mean, it appears in more lists recently and nobody reports. Did you even try it?

Just a quick post. Went 3-0 and ID round 4 with the other 3-0 guy. How of the 3 matches I played didn't lose a game. Played ANT round 1 and 2. Played against traditional reanimator round 3. I will say the BRx version is so good against ANT, they literally couldn't do anything especially if I had a Chancellor of the Annex in my opening hand. Also I will say I think this version of reanimator is favored against the traditional version. Overall very happy with the deck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CovenantElite30 View Post
    Just a quick post. Went 3-0 and ID round 4 with the other 3-0 guy. How of the 3 matches I played didn't lose a game. Played ANT round 1 and 2. Played against traditional reanimator round 3. I will say the BRx version is so good against ANT, they literally couldn't do anything especially if I had a Chancellor of the Annex in my opening hand. Also I will say I think this version of reanimator is favored against the traditional version. Overall very happy with the deck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk
    Yeah, we are at least a whole turn faster than storm in G1. In post-board games you can bring in Stronghold Gambit if you have them, but the matchup is already so favorable. UB Reanimator is a real mess to play vs. because it's a mirror match and disgusting, but having access to Faerie Macabre is the real deal.

hey guys, played this deck for a while long a go, made a top with it the second time I played it I think, here was the decklist I used at time:
    http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=19666&iddeck=149679

The peculiarity I like to run is to cut one animate dead for an unburial rites:
    While very rare, you could entomb it and get out tight spots, it's bound to happen that at times you topdeck entomb instead of a reanimation spell, so why not have an out?

After meddling with the deck a little I remember I had switched to the Izzet charm Ubrg version with terrible results, it was too slow for the meta, then I left for works until my recent comeback, which is... now.

During the summer I build the deck again, and here I am with a few questions:

How do people like collective brutality? I think it was the missing card but I wouldn't know what to cut!

I've recently seen a lot of variation of the deck, while the core may usually be the same, the creatures keep changing:
    Maybe the new favourite set really is the one with 4 chancellor 4 grisel 2 sires? that looks solid on paper!
    Isn't the Djin still too slow to act on his own? we cantrip less than the blue version, so I wonder if Inkwell or Ashen rider aren't better solutions in that slot.

The sideboard is always a mess, I agree that 4 decay are a must, I'd only run three because I have white for wear/tear, which doesn't solve DRS but solves leyline.

I've also seen some versions running Show and tell + sol lands:
    While I've acquired Show and Tell, are sol lands still a must? also has Styrfo said in the izzet charm thread, isn't it better to focus on solving their answer, while keep going with our plan, rather than trying to assemble both show + one specific creature (without cantrip), specially when containement priest still answer both plans?

Peace :D

Quote Originally Posted by NegatorITA View Post
    How do people like collective brutality? I think it was the missing card but I wouldn't know what to cut!
    I've seen lists where one Thoughtseize and one Unmask were cut for two Collective Brutality.

Thread Information