Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1498

Thread: [Primer] BRx Griselbrand Reanimator

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Re: [Primer] BRx Griselbrand Reanimator

Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    I wouldn't be more concerned about Silent Gravestone than Grafdigger's Cage.
    If Silent Gravestone gets popular, I'm going to start keeping a count of opponents who show me the Surgical they couldn't cast after I Exhume through it.

Jun 2016
    Indianapolis, IN

New potential fatty to reanimate:

Nezahal, Primal Tide
    5UU
    Legendary Creature - Elder Dinosaur

Nezahal, Primal Tide can't be countered.

You have no maximum hand size.

Whenever an opponent casts a noncreature spell, draw a card.

Disacrd three cards: Exile Nezahal. Return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.

I don’t think it’s maindeck material but it seems like it could be a tech monster in the board. I could also just be blinded by the excitement of being able to play with a dinosaur in reanimator though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ottomanottoman View Post

Nezahal, Primal Tide
    5UU

Disacrd three cards: Exile Nezahal. Return it to the battlefield tapped under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.

I don’t think it’s maindeck material but it seems like it could be a tech monster in the board. I could also just be blinded by the excitement of being able to play with a dinosaur in reanimator though lol.
    It's an ok board in against storm and death and taxes. But the only slot it might fit in is replacing the archetype of endurance for matchups with lots of removal. As much as I look forward to testing it out, I'm not sure it will improve the storm matchup enough to make up for probably being worse against dnt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Aug 2016
    Göttingen

Drawing cards while they combo off doesn't do anything for BR against Storm. Why would you waste a slot for them anyway? Storm is already one of our best match ups. It's probably not bad for UB or Tin Fins though.

And against D&T Inkwell or Archetype are still better.

Jun 2016
    Indianapolis, IN

I wasn’t thinking about using it for storm. That matchup is so good I don’t think we need much post board to fight against it. I was thinking it could come in against the swords to plowshares decks like maverick, DnT, miracles, blade decks, etc. It could be particularly good against the UWx decks given every time they cantrip we get to draw a card too.

Aug 2016
    Göttingen

I wasn’t thinking about using it for storm.
    But the guy above my post obviously did.

I was thinking it could come in against the swords to plowshares decks like maverick, DnT, miracles, blade decks, etc. It could be particularly good against the UWx decks given every time they cantrip we get to draw a card too.
    I'd agree that it's not bad against Miracles in particular, but still: straight forward hexproof or shroud is still better against StP and/or Karakas.

Nov 2007
    Finland

If we ask people what kind of a creature they have had on their reanimator wishlist, I believe none of them would answer "something like Nezahal."
    Some of my friends sell records,
    some of my friends sell drugs.

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hopo View Post
    If we ask people what kind of a creature they have had on their reanimator wishlist, I believe none of them would answer "something like Nezahal."
    Agreed, Griselbrand does a batter job of drawing cards, even Jin Gitaxias is better card draw than Nezahal. The only kind of Creatures you want in this deck are ones that end the game by Locking your opponent out or Strong draw engines. Chancellor is an exception as it acts as interrupt//protection and reanimate target, though it can lock out decks operating off of low land count.

I've seen some lists with Pithing Needle but never tried it myself, anyone have experience with it and how did you like it?

Show and Tell seems to be rising in popularity so shutting down Sneak Attack is nice, plus having more hate for Deathrite Shaman is always nice.

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Going to the classic End of month. Gonna spice it up and go in with unmasks in main. Might try pack rat in the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Going to the classic End of month. Gonna spice it up and go in with unmasks in main. Might try pack rat in the board.
    I'll be playing in the Open in Philly, might play in the Classic as well depending on how the Open goes.

I'll be going with Unmask as well, but I might go 3 Unmask and 1 Brutality. I like having some Brutality in the 75 and going this route frees up 1 sideboard slot.

What are your thoughts on just cutting Reverent Silence and being dead to Leyline of the Void? There really aren't to many decks that play Leyline and having 4 cards that rarely brought in bogs up my sideboard a lot. This is the SB I'm thinking of using.

1 Collective Brutality
    1 Duress (love Duress vs Delver decks instead of UnMask so I don't 2 for 1 myself, kind of want to play a 2nd)
    4 Pack Rat
    4 Abrupt Decay
    2 Faerie McCabre (is Surgical better here?)
    1 Archetype of Endurance
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Ashen Rider (answer to Emrakul since Show and Tell seems to be popular in the area)

this is all speculative as I haven't played this configuration in a tournament before

I might hedge and cut the McCabre for 2 Reverent Silence as there aren't that many graveyard decks, and the ones there are we are fine against with our mainboard.

Quote Originally Posted by delfam View Post
    I'll be playing in the Open in Philly, might play in the Classic as well depending on how the Open goes.

I'll be going with Unmask as well, but I might go 3 Unmask and 1 Brutality. I like having some Brutality in the 75 and going this route frees up 1 sideboard slot.

What are your thoughts on just cutting Reverent Silence and being dead to Leyline of the Void? There really aren't to many decks that play Leyline and having 4 cards that rarely brought in bogs up my sideboard a lot. This is the SB I'm thinking of using.

1 Collective Brutality
    1 Duress (love Duress vs Delver decks instead of UnMask so I don't 2 for 1 myself, kind of want to play a 2nd)
    4 Pack Rat
    4 Abrupt Decay
    2 Faerie McCabre (is Surgical better here?)
    1 Archetype of Endurance
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Ashen Rider (answer to Emrakul since Show and Tell seems to be popular in the area)

this is all speculative as I haven't played this configuration in a tournament before

I might hedge and cut the McCabre for 2 Reverent Silence as there aren't that many graveyard decks, and the ones there are we are fine against with our mainboard.
    I wouldn't cut Collective Brutality to less than 2. It's far too useful in a meta full of delver/DRS decks and adds more to your discard package. I get the appeal of Duress's 1 CMC but I think that should be Collective Brutality.

Being soft to Leyline seems like it'd be fine if you have a plan B in your SB, which you do.

Pithing Needle seems fine for hosing DRS and other combo decks.

Nezahal, Primal Tide
    5UU

Borderline German highlander playable target. Not good enough in Legacy. Three cards is expensive compared to e.g. Inkwell Leviathan, Iona on opponent's removal color or Archtype of Endurance.

If you want to draw tons of cards with triggers, consider Consecrated Sphinx. It's not legendary for Karakas like Nezahal is.

Can't countered is useless and no max hand size is win more.

I’ve been a creeper in here for a few days. Just started playing BR and first things first. I absolutely love this deck. Coming over from Goblins so I feel great being able to get wins lol. My only real question is when we get a turn one Grislebang, do we usually draw 14? Or are we passing and then drawing on our T2? Also why 4 pack rat in the board? Is it for Grindy matches?

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cringe View Post
    I’ve been a creeper in here for a few days. Just started playing BR and first things first. I absolutely love this deck. Coming over from Goblins so I feel great being able to get wins lol. My only real question is when we get a turn one Grislebang, do we usually draw 14? Or are we passing and then drawing on our T2? Also why 4 pack rat in the board? Is it for Grindy matches?
    Depends on scenario there is no RULE, you have to access what you need what your opponent has and the clock either of you have on one another. IE a deck with lightning bolts and attacks may not be the best to draw if you have no available mana, but against something like storm you may want to be more aggressive.

Pack Rat is to dodge GY hate and have a plan B for when they take out removal.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Depends on scenario there is no RULE, you have to access what you need what your opponent has and the clock either of you have on one another. IE a deck with lightning bolts and attacks may not be the best to draw if you have no available mana, but against something like storm you may want to be more aggressive.

Pack Rat is to dodge GY hate and have a plan B for when they take out removal.
    Draw 7 vs 14 also depends on what you get in first 7. What you are lopking for is a second fatty to cleanup discard and animate without life loss next turn, or enough mana accel to hardcast it. If you got that, why draw more? If you didn't get that, why stop drawing?

Getting discard effects now to play them now is also a thing.

Pack Rat in grindy games?

THERE ARE NO GRINDY GAMES
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

Quote Originally Posted by DNSolver View Post
    Pack Rat in grindy games?

THERE ARE NO GRINDY GAMES
    A'men to that.

Thinking of running this deck at the classic in Philly. Couple questions. How strongly do people feel between the white, green, or blue side boards. I may or may not have access to an underground sea for blue. Unmask vs Brutality main. Also I have seen list s running sneak attack, which is on color but seems slow out of the board.

Sep 2015
    Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehen28 View Post
    Thinking of running this deck at the classic in Philly. Couple questions. How strongly do people feel between the white, green, or blue side boards. I may or may not have access to an underground sea for blue. Unmask vs Brutality main. Also I have seen list s running sneak attack, which is on color but seems slow out of the board.
    I like the green splash--gives you options for enchantment and artifact hate, plus Decay being uncounterable is way too good sometimes. Unmask is nice on those turn 1 hands where you're tight on mana acceleration, but Brutality seems so much better in a DRS heavy meta.

Thread Information